PDA

View Full Version : Sly Collection

ClankDaxter
30-07-10, 12:42
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/5042/83807004.jpg

watch/v/0jiMBnzi0P4

The Sly Collection is a remastered port of Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, Sly 2: Band of Thieves and Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves for the PlayStation 3 on a single Blu-ray Disc, and will release in November 2010. The original games were developed by Sucker Punch Productions while the port will be handled by Sanzaru Games and will be published by Sony Computer Entertainment. The Sly Collection is the second remastered collection of PlayStation 2 games with the first being God of War Collection. The game was unveiled at the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2010 and will update the graphics, including support for the new 3D capabilities of the PlayStation 3, new mini-games that can be played only using the PlayStation Move and additional title supports such as Trophies.
This is one of the best news I've had! I've loved this series in PS2, and since my PS2 is broken I never got the time to play them again. Also, I've never played the first Sly Cooper game. And now I got the chance to play them all now :jmp:

Catracoth
30-07-10, 12:51
I was never a fan of the original. My father bought it for me when I was younger and didn't really like the atmosphere.

Paddy
30-07-10, 12:53
Second and third games are awesome.

Carbonek_0051
30-07-10, 12:54
When I get a PS3 this is definitely going to be one of the first games I get for it. I loved all 3 games, but sadly never got to beat any of them.

Vinkula
30-07-10, 12:56
I am getting it :D I have to buy this, because I love the series.

Alex Fly
30-07-10, 14:24
I will getting this for sure as well ! :tmb:

Shark_Blade
30-07-10, 15:18
Wow! Definitely getting them for the HD content! :cln: I LOVE the third one the most (especially the 2 player mode - Cop & Thief), followed by the second one.

Any quality games to be ported for HD ala God of War Collection is welcomed in my book. Reminds me to get the Shadow of Colossus + ICO collection.

Legend of Lara
30-07-10, 15:23
Really looking forward to this. I may have beaten Sly 3 multiple times, but my Sly 2 copy stops working after the Prague opening cinematic and I've never even played Sly 1.

The first two games + Trophies = Sold!

scremanie
30-07-10, 15:26
read this in Game Informer. Cant wait! I love the series! I hunted down the first, but cant play it sadly :( it's sitting in my draw. I will definitely buy this. And the new one that Sly is in where he teams up with Ratchet and Jak.

b0bb13
30-07-10, 15:27
Never played any of the Sly games, so I'm very glad they're doing this. And the amount of trophies is so satisfying. XD
I hope they'll do this to R&C and Jak & Daxter too. =D

michaeldt
30-07-10, 15:31
never played a sly cooper game, I will probably get this, but most likely long after its release, Demon's Souls was released months ago and I'm still saving up the money to get it :( then when I went to the shop they sold out so I got God of War 3 instead

Shark_Blade
30-07-10, 16:10
And the new one that Sly is in where he teams up with Ratchet and Jak.What? :confused:

Legend of Lara
30-07-10, 16:11
What? :confused:

Heroes on the Move.

ClankDaxter
30-07-10, 19:04
What? :confused:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=171179 :tmb:

I'm sad they've only showed Sly3 Footage. I want to see how Sly 2 looks like. It's the first Sly game I got and I love it. 2 months I spent playing on Paris because in the Mission where you have to still the keys from the guards, in the theatre, I was always afraid to get caught and fail. So I stole the first key and then I would get away from the theatre. Eventually I stoped playing for some time until a friend of mine did it for. After that I've always assembled that game as the perfect Sly game. Sly 3 was fun but it didn't gave me the same feel Sly 2 gave.

I'm really excited to play Sly 1 :jmp:

Wonder what kind of trophies there will be.

da tomb raider!
30-07-10, 21:50
Those trophies sound mighty tempting, but I think I'll hold out and get my pus-covered hands on the original games for the PS2, instead.

Legend of Lara
30-07-10, 22:21
Those trophies sound mighty tempting, but I think I'll hold out and get my pus-covered hands on the original games for the PS2, instead.

That won't be easy. They're not exactly commonplace these days.

da tomb raider!
30-07-10, 23:40
That won't be easy. They're not exactly commonplace these days.

True, but if I can't get them in the usual shops, then I'm sure there's plenty of copies available on good old eBay. I just need to scrape together enough money to buy them...

TombRaiderLover
30-07-10, 23:51
This will be receiving a release in the UK, right?

If so, I'll be buying it. I think the original game is brilliant, though I've not played the sequels.

Shark_Blade
31-07-10, 00:56
Heroes on the Move.

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=171179 :tmb::eek: Thanks guys!:cln::jmp:

Ceamonks890
31-07-10, 04:24
A Sly Cooper collection!:jmp: With this being released, it could be a sign that there could be another Sly game coming out in the near future since the God of War collection was made to excite people for God of War 3 and the ICO and Shadow of the Collossus collection is being made because a third game is in development. So who knows?

I hope they do the same for Jak and Ratchet too.

tranniversary119
31-07-10, 04:26
I remember renting one of the games a long time ago. I'm pretty sure I liked it, so maybe I'll pick this up.

WCookie
31-07-10, 04:27
Sly II was my favourite, followed by Sly III, might get this one to get the missing first game :D

michaeldt
31-07-10, 04:30
True, but if I can't get them in the usual shops, then I'm sure there's plenty of copies available on good old eBay. I just need to scrape together enough money to buy them...

but why would you want the PS2 releases if they have been remastered, have trophies and in HD on PS3? :confused:

Raider4Ever96
31-07-10, 05:38
I cant wait to get my hands on this!! I've played them all many times!:D

da tomb raider!
31-07-10, 13:07
but why would you want the PS2 releases if they have been remastered, have trophies and in HD on PS3? :confused:

I suppose I just want the original versions as opposed to a re-release. Besides, HD graphics and whatnot really don't interest me, and on top of that, my PS3 is considerably less reliable than my PS2, so I'd rather not use it to play games that I can play on the PS2 instead.

Trigger_happy
31-07-10, 16:45
I've never played the Sly games before, but I've only heard brilliant things of them! I'm definitely gonna get this when it comes out.

igonge
31-07-10, 23:32
Can't wait for this!

ClankDaxter
06-08-10, 17:39
New Gameplay footage

watch/v/7u6-UTvkxW4

Wonde why they are only showing Sly 3 images!

igonge
06-08-10, 17:43
I looked a the Sly page on wikipedia last night and somebody edited it and messed up the page and replaced certain words with profanities. It's fine now though.

ClankDaxter
06-08-10, 17:47
I looked a the Sly page on wikipedia last night and somebody edited it and messed up the page and replaced certain words with profanities. It's fine now though.

Really sad :(
What kinds of things they said?

remote91
06-08-10, 17:48
Want do.

igonge
06-08-10, 17:51
Really sad :(
What kinds of things they said?

The didn't say much. They just screwed up the layout and changed the names of things to swear words. Someone has fixed it up now.

TR FAN 18
06-08-10, 17:55
Other than HD graphics, is there anything that's different to the PS2 games?

ClankDaxter
06-08-10, 17:58
Other than HD graphics, is there anything that's different to the PS2 games?

Yes! There will be some addictions (don't ask what they haven't revealed much)... Perhaps more multiplayer games (these might be online)... Maybe the multiplayer from Sly 3 in the environments of Sly 2 and Sly Cooper.

There will also be compability with PS Move (I've heard it's only in some mini-games but not sure about that)

Well, that's all I know!

TR FAN 18
06-08-10, 18:00
Ah, cool. Online multiplayer sounds awesome! Too bad I still haven't got a PS3 yet. :(

ClankDaxter
06-08-10, 18:10
Ah, cool. Online multiplayer sounds awesome! Too bad I still haven't got a PS3 yet. :(

I'm not sure if there will be Online multiplayer or not! It's just a guess... But I hope it does! It would be nice to have a team of Thiefs VS Thiefs. A get the treasure game where one team has to get the Treasure and take it to the safehouse...

igonge
06-08-10, 18:17
Online would be really great!

Legend of Lara
06-08-10, 18:28
Yes! There will be some addictions (don't ask what they haven't revealed much)... Perhaps more multiplayer games (these might be online)... Maybe the multiplayer from Sly 3 in the environments of Sly 2 and Sly Cooper.

There will also be compability with PS Move (I've heard it's only in some mini-games but not sure about that)

Well, that's all I know!

And Trophies!

ClankDaxter
06-08-10, 19:37
And Trophies!

Yes, I forgot that ;) Thanks!

Tommy123
06-08-10, 21:37
I love the sly series! Played em all multiple times as a kid. I might consider getting this and hopfully one day they will return to the series and make sly 4

igonge
06-08-10, 23:43
Do you think they're releasing this to round up a bigger fan base for a potential Sly 4?

Tommy123
06-08-10, 23:46
We can only hope.

I think after Infamous 2 they might return.

igonge
06-08-10, 23:54
I really hope so. I'll buy this to show my support.

Vinkula
07-08-10, 06:26
I've sended post to the Sucker Punch about Sly 4. They said that they might come back to the Sly 4 but it's uncertain. :)

oocladableeblah
07-08-10, 08:01
They better make a Sly 4 especially with the hints in the first inFamous. Come on you can't just drop something like the sly symbol on Cole's backpack and put Sly 4 as a movie in the theater and not. That would just be a huge tease and just mean heh.

I really hope they do :p

I am definitely buying the Sly Collection, just to support them and Sly, and play it in HD.

ClankDaxter
07-08-10, 11:41
Not just the "Sly 4" movie but also the "Honor among Thieves" movie from Sly 3 in inFamous. It's another hint to Sly 4. And they kept the Sly symbol in Cole's backpack in inFamous 2.

trlestew
07-08-10, 12:46
Those are just easter eggs, kinda like why there was one of those orbs from Jak and Daxter in Uncharted and Uncharted 2.

I'll pick this up when it releases. Never played ANY of them, but I like a good platformer :)

ClankDaxter
07-08-10, 14:11
Those are just easter eggs, kinda like why there was one of those orbs from Jak and Daxter in Uncharted and Uncharted 2.

I'll pick this up when it releases. Never played ANY of them, but I like a good platformer :)

So? Sometimes Easter Eggs are hints to a possible new game. And Sucker Punch already said that they might do a Sly 4 (even though this has been up for about 3 years or so)

Vinkula
07-08-10, 15:56
So? Sometimes Easter Eggs are hints to a possible new game. And Sucker Punch already said that they might do a Sly 4 (even though this has been up for about 3 years or so)

Sometimes, yes.

lara c. fan
07-08-10, 17:08
)

I have to find those :p

I might get this. Never did get the chance to play any Sly games before.

Ceamonks890
20-11-10, 20:01
Sorry for bumping, but now that the Sly collection is out, does anyone know if the PS2 cheats for Sly 2 and 3 still work on the PS3 versions?

ClankDaxter
20-11-10, 22:48
I have no idea! I did not even knew there where cheats in the PS2 version, as far as I emember xD But probably there won't be :/

Shark_Blade
21-11-10, 01:34
This is also out? Really? *rushes to check*

Ceamonks890
21-11-10, 02:22
Never mind ClankDaxter, I found that the Sly Collection still has all the PS2 cheats for Sly 2 and 3.

The cheats for Sly 2 are level/mission skip cheats, and 3 unlockable gadget cheats that you can't get through ThiefNet for Sly. These are TOM(which is a robot that distracts guards while Sly runs away to safety) and Time Rush(which speeds up everything in game, like how Sly has a gadget to slow down time(can't remember the name), and a cheat to allow you to use the Mega Jump gadget in any level. The last cheat only works if you complete the game 100%.

The cheats for Sly 3 was an alternate look on the plane(the cheat is called Toonami Plane) and level/mission skip cheats.

Here's the Sly 2 unlockable gadget cheats:
TOM- LEFT, LEFT, DOWN, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT
Time Rush Ability- DOWN, DOWN, UP, DOWN, RIGHT, LEFT
Mega Jump Gadget- Get 100% completion of the game, pause the game, and enter RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, R1, LEFT.

Here's the Sly 3 'Toonami' Plane cheat:
While flying the biplane in one of the single player missions, pause the game, and press R1, R1, RIGHT, DOWN, DOWN, RIGHT, then resume game to see the changes.

The level/mission skip cheats can be found on any cheating site. Just search Sly 2 or Sly 3 PS2 cheats and you'll find all the cheats there:D