PDA

View Full Version : Dog suffers post-traumatic stress

aktrekker
04-08-10, 02:21
This dog was trained to sniff out bombs. It spent 6 months in Iraq.
Apparently it was in a convoy where one of the vehicle hit an improvised bomb. It spooked the dog so much it couldn't do its job.

She returned home to Colorado cowering and fearful. When her handlers tried to take her into a building, she would stiffen her legs and resist. Once inside, she would tuck her tail beneath her body and slink along the floor. She would hide under furniture or in a corner to avoid people.

A military veterinarian diagnosed with her post-traumatic stress disorder a condition that some experts say can afflict dogs just like it does humans.

Fortunately she is getting over it and starting to lead a normal life.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100803/ap_on_re_us/us_ptsd_military_dogs_4

ozzman
04-08-10, 04:33
poor dog :( i know that i will NEVER join the army , even if it's required, i'd break my leg before going to kill another person

Paddy
04-08-10, 04:34
Poor dog :(

Killercowz
04-08-10, 04:36
Oh that's horrible, poor dog. :(

I don't know why and it's a horrible thing to do.
but I laughed when I first read the title of thread.

But then I was sad. :(

aktrekker
04-08-10, 06:15
You thought it was a joke, didn't you?
But it's real. Dogs can get it too. Especially since they're trained to do some dangerous stuff. They end up in some pretty stressful situations.

xXhayleyroxXx
04-08-10, 19:40
aww bless it :( at least its showing signs of recovering.

Avalon SARL
04-08-10, 20:10
oh myyyyyyy... :(

Poor dog

Killercowz
04-08-10, 20:33
But it's real. Dogs can get it too. Especially since they're trained to do some dangerous stuff. They end up in some pretty stressful situations.

Yeah I did, I didn't think it was possible actually, poor dog. At least the dog is getting better tho.

touchthesky
04-08-10, 20:38

Yup. All animals can suffer lots of things that humans do..it shocks a lot of people.

Wasn't there an experiment on a rabbit by which they killed her kits and she felt pain?

Super Badnik
04-08-10, 23:24
Poor Dog. Glad to hear she's recovering though.

Dark Lugia 2
04-08-10, 23:35
I'm not shocked that animals can suffer from stress and conditions like this, in fact I'm suprised that others are shocked by this =S Poor dog, bless it..