PDA

View Full Version : God of War

michaeldt
19-07-10, 11:52
http://www.gamershell.com/static/boxart/large/5928.jpg
http://www.psu.com/media/god-of-war-ii/god-of-war-2-boxart.jpg
http://admintell.napco.com/ee/images/uploads/gamertell/godofwar_psp_box225.jpg
http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID6894/images/God_of_War_III_box_art(1).jpg
I've only played the 3rd God of War and the demo to Chains of Olympus and I love it :D I just finished God of War 3 and I thought it was EPIC!! :yik: im currently trying to beat Titan mode and I have 57% of the trophies :D although the challenges of olympus weren't hard at all :/ it took me half an hour to beat them all. So the God of War series is probably finished now since *SPOILERS*Kratos Killed himself at the end of God of War 3*SPOILERS* what do you think Santa Monica studios is going to make next? :D

GenyaArikado
19-07-10, 13:05
what do you think Santa Monica studios is going to make next

Ghost of Sparta. He is going to sink Atlantis or something

Hera did not deserver it

Alex Fly
19-07-10, 14:47
Santa Monica studio isn't the developer of the PSP games, it's Ready At Dawn Studios. ;)

For the moment they didn't say anything about their next project but apparently they were hiring recently. I don't know what will be their next game, maybe a new franchise of the same genre based on another mythology, who knows...

Carbonek_0051
19-07-10, 16:19
I honestly don't think it's over considering at the end of the credits in GoWIII his body disappeared. I'm a fan of the series, but I only like GoW, GoWIII, & GoWCoO. GoWII just didn't do it for me, it didn't feel nearly as good as the first game, and the story felt tacked on compared to the first game, Kratos also felt more I don't know....not likable.

Alex Fly
19-07-10, 16:29
Lol funny you say that, God of War II is my favorite by far (then it's GOW III and far, far later it's GOW 1) ! :D

Dennis's Mom
19-07-10, 19:39
I hope whatever they do is miles away from God of War. I think that game has gone about as far as it can go without diluting it into mediocrity.

Carbonek_0051
19-07-10, 19:42
I doubt it, I wish they would work on something other than GoW. But I have a feeling Ghosts of Sparta is going to set up some future storyline. :/

Dennis's Mom
20-07-10, 13:21
I'm afraid of that too. Kratos' story was compelling, but IMO it's finished. I really don't want a new game with "new" weapons. I mean, they were sort of scraping it with the electric claws. It felt like "what have we not done yet?"

Carbonek_0051
20-07-10, 13:23
Indeed, I thought GoWIII was the perfect ending. I honestly do not think there is anything they can do that they haven't already. Sure maybe a new story (which will probably be tacked on and not as well thought out), but gameplay I really don't think there is anything they can tack on to make it seem different with each new title.

ozzman
20-07-10, 13:53
i loved the series, epic with loveable charactors. and Godly Graphics. but kratos is done, shure we could fill in the story gaps between Gow and GoW II, but that's about it, hopefuly these could be released as DLC Chapters for GOWIII

Carbonek_0051
20-07-10, 13:57
...we could fill in the story gaps between Gow and GoW II....

It's already being done, it's called Ghost of Sparta and it's for the PSP.

ozzman
20-07-10, 14:02
i havn't found much on that, and my PSP has a broken screen , so i hope people wil record and put on youtube for me :D

Nenya awakens
20-07-10, 20:25
I bought God of War on Ebay the other week to replace my broken disc but it was one of those gold tinted discs that don't work on all ps2's.. typical lol

michaeldt
23-07-10, 16:39
I Kratos also felt more I don't know....not likable.

was Kratos ever a likeable character? :vlol:

Carbonek_0051
23-07-10, 17:14
was Kratos ever a likeable character? :vlol:

Yes, in God of War & God of War III. He at least had some humanity to him.

GenyaArikado
23-07-10, 20:45
Yes, in God of War & God of War III. He at least had some humanity to him.

No just GoW, and CoO because he mostly did what was best in those (except killing the pure Elysean souls and the Captain). In GOW3 he killed the Poseidon Concubine (who did nothing) Hera (who was drunk) Hephaestus(who was protecting his dauther) and caused the death of Pandora, Daedalus and millions of persons. I think he didnt even do the "hope thing" to save humanity, he did it just to upset Jubileus the Crea.....I mean....Athena(which he owes everything).

Carbonek_0051
23-07-10, 22:02
He had humanity in GoWIII, you could tell he really cared about Pandora after awhile.

GenyaArikado
23-07-10, 22:46
Omygawd im gunna kill everyone and take care of a lil girl so everyone can see imma good person and they forget that i destroyed greece

Carbonek_0051
23-07-10, 23:00
What does that even have to do with humanity? Do you even know what humanity means?

Him caring about Pandora showed that he still had some human emotions and cared.

Dennis's Mom
25-07-10, 13:11
No just GoW, and CoO because he mostly did what was best in those (except killing the pure Elysean souls and the Captain). In GOW3 he killed the Poseidon Concubine (who did nothing) Hera (who was drunk) Hephaestus(who was protecting his dauther) and caused the death of Pandora, Daedalus and millions of persons. I think he didnt even do the "hope thing" to save humanity, he did it just to upset Jubileus the Crea.....I mean....Athena(which he owes everything).

I think he did. I think he saw the ambition in Athena, and knew it would merely be "meet the new boss, same as the old boss." His goal was to break Olympus' hold completely over mankind.

Kratos was never anyone I wanted to be friends with. He was not a nice guy.

Except for GOW2, though, I could see a person who had complicated motives and internal conflicts. GOW2 just felt like a giant temper tantrum. Still fun to play though.

Phys
25-07-10, 13:15
Never played the games but I've heard the music. It sounds amazingly epic!

Carbonek_0051
25-07-10, 13:20
I think he did. I think he saw the ambition in Athena, and knew it would merely be "meet the new boss, same as the old boss." His goal was to break Olympus' hold completely over mankind.

Kratos was never anyone I wanted to be friends with. He was not a nice guy.

Except for GOW2, though, I could see a person who had complicated motives and internal conflicts. GOW2 just felt like a giant temper tantrum.

:tmb:

I still found Kratos somewhat likable in the other titles, but like you said. Not someone I would want to be friends with. Just in a sense where you almost feel bad for him and can see he does have some humanity left in him.

GoS Exclusive King Midas Gameplay (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-king-god-of-war/702048)

Looks like the same old, same old. I might wait for the price to drop on this one, but knowing me I'll end up getting it on the first day. :p

GenyaArikado
25-07-10, 17:06
Andy Park has posted in his blog is art for GoW3

I still think that he didnt do it for the humans. Anyway Athena suceeded

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100203053609/bayonetta/images/e/ee/Jubileus.jpg

:p

michaeldt
25-07-10, 17:26
who would win in a fight, Kratos? or Chuck Norris? :p

Alex Fly
25-07-10, 17:43
^ A fight like this would surely be epic ! I really can't say who would win ! :p

GenyaArikado
25-07-10, 22:03
Bayonetta:p

WSOwen02
25-07-10, 22:34
As much as I love these games, Sony Santa Monica is one of the most talented development houses in the industry and it would be a shame for them to be stuck recycling sequels.

Dennis's Mom
25-07-10, 23:43
I agree. I really wish they'd let Kratos and his universe RIP. He's earned it, certainly.

Paddy
26-07-10, 04:09
I love both God of War games on PS2, 2 I enjoy more.
Im ****ing stuck on the first game, cannot get past the bit where I have to kill everything before the floor opens up and I die.

IceColdLaraCroft
28-07-10, 22:19
"hold devils, cup of tea, hold devils, cup of tea, mulan" :vlol:

Legend of Lara
28-07-10, 22:23
As much as I love these games, Sony Santa Monica is one of the most talented development houses in the industry and it would be a shame for them to be stuck recycling sequels.

C'mon it's just at three, four if you count Chains of Olympus by Ready At Dawn (I think it was them). It hasn't really gotten bad just yet... :pi:

GenyaArikado
28-07-10, 22:39
"hold devils, cup of tea, hold devils, cup of tea, mulan" :vlol:

I never understood that, which song is it

I agree. I really wish they'd let Kratos and his universe RIP. He's earned it, certainly.

We could have a sequel with Moses taking down the Egyptian pantheon, seriously