PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider in Game informers replay series

Samsdad
12-07-10, 13:33
Wasn't too sure where to put this so I put in this forum.

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/07/10/Replay_3A00_-Tomb-Raider.aspx

Gameinformer has a series in which they look back on some of the most influential games of the past. This month it was Tomb Raider. The video is 30 minutes so have not had time to listen to it yet so can not comment on the content.

Dennis's Mom
12-07-10, 15:16
*shrugs* It's a bunch of silly kids mocking everything. It's meant to be "entertaining"--I think.

Gladous
12-07-10, 16:04
I wonder how many times they said "terrifying." :p

Mikky
12-07-10, 16:21
Any chance of a Youtube link? Not loading for me. :pi:

Ashnod
12-07-10, 17:02
Don't bother. 24 or so minutes of my life I wish I could have back. It's not informative, and there's no appreciable commentary aside from talking about things that happen in other Tomb Raider games, such as running on the top of the Manor in TR3, and one little bit about how the push block/pull lever puzzle system was revolutionary back then.

I did find the brief conversation about how Lara's greatest discovery was finding live dinosaurs in Peru and then promptly killing them somewhat amusing. Cause, you know, she found live dinosaurs and then promptly kills them.

Catracoth
12-07-10, 17:04
Any chance of a Youtube link? Not loading for me. :pi:

Have you tried searching for it yourself?

larafan25
12-07-10, 17:27
Don't bother. 24 or so minutes of my life I wish I could have back. It's not informative, and there's no appreciable commentary aside from talking about things that happen in other Tomb Raider games, such as running on the top of the Manor in TR3, and one little bit about how the push block/pull lever puzzle system was revolutionary back then.

I did find the brief conversation about how Lara's greatest discovery was finding live dinosaurs in Peru and then promptly killing them somewhat amusing. Cause, you know, she found live dinosaurs and then promptly kills them.

WOW, I never really thought of this. Hmmm....seems like something Lara would do though.

Trfansince1996
12-07-10, 18:24
I thought it was a waste of time indeed. :/ They just criticized the graphics. There was a hater among them. Plus, they were noobs XD couldnt beat the Torso monster.

Carbonek_0051
12-07-10, 19:19
*shrugs* It's a bunch of silly kids mocking everything. It's meant to be "entertaining"--I think.

^Pretty much what they said.

I found it quite sad how one of the guys said that games back then were all about exploring and finding switches, but now you can't do that today and then the other guy comments about that's why he hated the series because you do "nothing". It's sad that some gamers don't want to explore and take their time.

I wish they would have gotten some people who appreciate TR and would talk about the good points, and not talk about what's "bad" and make fun of it.

MangelinaJolie
12-07-10, 21:15
Come on guys, it's cool to make fun of TR. :rolleyes:

I lost quite a bit of respect for Game Informer there. They really have a lot of inner growth to do.

voltz
13-07-10, 00:56
Game informer was never really great to begin with. Besides I'm in the process of cleaning some of their junk out. :D