PDA

View Full Version : 4GB 360 announced. HOW MUCH?!

TR FAN 18
21-07-10, 16:34
£149.99! :yik:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=256488

Seriously? Why would anyone fork out that much cash for 4GB when you can get the 250GB version for just £50 more? :confused:
Seems very pointless to me.

Carbonek_0051
21-07-10, 16:35
It's the same price as an Arcade, at least this one has some memory. :p

trlestew
21-07-10, 16:35
Lmao that is utterly pointless.
4GB as a seperate storage device is fine, but as an HDD? Please...

tomblover
21-07-10, 16:37
WHAT. lol

Carbonek_0051
21-07-10, 16:38
What's the issue? It's basically the arcade version of the slim. xD

]{eith
21-07-10, 16:42
Not a terrible deal but it's also not that good.

TRfan23
21-07-10, 16:42
Flash Memory guys. HDD's work as magnetic and their slower then Flash Drives. Why didn't they just make one with 64GB of Flash Memory as that's the highest Flash atm can go I think or could be more?

Also to the fact they've included wifi N is pretty good as it's faster then the old G.

Guys you got it wrong, this isn't a rip off or anything. Yeh it's not great but it's okay. It's not a rip off, as Flash Memory is harder to work with then HDD's. Oh yeh and the built in wifi as a bonus feature. tbh I don't have an xbox so I don't know all the features they have, but I know computer Hardware so :)

CiaKonwerski
21-07-10, 16:44
Not a very good deal in my opinion.

Carbonek_0051
21-07-10, 16:45
Guys you got it wrong, this isn't a rip off or anything. Yeh it's not great but it's okay. It's not a rip off, as Flash Memory is harder to work with then HDD's.
Exactly, it's far from a rip-off. Considering it's got built-in wi-fi is a big deal, this is the same price as the 360 Arcade. If you bought and Arcade & the wi-fi adapter you would be spending more than this.

Catracoth
21-07-10, 16:46
What's the issue? It's basically the arcade version of the slim.

Even my arcade 360 came with much more memory. That's the issue.

Carbonek_0051
21-07-10, 16:49
Even my arcade 360 came with much more memory. That's the issue.

The Arcade came with a 256 MB Memory Unit. That's far less than this, and this also has the built-in wi-fi. Buying an Arcade + the wi-fi adapter would be much more expensive than this.

Catracoth
21-07-10, 16:59
The Arcade came with a 256 MB Memory Unit.

My arcade console came with the memory unit and a 120GB hard drive :confused:.

...and this also has the built-in wi-fi. Buying an Arcade + the wi-fi adapter would be much more expensive than this.

Personally, I don't use Wi-Fi with my Xbox - it's far too unreliable. I use an Ethernet cable for a direct connection :).

Carbonek_0051
21-07-10, 17:01
My arcade console came with the memory unit and a 120GB hard drive :confused:.
Then you didn't get an Arcade, you got a Elite. The Arcades don't come with an HDD, and the only Xbox with 120GB is the Elite. :p
Personally, I don't use Wi-Fi with my Xbox - it's far too unreliable. I use an Ethernet cable for a direct connection :).
I use wi-fi on mine, I've never had an issue. :)

Catracoth
21-07-10, 17:09
Then you didn't get an Arcade, you got a Elite. The Arcades don't come with an HDD, and the only Xbox with 120GB is the Elite. :p

I indeed got the Arcade. I still have the box it came in :).

I use wi-fi on mine, I've never had an issue. :)

Yes, but you haven't any experience with my Internet router. You'd want to throw your Internet-requiring devices out the window.

Carbonek_0051
21-07-10, 17:13
I indeed got the Arcade. I still have the box it came in :).
Well then you should consider yourself lucky because the Arcades are not supposed to have HDD's.

The Xbox 360 Arcade replaced the "Xbox 360 Core" as the entry level Xbox 360 on October 23, 2007, while retaining the Core's price of US$279.99. It was publicly revealed by Microsoft's president of Entertainment Devices division Robbie Bach to the Financial Times on October 18, 2007, and officially announced on October 22, 2007, although it was available in stores far earlier. It included a wireless controller, composite AV cable, HDMI 1.2 output, a 256 MB memory unit and 5 Xbox Live Arcade titles: Boom Boom Rocket, Feeding Frenzy, Luxor 2, Pac-Man Championship Edition, and Uno on a single disk, which also included a "Welcome Video" and several game trailers/demos. Like its predecessor the "Core", it did not include a hard disk drive, which is required for Xbox software backwards compatibility. In Autumn (Fall) 2008, with the introduction of the Jasper motherboard revision, the memory unit was removed from the package and replaced with an 256 MB internal memory chip. This was later upgraded to a 512 MB chip in Summer 2009. Holiday 2008 consoles were bundled with Sega Superstars Tennis. With the price cuts on September 4, 2008, the Arcade fell from US$279 to US$199 in the US. In the UK, with the 2009 Elite price drop and discontinuation of the "Premium" Pro SKU, the Arcade price rose from GB£129.99 to GB£159.99. With the unveiling of the Xbox 360 S redesign, the Arcade dropped in price to US$149.99 for remaining units until stocks are exhausted. Microsoft is currently working on a replacement for the Arcade at the US$199 price tier.
Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360#Xbox_360_Arcade)

Did you buy it use or new? Because you might have just accidently got an Elite inside an Arcade box. :p

Catracoth
21-07-10, 17:23
Well then you should consider yourself lucky because the Arcades are not supposed to have HDD's.

I don't believe in luck, but good fortune :).

Did you buy it use or new? Because you might have just accidently got an Elite inside an Arcade box. :p

I got it for Christmas, and I believe it was new since Wal-Mart doesn't sell used consoles (at least to my knowledge :whi:). Perhaps I did get a different console than I was supposed to. I'm not complaining.

Legend of Lara
21-07-10, 17:34
I don't believe in luck, but good fortune :).

I got it for Christmas, and I believe it was new since Wal-Mart doesn't sell used consoles (at least to my knowledge :whi:). Perhaps I did get a different console than I was supposed to. I'm not complaining.

Er, is it black? :p

Catracoth
21-07-10, 17:42
Ah yes, I forgot about the colour distinction. Then there's no chance I have an Elite - it's white, all white. I understand the original 360s had silver disc trays.

Agent 47
21-07-10, 19:29
And to think Sony constantly get abuse for releasing different SKU's tut tut tut :vlol:

£150 seems ok for poor folks on a low income to be honest...

ajrich17901
21-07-10, 19:48
And to think Sony constantly get abuse for releasing different SKU's tut tut tut :vlol:

£150 seems ok for poor folks on a low income to be honest...

Exactly, that and not everyone needs tons of space when they buy a console. Heck I have a 120 gig ps3 and haven't used almost any of the space yet lmao.