PDA

View Full Version : Are you concerned where video games are going?

Braider
16-07-10, 14:51
I am a dedicated gamer!

I love to pit my wits against a game to beat it. Action Adventure games such as Tombraider, Batman arkham Asylun, Just Cause 2 and Assassins creed 2, give me the oportunity to play and concentrate on being successful.

BUT! we now seem to be moving to Co-op games, Multiplayer games, Motion control and arcade style games.

Do you think that the trend will mean the end of single player games that you can play without having to jump around or find other people to assist?

What do you think??

xXhayleyroxXx
16-07-10, 14:58
No i've got no worries about it at all - and as for tomb raider it will still be single player and you can play GoL single player. It will always be catered for.

Phlip
16-07-10, 15:01
Yep, I'm worried. I'm worried that at some time, motion control will be mandatory and that there won't be disk released games anymore.

igonge
16-07-10, 15:12
I'm just gonna go with the flow and complain about things when they change :p

Shark_Blade
16-07-10, 15:14
Yeah I hate dlc exclusive content. Motion control isn't that great either, it felt bothersome to me.

Antonio
16-07-10, 15:23
I am a dedicated gamer as well and I'm not worried about it much. I'm pretty much excited how game will turn out something new experience. I love games with multiplayer and co-op feature, I used to dislike and most of time I spending on singe player, now games with multiplayer are more addicting. Let's take look on Lara Croft & The Guardian Of Light. I'm excited about it, not just because a game, I will have a chance to have chat with members in this forum. :D

Now about motion control, I have no idea. I have never play games with motion control, but I will love to try out.

We all like new ideas, just they have to find and hit the right time and make it for easy use. ;)

trXD
16-07-10, 15:23
Single played games will never be eliminated, simply because no matter how popular multiplayer games get there will always be demand for it.

People have been worried about where games are heading since the playstation 1 days when it first became a big deal, I myself cant see how video games in general can take a turn in the wrong direction. Its just too big of an industry.

Mr GaGa
16-07-10, 15:41
What i'm worried about is that there are way to many First Person Shooters, I mean E3 2010 was flooded with those types of games:mad:. I need third person action adventure games.

The only games that interested me was Dead Space2, True Crime, Lara Croft ofcourse;), and That Ghost Recon Future soldier. All the rest I saw was just First Person Shooters:(.

Oh and why wasn't Allison Carroll there:confused:.
And why was Lara Croft the only female video game character there:confused::confused:.

Vinkula
16-07-10, 15:42
Nope.

MangelinaJolie
16-07-10, 17:26
DLC and casual gaming are a bit worrisome for me, as well as the apparent need for multiplayer in games where it is unnecessary. I'll just have to get used to it regardless since it's not going to change.

Carbonek_0051
16-07-10, 17:45
Single played games will never be eliminated, simply because no matter how popular multiplayer games get there will always be demand for it.

People have been worried about where games are heading since the playstation 1 days when it first became a big deal, I myself cant see how video games in general can take a turn in the wrong direction. Its just too big of an industry.

:tmb:

tomblover
16-07-10, 17:55
I suppose my only concern is that games turn download-only.

Also, motion control is getting a bit out of hand, IMO. It started as a fun and cool gimmick and now it's being taken seriously. Especially with all these fitness things. If I wanted to excercise, I'd go to the gym or something. Not sit around and play video games. I understand they want us to be healthy but it's really not working for me.

Trfansince1996
16-07-10, 17:57
I had my worries with this gen's gaming. Until I played mass effect 2, assasin's creed 2 and SMG2. :) And then there's my worries with motion control. I generally hate motion control. The only games Ive tolerated with motion control is the SMGs and twilight princess. The others just drive me nuts.