PDA

View Full Version : Epic Game Moments

Catracoth
02-08-10, 14:05
Have you ever had an epic moment whilst playing a game or playing on Xbox Live or PSN? Perhaps you executed a perfect stunt in a racing game or pulled a James Bond-like manoeuvre in Grand Theft Auto? Share your stories here!

My most epic game moment was whilst playing Grand Theft Auto IV on Xbox Live. I joined a GTA Race match in which all participants had to get from point A to point B first, by any means necessary. The match commenced and I was sprinting to get to a vehicle. Well, the game leader was ahead of me and noticed I was getting close to a car. He turns round and fires at me, killing me. I respawn and head for a car. He does it again and a third time after that before hopping into a Merit and speeding toward the finish line, while "talkin' smack" all the way there about how he's dominant, etc.

So I find myself a Sabre GT and follow him. The finish line is in Alderney, across a small body of water. According to my map, he got to the area and got out of his car, proceeding to swim across, go around a water silo and reach the finish line.

Now this is where I shone like the brightest star in the sky: what I did next was not planned. I didn't know it was going to happen. I saw the finish line and slammed on the gas. I thought it was a straight shot. Little did I know, there was a ramp that didn't properly render into view until I got close. I hit the ramp and the Sabre GT launched over the body of water and hit the finish line, just a moment before the game leader got there, winning the match for myself :yah:!

So as we all returned to the game lobby, the game leader was once again "talkin' smack" so I cranked up the volume of my microphone and let him have it - I told him that that was what he gets for playing dirty and that slow and steady always wins the race. He got mad and ended up leaving the game, and probably gave my account a bad rating just because he was annoyed. But I don't care. I had my moment and I'll never forget it :).

Paddy
02-08-10, 14:21
One of my most epic moments was blasting my best mate midair with a rocket launcher in Unreal Tournament lol noone else had been able to kill him except for me.

Pwning someone in Call of Duty World at War online, hitting him in the head with a freakish shot from the rocket launcher was awesome. ****wit kept accusing me of cheating like a lot do on Xbox live.

trlestew
02-08-10, 14:24
Uncharted 2 MP, so many epic "lawlz, you just got pwned" moments =D
Mostly massive kill streaks, and shutting those trash talkers on the mic up :ohn:

michaeldt
02-08-10, 14:25
I haz a video of my most epic moment in Uncharted 2 :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFku0_WdqlY
eFku0_WdqlY

Jo269976
02-08-10, 15:46
a2FFYbDm8W0

/thread.

ggctuk
03-08-10, 21:05
Hmm... pwning somebody with a bazooka while I was armed with an M1 Garand and then a pistol (I ran out of ammo) (headshot from afar, BTW) in Medal of Honor Heroes :D

larson n natla
03-08-10, 21:26
Pretty sure in Gta 4 while playing cops n crooks, as the Crooks I was the last remaining member apart from the boss, he was cornered by the Cops who were walking towards him slowly taunting him. As they began to move in I was desperatly bombing along a bridge toward their position on the map on a motorbike, as I am going I hit an unrendered car. Instead of flying off into the water the bike flew over the side of the bridge and as my friend shouted
"I'm a dead man" the motorbike landed on top on one of the 'cops' crushing him and then hit the other knocking him over giving me enough time to aim and shoot him before collecting the boss and dropped him at the safety point.

Exhillirating stuff!

jarekhanzelka
03-08-10, 21:34
Final boss battle of Advent Rising.:cln:

Saphyre
03-08-10, 21:40
This probably isn't so amazing to most who have played this game, but it is to me.

In Resi 5 I managed to complete the Savannah mission on Veteran mode. Basically you're on the back of a truck and you've got to shoot the bad guys as they try to annihilate the truck you're riding on.

I was so scared about that level since a few of people said that bit was so hard for them. Having such low confidence in my ability and thinking I suck at gaming, I thought if they couldn't do it then there was no way I could. Didn't think I'd be able to do it even on amateur mode never mind veteran!

[Xmas]
03-08-10, 21:41
Catracoth, your story sounds like some gaming movie :vlol:

larafan25
03-08-10, 21:52
This one time I was playing Unreal Tournament 3, I was driving through a hail of bullets from above and my vehicle was becoming severely damaged, then I see a giant tank headed right towards me, so basically thinking fast I hit the boost button and in a split second ejected myself into the air to see nthe explosion and land safely into the neareby lake.

That was fun...

Also I found many of the boss battles in Kingdom Hearts 2 to be VERY epic, esspecially the endinf when all your level up experience appeared in bright colours on the screen, so satisfying and EPIC!:)

Nemo_91
03-08-10, 21:57
7FfkOXEGvjo

jarekhanzelka
03-08-10, 22:18
7FfkOXEGvjo

Oh yessssss.

Sir Croft
03-08-10, 22:21
The Core mission in Crysis.

VRep1dWYwnM

Breathtaking!

amaris
03-08-10, 22:30
a2FFYbDm8W0

/thread.

:ohn: nuff said. :D

Actually, i have 2.... (edited)

trlestew
03-08-10, 22:38
Yay for spoilers! :jmp:

igonge
03-08-10, 22:40
a2FFYbDm8W0

/thread.

That always gives me goosebumps lol :p

amaris
03-08-10, 22:40
Yay for spoilers! :jmp:

:yik: i'm so sorry!!! :o

Forwen
04-08-10, 00:39
Flying about the battlefield in FreeSpace 2, hearing an anti-warship beam cannon charging somewhere off-screen and wondering if your small fighter is unlucky enough to be between the cannon and its more important target.

Scratch that, all of FreeSpace 2 single player campaign is epic embodied. Hard to believe this game is already 11 years old.

hitnrun017
04-08-10, 01:12
Spoilers for Uncharted 2!

gkQKCHzFW1Q

The only time in gaming I kept dying over and over on purpose just so I could replay this section.

ozzman
04-08-10, 01:46
4LZB3c7nbs8
wu0zp1liCdg

some nudity in the following [god of war]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvdXm1FbVdE

j77m3hmYYuQ

HouFnY-Uye4
K2K2Gj7Lpdc

and as a final, i present the most EPIC voice acting ever

Zhang He-Dynasty Warriors 6
rNMpchc6vBQ

Jill Sandwich
vtTfptkUgj0

Master of Unlocking
5XyghKl72R0

robm_2007
04-08-10, 19:30
i was playing GTA IV on Xbox Live, and i was shooting a driver in a car that was heading towards me (to run me over). so my character get's hit and is halfways on the hood; i continued to hold down the shoot button (out of habit), and my character's gun (which was pointed at the driver while i was laying on my stomach on the car) shoots and kills him!

:jmp:

Legend of Lara
04-08-10, 19:57
Massive spoilers. This is just before the end of the game.

BBpVEfJV3Ps

Raider4Ever96
04-08-10, 20:22
In Bayonetta, the fight with Balder!! You are jumping around on falling pieces of a tower that is exploding from the top down. Balder kills all of your Hair Demons and acts so stuck up about too. Finally, at the end of the fight, you freeze him in Witch Time, Bayo takes a lip-stick bullet and puts in her pistol, aims at his head, says "Don't :cen: with a Witch!", and shoots the bullet at him. You then have to guide the bullet through pieces of glass and into his head.

EPIC!!:jmp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc7RbvG3zJ0

(The musc is also amazing!:D)

ozzman
06-08-10, 00:35
In Bayonetta, the fight with Balder!! You are jumping around on falling pieces of a tower that is exploding from the top down. Balder kills all of your Hair Demons and acts so stuck up about too. Finally, at the end of the fight, you freeze him in Witch Time, Bayo takes a lip-stick bullet and puts in her pistol, aims at his head, says "Don't :cen: with a Witch!", and shoots the bullet at him. You then have to guide the bullet through pieces of glass and into his head.

EPIC!!:jmp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc7RbvG3zJ0

(The musc is also amazing!:D)

i loved that part :D

Catracoth
06-08-10, 01:03
This thread was meant for people to tell stories about epic moments they've done in games, not seen in games. :p

;4793238']Catracoth, your story sounds like some gaming movie :vlol:

I wish I had gotten it on tape. :(

TR FAN 18
06-08-10, 08:36
I was on the final boss of Final Fantasy 9 (Necron, I think) and down to my last character. He had just 1 HP left. I got one last attack in and that was all I needed to beat him. Before I beat him, I was like "oh crap, I'm dead" and then after I saw him dying, I was like "YES!!!!" :yah:

Alpharaider47
06-08-10, 08:45
The most recent one that I can remember was in Battlefield Bad Company 2. I was playing on a map with multiple islands, I was on the starting island and across the water sat another sniper, hidden in some bushes at the top of a mountain. The two of us hunted each other for quite some time almost reminiscent of Enemy at the Gates. Eventually he got me and thus I was able to zero in on his spot and I took him out :p It's quite satisfying pulling off a headshot from across the map, especially against someone who's arguably better than you at the game :D

Survival
06-08-10, 11:02
The awesome music is worth noting too!
Ykk7MFL1f2w
katHxAZOirM

And of course this one...
QzQg2Bcqtxg

MyRaider4Life
06-08-10, 12:38
The ending of Half Life 2: Episode Two was just epic for me, kinda emotional too.

GenyaArikado
06-08-10, 13:32
The scenario "In Utter Darkness" from Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty