http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d9/Mass_Effect_poster.jpg

Developers: BioWare / Demiurge Studios
Publishers: Microsoft Game Studios
Platforms: Xbox 360, PC
Release Date: 20 November 2007
Genre: Action RPG
Mode: Single Player
Rating: M / 18+

I just picked this up today along with the sequel. Good Lord, is it phenomenal!

michaeldt
15-07-10, 17:13
never played it, and probably never will. Glad that you like it though :)

CiaKonwerski
15-07-10, 17:26
Here is an already existing Mass Effect Thread. Mass Effect 1 and 2 are both discussed in it. :)
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=154210&highlight=Mass+Effect

Catracoth
15-07-10, 17:54
I noticed, but that's a thread for Mass Effect 2 discussion. This thread is based for Mass Effect discussion and that alone.

Forwen
15-07-10, 18:30
Alrighty then, ME2 > ME1

Carbonek_0051
15-07-10, 18:50
Wait...is this a thread for the series or just for ME1?

Sir Croft
15-07-10, 19:35
If there's going to be two threads for ME1 and ME2, then it would be better to have only one for the series.

Catracoth
15-07-10, 19:35
Considering the opening post has information on Mass Effect alone, I would think it's a thread just for the first game :).

If there's going to be a thread for both ME1 and ME2, then it would be better to have only one for the series.

Well I didn't think it appropriate to make a thread for the series since there's a thread for the second one and I didn't want to put it out of business, so to speak.

Carbonek_0051
15-07-10, 19:36
If there's going to be a thread for both ME1 and ME2, then it would be better to have only one for the series.
I agree, it seems a tad pointless to have two threads on two games that are in the same series.

Catracoth
15-07-10, 20:13
Well, if we're all finished playing moderator, let's discuss the topic at hand, shall we?

Mr.Burns
15-07-10, 20:18
Oh will you lot just give it a rest. Jeez. :p The thread is fine. In fact I think this is just dandy so stop griping and start talking about M.E. :p

Catracoth
15-07-10, 20:21
Cheers, Mark :) with that said, I just completed an assignment for the asari Consort. Odd character, that woman. I'm hoping to soon leave the Citadel and get on with some real work, instead of running about like a headless chicken, trying to find my way about.

silver_wolf
15-07-10, 20:22
Illusive Man Origins Comic. (http://comics.ign.com/articles/110/1106020p1.html)
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/cjvelg/mass-effect-evolution-2010071405110.jpg

This looks interesting, I just hope they don't reveal too much. I like the art style. Very pulpy, and the IM looks like a badass. :D

Catracoth
15-07-10, 20:23
Interesting find, SW. I'll bookmark it for reading after I've completed both games. I don't want to risk a spoiler - I already discovered whom you may have a romance with in Mass Effect 2; courtesy of inconsiderate YouTube video titles.

silver_wolf
15-07-10, 20:24
Pretty much anyone except Mordin :rolleyes:

Carbonek_0051
15-07-10, 20:25
Oh will you lot just give it a rest. Jeez. :p The thread is fine. In fact I think this is just dandy so stop griping and start talking about M.E. :p

We never said this thread wasn't fine, we were just saying it would be best if this were a thread about both games. So we're just supposed to only talk about ME1? I see no reason why this can't be a thread for the series. But I guess, was only suggesting something to keep the forums clean, something that is constantly talked about. *shrugs*

Illusive Man Origins Comic. (http://comics.ign.com/articles/110/1106020p1.html)
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/cjvelg/mass-effect-evolution-2010071405110.jpg

This looks interesting, I just hope they don't reveal too much. I like the art style. Very pulpy, and the IM looks like a badass. :D
Technically that has to do with ME2, and this is a ME1 thread.

Mr.Burns
15-07-10, 20:34
Well, I see no reason to close the other ME thread since it's well established. Over all this section tends to do pretty well for itself so I think we're fine for now.

Catracoth
15-07-10, 20:34
I'm absolutely adoring this game. It's everything I could want - innovative RPG gameplay with included action/shooter elements, realistic characters, wonderful graphics, a brilliant story line, great acting, and the ability to choose what you wish to say in conversation and your tone whilst speaking.

I fail to see how Alpha Protocol couldn't do what Mass Effect did.

Carbonek_0051
15-07-10, 20:37
Well, I see no reason to close the other ME thread since it's well established. Over all this section tends to do pretty well for itself so I think we're fine for now.
I never suggested the other thread be closed, the other thread wasn't really active. It was posted it like once a month. It was the same case with ACII, I made a thread for the series and the other thread just died. Considering the MEII thread is made by a banned member, I actually saw no reason why it couldn't die. But if you say so. I won't argue further.

Moderator edit

Mr.Burns
15-07-10, 20:39
You both have a big pair of balls for trying to bicker when you know I'm hanging around here. Knock it off or take it to PM.

Catracoth
15-07-10, 20:45
Understood :). Have you played the game, Mark?

Forwen
15-07-10, 21:48
Splitting the series in two threads seems redundant and fiddly. Just rename the other thread.

edit

Pretty much anyone except Mordin :rolleyes:

Lies! D:

Ward Dragon
15-07-10, 22:58
This thread seems fine for a discussion of only ME1 so as to avoid anyone accidentally seeing spoilers for ME2 :)

So, what are everyone's favorite party members? :D I'm not sure how far Mason got in the game yet so I'll put mine in white :p

Wrex, Tali and Garrus :D

Underhoe
15-07-10, 23:01
Tali, Jack, Samara aaaand...... Ms. Butt.:mis:

MangelinaJolie
15-07-10, 23:17
Garrus and Tali. :D

Catracoth
16-07-10, 00:58
Thanks for whiting them out, you guys :hug:. I'm only at the Citadel after the hearing about Seran's rogue behaviour.

silver_wolf
16-07-10, 02:11
So, wait, this is ME1 only?
Ok.
My favorite squad members are Wrex, Tali, and Liara.

Paddy
16-07-10, 03:58
Ive been stuck on the Citadel for months, havent been that bothered trying to work out what to do.

Catracoth
16-07-10, 04:20
I just left the Citadel. Going to meet Liara and see what she knows. My character, Vesper Shepard is a Spectre.

Underhoe
16-07-10, 11:55
So, wait, this is ME1 only?
Ok.
My favorite squad members are

Oh wait, I thought it is for ME2 too. :vlol: Then it's Tali, Liara and Ashley. <:

Paddy
16-07-10, 12:25
I ought to start a new character, maybe I can do things better with it.

Ward Dragon
16-07-10, 19:30
I ought to start a new character, maybe I can do things better with it.

I was a Vanguard who focused mainly on pistols. I always stayed back behind cover, popped out to shoot things, and then ducked back behind cover when my shields were low so I could wait for them to regenerate before getting shot again :p It worked very well :D

Paddy
17-08-10, 15:23
**** it I stayed with my current character and was able to make my way off the citadel :D

Lara's Nemesis
17-08-10, 17:00
I found the game pretty tough when I first played it, ended up getting stuck and gave up. I think my problem was that I was just letting it auto level up a lot of the time. The games is much easier if you concentrate on building a main set of skills.

Anyway I just completed ME for the first time last night, what a brilliant game. I played as a boring old soldier. Some of the decisions you have to make are pretty tough but make things interesting.
The ending of the game was pretty epic stuff and I don't use that word a lot.:D

Now to start ME2 for the 2nd time, really not sure what class to go for. I am tempted by the Adept tho, will be fun having some biotics. Just wish there was a half soldier/half adept class.

herothing
17-08-10, 17:05
Now to start ME2 for the 2nd time, really not sure what class to go for. I am tempted by the Adept tho, will be fun having some biotics. Just wish there was a half soldier/half adept class.

I just finished ME2 for the second time. Being an Adept is very fun :D :mis:

Lara's Nemesis
17-08-10, 17:16
I just finished ME2 for the second time. Being an Adept is very fun :D :mis:

Good to hear, I've done the 1st mission as an adept now. Think I will stick with it.

Hitting the enemy with Pull then Warp works well. :D

Weemanply109
17-08-10, 17:25
Does anyone else think that the planets, atmosphere and story were more interesting in ME1?

ME2 only won in gameplay and characters. Still can't decide which one is better tho. :p

Lara's Nemesis
17-08-10, 17:34
Does anyone else think that the planets, atmosphere and story were more interesting in ME1?

ME2 only won in gameplay and characters. Still can't decide which one is better tho. :p

The combat is a lot better in ME2, not sure about the story yet. Was a pretty amazing opening sequence on ME2 tho. :eek:

I kinda miss the moon buggy from ME1. Was really cool driving over a planet and seeing another one close to it. Loved that mission on the moon when you could see Earth. Remember another bit when a huge shadow came over your buggy as a Geth ship passed by.

Maybe you get the buggy later in the game.

Weemanply109
27-08-10, 19:32
The combat is a lot better in ME2, not sure about the story yet. Was a pretty amazing opening sequence on ME2 tho. :eek:

Yea combat and controls are better in ME2.

robm_2007
27-08-10, 20:04
am i the only one who found the constant shooting and taking cover boring?

sure, you can mix it up by using you and your teams powers, but idk, i just found that aspect of the game the worst. everything else was really good, but i just felt that too much monotonous gunplay can ruin a game.

but, im also getting desensitized to the enjoymental fun of shooting ppl and things, cuz thats mostly all we do in VG's these days. :o