PDA

View Full Version : Other games like Uncharted or Tomb Raider

Tonyrobinson
18-07-10, 19:57
I don't have a PS3 so I really want to play Uncharted but I do have a 360 and would like to know if there are any other Jungle/raiding 3rd Person Shooters like Tomb Raider or Uncharted for the 360. I know many will suggest Prince of Persia but I already have them so any others will be appreciated and some nice Gameplay videos or trailers wouldn't go a miss! :D

Carbonek_0051
18-07-10, 19:59
If you're looking for something in terms of platforming & exploration, I would suggest Batman Arkham Asylum (for some reason it reminds me of TR, don't ask xD). But if you're looking for something with the exact type of gameplay, I can't think of anything. Have you played the Assassin's Creed games? Those might be up your alley, but it doesn't have guns. :)

trlestew
18-07-10, 19:59
From what I heard, Mass Effect is what Uncharted would be if it took place in a sci-fi universe, had a whole lot of characters and deep story, and if it was an RPG :p

jk.

Catracoth
18-07-10, 20:01
Ew - Mass Effect is nothing like Uncharted. 20x better though ;).

Carbonek_0051
18-07-10, 20:03

I can agree with this, the only thing they have in common is the take cover and shoot mechanic (although it's much more deep in ME:p). xD

sandra croft
18-07-10, 20:04

Mass Effect reminded me of Uncharted since it has similor coversystem. I would suggest Indiana jones and the Emperors Tomb itīs for the old xbox but it works on Xbox 360.

xXhayleyroxXx
18-07-10, 20:05
Assassins Creed 2 and the Prince of Persia series :tmb:

EDIT: oops , missed that part of your post :p

Carbonek_0051
18-07-10, 20:06
the Prince of Persia series :tmb:
*cough*
...I know many will suggest Prince of Persia but I already have them...

Tonyrobinson
18-07-10, 20:07
I'm a fan of Ass Creed (hehehe... ASS!)

I was thinking more along the lines of a jungle setting but never the less I will give Mass Effect a look. :D

trlestew
18-07-10, 20:08
I was just joking when I said that :o Mass Efect is nothing like Uncharted.

Tonyrobinson
18-07-10, 20:16
I did watch an IGN review though and I think I'm gonna give it a go but definately keep all the suggestions coming :D

Carbonek_0051
18-07-10, 20:18
Wait, so do you own Batman? I think you do, but I'm not sure. :p

Tonyrobinson
18-07-10, 20:23
Yeah, I do mate. It's quite amazing. :D

Carbonek_0051
18-07-10, 20:23
Okiday then, I've run out of suggestions. :D

xXhayleyroxXx
18-07-10, 20:25
*cough*

I guess you didnt read my edit I posted a second later :p

Catracoth
18-07-10, 21:18
Mass Effect reminded me of Uncharted since it has similor coversystem.

Most third person shooters have cover systems. I don't know how you can be reminded only of one game when there are so many...

Jo269976
18-07-10, 21:57
Wait, so do you own Batman? I think you do, but I'm not sure. :p

Yeah, I do mate. It's quite amazing. :D

Sorry, the truth just had to be seen, one more time.

sandra croft
19-07-10, 06:57
Most third person shooters have cover systems. I don't know how you can be reminded only of one game when there are so many...

Uncharted and Mass Effect are almost the only games that I played with coversystems. I come up with an other game to recommend King Kong it has jungle.

Dennis's Mom
19-07-10, 13:01
If you're looking for something in terms of platforming & exploration, I would suggest Batman Arkham Asylum (for some reason it reminds me of TR, don't ask xD).

I'll tell you why. The actual game is the same: Find stuff. Find the item, the path, the solution. The window dressing is different, but the objective is the same.

I would recommend Beyond Good and Evil. I also think you'd enjoy Okami.

Samsdad
19-07-10, 17:48
The original Far Cry on the PC was very similar to Uncharted. Come to think of it, it was better than either of the Uncharted's (not nearly as linear and more challenging) The subsequent iterations on the XBox were not nearly as good and Far Cry 2, as a sandbox game, was a real mess.

Tonyrobinson
20-07-10, 01:11
Picked up the original Far Cry today for a pound. Great game and equally as brilliant graphics. Thanks for the suggestions.

Keep them coming! :D