PDA

View Full Version : Comic Con 2010

Tonyrobinson
22-07-10, 13:46
Live stream. 5PM British Time. 9AM PDT time.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/makingof-live-comic-con-2010

Who else is excited for this?

EDIT:

Better one so you can take part!

http://www.myspace.com/comiccon

woody543
22-07-10, 15:12
Gosh darn it you got me excited. 5pm British time :P

Tonyrobinson
22-07-10, 15:13
5PM that sucks! The fault is mine though :)

Catapharact
22-07-10, 15:14
I actually know a correspondant from G4Tech TV that's there right now providing live feed from the event. Should be cool. Though she really needs to learn how to clean up her room Lol! Her hotel room is a mess!

Tonyrobinson
22-07-10, 15:15
I actually know a correspondant from G4Tech TV that's there right now providing live feed from the event. Should be cool. Though she really needs to learn how to clean up her room Lol! Her hotel room is a mess!

Nice. Is there anyway we could view that?

Catapharact
22-07-10, 15:16
Nice. Is there anyway we could view that?

Sorry... Inside friends only ;). But G4 will be covering the event so stay tuned for that.

Tonyrobinson
22-07-10, 15:20
Sorry... Inside friends only ;). But G4 will be covering the event so stay tuned for that.

I know I can't wait I really wanna see the Salt booth! :D

TombRaiderLover
22-07-10, 15:32
I'm interested to see how people will respond to Tommy Wiseau at Comic Con. He's become quite controversial over the internet in the past week for claiming copyright on a review of his film by The Nostalgia Critic and having him take it down.

Tonyrobinson
22-07-10, 16:03
This still isn't live :(

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/unity-events

This one seems to be working!

SkyPuppy
22-07-10, 16:26
seems like i've missed some of it already... oh well, i wouldn't have time to watch the rest anyway since i've gotta get ready to leave in like half an hour. :/ G4 said they were playing it probably the 27th, so that's good.

Agent 47
24-07-10, 00:58
Looks like Mr Karl Urban..................IS THE LAW!!!
http://www.collider.com/2010/07/23/karl-urban-interview-judge-dredd-star-trek-2-red-comic-con-shoots-next-summer-confirms-dredd/

I like this guy, yeah i flame Star Trek 2009, but Urban "gets" who Leonard H McCoy is. Reading this interview it also appears he "gets" who Joe Dredd is :D

As a long time reader of 2000AD, i can honestly say (as fan of Dredd) it would be an honour to have this guy play The Law-man of the Future, a no-nonsense badass.

Non removal of helmet is music to my ears, never happened folks, nobody has ever seen Joe's face. Damn he was even shot in the line of duty and laid in a hospital bed with his helmet still on :vlol:

If John Wagner is happy with the way this movie is shaping up, then so am i :tmb: Bring on Mega City JUSTICE!!!!!

thanatos
24-07-10, 06:44
Looks like Mr Karl Urban..................IS THE LAW!!!
http://www.collider.com/2010/07/23/karl-urban-interview-judge-dredd-star-trek-2-red-comic-con-shoots-next-summer-confirms-dredd/

I like this guy, yeah i flame Star Trek 2009, but Urban "gets" who Leonard H McCoy is. Reading this interview it also appears he "gets" who Joe Dredd is :D

As a long time reader of 2000AD, i can honestly say (as fan of Dredd) it would be an honour to have this guy play The Law-man of the Future, a no-nonsense badass.

Non removal of helmet is music to my ears, never happened folks, nobody has ever seen Joe's face. Damn he was even shot in the line of duty and laid in a hospital bed with his helmet still on :vlol:

If John Wagner is happy with the way this movie is shaping up, then so am i :tmb: Bring on Mega City JUSTICE!!!!!
Actually i've got a couple of issues where he does remove his helmet, something always hiding his face though, lol.
There's a lot more to worry about yet but you're right, getting a proper character actor of Urban's quality is a good start.

Jedd Fletcher
24-07-10, 10:16
I seriously need a link to galleries of the cosplayers, especially the women. I live in the wrong corner of the planet, man.

scoopy_loopy
24-07-10, 10:19
I seriously need a link to galleries of the cosplayers, especially the women. I live in the wrong corner of the planet, man.

Lol, you horn dog. :tea:

Agent 47
24-07-10, 14:08
Actually i've got a couple of issues where he does remove his helmet, something always hiding his face though, lol.
There's a lot more to worry about yet but you're right, getting a proper character actor of Urban's quality is a good start.

If the script review is to be believed as genuine then i don't really have mega issues with it.

Dredd with a fresh faced Cadet Cassandra Anderson in tow, seeing if she has what it takes to be a Judge. The pair trapped in a block trying to fight their way out, Anderson using her PSI abilities and as such earning her Badge in the process to join PSI Division. It's possible this film could set up a Judge Death sequel....who knows.

If the characters are done well then i'll be pleased, if the film makes a good enough return to warrant a sequel then all the better.This movie only has a $50m budget so it should make a profit. It does seem though that all the folks involved want to do this right, right by the character, right by the fan base. If they achieve that then justice is served and i hope a franchise can be spawned with Karl in the title roll :jmp: Wonder which Chief Judge they'll use :D

Talking of titles, i hope they use the classic font used in the weekly strip. The Dredd universe has a lot of potential for movies, actually the entire back catalogue of 2000Ad characters do.

This film will be done and dusted by the time Karl rejoins for Trek 12, so no scheduling conflicts should occur.