PDA

View Full Version : Alice: Madness Returns

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

moodydog
20-07-10, 20:58
I cant wait for this to come out. I love american mcgees alice, this is going to rock!

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/objects/143/14323747.html

Gladous
20-07-10, 20:59
OMFG! YES! It's about time! :jmp: :yah:

moodydog
20-07-10, 21:02
The Wonderland that you knew from childhood has gone horribly wrong ... again. This is the follow-up to designer American McGee's twisted take on the classic Lewis Carroll tale. Designed with the same dark style of the original, but now featuring entirely new visuals, story and game design, Alice: Madness Returns follows Alice on a journey through a wildly corrupted and shattered Wonderland to uncover the truth behind her haunted past and tortured psyche.
Alice: Madness Returns takes place 10 years after the conclusion of the original game, with Alice struggling to recover from the emotional trauma of losing her entire family in a fatal fire. After spending a decade institutionalized in an insane asylum, she is finally released to the care of a psychiatrist who just may be able to help her conquer the nightmarish hallucinations that still haunt her. Alice embarks on a mission to root out the true cause of her family's mysterious death, jumping from a gloomy and stark London to a rich and provocative Wonderland.

This has to be the best storyline to a 'fairytale' game ever!

Tonyrobinson
20-07-10, 21:04
Can't wait for this one. :)

Gladous
20-07-10, 21:05
God, the first one scared the crap out of me as a child and this one looks SO good! :cln:

Catracoth
20-07-10, 21:05
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=157138 (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=157138&highlight=alice)

moodydog
20-07-10, 21:10
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=157138 (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=157138&highlight=alice)

oh sorry i didnt see that one :(

anyway.. its motion captured, so i hope the gameplay is amazing!

James_Rutland
20-07-10, 21:16
OMG the screenshots!!! :cln:

dizzydoil
20-07-10, 21:21
The Wonderland that you knew from childhood has gone horribly wrong ... again. This is the follow-up to designer American McGee's twisted take on the classic Lewis Carroll tale. Designed with the same dark style of the original, but now featuring entirely new visuals, story and game design, Alice: Madness Returns follows Alice on a journey through a wildly corrupted and shattered Wonderland to uncover the truth behind her haunted past and tortured psyche.
Alice: Madness Returns takes place 10 years after the conclusion of the original game, with Alice struggling to recover from the emotional trauma of losing her entire family in a fatal fire. After spending a decade institutionalized in an insane asylum, she is finally released to the care of a psychiatrist who just may be able to help her conquer the nightmarish hallucinations that still haunt her. Alice embarks on a mission to root out the true cause of her family's mysterious death, jumping from a gloomy and stark London to a rich and provocative Wonderland.

This has to be the best storyline to a 'fairytale' game ever!

:cln::cln::cln::cln:

I have never ever seen any screens in-game before, I couldn't believe my eyes when I clicked the link! It's so freakin' beautiful! I LOVE it! :cln::cln:

moodydog
20-07-10, 21:22
:cln::cln::cln::cln:

I have never ever seen any screens in-game before, I couldn't believe my eyes when I clicked the link! It's so freakin' beautiful! I LOVE it! :cln::cln:

I think the graphics are something of a work-in-progress to be honest. I would be upset if they are final.

Gladous
20-07-10, 21:27
I think the graphics are something of a work-in-progress to be honest. I would be upset if they are final.

Why? They're stunning! :D

dizzydoil
20-07-10, 21:29
Honestly, if the game is any where near as good as the original- the graphics really don't matter.

http://www.literature-study-online.com/images/aliceshot.jpg

I want Alice's hair to be red (redder) again though.

moodydog
20-07-10, 21:30
Why? They're stunning! :D

It is stunning, in the same way that the original is stunning, and how the original Tomb raiders are stunning, however, in terms of graphics, i think they are not final, i am not saying their bad... just not as good as I expected them to be. However, the art direction is fantastic

trlestew
20-07-10, 21:33
did not play the first.

But I just find an urge to like the twisted demented sotryline and design. So unique, and actually sort of makes sense...
A girl who "magicically" finds this fantasy like world full of odd creatures and mushrooms. Sounds very much like a phsycological illusion to me :pi: How was the gameplay like in the first?

dizzydoil
20-07-10, 21:35
did not play the first.

But I just find an urge to like the twisted demented sotryline and design. So unique, and actually sort of makes sense...
A girl who "magicically" finds this fantasy like world full of odd creatures and mushrooms. Sounds very much like a phsycological illusion to me :pi: How was the gameplay like in the first?

... very much like the classic Tomb Raiders, in some sense. Well, it the same sense as Resident Evil to the classics... you'll get what I mean if you play it. :p

It's a beautiful game- with fantastic gameplay. I adore it. :D

igonge
20-07-10, 21:45
Woo! :p

WSOwen02
20-07-10, 23:24
Teaser (CG, no gameplay)

http://www.giantbomb.com/heres-the-teaser-reveal-of-alice-madness-returns/17-2923/

Catracoth
20-07-10, 23:37

:whi:

tomblover
20-07-10, 23:48
Oh shush! O_O

THIS GAME IS FUQWIN BEAUTIFUL.

And the trailer was quite creepy. o_o

Carbonek_0051
20-07-10, 23:51
I hadn't seen the new screenshots or trailer, thanks for posting. :D

tomblover
20-07-10, 23:53
I quite possibly believe I've never been happier.

Carbonek_0051
21-07-10, 00:06
The screenshots look so good, I loved the teaser.

Catracoth
21-07-10, 00:11
There's already a thread on the sequel. I don't know why people post in the duplicate when a link was provided.

Carbonek_0051
21-07-10, 00:12
Because the thread was 3 months old I take it, it pretty much died.

Catracoth
21-07-10, 00:25
I fail to see how that's a problem.

Carbonek_0051
21-07-10, 00:30
Because the bump rule applies. *shrugs*

Chris.Talg0
21-07-10, 00:32
wasn't bumping a thread more than 2 months old against the T&C? other than that, this game looks amazing! i can't wait to see footage of this game. in the mean time, ill just play the first game to get back in the alice in wonderland mood. :jmp:

Catracoth
21-07-10, 00:35
Because the bump rule applies. *shrugs*

Well, it's nonsense. The previous thread is perfectly usable.

Steven_1379
21-07-10, 00:39
omg everything is looking so ****ing great!!!!
and the teaser oooo more dark and bloody than what could be made with the first one
im guessing the dress and the hair are fluid
and i hope they change the combat sys
yey at last some 411 sooooo happy

tomblover
21-07-10, 00:47
Well, it's nonsense. The previous thread is perfectly usable. But alas, so are the rules, nonsense or not.

tranniversary119
21-07-10, 01:10
Finally they've released screens, and a very odd trailer :p. It looks really good!

StefanJ94
21-07-10, 01:19
Can't wait.
I'm so happy about this game. Hope it turns out as good as the original :D
:yah::yah:

voltz
21-07-10, 01:30
I did not see anything about this one getting a PC release. Any word if that's still coming?

edit: oops nevermind. :)

Jo269976
21-07-10, 01:31
WOW. Just wow, O__O

I absolutely love the new trailer, I haven't played the original, I haven't been able to get a hold of a copy, but I watched a full gameplay of the entire story and I loved everything about it.

I fail to see how that's a problem.

Do not resurrect a dead thread.
→ [I]Here on TombRaiderForums, we have something called the 'Three Month Bump' rule - basically, a thread is considered dead if it hasn't been posted in for three months. If you stumble upon the thread but haven't anything worthwhile to contribute (such as a comment that isn't really necessary or to respond to someone on the first page of the thread), it's best to just leave the thread alone. However, if you've something worth contributing such as news (if it's a video game thread) or another active discussion, it's all right to go ahead and continue the thread, just as long as you inform members why you're bumping it.

scremanie
21-07-10, 02:07
^ Read the last paragraph :wve:

However, if you've something worth contributing such as news (if it's a video game thread) or another active discussion, it's all right to go ahead and continue the thread, just as long as you inform members why you're bumping it.

But any way, this is so awesome :D

I loved the first, and can't wait for this :yah:

Thanks for posting :)

Although I would have to agree with Catracoth :pi:

xcrushterx
21-07-10, 02:18
^^Yeah, but there's already a new one, and it would just cause hassle and confusing by bumping up the other one unless the new one was closed by a mod.

On topic: I've never heard of this, but it sounds good :) Everyone seems to LOVE it :D

silver_wolf
21-07-10, 02:20
sweeeet, I loved the first game.

Catracoth
21-07-10, 02:29
Although I would have to agree with Catracoth :pi:

Beaten to the punch :p.

scremanie
21-07-10, 02:40
Beaten to the punch :p.

hahaha :p.

By the way, thanks for the comment on my avatar. I tried to reply to you, but failed :( :p.

Catracoth
21-07-10, 02:43
Stupid Internet :(. You're quite welcome nevertheless :).

I'm rather amazed with how Alice: MR is looking. There's been some vast improvements and the screenshots alone pique my interest in the game. I'm sure I'll pick up a used copy when they're available.

scremanie
21-07-10, 02:45
Is it PS3 exclusive?

I am having trouble understanding whether it is or not...

trlestew
21-07-10, 02:46
HIGHLY doubt that.

Catracoth
21-07-10, 02:48
Is it PS3 exclusive?

I wish. It's for PS3, Xbox 360, and PC.

scremanie
21-07-10, 02:53
I wish. It's for PS3, Xbox 360, and PC.

ah.

I just could not seem to find where it stated that :o

Jo269976
21-07-10, 03:17

I did .:wve:

If there can be seperate threads for different sub-genres or categories for games, then once a thread dies I see no problem with creating a new one to induce hype once again, an official title of the new game is going to bring in more posts than a topic that people have already went through. A new Dead Rising thread was recently made, but I didn't bat an eyelid towards linking my previous Dead Rising thread.

With such a hypothesis there wouldn't be a third Resident Evil or Silent Hill general threads :wve:

]{eith
21-07-10, 03:18
I did .:wve:

If there can be seperate threads for different sub-genres or categories for games, then once a thread dies I see no problem with creating a new one to induce hype once again, an official title of the new game is going to bring in more posts than a topic that people have already went through. A new Dead Rising thread was recently made, but I didn't bat an eyelid towards linking my previous Dead Rising thread.

With such a hypothesis there wouldn't be a third Resident Evil or Silent Hill general threads :wve:

Hi Jo.

:wve:

Catracoth
21-07-10, 03:24
I'm glad the forum is run by who it is currently. Anyone else, and TRF would run amok with the mindsets some people seem to have :p.

TombRaiderFan.
21-07-10, 05:17
aaaah! It won't load! :hea::hea:

*kicks computer*

Edit: Ok it loaded! I'm not really a big fan of the blood coming out of her mouth O_O

HOWEVER, the screenshots are so sexy! :jmp:

moodydog
21-07-10, 09:43
OMG!

the new trailer! :cln: :cln: :cln:

Nemo_91
21-07-10, 10:21
It looks so good. Can't wait for this. The original is one of my favourite games ever.

Jo269976
21-07-10, 12:03
I really hope this doesn't follow Tim Burton's motive, and this becomes Mad Hatter in Wonderland. I'm loving Alice's new design, ***** looks fierce.

{eith;4762060']Hi Jo.

Hi Keith.

http://**********************************/images/e/e3/Awesomebuu.png

moodydog
21-07-10, 16:11
I really hope this doesn't follow Tim Burton's motive, and this becomes Mad Hatter in Wonderland. I'm loving Alice's new design, ***** looks fierce.

]

haha, its the follow up from american mcgees alice, and considering that, Tim Burtons alice and American mcgees Alice are from different planets :D

Jo269976
21-07-10, 16:54
haha, its the follow up from american mcgees alice, and considering that, Tim Burtons alice and American mcgees Alice are from different planets :D

Oh I know, but all I meant was that Tim Burton didn't put the full focus on the central protagonist.

Isaac
21-07-10, 17:37
What surprises me though, it's the fact that one month ago it was the E3 and we heard nothing about Alice... And now, all of a sudden, in the middle of July, we start having informations...

And I can't say I'm impressed with the storyline revealed so far... I read the information we have and all I see is : More of the same with better graphics. Alice goes back to Wonderland because of mental issues... Again? So all we've been through in the first game to save her mind meant nothing?

Alex Fly
21-07-10, 18:08
I've discovered the first screenshots this morning. I was so excited ! Can't wait for the game ! :D

Catracoth
21-07-10, 18:17
And I can't say I'm impressed with the storyline revealed so far... I read the information we have and all I see is : More of the same with better graphics. Alice goes back to Wonderland because of mental issues... Again? So all we've been through in the first game to save her mind meant nothing?

I'm sure there's more to it than that.

BoyTRaider
21-07-10, 18:23
I've never played the first one and this is looking very interesting to me.

Should I give it a go? :D

moodydog
21-07-10, 18:52
Oh I know, but all I meant was that Tim Burton didn't put the full focus on the central protagonist.

oh i see, no i think this mainly focus on Alice, plus the mad hatter will be the antagonist if it follows Ameri'Mc'Al.

Nemo_91
21-07-10, 18:57
I've never played the first one and this is looking very interesting to me.

You should. It's a weird game but that's why I love it so much.

Catracoth
21-07-10, 19:16

I think you'll enjoy it. It's disturbing and rather demonic, but a most excellent game. This reminds me, I'll need to get the full game.

_Tomb_Raider
21-07-10, 20:31

You have to...at this point this game is not so sick...but back in 2000...my god this was like....way too much sick! I mean you enter in a room full of kind and yoiu can see theire brain, and they walk around... way too creapy...you have to try it!

Billy959
21-07-10, 20:44
OMG
I'm dying,I seriously can't wait,I want to play AMA 2 more than LCGOL:jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp: :jmp::jmp:

danraid
21-07-10, 21:19
WOW:yik: I didn't even realize they already released screenshots!! WANNA!!!!:cln:

Also on consoles!!!! This is a perfect end of my day :D

Billy959
21-07-10, 22:04

I agree,even the cover artwork has the mad hatter's face!
c'mon is ''alice in wonderland'' not ''mad hatter in the world he has always been'':p

WSOwen02
21-07-10, 22:42
They really should do a port of the first one and put it on PSN/XBLA

WCookie
21-07-10, 23:30
I hope this time the banshees aren't as annoying as they were in the first game, I felt like throwing them a baseball bat! :mad:

Tonyrobinson
22-07-10, 15:36
This is sooo cool! I love her blood puking!

Anyone notice how all of the wonderland inhabitants are behind her in the trailer. :D

The "Alice, what have you done" line makes me think in the end this'll be all in her head and she'll go on a murdering spree thinking people are monsters.

M.A.
22-07-10, 16:13
Hmm... her skirt need more fluff... too stiff looking right now...

Billy959
22-07-10, 20:07
http://www.ea.com/news/ea-announces-alice-madness-returns

it will be avaible for PS3,XBOX360 and PC
at least these are the main plataforms:jmp:

Catracoth
22-07-10, 20:10
That was posted long ago :ton:.

NRO.
22-07-10, 20:15
It's a good thing I found out that this is based on whole another 'Alice', Holy hell that trailer freaked me out.

Catracoth
22-07-10, 20:17
I originally thought her eyes were going to shoot open and look twisted - I did not expect the fountain of blood.

TRexbait
22-07-10, 20:26
The game's website is up.
alicemadnessreturns.com

The trailer is in better quality there and the game info is a bit different.

Eleven years ago a horrific fire took Alice’s family from her and left her terribly burned—and her mind terribly scarred. Afterwards she was confined to Rutledge Asylum, struggling to come to terms with her demons by slipping into her fantasy world of Wonderland. Now, after ten years, she has finally secured her release--yet she still bears the heavy psychological burden of that tragic event.

In Alice: Madness Returns, Alice is released from the asylum to a London psychiatrist’s care. As nightmarish hallucinations continue to haunt her and invade her reality, she seeks to understand her torment in order to recover herself. Her mind in tatters, she is unable to resolve the fear and neuroses prompted by her strange memories, dreams, and visions. Her relocation to London seems only to add to their number and intensity.

Perhaps she’ll do better in Wonderland. She always has. She travels there, seeking what the “real” world can’t provide: security, knowledge, and the truth about the past. But in her absence, Wonderland too has suffered. Something has gone horribly wrong, and now a great evil is descending upon what once was her beautiful refuge.

Can Alice save Wonderland—and herself—from the madness that consumes them both?

Can't wait! :jmp:

Isaac
22-07-10, 20:42
It confirms what I said : More of the same.

Don't take me wrong, I love American McGee Alice, I still play it from time to time... But from what I see, all the trouble we went through in the first game to save Alice from her own demons meant nothing. We all saw her leaving the Asylum happily like if she was saved... Yet she's still tormented? lol.

All of this because of her black cat.

Tonyrobinson
22-07-10, 20:47
She must have a very temperate Pussy!

NRO.
22-07-10, 20:49

Oh god :vlol:

Catracoth
22-07-10, 20:59
The game's website is up.
alicemadnessreturns.com

It's been up: http://www.ea.com/alice :)

Carbonek_0051
23-07-10, 00:19
Interview with American McGee & the Executive Producer:

LaW7DmxLLS4

trXD
23-07-10, 00:54
Eleven years ago a horrific fire took Alice’s family from her and left her terribly burned—and her mind terribly scarred. Afterwards she was confined to Rutledge Asylum, struggling to come to terms with her demons by slipping into her fantasy world of Wonderland. Now, after ten years, she has finally secured her release--yet she still bears the heavy psychological burden of that tragic event.

In Alice: Madness Returns, Alice is released from the asylum to a London psychiatrist’s care. As nightmarish hallucinations continue to haunt her and invade her reality, she seeks to understand her torment in order to recover herself. Her mind in tatters, she is unable to resolve the fear and neuroses prompted by her strange memories, dreams, and visions. Her relocation to London seems only to add to their number and intensity.

Perhaps she’ll do better in Wonderland. She always has. She travels there, seeking what the “real” world can’t provide: security, knowledge, and the truth about the past. But in her absence, Wonderland too has suffered. Something has gone horribly wrong, and now a great evil is descending upon what once was her beautiful refuge.

Can Alice save Wonderland—and herself—from the madness that consumes them both?
Um, Deja vu?

silver_wolf
23-07-10, 01:16
:vlol:

BoyTRaider
23-07-10, 03:07
You should. It's a weird game but that's why I love it so much.

I think you'll enjoy it. It's disturbing and rather demonic, but a most excellent game. This reminds me, I'll need to get the full game.

You have to...at this point this game is not so sick...but back in 2000...my god this was like....way too much sick! I mean you enter in a room full of kind and yoiu can see theire brain, and they walk around... way too creapy...you have to try it!

Alright, all of you convinced me! I'm set to try it! :D

WSOwen02
23-07-10, 04:10
Anyone know where you can find it?

Nemo_91
23-07-10, 10:37

Amazon?

Catracoth
23-07-10, 10:52

Amazon, eBay, GameStop, Wal-Mart...any store that sells video games, I'd imagine. I see the original Alice game everywhere.

Jo269976
23-07-10, 12:01
Seeing as this is the place to house everything American McGee's Alice.

I managed to get a hold of the first game, and despite seeing the thing in it's entirety through youtube videos, it holds nothing in comparison to playing it first hand, I absolutely love the art style, the characterisation...just everything about it. I'm not too far in, about halfway through The Skool, but I've always wanted to experience a twisted Wonderland, and here it is! :D

I so can't wait for the sequel, and I haven't even beat the first game yet.

Nemo_91
23-07-10, 12:09
Damn, I want to replay it. Like now.

The music is wicked as well.

NoqXARggcn0

tomblover
23-07-10, 16:36
Amazon, eBay, GameStop, Wal-Mart...any store that sells video games, I'd imagine. I see the original Alice game everywhere. On the contrary, the most evidence I've found of a disk version ever existing over here was an ad on the back of an old PC game called Shogun: Total War. :vlol:

Needless to say I don't have the original game, but thanks to the wonders of the internet... Still haven't finished the game, though...

(Before anyone jumps me, I have no ability to order stuff online if it has to be imported. You gotta do what you gotta do.)

Quasimodo
23-07-10, 17:12
Amazon, eBay, GameStop, Wal-Mart...any store that sells video games, I'd imagine. I see the original Alice game everywhere.

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for it next time I go to Walls Mart. Seems like loads of people want to try the original now, too, because it's at least as expensive as a shiny new PS3 release online.

Carbonek_0051
23-07-10, 17:16
Seeing as this is the place to house everything American McGee's Alice.

I managed to get a hold of the first game, and despite seeing the thing in it's entirety through youtube videos, it holds nothing in comparison to playing it first hand, I absolutely love the art style, the characterisation...just everything about it. I'm not too far in, about halfway through The Skool, but I've always wanted to experience a twisted Wonderland, and here it is! :D

I so can't wait for the sequel, and I haven't even beat the first game yet.

I'm at the same part, I really like the game but it's so hard to control without a mouse. xD

]{eith
23-07-10, 17:18
I finished it this morning. It's a really good game. Love the atmosphere, the plot. It's a bit simplistic and straightforward gameplay wise but I bet the next game is going to be something fantastic.

Catracoth
23-07-10, 17:47
On the contrary, the most evidence I've found of a disk version ever existing over here was an ad on the back of an old PC game called Shogun: Total War. :vlol:

Good Lord :p!

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for it next time I go to Walls Mart. Seems like loads of people want to try the original now, too, because it's at least as expensive as a shiny new PS3 release online.

I wish I could zap you over to my neck of the woods, Heather. There's two Wal-Marts in the area and both of them have an inventory of Alice games.

noonbob
23-07-10, 17:49
this game looks really cool :D!!! EVIL ALICE ! :jmp: ;)

Billy959
23-07-10, 20:30
I wish I could buy the original alice game!
I've never seen one of it in a single store:(

Tonyrobinson
24-07-10, 01:16
Hehe I bought it for £4.99 not so long ago and it was like £200 online! :D

But hey it's cheap on www.play.com

moodydog
27-07-10, 20:53
alice... what have you done

Billy959
29-07-10, 21:02
have you seen this?:confused:
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2681/screenshot20100728at419.jpg
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/2681/screenshot20100728at419.jpg

Tonyrobinson
29-07-10, 21:05
Nice!

TRexbait
29-07-10, 21:06
I love what they did to the Pool of Tears (just hope they redesigned fighting to make it less of a, well NIGHTMARE)

The second one is the Queen of Heats' castle? I don't see the tentacles, so I'm not sure.

I'm liking what they're doing so far. :jmp:

t-raider26
29-07-10, 21:17
Are those like actual in game screenshots?! :yik:

TRexbait
29-07-10, 21:51
Madness Returns made the cover of Wired.
Here's the article.
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/07/alice-madness-returns/

t-raider26
29-07-10, 22:22
Madness Returns made the cover of Wired.
Here's the article.
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/07/alice-madness-returns/

I hope those screens are in-game and not cutscenes. I like how her hair actually moves. It always ****es me of when, in games, the character's hair is completely immobile...

TombRaiderFan.
30-07-10, 01:13

:vlol:

Damn, I want to replay it. Like now.

The music is wicked as well.

NoqXARggcn0

I hope they get the same guy that made the music the first time. Venna something...I don't remember.

A good soundtrack is a must for this game.

I'm mostly impressed with all the physics that her clothing and hair has!

Alice's model makes TRU Lara's model look like absolute crap. Just compare Alice's hair to Lara's ugly ponytail.

If that's what Alice will look in-game, then I'm really happy she's not ugly. I was affraid they would make her extremely ugly for some reason. :o

danraid
30-07-10, 14:15
^^These screens are beautiful! This is official my most anticipated game of 2011 at the moment!

Nemo_91
30-07-10, 14:18
I hope they get the same guy that made the music the first time. Venna something...I don't remember.

A good soundtrack is a must for this game.

Chris Vrenna :D And I agree.

Billy959
30-07-10, 14:19
I'm mostly impressed with all the physics that her clothing and hair has!

Alice's model makes TRU Lara's model look like absolute crap. Just compare Alice's hair to Lara's ugly ponytail.

If that's what Alice will look in-game, then I'm really happy she's not ugly. I was affraid they would make her extremely ugly for some reason. :o

THIS!
I just hope pool of tears have a rainy atmosphere,not a sunny one like in the screenshot:D

TombRaiderFan.
30-07-10, 22:29
Mhm. In the original game that level was cloudy and rainy. It helped set the mood; I hope they change it. If they don't I won't be too sad though, because it looks amazing either way. :)

moodydog
30-07-10, 22:49

:cln:

xXhayleyroxXx
31-07-10, 21:11
wowzas :cln: I've never played the original but this looks good!

TombRaiderFan.
31-07-10, 23:57
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4141/4815331277_a68966b85c_b.jpg

larafan25
01-08-10, 00:02
^Is that ingame!? D:

So pretty.:D

TippingWater
01-08-10, 00:03
I really like her hair ! :tmb:

t-raider26
01-08-10, 00:14
Me too :jmp:

TombRaiderFan.
01-08-10, 00:17
http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/1065206874/twr.jpg

First look at the bunny :D

I found this (http://www.americanmcgee.com/forum/index.php?topic=1995.0) thread in their forums. Can anyone figure out which carpenter they are talking about? Apparently there's a new character with red hair.\

Edit: I just figured out which picture they're talking about. :)

http://a3.twimg.com/profile_background_images/124757677/Alice_TWITTER.jpg

StefanJ94
01-08-10, 00:27
http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/1065206874/twr.jpg

First look at the bunny :D

I found this (http://www.americanmcgee.com/forum/index.php?topic=1995.0) thread in their forums. Can anyone figure out which carpenter they are talking about? Apparently there's a new character with red hair.
My gosh, the bunny looks so cute but yet so disturbing :)
I hope this game tol be as good as the first one :tmb:

tranniversary119
01-08-10, 02:12
The graphics and character model of Alice are stunning!

Billy959
01-08-10, 02:14
I saw the white rabiit on their twitter page!
I was going to post,but lazy consumed me:p

about the carpenter,I hope he's not the only new character!
I wanna see humpty dumpty as part of the story:jmp::jmp::jmp:

Poke Warrior
01-08-10, 02:19
I have never heard of this game in my life...
But It looks sooooo COOL! :D

-DaNnEe..
01-08-10, 02:40
I haven't played the first but I've always wanted to. I'll definitely be getting the second one once it comes out. :D

Alex Fly
01-08-10, 09:52
Wow the rabbit looks great ! :)

Nemo_91
01-08-10, 09:54

Oh, it looks so pretty!

Rabbit looks awesome :tmb:

GenyaArikado
01-08-10, 12:10

Her model is ugly (to me) but it has good textures and lighting, which makes her (and her surroundings) look stunning

Jolf
01-08-10, 12:23
I saw the white rabiit on their twitter page!
I was going to post,but lazy consumed me:p

about the carpenter,I hope he's not the only new character!
I wanna see humpty dumpty as part of the story:jmp::jmp::jmp:

Ooh, I remember seeing him sitting in a corner in some level:D I can't remember where though... anyway It'd be awesome if he was a part of the story!

TRexbait
01-08-10, 14:05
Ooh, I remember seeing him sitting in a corner in some level:D I can't remember where though... anyway It'd be awesome if he was a part of the story!
It was Caterpillars Plot revisited. It was that area, though I'm not sure of the name. It was after *spoiler* you defeat the Jabberwock *spoiler*.

And I agree with GenyaArikado, Alice looks uglier in this game, her face is too round.

danraid
01-08-10, 14:15
It really surprise me how bright and colorful everything looks compared to the first game. I hope not everything is this 'happy' (sort of liked the depressing feel of the first game)

TRexbait
01-08-10, 14:21
It really surprise me how bright and colorful everything looks compared to the first game. I hope not everything is this 'happy' (sort of liked the depressing feel of the first game)Well, I was thinking something along the lines of "it has to start off light to get dark" but I don't want it to be all cheery during everything.

Apparently Alice was in GamePro recently and the article had a fair amount of new info. Would anybody who has it (if anybody, hopefully) mind posting some scans?

Carbonek_0051
01-08-10, 14:23
I don't understand the logic of, colorful = cheery. Wonderland can be really colorful, and ****ed up at the same time. As much as I am loving the first game, the lack of color is something I didn't like.

Alex Fly
01-08-10, 14:30
Apparently Alice was in GamePro recently and the article had a fair amount of new info. Would anybody who has it (if anybody, hopefully) mind posting some scans?
Wow, great cover :

http://i26.************/142ygc6.jpg

:tmb:

Hope someone who have bought it will share some scans with us as well...

danraid
01-08-10, 14:45
I don't understand the logic of, colorful = cheery. Wonderland can be really colorful, and ****ed up at the same time. As much as I am loving the first game, the lack of color is something I didn't like.

I guess your right. Of course I don't mind colorful places but it's just that the first had almost none. As long as it's ***ed up i'm happy :)

Nemo_91
01-08-10, 14:52

Agree 100%. :tmb:

dizzydoil
01-08-10, 14:53
Apparently Alice can "be able to vanish in/out as a cloud of butterflies and materialize herself again a short distance away."

http://i30.************/1zv4f0j.jpg

... do you think she just materialized? :cln:

Billy959
01-08-10, 22:37
I think it will work as the bug she ate and made har move faster in the first game,not a power she will have all the game!

Tonyrobinson
01-08-10, 22:43
I would love a rooftops of London level. Imagine jumping from Victorian gothic buildings on a stormy night. :D

TRexbait
02-08-10, 01:29
Well, somebody at the American McGee forums got the magazine, but can't post scans on the forum itself.
This is what he/she posted instead of the scans, summarizing the article and providing some input.

A new Toy
The Vorpal Blade returns as your primary weapon, the combat apparently heavily inspired by Legend Of Zelda. However, there is another weapon that is used in the demo that was shown. A Pepper Grinder that functions a s a sort of cannon is described as a rather powerful weapon. Perhaps this means we get to see the Duchess again, this time gain her Grinder as a prize for her Defeat.

Speaking of Fighting, Alice had two defense moves to be spoken of. The first is the butterfly move we have been told about, the other, she can shrink down, avoid attack, and then grow back to her her normal size. This was demonstrated as she fought off card gurds, tho another enemy was described. Black slime things that represent Alice's fears. Also, the Executioner Card Guard who is invincible and stalks you through the rotted meat and crumbling Queensland, where, i might add, the queen is heard, demanding Alice me chopped into pieces. There is also a giant chess piece that is part of a puzzle were i suppose you have to move it.

Also, a collection system has been introduced to game play. You have to collect memory fragment that will reveal what truly happened the night of the fire that killed Alice's family.

One other mechanic that returns from the first game is Alice using her dress as a parachute to fly about.

]{eith
02-08-10, 01:36
I love the screens. This game looks like it's set to be very darkly beautiful which is perfect.

GenyaArikado
02-08-10, 17:21
So she is gonna use the butterflies a la Bayonetta, lovely

Tonyrobinson
02-08-10, 21:06
Indeed it is wonderful. :D

larson n natla
02-08-10, 21:39
Oh a new game that has colour for 2010 I am loving the move from drab to vibrant the concept is fantastic too!

TRexbait
03-08-10, 01:44
Uhmm. Guys. You may want to check AmericanMcGee.com

At long last, the media blackout has ended and we are finally able to talk about the greatness that is Alice: Madness Returns (http://alicemadnessreturns.com/). Except… we’re not really going to talk very much about it just yet.
You see, there is still a pretty good span of time between now and the launch date. There are still levels to be built, testing to be done, and tons more things to do. (Yes, that means the vague rumors of its completion are false. Sorry, Charlie.) To tide you over until the Big Day, we have lots of events you can take part in.
For instance, if you happened to be on our forum (http://www.americanmcgee.com/forum/) this past week, and your registration included the option to receive newsletters from the administrators of the forum, you would have been one of the first to get a special clue – a riddle, if you will – that promises to take you on an enormously fun ride even before the launch date.
And by “fun”, we mean “mind-bending”, “challenging”, “frustrating”, and “immensely rewarding in both a personal and material sense”.
If you know what we mean. >wink<
Your best course of action is to make sure that you are following both American (http://twitter.com/americanmcgee) and the White Rabbit (http://twitter.com/thewhiterabbit) on Twitter, that you’re signed up on and properly have Liked the Facebook pages (listed to the left), that you have registered on the forum (of course), and also that you know who you’re dealing with. (Yes, that’s a Hint.) Know your story well, and you may just come out a head.
Check back regularly with our snazzy new format to find out the latest. You never know what you might find here that you won’t find anywhere else.
Now, the weird part is, when I typed in the words in the quotation marks into google, i got shutupanddance.com/american. Which I find very weird.

EDIT: Also, the shutupanddance site has a photo which the americanmcgee.com site didn't? I'm slightly interested...

ECB
06-08-10, 19:31
I can't wait to see gameplay trailers! The graphics are okay, but the colors are awesome adn very vivid! I can't wait for it! :jmp:

AmericanAssassin
06-08-10, 20:31
Oh. My. God. I have chills right now. Those screenshots are amazing. I can't freaking wait! :mis:

tranniversary119
15-09-10, 13:03
IGN added a new teaser trailer (http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/09/15/alice-madness-returns-tgs-teaser-trailer) :tmb:

Jo269976
15-09-10, 13:12
It looks amazing! :D

Nemo_91
15-09-10, 13:15
Looks awesome!

dizzydoil
15-09-10, 13:17
*changes undies and picks up jaw*

Braider
15-09-10, 15:37
WOW! this looks amazin!!

I loved the first game, but this one looks darker.

Is there any news as to when it will be released?

]{eith
15-09-10, 16:13
Holy ****balls!

AmericanAssassin
15-09-10, 16:19
:eek:

My, God, me want want want! :jmp:

GenyaArikado
15-09-10, 17:51
That was the queen?

Peanut
15-09-10, 18:10
:eek:
I like that, I like it a lot. Alice looks beautiful! :cln:

herothing
15-09-10, 18:18
Can't wait for this!! :p
Thanks for posting :)

kimonap
15-09-10, 19:38
Damn ive never played this game ..but i m in love with this trailer...its like a new tim burton movie.... the first seconds remind me so much of corpse bride !:D:cln:

t-raider26
15-09-10, 20:04
O.M.F.G. 0____________________o

tranniversary119
15-09-10, 20:18
IGN have also added a preview (http://pc.ign.com/articles/112/1120722p1.html) of the demo they saw [No Video]
It's been 10 years since American McGee's Alice was released on the PC, but now it's finally getting a sequel. Announced for the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC back in July, Alice Madness Returns was present at EA's Tokyo Game Show showcase and we actually got to see some of the game.

Madness Returns follows the events of the previous title but since it's been ten years here's a refresher: Alice's entire family is killed in a horrific fire and she's driven mad by the tragic loss. Ten years after checking into an insane asylum for treatment she then tumbles down the rabbit hole into Wonderland, which becomes even more twisted due to her mental state. Distressed by the condition it's in, she sets out to save Wonderland and herself.

In the sequel, Alice is back in London, released from the asylum under a psychiatrist's care. A year has passed, but she's not doing much better, and neither is Wonderland. The demo began with a plain-Jane Alice on a rooftop in London. The city's landscape reflected the dark tone of the game as the buildings were plagued by a monotone color palate and slightly twisted architecture. A few short moments later the heroine was falling into Wonderland as a transformed version of herself with brighter green eyes and longer hair. McGee explained in the presentation that Alice can be an "idealized version of herself" in Wonderland, so she's more beautiful and stronger there than in the real world.

The dreary cityscape of London is a stark contrast to the vibrant delusions of Wonderland. From a lush jungle decorated with dominoes, dice and jacks to an industrial factory overflowing with lava, it's clear that a lot of effort has been put into creating every section of Wonderland. You'll traverse each area with relatively simple platforming until you stumble across an enemy. Alice still wields her trusty Vorpal blade in the sequel, but a pepper grinder, teapot and hobby horse are also added to her arsenal. The idea is that every enemy is its own puzzle and you need to determine their weak points so you can destroy them. The example I saw was a bunch of homicidal teapots that infested the factory level. Like a strange miniature tank, the teapots were taken down with a mixture of ranged (the pepper grinder functions as a machine gun) and close-up (with the Vorpal blade) fighting that was aimed at a glowing red eye in the center of its body.

Apart from fighting, Alice also has other abilities she can acquire in Wonderland. During the demo Alice ran across a giant version of the iconic "Drink Me" bottle that was forming a pool of purple liquid in the forest. As we all know at this point, Alice can't resist following directions, so she gulps down some of the concoction and shrinks. This obviously unlocks the shrinking ability, which is useful when Alice needs to journey through tiny tunnels.

It's far too early to pass any sort of judgment, but I did leave the presentation more impressed with the art style than anything else. Still, the fantastic visuals are a good enough reason to keep an eye on Alice Madness Returns. You can expect to return to Wonderland sometime in 2011.
They don't say much about the gameplay itself, rather the graphics+art style. But the game doesn't come out until next December, so they have plenty of time to polish things!

Billy959
15-09-10, 21:06
I can't find my jaw:(

the new pics looks so stunnig

WSOwen02
15-09-10, 22:05
That trailer is CG. The game won't look like that.

Billy959
15-09-10, 23:15
I meant the new screenshots and concepts¬¬

DgoOdz94
16-09-10, 22:51
The new images are hawt!!!!! :cln: Can't wait for this.

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2010/257/958269_20100916_790screen001.jpg

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2010/257/958269_20100916_790screen004.jpg

Rachie737
17-09-10, 08:56
I'm so glad to have Alice back, and madder than ever. This is the happiest news I've heard in a long while. Definitely added to my must-buy list. :D

Those screens are beautiful. Alice and Wonderland alike look gorgeous. I can't wait to see what hell her mind's been up to since the last game. :jmp:

Tonyrobinson
19-09-10, 21:06
I hope the Queen returns judging from the trailer! :D

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/09/500x_alice-vorpal-bladescreen.jpg

DgoOdz94
19-09-10, 21:09
I'm so glad to have Alice back, and madder than ever. This is the happiest news I've heard in a long while. Definitely added to my must-buy list. :D

Those screens are beautiful. Alice and Wonderland alike look gorgeous. I can't wait to see what hell her mind's been up to since the last game. :jmp:
Me neither. Madness here I come!

Most likely yes! And I wonder if she'll get a makeover or will still be as disturbing as the last game.

EDIT:
FjWoZPF_ayw

Rachie737
25-09-10, 01:58
"As you move through the game you're never going to see the same enemies twice."

Intriguing! So we won't be assaulted by Banshees every two steps then? :D

And 2011 release - that's a lot sooner than I expected. Yes! :jmp:Thanks for the video.

]{eith
25-09-10, 10:06
Intriguing! So we won't be assaulted by Banshees every two steps then? :D

That's the best news ever. I can still hear those little *******s screaming.

AshesBorn
25-09-10, 10:15

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/09/500x_alice-vorpal-bladescreen.jpg

Her face reminds me of Amy Lee (Evanescence) A LOT.

Carbonek_0051
25-09-10, 10:17
{eith;4911469']That's the best news ever. I can still hear those little *******s screaming.
I know right? xD

jackali
25-09-10, 11:30
I want this game. It looks good!

It's been too long since the first one. :(

tomblover
25-09-10, 12:42
{eith;4911469']I can still hear those little *******s screaming. Ditto. x_x

TombRaiderFan.
25-09-10, 19:36
{eith;4911469']That's the best news ever. I can still hear those little *******s screaming.

I thought they were cute. :pi:

Actually they were super scary to me when I was a kid haha. :p

Rachie737
25-09-10, 23:11

They were supposed to symbolize the screams of her parents in the fire, right? Or something equally disturbing?

I thought they were cute. :pi:

Actually they were super scary to me when I was a kid haha. :p

To me they so weren't scary, just absolutely annoying. They kept knocking me off platforms and making me reload. :hea: So it's nice to know they may not be making a return. Or they are, but only for one level. :D

Billy959
25-09-10, 23:39
Spoiler alert!
Gameplay video !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmkpDpiqZRA

Wonderland looks way too happy compared to the first game

robbie_rawr
25-09-10, 23:48
Spoiler alert!
Gameplay video !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omgomgomg!! Hope I can play it!

tomblover
25-09-10, 23:48
/ORGASM. :cln:

Billy959
25-09-10, 23:55
and:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/XMaliciousXMiseryX/Alice8.jpg
http://alicefans.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/08.jpg
http://alicefans.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/24eqkqa.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/XMaliciousXMiseryX/alice1-1.jpg

Tear
25-09-10, 23:58
This game looks damn cool.:D

tomblover
25-09-10, 23:58
Alice is so hot/awesome, the surroundings are epic and beautiful, and Cheshire is freaky in a "scary black man"-way! XD

Wait, WTF. Where'd the hatter come from?

Rachie737
26-09-10, 02:45
Have you guys seen this trailer yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJCjeo0XmJc&feature=related

Whoah. :eek:

TombRaiderFan.
26-09-10, 08:13
^ Ya, that's old news haha. :p

AshesBorn
26-09-10, 08:18
The demo (from what we've seen in the video) looks buggy and unfinished. But they have plenty of time to polish the game, so I'm not really worried about that. I'm sure it's going to be fantastic. Can't wait.

dizzydoil
26-09-10, 09:16
http://alicefans.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/24eqkqa.jpg

Beauty itself. :cln:

Billy959
26-09-10, 13:41
THIS!
apparentely there`s a london gameplay on the net,but I couldn`t find it :(

Nemo_91
26-09-10, 13:52
It looks fantastic! :cln:

DgoOdz94
27-09-10, 21:21
Spoiler alert!

EPICNESS!

And I thought they said that wonderland is like OK at first but then it starts to change back into the messed up one.

Isaac
28-09-10, 03:27
Well... We saved Wonderland at the end of the first game, it would be weird if it was messed up directly at the begining of the game.

star-dust
28-09-10, 04:39
I never played the first game... but I did see someone who had it play once and I remember it kind of scaring me. But this is really sparking my interest!

Billy959
28-09-10, 21:47
Well... We saved Wonderland at the end of the first game, it would be weird if it was messed up directly at the begining of the game.

Oh yeah,I forgot about that:p
here's a article about gameplay:
http://gameaxis.com/back-to-wonderland-with-alice-madness-returns/

Billy959
12-11-10, 23:09
new concept art!
http://www.americanmcgee.com/downloadable-goodies/

Atlantisfreak
12-11-10, 23:13
the cake looks yummi:cln:

Billy959
12-11-10, 23:15
I know right:cln:
But I hope they stick to the concept art(example the distorced house one)
because in some game the concept art looks cooler then actually ingame!
*cough*tomb raider*cough*

Atlantisfreak
12-11-10, 23:17
yeah, the tomb raider underworld launch trailer looked much better and way more "epic" than the actuall game:p But yeah, It would be pretty cool to walk around in the house and it actually looks like in the concept art:D

dizzydoil
12-11-10, 23:18
Oh, cool, some new sexy desktop wallpaper goodness there <3

Alex Fly
13-11-10, 10:28
new concept art!
http://www.americanmcgee.com/downloadable-goodies/
Thanks for posting ! :)

TRexbait
30-11-10, 02:44
There's some new art. And if you go to American's site, you can find a way to actually buy some artwork that's "museum quality"
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-45821769787841_2134_2573727
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-45821769787841_2134_3045507
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-45821769787841_2134_4324617
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-45821769787841_2134_3419651

King.Louie
30-11-10, 04:49
There's some new art. And if you go to American's site, you can find a way to actually buy some artwork that's "museum quality"

omg sooo epic

Billy959
30-11-10, 13:45
I think 'metal coils' will be the box art

Horus-Goddess
01-12-10, 18:17
I heard about this being in the works quite some time ago, I'm so glad to see it is finally coming around! I didn't actually play the original until 2007 lol... When it came out my parents wouldn't let me play it and when I was old enough I forgot about it for a long time. First time through I really fell in love with it, it's really what a dark Alice should be. I heard they were going to make a film based off American McGee's but I'm not sure if that's still actually going to happen if it was at all in the first place.

Anyway, I'm really excited for the next game, it ought to be absolutely stunning with today's graphics! Even though I still really love the visuals of the original too, no matter how old it was lol. The artwork is just brilliant, I love it. :D

Billy959
01-12-10, 21:06
I love it too!
is very atmospheric!
and i think the movie was canceled :(

Nemo_91
01-12-10, 21:09

Gorgeous! I adore the first one.

Love2Raid
01-12-10, 21:17
Thanks for those pictures!! :hug:

Amazing and also very useful. XD

moodydog
20-01-11, 17:31

:cln: mouthwatering!

Rachie737
15-02-11, 09:13
There's a beautiful new teaser trailer to be had:

vC3ahoC9hmE

Enjoy. ;)

dizzydoil
15-02-11, 09:28
:eek: INCREDIBLE. :jmp:

MyRaider4Life
15-02-11, 09:38
jajajajajaja.

That was kinda awesome. :cln:

!Lara Croft!
15-02-11, 10:55
There's a beautiful new teaser trailer to be had:

vC3ahoC9hmE

Enjoy. ;)

:yik:

I love this game...just wish her hair was blonde again though...

http://www.usask.ca/communications/ocn/07-may-18/images/alice-flamingo.jpg

!Lara Croft!
15-02-11, 11:14
EDIT: Whoops, double post.

King.Louie
15-02-11, 16:47
that teaser is the best out of all of them :D cant wait for this game

Billy959
15-02-11, 22:13
I LOVE THIS TEASER!
I just don`t like 2 things!
hatter is mory cartoony than actually scary and her faca at the end was horrible!

BUT OVERALL IS THE BEST TEASER!:jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp:

Rachie737
16-02-11, 22:54
:yik:

I love this game...just wish her hair was blonde again though...

Blonde again? Her hair was never blonde, other than Disney's interpretation (and that crap of Burton's). I'm so glad they're sticking to the true original version.

I have to say, Wonderland is looking beautifully stunning, and then horribly hellish. :D So excited for this game.

Horus-Goddess
16-02-11, 23:17
Blonde again? Her hair was never blonde, other than Disney's interpretation (and that crap of Burton's). I'm so glad they're sticking to the true original version.

I definitely agree... I am not a huge fan of Disney or Burton's interpretation. I definitely hated Burton's most though lol...

I really loved the original Alice game by American Mcgee so I'm really looking forward to this! I'm a little late to the party but, is there an expected release date yet?

Dustie
16-02-11, 23:40

That didn't come from Disney. Alice was portrayed as a long-haired blonde girl ever since the first publication with illustrations by John Tenniel, who was asked to illustrate the book by Lewis Carroll. There was always speculation about whether or not Alice is based on real-life Alice Liddell (one of the girls who Carroll first told the Alice story to), who indeed had dark hair, which might be the source of the idea of a 'brunette' Alice in American McGee's vision.

Either that, or McGee made her hair dark simply to complete her 'goth' look, which wouldn't be convincing if she had blonde hair.

Rachie737
16-02-11, 23:45
I'm a little late to the party but, is there an expected release date yet?

No official release date is confirmed, but it is planned to be a 2011 (the ultimate year of gaming) release.

EDIT: @Dustie, I knew about Alice Liddell, but I didn't know about those illustrations. Then again, it would have cost and used a lot more ink to have filled out the dark hair for each picture.

And yes, a blonde, gothic, dagger-weilding Alice doesn't come across as a particularly menacing or realistic either. :D

Love2Raid
17-02-11, 00:56
What happened to her outfit?! :yik:

TRexbait
17-02-11, 01:29
Spicy horse has said that the trailer was rendered by a cg company, not them, so the appearances of characters are not going to be exactly like those of the trailer

Isaac
17-02-11, 01:29
^ I hope so, because I hate the Mad Hatter's new look.

Love2Raid
17-02-11, 01:32
Spicy horse has said that the trailer was rendered by a cg company, not them, so the appearances of characters are not going to be exactly like those of the trailer
Thanks, good to know. :D

She looks cute, but I think her look is just 'trying too hard to be punk'. I prefer the more authentic style like in the pictures that you posted earlier. :)

TRexbait
17-02-11, 01:32
A screen of him was posted a while back. He looks nothing like in the trailer.
I recommend checking out americanmcgee.com the recent posts there provide links to different articles (the msnbc one is the original source of the trailer, andas thus has a few new screens.

http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/02/14/6029073-madness-through-a-looking-glass
That's the one

Rachie737
17-02-11, 01:47
http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/02/14/6029073-madness-through-a-looking-glass
That's the one

What's with the new outfit Alice is wearing in some of those screens? :eek: It looks gorgeous.

It's like she wears her normal blue dress during beautiful, luscious Wonderland, and the red dress during Hellish Wonderland. Perhaps there will be switches between the two, or it may be a change that occurs in the game as the story reaches more of a climax.

TRexbait
17-02-11, 02:04
I heard on American McGee's forums that you can earn new dresses (possibly while collecting teeth, it's been confirmed that Alice will be collecting teeth, which can be used to buy weapon upgrades and the sorts).

You weren't the only to suggest that, and I personally think a motif like that would add a lot to the psychoanalytical aspect of the game (which was so much fun during the first game).

Billy959
17-02-11, 18:02
http://www.polls.newsvine.com/_vine/images/users/600/toddkenreck/6029163.jpg
the hair physics in this game is the best one I've ever seen!

BTW:
here's the cover of the art of alice madness returns!
at least it looks oficial to me!
http://i.imgur.com/jSajt.jpg

NOT THE GAME COVER

I wanna buy it!

Dustie
17-02-11, 22:02
EDIT: @Dustie, I knew about Alice Liddell, but I didn't know about those illustrations. Then again, it would have cost and used a lot more ink to have filled out the dark hair for each picture.

There doesn't seem to be evidence that Alice was meant to be a brunette, so one can't blame Disney for making her hair blonde. They might have sweetened her up, but the hair colour wasn't a part of the process, contrary to what American McGee's Alice fans seem to believe.

Carbonek_0051
17-02-11, 22:04
There doesn't seem to be evidence that Alice was meant to be a brunette, so one can't blame Disney for making her hair blonde. They might have sweetened her up, but the hair colour wasn't a part of the process, contrary to what American McGee's Alice fans seem to believe.

Exactly.

Rachie737
17-02-11, 23:32
http://i.imgur.com/jSajt.jpg

Am I the only one completely freaked out by the creepy dolls?

italibabee
18-02-11, 02:41
Just a random thought...I like the music from the trailer when it shows the name of the game...creepy and yet awesome :]

TombRaiderFan.
18-02-11, 03:58
I'm loving the quality of these trailers; they just keep getting better and better. Top notch quality. Hopefully we get to see a couple more before the game is released. :)

TRexbait
18-02-11, 04:55
I'm loving the quality of these trailers; they just keep getting better and better. Top notch quality. Hopefully we get to see a couple more before the game is released. :)
American Mcgee specified that there would be three teaser trailers. To me that means that any new trailers we see will actually have gameplay. (but there's no confirmation on that)

TombRaiderFan.
18-02-11, 08:01
^ I see. Well, I'm personally satisfied with what we've been given. Most games usually get only one good quality CG trailer and that's it. Having three is a real treat. :)

I like that it looks like EA is taking this game seriously and pouring money on the project. By the quality of the trailers you can tell they are really trying to push this game and create hype.

King.Louie
02-03-11, 23:23
Alice Madness returns finally has a release date :jmp:

http://www.gamingexcellence.com/news/3265.shtml

Gamd1011
02-03-11, 23:40

:jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp:

King.Louie
03-03-11, 00:39
thats only a couple months yay :D

Carbonek_0051
03-03-11, 02:06

Now all they need to do is show some gameplay, and then maybe I will get more excited. :p

t-raider26
03-03-11, 02:10
YAY! :D That's a lot sooner than I expected :p It kind of sucks though, because there's a new game coming out every month that I want. I'm gonna be broke :/

Alex Fly
03-03-11, 18:16
I wasn't expecting it to come that soon either ! Oh I can't wait ! :D

tranniversary119
03-03-11, 18:21
InFamous 2 AND Alice: Madness Returns in June? Yay! :D

TRexbait
05-03-11, 00:32
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1153659p1.html

Video of the demo from GDC. And a new trailer!
:jmp:

King.Louie
05-03-11, 01:23
omg it looks amazing i cant wait :D :jmp:

Catracoth
05-03-11, 01:24
Oh my word, this is going to be incredible! I so cannot wait for this title!

t-raider26
05-03-11, 01:49
I feel like the camera's a bit wonky. But other than that it looks amazing! Her hair is so good! Crystal should get some animating tips from Spicy Horse. And the gameplay looks great :D I'm so excited for this!

Catracoth
05-03-11, 01:54
I feel like the camera's a bit wonky. But other than that it looks amazing! Her hair is so good! Crystal should get some animating tips from Spicy Horse. And the gameplay looks great :D I'm so excited for this!

I noticed that as well and I agree about the animation!

King.Louie
05-03-11, 02:01
its coming along beautifully June is right around the corner ;)

Tear
05-03-11, 07:09
I want this.:mis:

Rachie737
05-03-11, 09:40
That is some beautiful hair physics! That's probably the best I've ever seen. And now I get how the whole 'dissolving into butterflies' thing works, and it looks quite effective.

And SQUISH. :D:mis:

CPETE
05-03-11, 15:10
This looks amazing. I never played the first one, but I'll definitely be getting this. I don't know why, but this kind of reminds me of the first Buffy game for XBOX. That's definitely a plus.

larafan25
05-03-11, 15:18
Looks like...fun. I want.:D

StefanJ94
05-03-11, 15:24
The new game seems to be turning out quite amazing actually. It may do the justice of the first once, however it's still early to judge. I love Alice's look, the new weapons, Wonderland, the physics in the game, the music and the graphics. I really don't have a good opinion on the super long jumps, but I can't really say it just from the demo. :D

ECB
05-03-11, 15:58
This looks amazing. I never played the first one, but I'll definitely be getting this. I don't know why, but this kind of reminds me of the first Buffy game for XBOX. That's definitely a plus.

I see what you're saying! I honestly think it's just a classic platform styled game that's much like the first Alice game. It reminds me a lot of Buffy though. I literally bought an xbox for that game haha

Fallen.Angel
05-03-11, 18:15
This does look amazing. I, too, have never played the first, but it definitely looks fun.

tomblover
05-03-11, 18:41
I can't get over how good this game seems to be.

Finally, a sequel since TR2 that surpasses the original! <3

/is amazed by Alice's hair physics/

DgoOdz94
05-03-11, 19:29
I cannot wait for this game...... :cln: June is so close yet far away.

Eddie Haskell
05-03-11, 19:58
I remember that at the time that the original came out I thought this game was not my cup of tea. However since then I have spoken to many people who thought it was a great game. So I picked up the original in the box on Ebay (cost me almost $100). I just got it in the mail and loaded it up and will post a video or two of it if you guys would like to see what the original was like.

oocladableeblah
05-03-11, 20:45
I remember that at the time that the original came out I thought this game was not my cup of tea. However since then I have spoken to many people who thought it was a great game. So I picked up the original in the box on Ebay (cost me almost $100). I just got it in the mail and loaded it up and will post a video or two of it if you guys would like to see what the original was like.

I would love the play the original first, but yeah $100... I am not gonna spend that on a game especially one that old.

I think once a game is not being sold anymore by the developer and they are not making money off of it then they should release free to download. Not like they are losing money and it might draw more people in especially with a sequel coming out. Or they should re-release it in HD or just for the newer OS as a digital download for a cheaper price or something. Even more so when it is a game like this where there is a huge gap in years between the first one and its sequel.

Though that is just my opinion on the matter.

Eddie Haskell
05-03-11, 20:54
I would love the play the original first, but yeah $100... I am not gonna spend that on a game especially one that old.

I think once a game is not being sold anymore by the developer and they are not making money off of it then they should release free to download. Not like they are losing money and it might draw more people in especially with a sequel coming out. Or they should re-release it in HD or just for the newer OS as a digital download for a cheaper price or something. Even more so when it is a game like this where there is a huge gap in years between the first one and its sequel.

Though that is just my opinion on the matter.

To be fair though, most every game that old is not worth more than it was when it was released. This one, Daggerfall, Planescape:Torment and some others are priced quite high in relation to the vast majority of the older games. I buy a lot of old games on ebay and get many (in the box and sometimes new) for less than $10.

And so far the game is very interesting, and very strange (in a good way). I am at this time uploading a video to youtube of the opening cinematic and some brief, early game play.

oocladableeblah
05-03-11, 21:00
To be fair though, most every game that old is not worth more than it was when it was released. This one, Daggerfall, Planescape:Torment and some others are priced quite high in relation to the vast majority of the older games. I buy a lot of old games on ebay and get many (in the box and sometimes new) for less than $10.

And so far the game is very interesting, and very strange (in a good way). I am at this time uploading a video to youtube of the opening cinematic and some brief, early game play.

True. And yeah I have seen older games for under $10, hell I got tr1-6 for like $0.25. It also depends on how rare the game is too. I'm sure the price will continue to go up for Alice especially with the sequel coming out.

I personally would love the play so many older games, that are just dead and long gone, and hard to find for sale. Or they just don't work on current OS systems. Like the elder scrolls games, I would love the play the first 2 just to see what they are like.

I did play the demo for the first Alice and I liked it, it was fun, I love the darkness of the game.

Youtube is always an option if you want just the story to watch someone play through the game.