PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter X Tekken (And Vice Versa)

_Awestruck_
24-07-10, 21:13
Yep, that's right. SF X Tekken and Tekken X SF are in development and were revealed at SDCC.

Namco's making the Tekken X SF version, and Capcom the SF X Tekken one. We got a trailer, screenshots, and gameplay video today of Capcom's version. It looks just like Street Fighter 4, which is a turn off to me. I'll hold out for Namco's version.

i9EpHRdlI3M

What do you think?

Gameplay Video (http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30596/bigger)

Legend of Lara
24-07-10, 21:19
I'm somewhat decentish at Tekken, but absolutely rubbish at Street Fighter. I'm more interested in Namco's version as a result. :p

_Awestruck_
24-07-10, 21:22
Yeah, I don't even try to play Street Fighter. I've never played it but I know for a fact I don't like it. In Capcom's version you can tag in other people, so there's a plus. Here's to hoping Namco's version includes that.

Sharon_14
24-07-10, 21:36
sounds like a waste of time for the developers :confused:

Minty Mouth
24-07-10, 21:41
So they are making a crossover, but twice?

What does the X stand for? Shouldn't it be Versus, like Marvel Vs Street Fighter?

_Awestruck_
24-07-10, 21:46
So they are making a crossover, but twice?

What does the X stand for? Shouldn't it be Versus, like Marvel Vs Street Fighter?

I have no clue, actually. That's just what it's called :confused:.

But, they're developing both at the same time, so their bound to come out around the same time. There's one for each game's fanbase. There's a gameplay video on 1UP.com with Street Fighter's engine. It looks alright.

Minty Mouth
24-07-10, 21:48
So I'm guessing the other one will have Tekken style graphics? Are they doing entire ports of the character's movesets to each others fighting systems? That could be . . . interesting.

Well, I have both SFIV and T6, and while I suck pretty bad at T6, Street Fighter is such an outdated fighting game it's not even funny. I have no idea why critics still sing its praises when it's obviously so flawed as a fighting game by today's standards. It's all nostalgia. That's all the game and its fans have.

TR freak
24-07-10, 22:00
So I'm guessing the other one will have Tekken style graphics? Are they doing entire ports of the character's movesets to each others fighting systems? That could be . . . interesting.

Well, I have both SFIV and T6, and while I suck pretty bad at T6, Street Fighter is such an outdated fighting game it's not even funny. I have no idea why critics still sing its praises when it's obviously so flawed as a fighting game by today's standards. It's all nostalgia. That's all the game and its fans have.

I'm gonna have to disagree. Street Fighter 4 is the first Street Fighter game I've ever played and I loved it. In fact it's one of my favourite fighting games ever. Topped only by the Tekken series imo. How is it flawed as a fighting game by todays standards? It certainly has enough depth to it by todays standard of fighting games.

Anyway I'm definitely looking forward to both games. Honda vs Ganryu FTW! The very first thing I thought of when I saw Honda in SF4 was "OMG that's Ganryu!". It'll be interesting to see the two characters movesets in both games.

tomblover
24-07-10, 22:01
Done twice? Huh.

I'll skip this, never been a huge fan of SF or Tekken.

b0bb13
24-07-10, 22:01
Oh God, oh yes, oh God,oh yes oh God oh yes oh God oh yes oh God oh yes oh God oh yes oh God oh yes oh GOD! *CLIMAX* DDDDDDDD:
http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs39/f/2008/344/c/9/I_jizz_in_my_pants_by_HOLIMOUNT.jpg

omg just saw the gameplay, FuUUUUUuuUUuuUU~~! I can't believe this is happening. Oh yummy, oh Nina vs Chun-Li and Lili vs Cammy, oh. *climax again*

I'm shaking.

http://wellspringfellowship.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/screaming.jpg

I am buying both day one. **** MvC3, I want this! :DDDDDD

I need to go lay down for an hour.

Minty Mouth
24-07-10, 22:04
I'm gonna have to disagree. Street Fighter 4 is the first Street Fighter game I've ever played and I loved it. In fact it's one of my favourite fighting games ever. Topped only by the Tekken series imo. How is it flawed as a fighting game by todays standards? It certainly has enough depth to it by todays standard of fighting games.

Anyway I'm definitely looking forward to both games. Honda vs Ganryu FTW! The very first thing I thought of when I saw Honda in SF4 was "OMG that's Ganryu!". It'll be interesting to see the two characters movesets in both games.

The characters literally have about 5 moves each. Sure they have the basic punch kick moves too, but they are hardly interesting or fun. Look at the movelists for Street Fighter and compare them to Tekken, Soulcalibur, even DOA, and the difference is staggering. The depth offered in SF is nowhere near what is offered in every other fighter out there. People say that it's about how you use the moves, spacing, blocking, comboing, but all of those things apply to the other games with movelists 20 times the size of the SF ones, too.

da tomb raider!
24-07-10, 22:17
I'm not a big fan of crossovers, and I'm definitely not a big fan of crossovers done twice. I've never played a Street Fighter game before, and I've gone off Tekken since the fifth one. So consider me uninterested.

TR freak
24-07-10, 22:22
The characters literally have about 5 moves each. Sure they have the basic punch kick moves too, but they are hardly interesting or fun. Look at the movelists for Street Fighter and compare them to Tekken, Soulcalibur, even DOA, and the difference is staggering. The depth offered in SF is nowhere near what is offered in every other fighter out there. People say that it's about how you use the moves, spacing, blocking, comboing, but all of those things apply to the other games with movelists 20 times the size of the SF ones, too.

I dont even.....just...um...I'm not even sure this deserves a response. You dont have a zillion long combos you have to learn. So? So the game isn't about combo memorization, so what? The games moves are easy to learn and it's about strategy of how and when to use those moves. You seriously think other fighting games have more depth than SF just because they have longer movelists? Sorry, but that's just stupid. I dont even need to explain why. If anything, the longer a movelist for a fighter is, the more the game is about combo memorization than it is about actual strategy and skill. SF keeps it simple, yet complex at the same time. Go look at some high level play of SF4 and tell me the game isn't as deep as any other fighting game out there.

Minty Mouth
24-07-10, 22:32
I dont even.....just...um...I'm not even sure this deserves a response. You dont have a zillion long combos you have to learn. So? So the game isn't about combo memorization, so what? The games moves are easy to learn and it's about strategy of how and when to use those moves. You seriously think other fighting games have more depth than SF just because they have longer movelists? Sorry, but that's just stupid. I dont even need to explain why. If anything, the longer a movelist for a fighter is, the more the game is about combo memorization than it is about actual strategy and skill. SF keeps it simple, yet complex at the same time. Go look at some high level play of SF4 and tell me the game isn't as deep as any other fighting game out there.

Keeping it simple? Sounds like a poor excuse to me.

Nobody is forcing you to use all the combos in other fighting games. If you want, pick four or five moves from Siegfried's moveset and just use those, but why do it when there are so many others on offer? Street Fighter asks you to put in much less (due to the crippled movelists) and so you'll get less out. Put as much time into playing Tekken/Virtua Fighter/Soulcalibur/DOA as you have into playing Street Fighter and you'll start to see that there are dimensions of fighting games that you've never seen before if you've only played SF.

And yes, more content = more depth. That's not rocket science. It literally takes the depth that Street Fighter has and multiplies it by however much more content there is, considering the battle systems are relatively the same at the core, and the core is all that SF uses.

Fallen.Angel
24-07-10, 22:38
Meh, I was hoping for a new Darkstalkers game. One can dream though. With this, plus the announcement of Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition.... PLUS more Street Fighter movies, I'm kind of sick of SF as a whole. Love it, but would like to see something different.

_Awestruck_
24-07-10, 22:43
Meh, I was hoping for a new Darkstalkers game. One can dream though. With this, plus the announcement of Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition.... PLUS more Street Fighter movies, I'm kind of sick of SF as a whole. Love it, but would like to see something different.

Wait for Namco's version. It's bound to be better (from a Tekken fan).

voltz
24-07-10, 22:43
Going both ways also means we're going to get to see how each franchise holds up in the opposite of their respective styles. I always wondered what it would be like to play SF characters in a Tekken game before, now it looks like I'm going to actually witness it.

*cracks knuckles*

_Awestruck_
24-07-10, 22:47
Going both ways also means we're going to get to see how each franchise holds up in the opposite of their respective styles. I always wondered what it would be like to play SF characters in a Tekken game before, now it looks like I'm going to actually witness it.

*cracks knuckles*

Yep, I might actually main a SF character, if they have Tekken mechanics (bound, juggles). Idk, we'll see how it goes, which could be either of 2 ways: completely great, or a swing and a miss.

Edit: I updated the first post with the gameplay demonstration.

Minty Mouth
24-07-10, 22:50
The only good thing about SF is Sakura.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Z3rxabw8gK0/S7faC-v2YuI/AAAAAAAAAFY/Cdcjipy2Xos/s1600/sakura+street+fighter+3%C2%BA+lugar.jpgp

She is officially hotsauce.

Kittypower
24-07-10, 22:51
Yay! Also glad to see Nina in action. I hope Annas in this, she always seems to get left out when exciting stuff happens.

Legend of Lara
24-07-10, 23:01

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Z3rxabw8gK0/S7faC-v2YuI/AAAAAAAAAFY/Cdcjipy2Xos/s1600/sakura+street+fighter+3%C2%BA+lugar.jpgp

I dunno, C. Viper was my favourite thing about SFIV... :pi:

Minty Mouth
24-07-10, 23:02
I dunno, C. Viper was my favourite thing about SFIV... :pi:

She was very, Bayonetta, wasn't she?

Yeah, I prefer schoolgirls

. . .

Oops!

Johnnay
24-07-10, 23:05
Yay! Also glad to see Nina in action. I hope Annas in this, she always seems to get left out when exciting stuff happens.
http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/179787-/ALL10_bmp_jpgcopy-noscale.jpg (http://destructoid.com/elephant/photo-m.phtml?photo_key=151746&post_key=179787#prevnext)

im a bit ****ed off now this is confirmed.. well at least i'll be getting the Namco version..(this feels like TTT2 but with Streetfighter characters)

Minty Mouth
24-07-10, 23:05
Is it just me, or does Nina's model look awful?

TR freak
24-07-10, 23:07
Keeping it simple? Sounds like a poor excuse to me.

Nobody is forcing you to use all the combos in other fighting games. If you want, pick four or five moves from Siegfried's moveset and just use those, but why do it when there are so many others on offer? Street Fighter asks you to put in much less (due to the crippled movelists) and so you'll get less out. Put as much time into playing Tekken/Virtua Fighter/Soulcalibur/DOA as you have into playing Street Fighter and you'll start to see that there are dimensions of fighting games that you've never seen before if you've only played SF.

And yes, more content = more depth. That's not rocket science. It literally takes the depth that Street Fighter has and multiplies it by however much more content there is, considering the battle systems are relatively the same at the core, and the core is all that SF uses.

More content does NOT equal more depth. Not at all. A fighting game can have a million different combos to learn for one fighter and still not offer the level of depth as SF. More does not always mean better or more depth. And SF does not have relatively the same battle system as other fighting games you mentioned. The goal is to deplete your opponents health bar. That's the only similarity. Street Fighter plays very differently to those games. I'm not gonna go ahead and explain the whole battle system to you, but suffice to say it plays absolutely nothing like Tekken or any of the others you mentioned. Street Fighters depth comes in a different form. Have you mastered Street Fighter? Could you even beat me at Street Fighter? And I'm not that great by the way.

You have no idea of the depth of Street Fighter. You are an absolute moron if you think other fighting games provide more depth than SF just because they have bigger movelists. Do those fighting games also have super meters? An ultra combo meter? Projectile attacks? EX special attacks? Can you absorb an opponents attack to counter it? Yeah didn't think so. SF offers depth in its fighting system in many ways. It doesn't rely on big movelists. When all those other fighting games you mentioned offer all of these things as well as other elements of the depth of SF to their fighting systems in addition to their insanely unnecessarily long movelists, let me know.

Kittypower
24-07-10, 23:08
Is it just me, or does Nina's model look awful?

She looks good, just very diffrent. I think its the lips.

Edit: Nina also seems to have gone up a few bra sizes.

Johnnay
24-07-10, 23:14
She looks good, just very diffrent. I think its the lips.

Edit: Nina also seems to have gone up a few bra sizes.
http://www.playswitch.com/Content/ArticleImages/PSb0cb857663784b0fbe9627b216037b0e.jpg

Kittypower
24-07-10, 23:18
http://www.playswitch.com/Content/ArticleImages/PSb0cb857663784b0fbe9627b216037b0e.jpg

Nina looks surprisingly good cell shaded. I hope she gets more screen time along with Chun Li but right now were stuck with kazuya and Ryu as the mascots.

Minty Mouth
24-07-10, 23:19
You have no idea of the depth of Street Fighter. You are an absolute moron if you think other fighting games provide more depth than SF just because they have bigger movelists. Do those fighting games also have super meters? An ultra combo meter? Projectile attacks? EX special attacks? Can you absorb an opponents attack to counter it? Yeah didn't think so. SF offers depth in its fighting system in many ways. It doesn't rely on big movelists. When all those other fighting games you mentioned offer all of these things as well as other elements of the depth of SF to their fighting systems in addition to their insanely unnecessarily long movelists, let me know.

God no, I couldn't beat you at SFIV because I haven't wasted any more time than I needed to on it. Like I said, Street Fighter takes the core battle system (high, mid, low attacks. Lateral walking, all the rest of it) and forgets everything else. I can answer your questions in regards to Soulcalibur, since that's the game I know best.

Do those fighting games also have super meters? An ultra combo meter?
Soul Gauge

Projectile attacks?
Yes. In fact all the projectile attacks have different porperties/animations, andlead into different combos. How many different projectiles are in SF? And how many characters share the same basic properties?

EX special attacks?
Critical Finishes, Just inputs (which can be implemented in the middle of combos,too.)

Can you absorb an opponents attack to counter it?
Guard/Just Impact.

Not to mention the 8-way run which adds 6 new dimensions to gameplay, the free form combos system, stuns, the characters ALL have totally different games (not just the same moves with different inputs like at least half of the shoto characters in SF do), and the list goes on. I realise that your list could go on too, but when you stack it all up, Street Fighter just lacks so much compared to other games out there. The game can't keep up with its extras in the first place, never mind the movelists.

I'm not the only person who thinks it. Check user reviews on Metacritic and you'll see many of the people not blinded by nostalgia see it for what it really is. Technically inferior. Enjoy it, by all means, but know there is better out there.

Johnnay
24-07-10, 23:21
i hope both games are avaibale as one copy.. (2 discs in one box)

the street fighter version feels like TTT2( at least for the tekken characters)

Legend of Lara
24-07-10, 23:47
http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/179787-/ALL10_bmp_jpgcopy-noscale.jpg (http://destructoid.com/elephant/photo-m.phtml?photo_key=151746&post_key=179787#prevnext)

im a bit ****ed off now this is confirmed.. well at least i'll be getting the Namco version..(this feels like TTT2 but with Streetfighter characters)

I do NOT remember Kazuya being so freakishly buff. D:

2kool4u
25-07-10, 01:37
So exciiiiiiiiiiiiited :D

Johnnay
25-07-10, 01:52
qkSfpClIShw

_Awestruck_
25-07-10, 02:31
i hope both games are avaibale as one copy.. (2 discs in one box)

the street fighter version feels like TTT2( at least for the tekken characters)

I hope this is the case as well. I'll more than likely end up playing both though, regardless if they're released together or not.

And yes, Jake, Nina looks pretty ugly.

Johnnay
25-07-10, 03:09
I hope this is the case as well. I'll more than likely end up playing both though, regardless if they're released together or not.

i dotn know why but she does look like her originial T5.0 Model.. and that one was ugly too

Kittypower
25-07-10, 03:15

Someone, please explain to me how "Nina looks pretty ugly".

Besides, she didnt look her best in tekken 6(or am i the only one who remembers her having the wierd black outlines around her eyes and huge lips).

http://www.tekkenpedia.com/w/images/5/59/Tekken6.png

Edit: I really dont think she was that good looking in tekken 6. IMO of course.

Legend of Lara
25-07-10, 03:49

Besides, she didnt look her best in tekken 6(or am i the only one who remembers her having the wierd black outlines around her eyes and huge lips).

http://www.tekkenpedia.com/w/images/5/59/Tekken6.png

Edit: I really dont think she was that good looking in tekken 6. IMO of course.

I thought she looked okay in Tekken 6. Her arms were a little beefy, though.

2kool4u
25-07-10, 04:22
Julia best be in this game....

_Awestruck_
25-07-10, 04:35
Nina looks like an animal in SF's engine.

And I wouldn't be expecting Julia, because from what I've heard only T1-T2's lineup will be appearing, so Michelle might be back.

voltz
25-07-10, 04:38

http://findlaydonnan.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/pedobear-seal-of-approval2.jpg

only reason she's still around. :D

Sharon_14
25-07-10, 07:24
wow, it looks so bad :p and nina does look pretty ugly, thank god she looks ok in the psp version of tekken 6 :wve:

Johnnay
25-07-10, 08:30

And I wouldn't be expecting Julia, because from what I've heard only T1-T2's lineup will be appearing, so Michelle might be back.

proof or it didnt happen

Minty Mouth
25-07-10, 09:29

Just looks like they didn't really try with her model, to me. The transition into SF style art didn't go so well. They didn't quite change her enough to look like she fits into the game, she just looks sort of plain.

Think we'll see Xiaoyu?

TR freak
25-07-10, 11:45
God no, I couldn't beat you at SFIV because I haven't wasted any more time than I needed to on it. Like I said, Street Fighter takes the core battle system (high, mid, low attacks. Lateral walking, all the rest of it) and forgets everything else. I can answer your questions in regards to Soulcalibur, since that's the game I know best.

Do those fighting games also have super meters? An ultra combo meter?
Soul Gauge

Projectile attacks?
Yes. In fact all the projectile attacks have different porperties/animations, andlead into different combos. How many different projectiles are in SF? And how many characters share the same basic properties?

EX special attacks?
Critical Finishes, Just inputs (which can be implemented in the middle of combos,too.)

Can you absorb an opponents attack to counter it?
Guard/Just Impact.

Not to mention the 8-way run which adds 6 new dimensions to gameplay, the free form combos system, stuns, the characters ALL have totally different games (not just the same moves with different inputs like at least half of the shoto characters in SF do), and the list goes on. I realise that your list could go on too, but when you stack it all up, Street Fighter just lacks so much compared to other games out there. The game can't keep up with its extras in the first place, never mind the movelists.

I'm not the only person who thinks it. Check user reviews on Metacritic and you'll see many of the people not blinded by nostalgia see it for what it really is. Technically inferior. Enjoy it, by all means, but know there is better out there.

Not every one of the fighters you mentioned have any of those. Tekken for one. It has none of those. I'm pretty sure VF and DOA doesn't either. You do realise there's a difference between 2D and 3D fighters right? Are you saying that all 2D fighters aren't deep because you can only move left to right? I'm not sure if that's more or less stupid than the movelist argument. And SF4 has stuns too btw.

How is it even possible that I'm blinded by nostalgia? The first SF I ever played is SF4. And no it's not technically inferior and there is not better out there. If you're not even good at street fighter yourself how the hell can you call it a not deep fighter? Oh btw, button mashing will get you a lot further against human opposition in Tekken than it will in SF.

Guess what, different fighters offer depth in different ways. What fighting game do you find easiest to play and what is the game you find easiest to do well against human opposition in? I seriously doubt Street Fighter will be your first choice. Of all the criticisms you could give SF, the fact the game lacks depth compared to other fighters is the most ridiculous.

I normally respect other peoples opinions, but you are just plain wrong. I mean if you dont like the game that's cool, but to say it's not as deep as other fighters is moronic for so many reasons.

Alive_and_Funky
25-07-10, 11:53
Does this mean we'll be able to see Steve Fox vs. Balrog? :D

Oh, and I've only seen bits of the whole Street Fighter vs. Tekken debate in this thread, but I've just got to say 'Street Fighter all the way, baby!'

shadow_fire
25-07-10, 11:56
YAy!!!

Though I want the Namco verson :D

Tekken kicks street fighers ass!!!

Hope Julia is in it :D

shadow_fire
25-07-10, 11:58

actually, if Michelle is in there instead....then all the better!!! :D

herothing
25-07-10, 12:08
I can't wait for this, but in Namco form only. Street Fighter is so complicated :p

Legend of Lara
25-07-10, 12:11
I've never been able to pull off an Ultra combo in SFIV. That game terrifies me. D:

Minty Mouth
25-07-10, 12:15
Not every one of the fighters you mentioned have any of those. Tekken for one. It has none of those. I'm pretty sure VF and DOA doesn't either. You do realise there's a difference between 2D and 3D fighters right? Are you saying that all 2D fighters aren't deep because you can only move left to right? I'm not sure if that's more or less stupid than the movelist argument.
A 2D fighter could, of course, be deep, but the fact that it is 2D irrevocably removes a dimension of gameplay that adds depth which is present in 3D fighters. 2D fighters existed because that's all the systems could handle at the time when they were released (as far as I know) now that we have advanced why keep it around? You're right, I'm pretty sure that the other fighters don't have these kinds of things, in general, but they each have their own 'things': 10 Hit combos, Reveral Systems, Multiple level stages, etc.

And SF4 has stuns too btw.
Like I said, both of our lists could go on forever.

How is it even possible that I'm blinded by nostalgia? The first SF I ever played is SF4. And no it's not technically inferior and there is not better out there. If you're not even good at street fighter yourself how the hell can you call it a not deep fighter? Oh btw, button mashing will get you a lot further against human opposition in Tekken than it will in SF.
I never said that you personally were blinded by nostalgia. It just so happens that I'm not directing my argument squarely in your face, like you seem to be with me. This isn't personal. I'm speaking in general terms. The critical reception to this game was prejudiced to the point where it just doesn't fit with the public perception. You, if we must make it personal, are blinded by a lack of knowledge (ignorance, to use an ugly term), which makes it hard to take your assertions of SF being the best out there seriously when you yourself obviously have very little experience with other fighters, especially 3D ones, which is the precise reason you are rejecting my opinion.

Guess what, different fighters offer depth in different ways. What fighting game do you find easiest to play and what is the game you find easiest to do well against human opposition in? I seriously doubt Street Fighter will be your first choice. Of all the criticisms you could give SF, the fact the game lacks depth compared to other fighters is the most ridiculous.
I might not be able to beat you, but I am more than familiar with Street Fighter's core gameplay, and like I said, whatever 'pros' it might have just do not stack up against what it is limited to by its format. Outdated, outdated, outdated. Technically outdated and technically inferior. It can still be fun, sure. Knock yourself out, enjoy the game, but it is technically shallow when compared to the fruits of advanced technology and the public voice.

TR freak
25-07-10, 13:21
It is NOT outdated and not technically inferior. By that logic 2D fighters shouldn't exist at all. Ever played the Guilty Gear series? You gonna go ahead and tell me that's inferior and lacks depth too? You calling me ignorant? HA! I have little experience with other fighters? I've played all the 3D fighting series you've mentioned plus 2D ones as well. You clearly have no experience with 2D fighters whatsoever. Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, Marvel Vs Capcom, Blazblue etc. They're all inferior because they're 2D? Who's the ignorant one here?

Minty Mouth
25-07-10, 13:27
It is NOT outdated and not technically inferior. By that logic 2D fighters shouldn't exist at all. Ever played the Guilty Gear series? You gonna go ahead and tell me that's inferior and lacks depth too? You calling me ignorant? HA! I have little experience with other fighters? I've played all the 3D fighting series you've mentioned plus 2D ones as well. You clearly have no experience with 2D fighters whatsoever. Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, Marvel Vs Capcom, Blazblue etc. They're all inferior because they're 2D? Who's the ignorant one here?

There is a personal preference that exists for 2D fighters. A lot of people prefer to play them over 3D ones. Doesn't make then technically superior. If there is a market they will supply for it.

Besides, the fact that it is 2D isn't the deal breaker, it is one factor that contributes to Street Fighter being an outdated game as a whole. I can't talk for other 2D games as I don't play them, and that is the precise reason that I am not saying 2D games are always outdated. Having the game in 2D just puts a cap on manouverability which is a key feature in a lot of fighters.

ryan91
25-07-10, 13:44
so there will be 2 versions? i wonder how namco make cammy's hooligan combination on tekken style engine :D.

TR freak
25-07-10, 13:54
2D fighters in general dont rely on massive move lists. The fact SF is 2d is not one of the things that makes it outdated. When it comes to fighters, the fact it's 2D is never a valid argument for it being out of date. The only arguments you've come up with for SF being outdated is the small movelists and the fact it's 2D. Those are not valid arguments. SF offers tons of depth in its gameplay. Its no less deep a fighter than Tekken, SC, DOA or even Virtua Fighter.

I'm not even saying I prefer 2D fighters. On the whole I dont. Tekken is by far my favourite fighting franchise. Doesn't mean I cant see the depth of the gameplay and how different they are to 3D fighters. Different fighters offer depth in different ways.

Seriously now, do you honestly believe Street Fighter 4 doesn't offer as much depth in its gameplay than than all the big 3D fighters on the market today? Just answer that one question, and answer it truthfully.

Sharon_14
25-07-10, 14:10
i hope they bring kunimitsu back, and redo her whole moveset! :p

jbrown013
25-07-10, 14:14
I hear that all of the characters will retain their original movesets, but I dont see Namco not developing new characters for this.

I want to see how the SF characters look on the 3D plane.

Sharon_14
25-07-10, 14:16
i see, if they are bringing back characters from tekken 1 to 3 i hope they don't completely destory them :o

jbrown013
25-07-10, 14:17
Either way, everything is still sketchy. I'll hold out for Gamescon next month to see what else they have to show us, they'll definitely show something

Minty Mouth
25-07-10, 14:26
Seriously now, do you honestly believe Street Fighter 4 doesn't offer as much depth in its gameplay than than all the big 3D fighters on the market today? Just answer that one question, and answer it truthfully.

100% honestly, yes I do. All games aren't on a level playing field, otherwise there would be no point in having the industry. Some are better than others, but people very rarely agree on which games go where. We obviously won't agree. Street Fighter just doesn't give me what I want as a fighting game fan.

TR freak
25-07-10, 14:42
100% honestly, yes I do. All games aren't on a level playing field, otherwise there would be no point in having the industry. Some are better than others, but people very rarely agree on which games go where. We obviously won't agree. Street Fighter just doesn't give me what I want as a fighting game fan.

I dont care if Street Fighter doesn't give you what you want as a fighting game fan. I dont care whether you like the game or not. I dont care if you consider SF4 the worst fighting game you've ever played. That's opinion and I can respect that opinion.

But saying SF4 isn't as deep as other fighters isn't an opinion. It's just plain wrong. You dont like the limited movelists and the fact it's 2D? Cool. You think the game is less deep because of that? Just no.

LightningRider
25-07-10, 14:50
. That's opinion and I can respect that opinion.

But saying SF4 isn't as deep as other fighters isn't an opinion. It's just plain wrong. You dont like the limited movelists and the fact it's 2D? Cool. You think the game is less deep because of that? Just no.

Your logic makes no sense. :confused:

TR freak
25-07-10, 14:55
Your logic makes no sense. :confused:

Seriously? Is it that hard to work out? You dont like SF? Fine. That's an opinion. But it's a FACT that SF is a very deep fighting game. Clear enough?

Minty Mouth
25-07-10, 14:58
Seriously? Is it that hard to work out? You dont like SF? Fine. That's an opinion. But it's a FACT that SF is a very deep fighting game. Clear enough?

It's all a matter of perspective.

TR freak
25-07-10, 15:20
It's all a matter of perspective.

What exactly does that mean? The game has high level play. The game has many aspects of strategy to its gameplay and would take an insane amount of time to master. It's deep. I dont know what "perspective" you need to see SF4 as a fighting game that lacks depth, but please explain it to me.

Minty Mouth
25-07-10, 15:23
What exactly does that mean? The game has high level play. The game has many aspects of strategy to its gameplay and would take an insane amount of time to master. It's deep. I dont know what "perspective" you need to see SF4 as a fighting game that lacks depth, but please explain it to me.

Depending on what other fighters you have played at to what level, you will be judging your concept of 'deep' differently to those around you.

_Awestruck_
25-07-10, 16:52
proof or it didnt happen

Someone posted at TZ that it was said in an interview, and they didn't post a link. Plus, it makes sense. You can't include both game's full rosters, and it'd be the most logical to only include the first generation characters.

TR Freak, take the arguing somewhere else. I don't want this thread to be closed.

jbrown013
25-07-10, 17:20
SF's roster didn't reach 17 (the number of characters between Tekken 1 and 2), till SF2 Turbo HD, so IDK if there's any truth to the first generation characters only.

Only time will tell, I'm still convinced that the roster will be huge.

kimonap
25-07-10, 20:17
nothing against street fighter... but i would prefer tekken 7 !

Sir Croft
25-07-10, 21:24
I love the idea of double crossovers, so we're having two concepts done differently. Can't wait to see Namco's version.

voltz
26-07-10, 00:32
i hope they bring kunimitsu back, and redo her whole moveset! :p

Play Taki, add her mask and you pretty much have that already. Even some of her moves from Tekken Tag are shared.

Minty Mouth
26-07-10, 00:35
Play Taki, add her mask and you pretty much have that already. Even some of her moves from Tekken Tag are shared.

Only problem being that Taki is not in either of the games included in this crossover :ton:

_Awestruck_
26-07-10, 00:50
Only problem being that Taki is not in either of the games included in this crossover :ton:

And this is Namco's perfect opportunity to bring Kuni back.

Kunimitsu in TxSF = main'd.

Johnnay
14-08-10, 11:56
http://www.el33tonline.com/images/cache/13820.jpg

http://www.el33tonline.com/images/cache/13821.jpg

http://www.el33tonline.com/images/cache/13822.jpg

http://www.el33tonline.com/images/cache/13823.jpg

http://www.el33tonline.com/images/cache/13824.jpg

http://www.el33tonline.com/images/cache/13825.jpg

http://www.el33tonline.com/images/cache/13826.jpg

http://www.el33tonline.com/images/cache/13827.jpg

http://www.el33tonline.com/images/cache/13828.jpg

larson n natla
14-08-10, 11:59

That's an opinion check a dictionary once in a while ;)

Personally I never really got in to street fighter I used to like Tekken though Nina was my favourite.

Sharon_14
14-08-10, 16:58
it looks... bad, what a waste of development time :p

ryan91
14-08-10, 17:08
are there really gonna be 2 versions??

t-raider26
14-08-10, 19:01
Im not really into Street Fighter. But I think this looks pretty cool. It'd be cool to play as Tekken characters with different gameplay and animation. I just hope they have the same controls and movesets. And if Christie Monteiro isn't in this then I probably wont buy either versions :/

_Awestruck_
14-08-10, 20:10
it looks... bad, what a waste of development time :p

We've heard you say this before. Either be constructive or don't say anything at all.

Sharon_14
14-08-10, 20:33
whoops, i'm sorry if i posted that before :pi: tbh, i don't see why they can't make a single game that's a mix of both instead of 2 games, if they're going to include both games in a single purchase it would be understandable, but 2 different games may confuse some people.

Minty Mouth
14-08-10, 21:11
whoops, i'm sorry if i posted that before :pi: tbh, i don't see why they can't make a single game that's a mix of both instead of 2 games, if they're going to include both games in a single purchase it would be understandable, but 2 different games may confuse some people.

Selling them together in some kind of collectors edition would make sense. Is that possible, considering they are both developed by different people?

Sharon_14
14-08-10, 21:34
it would seem stupid to sale each game alone imo :o

Johnnay
19-08-10, 02:38
No Nina... Just No
http://sdtekken.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pic1.jpg?w=450http://sdtekken.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pic3.jpg?w=450
http://sdtekken.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pic2.jpg?w=450

t-raider26
19-08-10, 03:21
D: She looks HUGE!

Sharon_14
19-08-10, 08:31
ew, i don't mind the fact that she has curves, but she just looks bad :o

herothing
19-08-10, 09:19
Oh my God!! What happened to her thighs? *faints*

ajrich17901
19-08-10, 09:30
OMFG she looks like a cow O____O

TippingWater
19-08-10, 09:31
D: She looks HUGE!

Ghetto Nina FTW !:whi:

ajrich17901
19-08-10, 09:32
Ghetto Nina FTW !:whi:

Lol forget donut drake, we got donut Nina :pi::vlol:

Saphyre
19-08-10, 09:35
I dislike the street fighter art style, it gives the females rugby player thighs and man hands. :/

Megalith
19-08-10, 12:16
I'm not a big fan of SF and after the disappointment that was Tekken 6 i'll probably skip this...

Legend of Lara
19-08-10, 12:28
Thigs.

tizerist
19-08-10, 18:32
Just seen this, and I must say Minty Mouth is quite correct.

Back in '92, the biggest fighting game ever, Street Fighter 2 came out, and the world exploded. Ye Ar Kung Fu was never to be mentioned ever again. The physics of the 2D engine we're superb. The 'CRUNCH' of an attack was superior to every other game, and the animations were smooth as you could hope for. Despite its horribly top-sided character list, it was The Best Game In The World TM.

Then, in '95, the genre took a significant step forward. Tekken added a parculiar 3D slant to the action, fluid wireframe fighters, and the depth of the game was probably five times that of the classic and still-improving SF2 and its various upgrades. The moves lists positively humiliated Street Fighter. No longer was 5 fighting moves enough for a modern one-on-one fighting game. Call it 50, and we might have a deal. An extremely competitive genre also suddenly had such gems like Sould Blade and Virtua Fighter and the quality sky-rocketed. Action replays were the norm, the backgrounds were more immersive and constantly scrolling around the player. A whole generation of SF players saw near simulation levels of fighting. By the time we got to Tekken 4/VF 4/Soul Calibur things were even more advanced. The 3D visuals and combination of attacks were alot smoother and the quality of each game was better than the last.
Something which could not be said about Street Fighter. After a whole slew of very small upgrades, the SF franchise all but disappeared for a while in the face of these newer, more complicated games. There was one SF game in the pipeline though: Street Fighter Alpha.
The king is about to return!! All these new pretenders were surely about to be squashed by the true champion when he came back.

Except that the comeback was limp, and he clearly hadn't paid attention to the depth of technique that his further evolved rivals had applied. He was happy to stick to the 5 move moveslist, ignored the option to at least look 3D or modern, added precious few new options or styles and to top it off, it was not even as good technically as the finely tuned SF2, now existing as Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo. The decision to shun advancement with the fighting physics was clear with the new cartoony look. It was more cartoony than ever. Clearly the developers were saying "if we cant be realistic as the other games, we'll take a more light-hearted approach."
The new rivals didn't even so much as blink.

While other games had turned their 3D sidestep moves into fully fledged 3D movement, SF had tried its hand at semi-3D, but again floated back to its 'safety zone' of 2D where it could be king once more following the demise of Killer Instinct. There, afterall, it was not in competition with the new guys. In other words it was scared of the rate of change.

And its pretty much stayed like this ever since. Street Fighter has been living in the past, much like an old rocker who locks himself away in his room, listening to his past albums, reliving his past glories in the safety of his own environment. The world has moved on, but he doesn't notice.
The worst thing that ever happened to SF was its popularity in a sense. It has never tried to advance to that next level. Every move in the game seems to be a variation on the quarter circle forward / quarter circle back / dragon punch movement, this is even apparent in other spin-offs such as darkstalkers. No desire to step forward.
After all, to step forward, you must hold back for 2 seconds first, right?

SF did eventually give in and turn -visually- 3D permanently, about 15 years after everyone else.
The actual gameplay, and crucially, the quality and quantity of the fighting moves are still firmly rooted in the early 90's.
And don't expect it to change any time soon.

Chocola teapot
19-08-10, 18:38
Want both.

t-raider26
30-11-10, 19:37
So, apparently some information on the game was leaked by a poster on the gamefaqs forum. It's very unlikely that it's true, but you never know... So I thought I'd share :)

Capcom Characters:

Ryu
Ken
Chun-Li
Guile
Dan Hibiki [unfinished]
M. Bison (dictator) [unfinished]
Vega(claw) [unfinished]
Cammy [no model yet]
Dhalsim [no model yet]
Zangief [no model yet]
Sakura [no model yet]
Akuma [no model yet]

Namco Characters:

Kazuya Mishima
Jin Kazama
Nina Williams
Paul Phoenix [unfinished]
Christie Monteiro [unfinished]
Jun Kazama [no model yet]
Heihachi Mishima [no model yet]
King [no model yet]
Kuma [no model yet]
Forrest Law [no model yet]
Hwoarang [no model yet]
Yoshimitsu [no model yet]

*Less than half of the characters have been designed at the moment, models are half-finished only. “Unfinished” characters are still in the animation test (unrendered, missing animations and such).

- The game will be a 2-characters tag, like Rival Schools or Capcom Fighting Jam, you can swap your characters between rounds.

- There will be 13 characters from each series.

- Target combos will be very important, each character have 3 or 4.

- Air combos are achievable.

- Each character has 2 Super combos (unconfirmed). Ultra combos can be performed when the player’s life is low.

- The tag team Ultra combo is still in the game, each fighter have 2 or 3 ways to start or finish the Combo

- Projectiles will be slower and weaker in this game (compared to vanilla SFIV) Some Tekken characters have “dash-like” special moves that allow them to surpass projectiles. Some other moves have projectile-evading properties.

- Haven’t seen a Tekken character having projectile attacks. Judging by the character roster, it’s unlikely there would be.

- Capcom’s fighter models will be certainly based on the Street Fighter ones, along some texture adaptations and such.

- Ryu’s Joudan geri is back, as you watched in the video.

- Chun-Li’s moves have some properties from the Alpha series (i. e. Alpha 3 Tenshokyaku anywhere juggle).

- Ken has new moves and command moves.

- Charge time for charge moves have been reduced.

- Claw and dictator’s target combos allow them to charge their special moves.

- Jin Kazama’s Ultra have him turning into Devil Jin.

- Paul Phoenix’s moves had been taken mainly from his combo finishers (i. e. Dragon Thunder Bolt Palm).

- Most “High” moves from Tekken characters are overhead command moves (a joystick direction plus a button).

- Christie has a few moves resembling Street Fighter III’s Elena’s capoeira. Her First Super is Spinning Beat.

- Jin and Kazuya share a couple moves, although they have different properties (like Ken and Ryu’s in SSFIIX).”
Sounds awesome, but the roster is a major disappointment.

Source: http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/new/major-street-fighter-x-tekken-info-leaked/comment-page-1/

herothing
30-11-10, 19:41
^^
Great Find.
I'm happy to see the return of Jun, although i wanted to see some of the new characters also. :)

Legend of Lara
30-11-10, 19:46
Jun? Forrest? lolwut those two have already been replaced. D:
And in Forrest's case he replaced Marshall and was then re-replaced by Marshall. Or something.

ANYWAY. I'm only interested in the Namco version because I did not like SF4.

herothing
30-11-10, 19:48
And in Forrest's case he replaced Marshall and was then re-replaced by Marshall. Or something.

Same here, i've never been into Street Fighter that much. It's way past my time.

xb4b1x
30-11-10, 19:54

Correct.

Street fighters good but i prefer final fight :D
Ill probs wait for tekken x streetfighter.

domino92
30-11-10, 22:13
Okay, sorry for coming in late, but here is my rant. Bare with me.....

Wtf? Each brand already has it's own territory. The great sales of SF4 and the pretty decent sales of T6 should mean that they're not doing this cuz their losing money. Personally, I think combining the two is an absolutely terrible idea. After all, SF fans will just buy the SF version, and Tekken fans will buy the Tekken version. They're better off actually developing propr sequels instead of spilling their food onto the next one's plate. Another thing: Two versions???? I havent seen an idea as bad as this as Sypro: Crash Bandicoot version and Crash Bandicoot: Spyro version. The two styles of the games are completely different too. SF favours more of a silly style of comedic facial expressions and super powered moves while Tekken favours realism and demonic powers.

Bottom line, this is Bandicoot/Spyro crossover all over again. Same game, different name, both are attempts at making money. Wait to see this at your local Gamestop bargain bin.

Johnnay
12-04-11, 20:27
KLQ1aCOSQos

RSKidYxGzcQ

http://bulk.destructoid.com/ul/198633-preview-street-fighter-x-tekken/2-620x.jpg
http://bulk.destructoid.com/ul/198633-preview-street-fighter-x-tekken/7-620x.jpg
http://bulk.destructoid.com/ul/198633-preview-street-fighter-x-tekken/4-620x.jpg
http://bulk.destructoid.com/ul/198633-preview-street-fighter-x-tekken/6-620x.jpg
http://bulk.destructoid.com/ul/198633-preview-street-fighter-x-tekken/8-620x.jpg
http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/198633-preview-street-fighter-x-tekken/10-noscale.jpg (http://www.destructoid.com/elephant/photo-m.phtml?photo_key=176331&post_key=198633#prevnext)
http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/198633-preview-street-fighter-x-tekken/9-noscale.jpg (http://www.destructoid.com/elephant/photo-m.phtml?photo_key=176332&post_key=198633#prevnext)
http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/198633-preview-street-fighter-x-tekken/5-noscale.jpg (http://www.destructoid.com/elephant/photo-m.phtml?photo_key=176336&post_key=198633#prevnext)
http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/198633-preview-street-fighter-x-tekken/3-noscale.jpg (http://www.destructoid.com/elephant/photo-m.phtml?photo_key=176338&post_key=198633#prevnext)
http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/198633-preview-street-fighter-x-tekken/1-noscale.jpg (http://www.destructoid.com/elephant/photo-m.phtml?photo_key=176340&post_key=198633#prevnext)
http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/198633-preview-street-fighter-x-tekken/Ryu_jpg_jpgcopy-noscale.jpg (http://www.destructoid.com/elephant/photo-m.phtml?photo_key=176330&post_key=198633#prevnext)

herothing
12-04-11, 20:39
Thanks for posting Johnnay, it looks pretty nice; Nina is looking kinda chubby though. I really want to see some Tekken X Street Fighter media now! :D

igonge
12-04-11, 21:09
Lookin' good! :tmb:

Legend of Lara
12-04-11, 21:12
Looking very SFIV there, SF x Tekken. I'll pass.

Johnnay
13-04-11, 11:16
Thanks for posting Johnnay, it looks pretty nice; Nina is looking kinda chubby though. I really want to see some Tekken X Street Fighter media now! :D

it if only wasnt for the street fighter engine... she would be fitter though.

but then look at chun li... extremely fat legs she has.

igonge
13-04-11, 11:35
That's raw muscle bitch :mis:

But yeah her legs are disgusting *pukes*

Tear
13-04-11, 14:48
I'm buying this if Viper is in it.;)

tombraidergale
13-04-11, 15:00
Eww, I don't really like SFIV combat style, and this seems SFIV with some Tekken characters in it, I think I'll pass :hea:

BtoFu
14-04-11, 00:22
Though I don't expect a complete overhaul, Capcom have already said that the SF character models could be redone before release next year. Hoping this is true.

eUP7EfNTBqc

Tear
14-04-11, 04:47
^ No Nina..?:(

Spong
14-04-11, 09:10
I don't get why there's this cross-over, Tekken sucks (apart from Yoshimitsu).

Eww, I don't really like SFIV combat style, and this seems SFIV with some Tekken characters in it, I think I'll pass :hea:

From what I can make out (correct me if I'm wrong), there's two versions; SFxT by Capcom which features the Street Fighter engine and TxSF by Namco which features the Tekken engine. Obviously the Capcom/Street Fighter version will be vastly superior because, as I said at the start, Tekken sucks :ohn:

Johnnay
14-04-11, 09:41
^ No Nina..?:(

NorGCDsadYI

I don't get why there's this cross-over, Tekken sucks (apart from Yoshimitsu).

From what I can make out (correct me if I'm wrong), there's two versions; SFxT by Capcom which features the Street Fighter engine and TxSF by Namco which features the Tekken engine. Obviously the Capcom/Street Fighter version will be vastly superior because, as I said at the start, Tekken sucks :ohn:

:smk:..

Spong
14-04-11, 09:48
:smk:

You know I'm right ;)

Johnnay
14-04-11, 10:21
You know I'm right ;)

ive played tekken since i was a kid, i love it and i still love it now( and i have loved Nina since forever)

streetfighter is hard for me though, lol

tombraidergale
14-04-11, 11:07

You're right, the point is that I just can't stand SF's combat style :p I tried it, trust me, but I'm hopeless :o
I'm kinda decent at Tekken though, so that will probably be my choice :)

herothing
14-04-11, 11:16
Now all we need is a Tekken X Dead or Alive :)

Legend of Lara
14-04-11, 12:43
That looks way too much like SF4. Nothing to see here...

igonge
14-04-11, 12:47
I prefer Street Fighter to Tekken. It's more fun for me lol

Legend of Lara
14-04-11, 12:49
SF4 was just a deeply unpleasant experience for me.

b0bb13
14-04-11, 14:58
Yegadz, what did the poor Tekken cast do to deserve dem models and animations. :'(

Hot damn, that would be the most amazing non-BlazBlue vs Guilty Gear thing ever. :'D

SF4 was just a deeply unpleasant experience for me.

I wouldn't call my experience with it unpleasant, but definitely amazingly mediocre. SF2HDetc however... that was just terrible in so many ways.

BtoFu
14-04-11, 17:25
Don't worry there'll be 10 more iterations of SSFIV before SxT is released. So they can perfect the balancing. Or y'know just make more dollah. Next up is the Arcade Edition DLC.

I'm just gonna post this cause I thought it was rather awesome.

83nSodg-HTU

Johnnay
14-04-11, 21:55
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/208270_156680397729522_100001626893896_383345_4347 947_n.jpg (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?op=1&view=global&subj=100000832424468&pid=31414132&id=1277687280)

Johnnay
26-04-11, 08:25
http://www.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/f3/cc/1_2223.jpg
http://www.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/15/60/2_1520.jpg
http://www.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/79/9b/3_1506.jpg
http://www.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/d0/09/4_1316.jpg
http://www.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/03/2b/5_1205.jpg
http://www.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/18/e2/6_1133.jpg
http://www.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/fe/5d/7_1022.jpg
http://www.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/8c/da/8_1041.jpg
http://www.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/30/e6/9_879.jpg
http://www.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/ae/56/10_833.jpg

jcmp03051994
26-04-11, 08:45

:tmb:

i love tekken more then street fighter. so i cant wait till we see some gameplay video of tekken X street fighter!!!!!

jajay119
26-04-11, 09:04
I'd much prefer Mortal Kombat X Dead or Alive, the two seem to fit much better. They have similar themes and characters. Plus DOA is always what I imagined MK would be like when it moved to 3D.

BlueJ97
27-05-11, 09:16
sorry for the epic bump but today julia has been confirmed :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skb3enR4LL4&feature=rbl

for E3 they should show lili and karin kanzuki team up against asuka and sakura :P

_Awestruck_
27-05-11, 13:40
Julia was the last person I expected. I like this.

Johnnay
08-09-11, 07:55
sorry for the massive bump

http://i.neoseeker.com/boxshots/R2FtZXMvWGJveF8zNjAvQXJjYWRl/street_fighter_x_tekken_frontcover_large_wWaDZG1ro IV7zhg.jpg

http://www.streetfighter.com/us/sfxtk/

and best of all
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/30/dan-and-anna-knocked-out-of-street-fighter-x-tekkens-final-rost/

Anna is NOT going to be in the game because the developers prefer Nina over her

GO NINA:D

another major game since Tekken 4 has Anna been dropped from:D

Vinkula
08-09-11, 12:35
I'm actually glad Anna is not in that game. Looks awful.

b0bb13
08-09-11, 12:59
SFxT was gross and repulsive enough. Now they're not adding Anna and Dan. Sweet mother of failures and bad fighting games, Capcom.

But I guess it's for the best to leave Anna out of this. The damage they've done to Nina's fabulousness is already too much to bear. Hopefully Lili will be massively absent as well. 3':{
The only good looking character in SFxT is Poison, because she's just that hot. Everyone else just looks disfigured and disgusting.

Johnnay
09-09-11, 01:54
Hopefully Lili will be massively absent as well. 3':{

Guess who this new teaser character is
CiVC9j7r4HY
its Lili

Legend of Lara
09-09-11, 02:00
oh hai Lili

Incidentally, I still don't care about SFxT.

Camera Obscura
09-09-11, 02:33
I'm excited that Rolento is in this game. :tmb: If R.Mika makes the roster (and judging by Zangief's recent confirmation, it seems very possible) then I'm officially pumped for this game. :jmp:

lara_bond
10-09-11, 04:31
The only good looking character in SFxT is Poison, because she's just that hot. Everyone else just looks disfigured and disgusting.

Poison is a transvestite O_o.

I'm not even kidding. Look it up.

Camera Obscura
10-09-11, 05:13

You saying transvestites can't be hot? :ohn:

lara_bond
10-09-11, 15:26
You saying transvestites can't be hot? :ohn:

I didn't say that. She is hot. Just thought everyone should know :D

noonbob
10-09-11, 16:05
I'm somewhat decentish at Tekken, but absolutely rubbish at Street Fighter. I'm more interested in Namco's version as a result. :p

Definately :tmb: i wanna see Namco's !! :)

b0bb13
10-09-11, 16:37
Guess who this new teaser character is
CiVC9j7r4HY
its Lili

Motherfu-! God damn you, Capderp. 3:{

Oh my goodness. I was not aware of that... like, at all. Woahhhh. My mind is blownnnnnn.

GenyaArikado
10-09-11, 16:47

In USA he/she is completly a female. In Japan he/she hasnt gotten the.....final chop(?) yet

lara_bond
10-09-11, 17:00
In USA he/she is completly a female. In Japan he/she hasnt gotten the.....final chop(?) yet

Lol, I'm sure that's how the process goes.

"Please sit down, Poison."

(takes out cleaver)

"You're all done!"

:p

Johnnay
13-09-11, 11:43
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BWwzOL7Y2Xs/Tm87TpYkbYI/AAAAAAAAAEc/JkpjtzFR2kY/s1600/lilli.jpg
http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfxtk/images/character_lili.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-pmrcaa3D-KM/Tm82O1UqndI/AAAAAAAAAD8/J_yEmO2aaFY/s1600/hei1.jpg

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfxtk/images/character_heihachi.jpg

Legend of Lara
13-09-11, 14:09
Lookin' pretty derp there, Lili.
Lookin' pretty d-- dear god Heihachi what did they DO to you!?

Camera Obscura
13-09-11, 20:19
JBJlFHBstZg

Is...is Rufus going to be Zangief's official partner? Oh God, R. Mika must be rolling over in her grave. :(

http://i53.************/97tyzn.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/508/rainbowmika.jpg/

Camera Obscura
14-09-11, 02:36
PPaM55ayBvA

I wasn't interested at all for this game, but each new trailer just makes it look better and better. :tmb:

BlueJ97
16-09-11, 14:46
:cln:

lili

anyone seen this yet ? :p
http://eng.tekkenpedia.com/wiki/images/0/00/Kunimitsu_-_Street_Fighter_X_Tekken.jpg

Legend of Lara
16-09-11, 14:51
Scramble mode actually looks really interesting. And Lili lovelove.

This game still looks too much like SFIV for my tastes.

BlueJ97
16-09-11, 15:03
Scramble mode actually looks really interesting. And Lili lovelove.

This game still looks too much like SFIV for my tastes.
yeah It's the first ( i think ) capcom developed fighting game to have 4 players on the field battling at the same time :D
It's gonna be fun ! :D

lolz same here I wanna wait for the namco one :))

b0bb13
16-09-11, 15:09
Lili sounds soooo familiar, but the voice does not suit her at all. Or her face... dear God, her face. It's almost as bad as her TTT2 face. Dual Modo looks busy and uncomfortable as all hell, but I'm sure it'll provide a smidge of entertainment. Oh, and the way Capcom advertise SF is just so painful and cheesy and lame.

Also, the whole Pandora bizznage is such a blatant ripoff of MK vs DCU's RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaage.

I think that's all I can complain about for now~

Johnnay
26-12-11, 17:39
Asuka is now in the game

Enjoy this clip

Lo6NCjAx1PM

Johnnay
18-01-12, 08:58
New Characters

Xiaoyu, Jin, Law and Paul unvelied from Tekken

M Bison, Vega, Juri and Balrog for the Streetfighter side.
g7EFBSx0U0A

Gameplay Trailer
aknphNc6BjI

TR freak
18-01-12, 15:02
Pacman....SOLD!

Tear
18-01-12, 22:31
Why the hell was Cole McGrath in there..?:confused: So confused right now...

t-raider26
18-01-12, 22:59
He's one of the PS3 exclusive characters.

Tear
18-01-12, 23:02
...There's more exclusive characters than just Cole? And I'm assuming 360 has exclsuive characters as well? :)

Legend of Lara
18-01-12, 23:06
Why the hell was Cole McGrath in there..?:confused: So confused right now...

You're slow. He got announced, like, last E3. :p

Tear
18-01-12, 23:12
I have not kept up to date with this game.:p

I'm interested in it, but I wasn't a fan of Street Fighter 4 so I wasn't looking forward to this.

Though, this looks much better.:D

Legend of Lara
18-01-12, 23:15
I'm not really interested in this, personally. It looks way too much like SF4 and I... do not like SF4, to say the very least. :pi:

BeautifulMan
04-03-12, 22:54
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Capcom-Gets-Busted-Disc-DLC-Discovered-Street-Fighter-X-Tekken-40114.html

who saw this coming? :ton:

Legend of Lara
04-03-12, 23:00
Oh, Capcom. You silly, silly bunch of idiots. <3

t-raider26
06-03-12, 03:22
Who cares?! Capcom's idiocy has confirmed the fact that Christie will be in the game! Definitely buying it now.

voltz
06-03-12, 05:53
So they're all on the disk.... let's have a big panic attack that we're going to cough up another $15-30 for them.

t-raider26
06-03-12, 17:34
Some Christie and Elena gameplay :3

gOT93L1Ibjg

Shark_Blade
22-03-12, 01:19
I've played this game and was absolutely gobsmacked by how good it is. :eek:

I thought it's going to be a cheap cash in like Mortal Kombat vs DC Unvierse, but no, it's a very decent fighting game.

My favorite team is Poison and Chun Li. I love how some stages has a new place the fighters can go to for the second round.

http://i.imgur.com/SI3ds.jpg