PDA

View Full Version : Limbo

moodydog
20-07-10, 20:18
I just heard of this game, and it looks amazing! I cant wait to play it. :D Comes out tomorrow.

bV-0w8I-oAc

Anyone else interested?

Sorry if there is another thread, feel free to close this.

trlestew
20-07-10, 20:18
I would be, but it appears to be x360 exclusive as of now :/

Catracoth
20-07-10, 20:24
I legit thought this was about limbo dancing :vlol:. Still, it looks good.

ClankDaxter
20-07-10, 20:32
Doesn't teases me up. Sounds too boring with really slow platforming. Also, it has no colour, wich makes it even more boring being it all black and white! Looks way too much LBP for me!

Catracoth
20-07-10, 20:35
Doesn't teases me up. Sounds too boring with really slow platforming. Also, it has no colour, wich makes it even more boring being it all black and white! Looks way too much LBP for me!

Your loss.

Jeissy
20-07-10, 20:38
Ahh, I just found out about it yesterday and I think it's a nice new game :p From what I've seen the puzzles do look tricky enough to make you like this game IMO. Too bad it's for XBox360 though. I guess there aren't any news that it will be released for PC and other consoles till now, right? :(

Your loss.

:tmb:

Super Badnik
20-07-10, 20:40
It actually looks kinda boring. Still, don't judge a book by it's cover I guess.

Trigger_happy
20-07-10, 20:41
The fact that its currently a 360 exclusive means I'm not interested. Pity, it look intriguing.

Legend of Lara
20-07-10, 20:54
I would be, but it appears to be x360 exclusive as of now :/

The fact that its currently a 360 exclusive means I'm not interested. Pity, it look intriguing.

So, yeah.

Catracoth
20-07-10, 20:57

Well, LittleBigPlanet was a PS3 exclusive. Now Limbo is a 360 exclusive. It's only fair :wve:.

trlestew
20-07-10, 20:58
I hate when people use that " :wve: " smiley when not saying hello.

I guess some sort of OCD I guess :o

Catracoth
20-07-10, 21:05
I hate a lot of things that people do. Complaining doesn't make them stop :p.

trlestew
20-07-10, 21:07
I didn't want you to stop, I just felt the need to post it.

Catracoth
20-07-10, 21:16
Oops :o I forgot the friendly emoticon so you would know I wasn't being mean.

moodydog
20-07-10, 21:19
Oops :o I forgot the friendly emoticon so you would know I wasn't being mean.

It is amazing how smilies completely change the shape of a message when you really have an emotion that is different to that particular smilie. :mad:

jarekhanzelka
20-07-10, 21:22
I thought it was supposed to come on PC as well.:confused:

Catracoth
20-07-10, 21:31
It is amazing how smilies completely change the shape of a message when you really have an emotion that is different to that particular smilie. :mad:

I know, right? Now I get a better understanding of my forum tone of voice :o.

moodydog
20-07-10, 21:37
I know, right? Now I get a better understanding of my forum tone of voice :o.

you do realise that me real emotion was a :p and not a :mad:.

It was the irony of my reply :p

Catracoth
20-07-10, 21:49
Oh yes, I caught on :).

Love2Raid
20-07-10, 22:04
OMGOMGOMG, tomorrow!! :yah::jmp:

herothing
21-07-10, 09:28
Limbo actually looks quite intriguing although its exclusive apparently.
I'm not sure if its my type of game though TBH.

michaeldt
21-07-10, 09:30
looks a bit too gothic for my liking

sandra croft
21-07-10, 09:32
It looks quite good but according to Eurogamers review itīs only 3 hours long, and Iīm not paying 1200 points for that maybe I will buy it if it gets a special offer later.

Carbonek_0051
21-07-10, 09:33
IGN gave it a 9.0 (http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/63756/limbo/videos/limbo_vdr_071610.html) & Gametrailers gave it a 8.8 (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-pod-limbo/701815?type=flv). I really want to play it but my HDD is running out of space. I'll download the trial when it's out and see if I like it enough to delete some DLC or other arcade titles of my HDD. :p

Catracoth
22-07-10, 02:13
Has anyone played it yet? Sweet Jesus, I was on the edge of my seat when the giant spider came and attacked. I thought I was going to pass out. This game is awesome though :tmb:.

http://www.limbogame.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/screenshot06-800x450.jpg

silver_wolf
22-07-10, 02:15
I'd really like to. It's not on Steam, is it?

trlestew
22-07-10, 02:20
Has anyone played it yet? Sweet Jesus, I was on the edge of my seat when the giant spider came and attacked. I thought I was going to pass out. This game is awesome though :tmb:.

http://www.limbogame.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/screenshot06-800x450.jpg

O_O That would scare me.
You can take and upload pictures?

Carbonek_0051
22-07-10, 02:23

No Xbox Live exclusive.

I just got done playing the trial, this game is really good. The atmosphere is creepy, and the puzzles are great. I've jumped quite a few times, I am definitely going to get this first chance I get! :D

Catracoth
22-07-10, 02:24

It's an Xbox 360 exclusive.

O_O That would scare me.
You can take and upload pictures?

You think that's scary, wait until it reveals itself, see if you don't jump six feet. I got the picture from the website.

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/puzzle/limbo/video/6269972/limbo--revenge-on-a-spider-gameplay-movie

gtkilla
22-07-10, 02:29
I bought it, but I haven't played past where the trial ends. What i did play was fun though. :D the gameplay is like a 2D black and white version of Crystal's TRs. :D :tmb:

Catracoth
22-07-10, 02:32
the gameplay is like a 2D black and white version of Crystal's TRs.

I don't see the connection :confused:. I thought it to be similar to LittleBigPlanet.

gtkilla
22-07-10, 02:42
I don't see the connection :confused:. I thought it to be similar to LittleBigPlanet.

i've never played that. But to me it reminds me of the platforming and puzzle solving of TR with all the pushing and pulling of crates to create platforms and cross terrain, rope swinging, sliding, jumping, etc..that plus the creepy atmosphere gives it kind of a TR-ish feel.

Carbonek_0051
22-07-10, 02:44
i've never played that. But to me it reminds me of the platforming and puzzle solving of TR with all the pushing and pulling of crates to create platforms and cross terrain, rope swinging, sliding, jumping, etc..that plus the creepy atmosphere gives it kind of a TR-ish feel.

I definitely felt the same way while playing it. :)

Catracoth
22-07-10, 03:19

Perhaps it's just me, but the original Tomb Raider games are the last on my list of comparisons to Limbo.

just croft
22-07-10, 03:31
I like the artwork, but it looks pretty straightforward.

Soul
25-07-10, 20:31
Limbo is fantastic and I really enjoyed plaing it so far but now I'm stuck here:

http://www.abload.de/img/foto0007f54b.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=foto0007f54b.jpg)

It's the part with the weird gravity. Once the guy steps onto the trigger tile the two crates get beamed up. The aim is to get at least one of them up to the ladder but as there's a long slope on the floor this is a very hard task and I have no idea how to progress.
I don't want to look for help on Youtube or in a Walkthrough as I don't want to get too much help. Maybe one of you guys could give me a tiny hint without revealing too much. :)

jarekhanzelka
25-07-10, 20:41
It mostly reminds me of Another World. It looks bloody fantastic. Why oh why is it an exclusive?:(

Phys
25-07-10, 20:41
Ha oh wow :p I think it looks great! Love the spider bit, and holding onto the insect.

jarekhanzelka
25-07-10, 21:05
Limbo is fantastic and I really enjoyed plaing it so far but now I'm stuck here:

http://www.abload.de/img/foto0007f54b.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=foto0007f54b.jpg)

It's the part with the weird gravity. Once the guy steps onto the trigger tile the two crates get beamed up. The aim is to get at least one of them up to the ladder but as there's a long slope on the floor this is a very hard task and I have no idea how to progress.
I don't want to look for help on Youtube or in a Walkthrough as I don't want to get too much help. Maybe one of you guys could give me a tiny hint without revealing too much. :)

Try to move one of them up the slope behind the trigger platform ale while it's sliding down, try to move the other one somewhere...smart.

Soul
25-07-10, 22:06
Wow, thanks. What a great puzzle again. :D

Rivendell
25-07-10, 22:10
I played the demo the other day, and watched a bit more of the full game - and I have to say, I think it's an amazing game. Such incredible atmosphere. Brilliant little puzzles. Wonderful feel and great level of detail.

Reminded me a LOT of how Ico felt.

StefanJ94
25-07-10, 22:22
Gaaaawww the game looks so cutee ^^ :)
Too bad there isn't a PC version.......for now :whi:

Soul
25-07-10, 23:14
I made it and even if it was a little bit short it was definitely worth the money and a nice little new experience with a superb atmosphere and great, clever puzzles.

Shouldn't be missed by any Xboxplayer :)

Now I just hope that there's any other Arcadetitle (apart from GoL) in this Summer of Arcade worth a Download. The waiting time until GoL is sooo long :)

Poke Warrior
28-07-10, 15:57
I dont know if i should get this game????? How long is it?

jarekhanzelka
28-07-10, 16:02
First time around, you can complete the game in about 2 hours. But there are some collectables/achievements. I say, even though it's a short experience, it's a strong one, very strong, and absolutely worth the price.

Poke Warrior
28-07-10, 16:08
First time around, you can complete the game in about 2 hours. But there are some collectables/achievements. I say, even though it's a short experience, it's a strong one, very strong, and absolutely worth the price.

Ok, Ill take your word on it since i only have 1210 and that was for GoL but I can get more points next week :D But If I dont like it (Even tho I LOVED the demo) I will be coming after you! :mis: :pi:

jarekhanzelka
28-07-10, 16:10
I'll be looking forward to it.;)

Lara's Nemesis
28-07-10, 23:34
I'm really tempted by this game, heard a lot of good things about it. Love the style as well.

What are the puzzles like on it? Are they anything like the game "Braid"?

Poke Warrior
29-07-10, 21:02
Just Completed Limbo and got all the eggs and I got 98%, I cant get the last achievement XD

Catracoth
29-07-10, 21:11
I'm waiting to get more Microsoft Points - I have 600 at the moment and need another 600 :p.

tizerist
29-07-10, 21:16
looks quite good I think, however due to the simple nature the game should have a long lifespan. I'm talking 100 hours on a playthrough, not the 6 hours that IGN said it had.

Catracoth
29-07-10, 21:22
looks quite good I think, however due to the simple nature the game should have a long lifespan. I'm talking 100 hours on a playthrough, not the 6 hours that IGN said it had.

Well that's why the game is only about $10.

Tommy123
30-07-10, 00:04
Played it today at a friends house in the dark. I must say this game has by far the best atmosphere ive seen. I really hope there is gonna be a sequal of some kind.

Squibbly
30-07-10, 01:39
I played the demo. Very strange. Not in a bad way, though.

Melonie Tomb Raider
30-07-10, 01:41
Beat the game. LOVE it! Probably the best XBLA game out to date. :tmb:

]{eith
30-07-10, 01:43
I played the demo and I loved it. I'm definitely considering buying the full title. The atmosphere is fantastic and the puzzles are very clever.

just*raidin*tomb
30-07-10, 01:55
This game looks pretty scary in terms of atmosphere. Looks marvelous! Is going to be out for PSN?

Catracoth
30-07-10, 01:57
It's a 360 exclusive.

just*raidin*tomb
30-07-10, 02:00
Poo. I was hoping it was only exclusive for a while like GoL. :(

trlestew
30-07-10, 02:01
Who knows really, many XBL titles have been released on PSN anywhere from a week or two to a month.

Carbonek_0051
30-07-10, 02:03
Not the ones that are published by MS, which this one is.

trlestew
30-07-10, 02:03
Oh... no windows port either? :o

Catracoth
30-07-10, 03:04
It's a 360 exclusive (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thefreedictionary.com%2Fexclu sive&rct=j&q=exclusive%20definition&ei=GUFSTOrpF8OB8gby-sSiBA&usg=AFQjCNGbCX0FwQ5fpWF7bcNJalswu-5adQ&sig2=9nvXveIAlBiqoNCpmWRs1A).

MangelinaJolie
30-07-10, 04:44
It's a 360 exclusive (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thefreedictionary.com%2Fexclu sive&rct=j&q=exclusive%20definition&ei=GUFSTOrpF8OB8gby-sSiBA&usg=AFQjCNGbCX0FwQ5fpWF7bcNJalswu-5adQ&sig2=9nvXveIAlBiqoNCpmWRs1A).

That definition seems awfully loose in the gaming world (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=166516)... but I see your point.

Love2Raid
31-07-10, 23:21
This game is just...fantastic! :eek:

I havenīt completed the game yet, but I think I am very close to the end. I got stuck and decided to take a break from it (for those who have played it: Iīm near a sort of magnetic field with two small blocks and more stuff). :p

I had played the trial version earlier, but finally bought the full game today. I am happy I did, because itīs definitely worth the money. If you have played the trial version, let me tell you this: you have seen nothing yet! :D

I love the spooky atmosphere of the forest area and the better puzzles and brutal traps of the industrial/city area. Speaking of puzzles, they are great! Really cute and clever, some really need your full attention. And most of them are physics-based, which I just love! The lack of music (except for some moments, which makes it more special), the unique art style and especially the sound effects add to an amazing and unique experience. There doesnīt seem to be a story, itīs all in your head. The little boy doesnīt speak or interact with you in any way, but still you become fond of him and want to protect him.

If you like a game with good puzzles that require thinking and timing, brutal traps and deaths (although very cleverly īcoveredī by the black and white visuals, they are still really brutal!), a game that you canīt easily put down once you have started, this is the game for you. Donīt be fooled by the screenshots, this game is great. Get it! :D