PDA

View Full Version : Heroes on the Move

ClankDaxter
30-07-10, 12:51
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9337/heroesonthemove.png
watch/v/1PI9ShG-ZTY

Together for the first time, six of Sony’s biggest heroes team up to defeat a mysterious duo in an all new intergalactic adventure.

Heroes on the Move™ brings three iconic franchises together for the first time in an out of this world intergalactic adventure. Players will test their skills in a host of new and exciting challenges against fiendishly mysterious new adversaries!

Explore familiar landscapes from the smash hit franchises Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, and Sly Cooper ripped apart and rebuilt for PlayStation Move Motion Controller mayhem. Take a hold of a whole new arsenal of super powered weapons as you Smash, Hurl, and Shoot your way to freedom!

Key Features

-Get ready for a PlayStation Move Motion Controller adventure like no other. Six legendary heroes join forces to defeat galactic predators so fiendish that It will take all of their combined cunning and skill to vanquish them.
-Mix and match your favorite characters including Ratchet, Clank, Jak, Daxter, Sly, and Bentley to create your own super squad of PlayStation Heroes. After an evil force has stolen entire chunks of the hero's home worlds and enslaved a race of peaceful space creatures, the heroes find themselves locked in a struggle for their survival.
-Take a hold of a whole new arsenal of super powered weapons as you Smash, Hurl, and Shoot your way to freedom!
-Team together with a friend in 2 player co-op mode as you work together to defeat these new villainous foes.

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/9549/e3heroesonthemove.png

Appears to be an interesting cross-over!

dcw123
30-07-10, 13:39
Yay! I love the Rachet and Clank series.
Never played Sly Cooper or Jak and Daxter, though I played 'Daxter' on PSP.

Playstation Move .. what a Wii rip-off haha ... So will this game work with just the PS3 controller or does it NEED the Move one aswell?

Alex Fly
30-07-10, 14:21
I keep my eye on it since it has been announced. Definitely a must buy for me ! :tmb:

RockSteady101
30-07-10, 14:29
Aw, no Crash or Spyro?

b0bb13
30-07-10, 15:18
Very excited for this. The main reason I'm getting Move. :D
Can't wait for more details.

Aw, no Crash or Spyro?

They're probably going to appear as non-playable characters, or maybe costumes. Sony doesn't even own them anymore, I think...

Crash192
30-07-10, 15:41
Naww Sony doesn't own them if they did all of there games in the last few years would of been PSP/PS2/PS3 only games instead of being on other systems anyway since I don't have a PS3 (yet XD) I won't really keep a close eye on this but it's sounds and looks an awesome idea though not seen Sly Cooper in ages nice to see he back in games again it would be cool if Crash was in the game then it give me a reason to keep an eye out for it =).

It looks really fun and graphics look really good :), I would count out a PS3 controller now since the title is Heroes on the Move so title gives it away it's PSMove controller only so those hoping for an PS3 controller option you may be out of luck

Legend of Lara
30-07-10, 15:48
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihilistic_Software

Marvel Nemesis? Conan? I don't know about this...

dcw123
30-07-10, 17:08
Naww Sony doesn't own them if they did all of there games in the last few years would of been PSP/PS2/PS3 only games instead of being on other systems anyway since I don't have a PS3 (yet XD) I won't really keep a close eye on this but it's sounds and looks an awesome idea though not seen Sly Cooper in ages nice to see he back in games again it would be cool if Crash was in the game then it give me a reason to keep an eye out for it =).

It looks really fun and graphics look really good :), I would count out a PS3 controller now since the title is Heroes on the Move so title gives it away it's PSMove controller only so those hoping for an PS3 controller option you may be out of luck

Crash sucks now lol .. only if they brought his older self back (as in Wrath Of Cortex) Liked his newer look in Twinsanity, but the baby voice is horrid.

Ratchet is looking smexier than ever in that banner pic tehehe :p

Carbonek_0051
30-07-10, 17:37
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihilistic_Software

Marvel Nemesis? Conan? I don't know about this...

Neither of those games were horrible, they were actually really good. They just had a few flaws.

ClankDaxter
30-07-10, 19:06
I hope there are unlockable characters

Super Badnik
30-07-10, 19:20
3 Iconic franchises? I've only ever played one of them (thanks to a friend having the orginal Rachet & Clank) but apart from that I barely know these games at all and they seem pretty obscure. Sony really should have done this 10+ years agao when they had Crash and Spyro.

EDIT: After watching the trailer it actually dosen't look very good at all. I'm guessing this is gonna be like the Super Smash Bros. franchise, relying on fans of the combined series to get sales and recognition.

Legend of Lara
30-07-10, 19:23
3 Iconic franchises? I've only ever played one of them (thanks to a friend having the orginal Rachet & Clank) but apart from that I barely know these games at all and they seem pretty obscure. Sony really should have done this 10+ years agao when they had Crash and Spyro.

They may not be iconic, but they're far from obscure.

interstellardave
30-07-10, 19:28
I'm cautiously skeptical. This could be a huge flop, considering that most popular series (see the aforementioned Crash) wind up failing when taken over by a new studio. Some, like Sonic, fail over time for who knows what reason. Here we have 3 great franchises all mashed together into one game being made by a developer that wasn't responsible for the creation of any of them!

I'm sure this idea sounds great to the salesmen over at Sony but, to a gamer like me, it seems very much like a big budget movie full of star power that fails under its own weight.

Super Badnik
30-07-10, 19:28
They may not be iconic, but they're far from obscure.I dunno, think about the franchises we've got around today and these ones are pretty far down the list, maybe less so Rachet & Clank, but even that hasn't really taken off.

Ceamonks890
31-07-10, 04:06
Wow! This looks good! Personally, I've wanted Ratchet and Jak to have a crossover for a while, and Sly just makes it even more awesome for me. I do agree with Super Badnik though, that Sony should have done this years ago when they had Crash and Spyro(who are both owned by Activision) and Lara(Yes, Lara was a Sony exculsive[PC version doesn't count] until Crystal got the rights from Core and made it multiplatform.)

I do hope that Sony include more than just characters from Jak, Sly and Ratchet. Why not:

God of War?
Uncharted?
INFamous?
LittleBigPlanet:o?

Man, I wish I had a PS3:(

WCookie
31-07-10, 04:23
It has Sly Cooper in it? :eek:
Definitely a must play :jmp:

ClankDaxter
31-07-10, 12:11
God of War?
Uncharted?
INFamous?
LittleBigPlanet:o?

Man, I wish I had a PS3:(

I doubt any of those, besides LittleBigPlanet, would look good with the other guys. But then again, Sackboy has multiple faces. Unless they use the default model. But then there should be a second sackboy:(

Alex Fly
31-07-10, 12:27
I agree. They can't include characters such as Kratos, Cole from inFamous, Nathan Drake no matter how much I'd love to see them as well because they wouldn't match with the cartoony look and design of the game. They could do a more cartoony version of them for the game eventually (like they did for Modnation Racers for example) but it wouldn't be exactly the same characters if they would look different.

For Sackboy, they could consider him. Effectively he'd look good in this universe.

But well we never know, they might release some DLC later including new characters to be used in the game. ;)

igonge
31-07-10, 23:48
Screw this game! I want a PlayStation Heroes Kart Racing! :cln:

Squishing Nate into a little kart lol.

ClankDaxter
01-08-10, 12:22
Screw this game! I want a PlayStation Heroes Kart Racing! :cln:

Squishing Nate into a little kart lol.

ModNationRacers :wve: You can create your own Nathan Drake there. Actually, I guess there is already one. Doesn't look exactly as the Uncharted game model but it resembles him.

dcw123
01-08-10, 15:11

EDIT: After watching the trailer it actually dosen't look very good at all. I'm guessing this is gonna be like the Super Smash Bros. franchise, relying on fans of the combined series to get sales and recognition.

I guess you haven;t played Crash Purple and Spyro Orange on GBA then?
These were crossovers where Crash was in Spyro's universe and Spyro in Crash's.. Only played Crash's game though but was .. different.

igonge
01-08-10, 16:56
ModNationRacers :wve: You can create your own Nathan Drake there. Actually, I guess there is already one. Doesn't look exactly as the Uncharted game model but it resembles him.

No no no! I want a proper no charicatured game! Tiny little karts with the real models squishing into them :p

Super Badnik
01-08-10, 17:13
I guess you haven;t played Crash Purple and Spyro Orange on GBA then?
These were crossovers where Crash was in Spyro's universe and Spyro in Crash's.. Only played Crash's game though but was .. different.I think I had the Spyro one. I believe that had nothing to do with Sony (being on GBA) and I seem to remember it being pretty mediocure, although I can't remember it very well now.

just croft
01-08-10, 17:20

I have to agree with this... Are these franchises still arround?

igonge
01-08-10, 17:22
I have to agree with this... Are these franchises still arround?

Yup, they are still very much alive.

oocladableeblah
01-08-10, 20:07
I am excited for this game and am gonna get it just for the mere fact that it has all my favorite video game character in one game (well besides Lara :p), but I don't like the way Ratchet and Sly look. They look just weird and different in a bad way, Ratchets eyes and eyebrows are what look weird, and Sly's whole face just looks bad. They just don't look the same when you compare them to their actual game franchise, but that wont stop me from playing it.

Hopefully it is good :D I can't wait.

ClankDaxter
01-08-10, 21:57
OMG I just thought they could add Sora and Mickey from KH. It would fit so well!

TerraCreek
02-08-10, 00:25
Awe, so disapointed! That doesn't look like Jak and Daxter. Since when has Daxter done anything except ride missles and silo-tracks? xD I love them to death! I hope they get another arch, there are too many loose ends from Jak 3. Must know if Jak is Mar! D:

And Daxter's supposed to have pants...xD I guess they forgot about that. So I suppose this is kinda like a play the game don't really understand the character game, like racing games? GOOD! Don't kill Jak and Daxter

Though Jak looks awesome! I LOVE IT! Now stick that in a game by Naughty Dog and it'll be fabulous! Looks like they molded Jak 2 clothes onto the Jak 3 model. Much better than The Lost Frontier and High Impact Games did! He was sooo ugly!

oocladableeblah
02-08-10, 00:42
Awe, so disapointed! That doesn't look like Jak and Daxter. Since when has Daxter done anything except ride missles and silo-tracks? xD I love them to death! I hope they get another arch, there are too many loose ends from Jak 3. Must know if Jak is Mar! D:

And Daxter's supposed to have pants...xD I guess they forgot about that. So I suppose this is kinda like a play the game don't really understand the character game, like racing games? GOOD! Don't kill Jak and Daxter

Though Jak looks awesome! I LOVE IT! Now stick that in a game by Naughty Dog and it'll be fabulous! Looks like they molded Jak 2 clothes onto the Jak 3 model. Much better than The Lost Frontier and High Impact Games did! He was sooo ugly!
Daxter didn't have pants in the first 3 games.
I do agree that Jak looked better in Jak 2 and 3 haha

Vinkula
02-08-10, 08:17
OMG Sly and Bentley in it?? Gotta buy when this comes out! I love Sly Cooper series! :)

ClankDaxter
02-08-10, 16:06
Daxter didn't have pants in the first 3 games.
I do agree that Jak looked better in Jak 2 and 3 haha

He recieved pants from the percursors in the third game :confused:

Jak is just like in Jak 2 and 3 but with the outfit from Jak 1. I think it's a really good combo!

Legend of Lara
02-08-10, 16:07
He recieved pants from the percursors in the third game :confused:

Jak is just like in Jak 2 and 3 but with the outfit from Jak 1. I think it's a really good combo!

Yeah, at the very end. And Jak seems to looks exactly like he did in Jak 3...

ClankDaxter
02-08-10, 16:57
Yeah, at the very end. And Jak seems to looks exactly like he did in Jak 3...

Yes, but with the first game outfit look at it. Ohh wait! No your right! I just am used to the armor. Anyway! I would love for him to wear Jak 2 outfit again! I loved that one!

Well, Clank is also not wearing the Agent Clank outfit! And Daxter has had many other outfits. Maybe they'll come as unlockables!