PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War Series Thread

Carbonek_0051
01-08-10, 17:35
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/BlooKuKazoo/Gears-Of-War-Cog-Logo-psd23745.png
Gears of War is a third-person shooter video game franchise created and owned by Epic Games and published by Microsoft Studios. The three games that currently make up the series take place on the fictional planet Sera and focus on a war between humans and creatures known as Locust. In Gears of War, the protagonist Marcus Fenix, a soldier or "Gear" in the Coalition of Ordered Governments, leads his squad on a mission to deploy the Lightmass bomb and destroy the Locust Horde in their underground strongholds.

The sequel Gears of War 2 takes place six months after the events of the first game, and follows Delta Squad and the COG army as it launches an assault directly against the Hollow in an effort to end the war.

Gears of War 3 takes place 2 years after the sinking of Jacinto in Gears 2. With the COG army disbanded, the remnant must band together to survive against a new threat, the Lambent.

On January 18, 2012, Epic announced a spin-off for the series, Gears of War: Exile. It was going to be for the Kinect but was cancelled in April 2012.

On May 31, it was announced that a new Gears of War will be revealed at E3 2012. On June 1, Game Informer revealed the title of the new game to be Gears of War: Judgment.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/BlooKuKazoo/256px-Gears_of_War.png

voOX7vCjOCo

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/BlooKuKazoo/256px-Gow2_offbox.jpg

aVmnoBM4tCQ

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/dc/Gears_of_War_3_box_artwork.png

H6v4LMIcPec

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51f2DIrTxxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

3Md7eQqDW8s

BoyTRaider
01-08-10, 21:24
Definitely one of my favorite series on the Xbox. I'm super excited for Gears 3! :jmp:

Catracoth
01-08-10, 21:30
I could never really get into these games. I thought they were fun when I was younger playing the first with my brother via multiplayer, but now I can't even play the games without yawning. Not my sort of game I guess :o.

Melonie Tomb Raider
01-08-10, 21:32
So stoked for the third one. Gears is among my favorite titles ever. :D

Antonio
01-08-10, 22:26
This is gonna sound funny, to me Gears is like a love in first sight. Usually in every game when I see it, I'm think twice, but this one I never doubted. I never had a chance play the second one, hopefully I will and I'm excited for third Gears.:D

Paddy
03-08-10, 01:07
Id also like to play each game co-op online if anyones keen one day?
I loved both games, 2 was better though.

Carbonek_0051
03-08-10, 03:30
Id also like to play each game co-op online if anyones keen one day?

Sure, I'll let you know. I am replaying the first on Hardcore difficulty and I need some help. :p

Paddy
03-08-10, 03:38
Sure, I'll let you know. I am replaying the first on Hardcore difficulty and I need some help. :p
Ive only ever finished on easy so I might be just as bad :p need to practice a fair bit.

Antonio
03-12-10, 17:31
Sorry for bumping this thread with no reason, if is well..... there is GoW3 multiplayer beta is coming featuring dedicated servers (http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/10/gears-of-war-3-beta/) and I'm soooo excited.:jmp: I know it's old news.:pi:

The reason I bump this thread I need a help. I bought GoW2 Game of the Year Edition and I having problem with DLC. I have redeem a code 48 hours gold trial and "All Fronts Collection". The code of 48 hours is accepted, but DLC not. When I redeem a code is said "The code cannot be redeemed because the offer is not available in your region, or the offer has expired.". I bought this game in my country gaming store. I have also noticed some of DLC can't buy if I'm not from USA. I just can't understand why I can't download it and why the hack they sold me a edition if is not working.

KC Mraz
01-05-11, 23:22
I want to think bumping this thread is better than creating new one. That's good? Good.

ANYWAYS... I've been playing the Gears 3 beta and it's fantastic. My only gripe is that the Sawed-Off gun isvery annoying. If the enemy is near you kill him with with one single shot but it only has ammo for 3 shots, so I always get killed with it and yet I miss people when I try to shoot them.

Is anybody else playing it? It will be available for two more weeks, after that I'll go back to Gears 2.

Carbonek_0051
01-05-11, 23:34
I hate you, I want to play Beta so bad. ;____;

I still need to beat GoW2. :hea:

MangelinaJolie
01-05-11, 23:45
Just throw 5 dollars down on the third game at Gamestop and get the beta! You could always transfer the money to a different pre-order after that. :p It's actually pretty fun. I'm enjoying it despite the minor frustrations... including how my sawed-off tends to miss at point blank range sometimes as well.

Gladous
02-05-11, 02:17
Just throw 5 dollars down on the third game at Gamestop and get the beta! You could always transfer the money to a different pre-order after that. :p It's actually pretty fun. I'm enjoying it despite the minor frustrations... including how my sawed-off tends to miss at point blank range sometimes as well.

...and when people chainsaw you over and over again. :p

I LOVE GoW 3! It's amazing! I'm so glad I preordered! :jmp:

Carbonek_0051
15-05-11, 01:59
So I finally played Beta the other day (Thanks again KC <3), and I loved it. I honestly didn't like MP in the other Gears outside of co-op, but this is just a blast! I can't wait for the full game to be released. :D I am going to play some more in a bit.

Also the graphics look awesome! :)

MangelinaJolie
09-06-11, 19:58
I know there aren't many Gears fans here, but I figured I'd post this anyway. Can't wait for this, looks like SO much fun!

Y48PcwGx40w

Claudia Black at :55... :mis:

TRDaz
13-08-11, 19:11
Is this thread active? Anyway I take Screenshots in Gears Of War 2 when I die like in multiplayer practice, but I cant get them off my 360 and onto the computer to put into the General InGame Screenshot thread. How do I do it?

MangelinaJolie
13-08-11, 20:13
I'm not sure if you can, unfortunately. :( I think they're only viewable and accessible from the menus.

TRDaz
13-08-11, 20:38
I'm not sure if you can, unfortunately. :( I think they're only viewable and accessible from the menus.
:( Oh well... Ill be getting a Steam account for games soon anyway.

Carbonek_0051
20-08-11, 10:06
Epic Talks About the Future for Gears, Details Gears 3

Hot on the heels of a media blowout that delivered a slew of new images and footage from Gears of War 3, last night’s GTTV took viewers to Raleigh, N.C. where the gang from Epic Games showcased new footage from the game’s second chapter and delivered insight into the final Delta Squad game. From info on the Siege Beast, a turkey- like, disgusting creature that can be used by players like a medieval siege device to Gas Barges, a blimp that is an actual living creature , and even the return of the Queen, Gears fans got plenty of details and footage to tide them over until the game ships on September 20, 2011.

Of course, once that day comes and goes, the big questions is “What’s next?” for Gears? Host Geoff Keighley went one-on-one with Epic’s Cliff Bleszinski to discuss the franchise’s future while also unveiling a bit of the past – specifically an Epic title from way back in 1998 that never saw the light of day entitled Overfiend which was described by Bleszinksi as a “DOOM meets Anime” hybrid set within a futuristic, alien-invested New York. You can see exclusive concept art for the title inside the episode.

So, check out last night’s GTTV right here to get the low-down on all things Gears and get some insight into what the future (and past) looks like for Epic Games and the Gears of War franchise. For all of the latest videos pertaining to the game, just head here.

[Source] (http://www.gametrailers.com/news/epic-talks-about-the-future/3779)

God damn it all. I still need to beat Gears 2. Guess that's what I am spending my weekend doing, and I totally didn't realize GoW3 was out next month. Looks like more games shall be put on hold, I need GoW3. :(

Carbonek_0051
20-08-11, 23:11
Apologies for the double post.

Campaign Preview (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/campaign-preview-gears-of-war/719503)

It looks really good. I like that we are going to be playing other characters besides Marcus now. I really wish this forums had more Gears fans, but it's so anti-shooter (unless it's Uncharted). *sigh*

MangelinaJolie
21-08-11, 02:43
I love Gears. :) I mean, my Gamertag is now in pure reference to the Locust Queen...

Anyway, if you have gold and would like to play co-op or anything let me know. I wouldn't mind playing.

Carbonek_0051
21-08-11, 02:46
I don't have Gold at the moment, but plan on buying it when I get paid or when GoW3 comes out. But I definitely would love to play with you, I've had you on XBL forever and we never even got to play anything. :p

And yeah, me, you, and like 4 others are the only Gears fans here. Like I said, this forum is very anti-shooter and it kind of sucks. But oh well. xD

MangelinaJolie
21-08-11, 02:50
Okay. :D Just let me know whenever. When Gears 3 is out it's about all I'm going to be playing besides Dead Island.

I actually didn't get into the series until I bought the second. It's a pretty big improvement over the first, but the third looks like they just perfected it. :p

Carbonek_0051
21-08-11, 02:53
Gears is what is going to be holding me over until Dark Souls & Batman, so I will be playing it quite a lot too. :p

The original I played with my brother when it first came out, so it sort of has sentimental value to it. So when the second game came out I bought it right away, it's definitely an improvement. I just keep getting distracted and have yet to beat it. I got a little further today and was fighting the Sires for the first time. That whole level's atmosphere is incredible! :D The "puzzles" with the security turrets were pretty cool too.

SoupCard
21-08-11, 04:04
Oh man next month? I had no idea!

Carbonek_0051
21-08-11, 04:06
Neither did I, I found out two days ago. :p

I need to update the post a bit, will do so after I eat. :D

SoupCard
21-08-11, 04:25
I need to get on pre-ordering the game from Walmart, I want that savage grenadier.

Samsdad
21-08-11, 16:44
Hear is the opening cutscene

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/08/20/gears-cutscene.aspx

Gladous
21-08-11, 18:56
Hear is the opening cutscene

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/08/20/gears-cutscene.aspx

I'm going to try not to watch that. :3

Once it comes out, I'm going to have an all nighter before my birthday. :p

MangelinaJolie
15-09-11, 20:49
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/gears-of-war-3/critic-reviews

Only a few more days to go! :yah:

Dia2blo
15-09-11, 23:48
The reviews coming in are pretty damned positive. I've only seen 9s and 10s thus far!

SkyPuppy
23-09-11, 21:43
chi~ this needs a bump, me thinks.

so! i have been playing the crap out of this, as you can tell from my post in the "What game are you playing?" thread. :p it's funny, like, i never saw myself as being a fan of the game, because back then i wasn't so interested in the other two, but now... i just love it. i think i'll eventually pick up the first two.

MangelinaJolie
23-09-11, 22:41
^ Glad to hear you're enjoying it, I saw you playing it and was hoping you were. :p

Most of my time with it has been spent in the multiplayer, since there's three of us who are doing campaign together and we're only ever there at the same time in the evenings. One of the others doesn't want to even do anything but campaign til we're finished, so she's missing out a bit. I'm not worried though, it's a good pacing to go through the campaign that way, as interested as I am in what happens next.

I'm at level 43. Civilian Anya in two levels. :yah:

SkyPuppy
23-09-11, 22:55
^ Glad to hear you're enjoying it, I saw you playing it and was hoping you were. :p

Most of my time with it has been spent in the multiplayer, since there's three of us who are doing campaign together and we're only ever there at the same time in the evenings. One of the others doesn't want to even do anything but campaign til we're finished, so she's missing out a bit. I'm not worried though, it's a good pacing to go through the campaign that way, as interested as I am in what happens next.

I'm at level 43. Civilian Anya in two levels. :yah:

^_^ it's like an addiction.

lucky! i wish one of my friends was actually willing to re-do the campaign, but since they pulled an all nighter and finished it, they are pretty much burnt out. they said they'll probably play it in a week, so it's pretty much been multiplayer only for me, which i don't mind.

oh, god, i love Anya so much. :'D

Carbonek_0051
24-09-11, 02:02
I am still playing the second one, very slowly, getting ready for when I get 3. I am stuck on that stupid giant ass fish thing. PAIN IN MY ASS! -_-

SkyPuppy
24-09-11, 02:06
^ there's a giant ass fish thing? @_@ that sounds... awesome. xD

Carbonek_0051
24-09-11, 02:06
You didn't play the second game? :p

SkyPuppy
24-09-11, 02:07
You didn't play the second game? :p

no. ;_; i want to, though.

TRDaz
24-09-11, 13:07
This game seems longer than the other two, Im on Act 1: Chapter 3, its either the game is longer or I am going too slow :vlol:

Anyway I'm loving it, Im playing as 'The Cole Train' atm, all the characters look super awesome... especially Anya :cln:

Lara's Nemesis
24-09-11, 23:26
Finished the campaign for GOW3 earlier. Thought it was really well done and there was a good mix of locations. Good fun overall and the graphics were very good.

Downside was that the AI maybe let it down a bit, your teammates were pretty good but the enemy were pretty dumb at times.

Think the 8/10 CliffyB (silly name really:D) was so upset about was a fair score.

TRDaz
25-09-11, 08:48
Ive seen the Locust shooting Dom while I am standing right next to it, that gave me an opportunity to slice it in half :p They are pretty dumb from what Ive seen :p

SkyPuppy
25-09-11, 09:46
Beast mode seems to be my new favorite. i LOVE using the ticker so much, and i can't help but giggle. xD

Samsdad
26-09-11, 16:58
Gears sells more than 3 million in the first week.

Given that I can only play a couple of hours each week, I am still working my way through Deus Ex, but this is next on the list. Then with BF3, COD, UC3, Batman, AC, etc coming up I am fixed for the year.

Lara's Nemesis
28-09-11, 00:47
Ive seen the Locust shooting Dom while I am standing right next to it, that gave me an opportunity to slice it in half :p They are pretty dumb from what Ive seen :p

You've got to love that chainsaw move. :D

Have been trying to play the campaign on insane difficulty, some very tough and frustrating bits. :mad::o

Still not touched online yet,think I might try that soon tho and give up on the insane effort.

TRDaz
28-09-11, 19:37
You've got to love that chainsaw move. :D

Have been trying to play the campaign on insane difficulty, some very tough and frustrating bits. :mad::o

Still not touched online yet,think I might try that soon tho and give up on the insane effort.
Totally love it :p

Im gonna do insane difficulty with my brother, he said we are gonna do a co-op campaign to finish all the difficulties :D

SkyPuppy
29-09-11, 07:46
Beast mode seems to be my new favorite. i LOVE using the ticker so much, and i can't help but giggle. xD

uhm, yeah... i would have to say Horde mode is my new favorite. it's surprisingly very addictive.

Lara's Nemesis
29-09-11, 17:19
Totally love it :p

Im gonna do insane difficulty with my brother, he said we are gonna do a co-op campaign to finish all the difficulties :D

It might be a bit easier on co-op, there are quiite a few instant death parts tho. I got near the end of Act 2 where you need to get on the barge, unfortunately it has 2 rocket launchers on it that kill you quickly as you are fighting off the guards.

Went back and played it after a couple of days break and beat that bit quite quickly. Not looking forward to the end battle (if I get that far:p). Heard that was really tough on insane.

uhm, yeah... i would have to say Horde mode is my new favorite. it's surprisingly very addictive.

Looks a bit more like COD Zombies with the barriers now. Had a quick go of it but didn't last too long. :o

Gladous
29-09-11, 23:49
I really do need more people to play with. I can't stop playing Horde. ;___;

SkyPuppy
06-10-11, 21:27
so, i've been pretty much playing GoW3 all day, and i still haven't gotten that far. <_< but then again, i am trying to collect stuff.

Lara's Nemesis
10-10-11, 03:26
Tried multiplayer for the first time last night, can't believe they still have the exact same map from GOW 1. :(

Can't remember what it is called but it was exactly the same with different graphics. It's the one with the sniper rifle up one set of stairs and the boom shot directly opposite.

Tommy123
10-10-11, 04:44
Kicking major A$$ in verses today. ;)

Samsdad
11-10-11, 20:21
Just finished the game yesterday. Great game. IMO still one of the best shooters out there. Longer than I expected which is no bad thing.

SkyPuppy
12-10-11, 00:08
i just finished this with my friend, and it was amazing. this will probably have to be one of my favorite xbox exclusives.

Poke Warrior
27-10-11, 17:18
I love this game (Even tho I hated the first 2) <3 I kick ass in Horde, altho I still haven't got the the highest wave yet D:

SkyPuppy
27-10-11, 17:29
I love this game (Even tho I hated the first 2) <3 I kick ass in Horde, altho I still haven't got the the highest wave yet D:

i didn't know you owned an xbox. :o

Poke Warrior
27-10-11, 17:35
i didn't know you owned an xbox. :o

I knew you did D: You should feel Ashamed! Love you really <3
You should add me! :hug:

SkyPuppy
27-10-11, 17:38
I knew you did D: You should feel Ashamed! Love you really <3
You should add me! :hug:

you should've asked to add me, then, silly! :p

alright, will do. VM me your gamertag? :)

Poke Warrior
27-10-11, 17:41
you should've asked to add me, then, silly! :p

alright, will do. VM me your gamertag? :)

Ok then. I heard you have an Xbox :mis:

Ok will do :D Altho my GT is the same as my name here ^^

Poke Warrior
04-11-11, 16:27
Does anyone know what you get with the Season Pass? And is it worth it for 2400 MP?

Carbonek_0051
29-01-12, 23:20
Finally beat Gears 2, my God Dom's story was depressing. I cried. Started 3 last night, enjoying it so far. :)

Carbonek_0051
08-02-12, 16:34
Bump! Okay, so I beat Gears 3 yesterday. I loved every second of it, honestly the best out to entire series. The scenarios, the settings, the characters, the story, everything! Gameplay seemed much more refined and even more fun.

I am very pleased with how the story ended, I feel like there was complete closure so this makes me happy. I am sad Dom died, I literally cried in that scene. :( Also, I can't help but feel bad for the Locust & Queen Myrrah. :/

Anyway, I plan on playing online sometime this weekend. So if anyone wants to play, let me know. :tmb: Gamertag: Carbonek0051

BeautifulMan
31-05-12, 16:08
New Gears of War game is coming :eek:

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/gameinformer/teaser/teaser-august--610b.jpg

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/05/31/our-august-cover-story-is-the-next-gears-of-war.aspx

TRDaz
31-05-12, 16:18
^ :eek: I needz to know more!!!

lcroft_lc
31-05-12, 17:10
Marcus Fenix returns. :jmp:

I wish they don't follow GoW and simply call this Gears of War 4.

MangelinaJolie
31-05-12, 19:05
I highly doubt that's Marcus. While yes, he has been imprisoned and all, they've pretty much said that his story is finished. It's also entirely possible that this isn't Gears of War 4 but more akin to an expansion or something like Halo: ODST. Obviously, it's not a sequel to 3. I'm pretty excited anyway, I wasn't expecting this.

It isn't a Pendulum Wars game, either. There are Reavers in the background. If anything it's a prequel to Gears 1 or a new story involving other characters. Hopefully Alex Brand is in it.

Carbonek_0051
31-05-12, 19:38
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

I can't wait to see what this is, I was worried the series was completely over. The third game was amazing, so I am obviously wanting more. I hope we get a new character. :D

SoupCard
31-05-12, 19:59
Cool, 3 was a great game, but I didn't play it very much, maybe because it felt so similar to 1&2. I guess it's pretty challenging to make a third person cover based shooter feel different, but either way I'm excited to see it.

Pretty bummed that the cover isn't GTA V though...

lcroft_lc
01-06-12, 12:52
Bulletstorm dev enlisted for new Gears of War

Epic president confirms People Can Fly is working on new entry in the series

Poland studio People Can Fly is working on the new Gears of War game (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/350174/gears-of-war-4-confirmed-for-e3-reveal/), Epic Games president Mike Capps has revealed.

(http://www.computerandvideogames.com/viewer.php?mode=article&id=283705) Do I detect People Can Fly involvement? YES YES YES!" Capps wrote on Twitter (https://twitter.com/epicactual/status/208523504549773313) during a conversation with People Can Fly's creative director Adrian Chmielarz. The Bulletstorm dev was first linked to a new Gears of War prequel trilogy (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/327156/bulletstorm-dev-to-make-gears-of-war-prequel-trilogy/) last year. We'll know plenty more next week when it will be fully revealed at Microsoft's E3 press conference.

Prior to its work on Bulletstorm, People Can Fly had developed the PC port of the first Gears of War game.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/350411/bulletstorm-dev-enlisted-for-new-gears-of-war/

What a name of this company! But as they are working, it might come to PC as well!!

BeautifulMan
02-06-12, 01:01
The new installment in Epic's billion-dollar franchise is Gears of War: Judgment. The July cover of Game Informer shows series mainstay Damon Baird shackled as the Locust hordes rage around him. Augustus "Cole Train" Cole, soldier and world-famous Thrashball player, dons our second cover image in the same precarious situation.

Full cover

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/gameinformer/z95731/cvr-a-610full.jpg
http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/gameinformer/z95731/cvr-b-610full.jpg

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/06/01/our-august-cover-story-is-the-next-gears-of-war

MangelinaJolie
02-06-12, 02:44
Two of my least favorite characters, of course. And with that, along with some other bits of news that have been revealed regarding class-based multiplayer, all interest is gone.

Carbonek_0051
02-06-12, 02:51
I love Baird, but hate Cole Train. Oh well, more Baird for me <3

Paddy
03-06-12, 00:02
Love the sarcasm between team mates on Gears of War 3 which I finally picked up yesterday. lol

Carbonek_0051
04-06-12, 18:06
t3UUXSlsxt4

:yah:

SoupCard
04-06-12, 18:55
Cool, I hope Baird is the main character, and I want to see these two new characters.

Carbonek_0051
04-06-12, 18:57
Baird seems to be the focus now, which is fine with me. Cole Train can piss right off though. :pi:

TRDaz
It said on GameTrailers that Baird is the protagonist :D

MangelinaJolie
I've seen Sofia. She looks pretty awesome. I need to see gameplay before I can say I'm more interested in this, though - particularly, I need to know what the multiplayer will be like. I enjoy the campaigns, but I spend quite a lot of time in versus with Gears and this needs to have a solid component for that if I'm going to get my money's worth.

Extended trailer (with some gameplay):

3Md7eQqDW8s

MangelinaJolie
05-06-12, 05:16
Sorry for the double post.

Gameplay and info about the new multiplayer mode, Overrun:

7bDl-rLZFbg

Looks awesome to me. I am comforted a bit by this. :)

SkyPuppy
05-06-12, 05:18
as long as Clayton Carmine is in it, then i'm super happy.

Carbonek_0051
13-07-12, 21:46
Wow, I just saw that gameplay video. Multiplayer looks like so much fun. X_x

Anyway, GoW: Judgment gets a release date of March 19th, 2013. (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/13/gears-of-war-judgment-release-date-announced?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social) God damn it! The beginning of 2013 is going to destroy my wallet.

Edited the first post, by the way. :tmb:

lcroft_lc
14-07-12, 06:33
EPIC has some balls to release the game two weeks after the best game of 2013 release. :o

Carbonek_0051
14-07-12, 06:42
I'm sorry, but as much as I love TR it's still not big enough for a company like Epic to be scared. Plus both are aimed at totally different audiences. :p

MangelinaJolie
14-07-12, 18:05
As much as I anticipate TR, I know for a fact that this is something I will spend a lot of time playing. I've already reached the max rank in Gears of War 3 (which is 400 if you have the DLC for it). I don't even know how many hours I've played to get there and I don't plan on stopping just because of that. It's one of the few competitive multiplayers I don't tire of.

If I really had to choose, I would be choosing this. I'm hoping to be able to afford both, though.

MangelinaJolie
29-08-12, 20:35
Free For All has been announced! Also, a new rifle called the Breechshot. Evidently, there are now hipfire crosshairs as well.

0dcXTYG9zik
f6x52SvPDzY

Looks like SO much fun!

Dia2blo
29-08-12, 22:45
^Looks pretty good. I'm still a bit less than impressed by the story for the game though, but oh well... My brother's a proper hardcore player and he's pretty upset by this too. I'll wait until I play the game to judge it though. (Baird is my favourite character though so at least there's that. :p)

MangelinaJolie
07-11-12, 20:09
Pre-orders have been announced (though corresponding retailers are still uncertain). You get a character and the Classic Hammerburst, that weapon alone being enough for me to pre-order, BUT:

_mbBk9GRsNA

Alex. Brand. FINALLY! I've wanted her playable for the longest time and now my dreams are coming true.

Young Dom looks weird. :vlol:

Carbonek_0051
07-11-12, 20:13
What is up with Dom's face? :vlol:

Anyway, going to pre-order this next time I have the cash. Want to make sure I am able to get both this & TR. My funds next year are going to be limited.

MangelinaJolie
07-11-12, 20:19
Their faces just look so smooth now. :vlol: And Dom just looks somewhat asian. His eyes... lol.

I seriously can't get over that they're bringing Alex in though. She's from the comics, but she's so badass. Just by looks alone you can tell that.

Carbonek_0051
14-12-12, 02:42
Z9lcL-9N96Q

EScpxWOFFxY

0u1nz_SR54M

dsIn-N3OZ0E

This game. X_X

Are they ranking the single player campaign missions now (the bar in the left upper corner)? :eek:

MangelinaJolie
14-12-12, 03:01
Are they ranking the single player campaign missions now (the bar in the left upper corner)? :eek:

There's Epic points or something like that you can earn to unlock customization for each character, like armor colors I'm guessing. They wanted to further link the experience system with the multiplayer, so they added in some sort of currency system, too. Unless they pull a fast one and it turns out that the customization is DLC. They did that with the weapon skins in Gears 3. :p In the FFA video Baird's armor is black and I've seen a different screenshot where it's red. Besides that, I think they might be playing it in Arcade mode or something.

Also, the videos showed a few interesting new things the others didn't: the Rager Locust, the Booshka, and the Marzka. The Rager seems like a sort of sniper for the Locust who uses the Breechshot, but he can turn into a mini-Berserker of sorts. The Booshka is the COG grenade launcher that shoots timed explosives. The Marzka is a high-capacity but rather weak sniper rifle.

I don't think anyone else here really plays the multiplayer, but for the sake of conversation, they've made a few noticeable changes: the sawed-off shoots twice but has a narrower path now, the Retro Lancer is not insanely overpowered anymore, the Gnasher spread is a bit wider, and they have removed the downing system completely (except for the Locust in Overrun). You also choose a loadout of a primary weapon, be it shotgun, rifle, or sniper, one grenade, and the snub pistol. The frag grenades have a very small kill radius now and cannot be planted on surfaces. You can still tag people with them if you can throw it on them. The active reload system has been removed as well. Instead of getting a bonus for getting an active reload like you can still do in campaign, you merely get the option of nailing a fast reload or... not. That means more consistency between weapon damage and ranges. There is also no more stopping power, which means more freedom of movement.

TL;DR: no one on this forum really cares because this isn't Uncharted, so never mind.

Carbonek_0051
14-12-12, 03:04
Well that's cool at least, if TR does have MP then I'll be getting XBL that month so I'll be playing some of the GoW MP as well. I'll make sure to play some matches with you. I only played GoW1 online, and the GoW3 beta. I've been really wanting to get into it but I lack Gold. :(

If this one has more stuff like customization then I am all for it. I like when MP games let me choose to deck out the character I play as to look how I want so it's more personal. :p

I love your tl;dr by the way. :vlol:

lcroft_lc
05-01-13, 04:19
Final box-art of you know what game:
http://images.vg247.com/current//2013/01/gow_judgment_emea_pegi_2d_fob_tif_jpgcopy.jpg

MangelinaJolie
22-01-13, 19:59
JUnpLYE_ei8

Looks like the best campaign yet! Plus, at 1:17, you'll notice that (spoilers just in case but nobody here really cares anyway): Garron is with Clayton Carmine, Cole, and Baird in their GoW3 outfits, meaning we likely get to play through what they did after Anvil when getting reinforcements.

Dia2blo
22-01-13, 20:42
Do you know how we get gold weapons etc. This time around?

MangelinaJolie
22-01-13, 21:22
Do you know how we get gold weapons etc. This time around?

They haven't said anything about that yet. :(

Some other interesting things in the trailer are that Baird mentions that your campaign ranking is what unlocks "new characters, armor skins, and something special..." Armor skins sounds interesting, but I want to know what that something special is. :mis: At 2:17, when ribbons show up, an unlock called an "Epic PrizeBox" shows up. I'm wondering what that is, too.

lcroft_lc
02-02-13, 04:20
Judgement achievement revealed:
http://exophase.com/game/gears-of-war-judgment-xbox/achievements/

MangelinaJolie
02-02-13, 05:02
^ Interesting thing to note is that there is a class-based "Survival" mode now and Horde may be out in favor of that.

SEN1138
16-03-13, 19:54
I thought I would resurrect this thread seen as the Judgment release is just around the corner, is anybody buying it? I most certainly am after seeing the trailers. Can't wait to play online :jmp:

lcroft_lc
18-03-13, 06:25
Gears of War: Judgment review round-up

IGN (http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/03/18/gears-of-war-judgment-review) – 9.2/10
Destructoid (http://www.destructoid.com/review-gears-of-war-judgment-248919.phtml) – 9/10
GameTrailers (http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/9krbwf/gears-of-war--judgment-review) – 8.1/10
Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/18/gears-of-war-judgment-review/) – 4.5/5
Gamesradar (http://www.gamesradar.com/gears-of-war-judgment-review/) – 4/5
Eurogamer Italy (http://www.eurogamer.it/articles/2013-03-18-videogiochi-gears-of-war-judgment-review-recensione_7) – 9/10
XboxLife.dk (http://www.xboxlife.dk/review/756/gears-of-war-judgment.html) – 9/10
Xbox360Achievements (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/gears-of-war-judgment/review/) – 8.9/10
NZ Gamers (http://nzgamer.com/x360/reviews/1848/gears-of-war-judgment.html) – 8.8/10
CheatCodeCentral (http://www.cheatcc.com/xbox360/rev/gearsofwarjudgmentreview2.html#.UUaedhdA2dc) – 4.8/5
InsideGamingDaily (http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/2013/03/17/gears-of-war-judgment-review/) – 8.5/10
Strategy Informer (http://www.strategyinformer.com/xbox360/gearsofwarjudgment/2117/review.html) – 8.5/10
OXM UK (http://www.oxm.co.uk/51054/reviews/gears-of-war-judgment-review/) 8/10
OXM US (http://www.oxmonline.com/gears-war-judgment-review) – 8/10
Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-18-gears-of-war-judgment-review) – 8/10
The Escapist (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/10236-Gears-of-War-Judgment-Review-49-Shades-of-Gray) – 4/5
El33tOnline (http://www.el33tonline.com/past_article/2013/3/18/gears_of_war_judgment_review/) – 4/5
InsideGames (http://www.insidegames.ch/gears-of-war-judgment-overrun-modus-im-test-review/) – 79/100
NewGameNetwork (http://www.newgamenetwork.com/article/800/gears-of-war-judgment-review/) – 77/100
Digital Trends (http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/passing-sentence-in-our-gears-of-war-judgment-review/) – 7/10
The Sixth Axis (http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/03/18/gears-of-war-judgment-review-xbox-360/) – 7/10
VentureBeat (http://venturebeat.com/2013/03/17/gears-of-war-judgment-takes-a-step-towards-the-small-time-review/) – 7/10
GameReactor (http://www.gamereactor.eu/reviews/68171/Gears+of+War%3A+Judgment/) – 7/10
VideoGamer (http://www.videogamer.com/reviews/gears_of_war_judgement_review.html) – 7/10
GiantBomb (http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/gears-of-war-judgment-review/1900-565/) – 3/5
DigitalSpy (http://www.digitalspy.com.au/gaming/review/a466275/gears-of-war-judgment-review-xbox-360-a-lightweight-prequel.html) – 3/5
Rev3Games (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh8ZXpKrNZs) – 3/5
Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5991012/gears-of-war-judgment-the-kotaku-review) – “not yet”
Gamestalker.nl (http://www.gamestalker.nl/gears-of-war-judgement-review/) – “ok”
Gamespot (http://au.gamespot.com/features/gears-of-war-judgment-review-in-progress-update-6405434/) – pending

Kelly Craftman
19-03-13, 12:50
Baird is my favourite character from the GoW series, cant wait to finally play him more. He;s the hottest as well.

SEN1138
19-03-13, 13:10
Baird is my favourite character from the GoW series, cant wait to finally play him more. He;s the hottest as well.

My exact thoughts. Loved Baird through out the series, he has that witty personality that I hear is also in this game :). I have to wait till Friday to play :mad:

MangelinaJolie
19-03-13, 17:16
Anxiously waiting for my copy to get here, but UPS sucks. :( I've waited long enough for this game. Stop torturing me and give me it now.

Carbonek_0051
19-03-13, 17:18
Ugh, I hate that I have to wait for this. It was either Injustice or this, sadly I want a fighting game more. :(

SkyPuppy
19-03-13, 17:20
i want to play this, i really do, but the person i want to play it with can't get it right away, so i'm going to have to wait a bit. :c i do have other people to play it with, but they're meh... i rather not deal with getting yelled/cussed at.

SEN1138
19-03-13, 17:33
i want to play this, i really do, but the person i want to play it with can't get it right away, so i'm going to have to wait a bit. :c i do have other people to play it with, but they're meh... i rather not deal with getting yelled/cussed at.

Play with me on Friday :) - I'm usually pleasant. Also, I ain't one of those aggressive people - If I swear online I sound like Queen Elizabeth trying to cuss a pauper :P

SkyPuppy
19-03-13, 17:47
Play with me on Friday :) - I'm usually pleasant. Also, I ain't one of those aggressive people - If I swear online I sound like Queen Elizabeth trying to cuss a pauper :P

i don't have it yet, and i'm not exactly certain when i will, but sure! i'll play with you. we can do the lovely game modes or something. i'm pretty shy at first, but once i get pissed, all hell breaks loose. xD VM your GT? :D

SEN1138
19-03-13, 18:00
i don't have it yet, and i'm not exactly certain when i will, but sure! i'll play with you. we can do the lovely game modes or something. i'm pretty shy at first, but once i get pissed, all hell breaks loose. xD VM your GT? :D

I'm shy too so don't worry about that :). I pm'ed it you.

SkyPuppy
19-03-13, 19:34
I'm shy too so don't worry about that :). I pm'ed it you.

ah, good. i don't want to feel like a complete dork alone. :p and replied. :)

SEN1138
19-03-13, 19:55
I've just played on the Overrun demo and I am thoroughly impressed - I think they have really done a great job with it.

MangelinaJolie
19-03-13, 21:06
This is the best Gears game, period. Multiplayer is well balanced, the new mechanics are excellent, the campaign is amazing. I hate to say it, but... I like this more than Tomb Raider. :vlol:

SEN1138
19-03-13, 21:14
This is the best Gears game, period. Multiplayer is well balanced, the new mechanics are excellent, the campaign is amazing. I hate to say it, but... I like this more than Tomb Raider. :vlol:

Oooh! I can't wait to play it . I am loving this new mode because it actually requires tactics to win and not just a shotgun. Although I think I am going to miss Horde (I am going to keep my copy of Gears 3).

Carbonek_0051
18-05-13, 17:14
Does anyone still play Gears of Wars 3 online? I finally got a copy and have been playing. :D

I still need Judgment. :(

MangelinaJolie
18-05-13, 18:54
Does anyone still play Gears of Wars 3 online? I finally got a copy and have been playing. :D

I still need Judgment. :(

Is that a general statement or in specifics to anyone here? I still play it. I've been playing it a bit recently over Judgment, actually, since that game is a bit of a shame, really. 3 has more players than Judgment, even. :vlol: We'll have to play it together sometime.

Carbonek_0051
18-05-13, 19:10
Is that a general statement or in specifics to anyone here? I still play it. I've been playing it a bit recently over Judgment, actually, since that game is a bit of a shame, really. 3 has more players than Judgment, even. :vlol: We'll have to play it together sometime.
Asking about people on here. I'll be on in a bit. So I'll let you know. :D

MangelinaJolie
18-05-13, 19:15
I take back what I said before about Judgment. It was a fresh experience, and they've improved it, but they're being lazy with the DLC, continuously saying anything fan requested is "too much work." They aren't adding anymore characters because of the stupid armor skins, they're not adding Locust as a result of that, they aren't adding Horde, they aren't adding fan requested maps... the only one they're bringing is Checkout from Gears 3 and it's completely unchanged.

That, and the multiplayer has a huge glaring flaw in the melee. You can swing an elbow immediately after shooting and there's no delay, so that's all people do. I'm not playing Mortal Kombat. I'm playing a shooter. So why is that so effective? :vlol:

Carbonek_0051
18-05-13, 23:39
That's a shame. I was looking forward to trying MP but after playing the MP for 3 I would rather not play a watered down version. I will still play it for the single player. :)

I had loads of fun playing. We definitely need to do it more often. As much as I like the MP in TR this far more fun and will be my go to game for MP. :D Shame the forum is so anti-shooter, it's a blast.

lcroft_lc
13-06-13, 14:51
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/06/Gears-Redux1-610x309.jpg

:vlol:

Details (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-gears-of-war-redux-is-not-coming-to-playstation-4)