PDA

View Full Version : In Which I Have Kind of a Nervous Breakdown

aurora89
05-08-10, 04:47
Can you get sick from inhaling a lot of mildew? Because my lungs are killing me and I'm having a really hard time breathing. I can't leave the room where it is. :hea:

Also, will it help or hurt my disability case if I show up without my teeth brushed? I don't have a freaking toothbrush here. dsfjkd. I can't even get my case started! So overwhelming

How much money do you usually get from a yard sale? I need $70 over the next three weeks and for someone really sick the way I've been, that's kind of impossible right now.

When will I get my financial aid award? not that any of you would know but SCHOOL STARTS IN LESS THAN 3 WEEKS.

Can naturopaths in GA prescribe hormones? Anyone have any experiences, good or bad, with an ND?

I had a really good salad from Wendy's, but as usual for this week it refused to stay inside me. It was nice while it lasted though.

I even took my meds today. It's just that being at home is too much stress for my poor body to handle even on meds. I'm literally lying in bed in a mildew-filled room shaking uncontrollably. not crying, most of the time, just shaking because my adrenals are giving out again.

I HAVE to live somewhere else next year. I can't handle this!!! Even a healthy person shouldn't have to live being exposed to horrible, massive amounts of mold/mildew. :(

You know when Lara got framed for killing her mentor and the police chased her all over Paris and that nasty grungy fellow groped her up? And how she was originally supposed to blow up her manor and be a raging alcoholic? Okay, well my life is possibly one rung lower than that just now. I have so much going on right now, only a fraction of which was even touched on so far, that I'm ready to start threatening people and eating chocolate I find lying on the street.

Actually, I think I may really be Lara, but I'm still figuring it out. Life is really confusing right now. This mildew is making me so sick I can hardly breathe.

but I'm fine, thanks. How're you?

ETA: btw is there anything you can do if the USPS refuses to scan a package you send back??? I'm out $100 and it's not even my fault. I did everything right and now the ******* is getting away with both the inferior item AND my $100!!!!!!!

voltz
05-08-10, 04:51
Actually, I think I may really be Lara

I think I'm gonna go call the paddy wagon. :cln:

Tonyrobinson
05-08-10, 04:55
Oh Lord! Are you feeling okay?! :pi:

Tommy123
05-08-10, 04:57
:( Hope your okey

voltz
05-08-10, 04:59
Well I can't offer you a whole lot of advice, but if in case you ever do have to go the emergency room, there's no way they can legally turn you down.

SkyPuppy
05-08-10, 05:00
okay, so you're saying you're like Lara Croft because of the situation you're in, but you gotta think about it this way... are you really? Lara Croft never let anything get her down, to be real about it; whatever was thrown at her, she just got past it.

you will be okay, trust me... people go through things everyday and get past them. if you think you can't handle it, then you clearly don't have much confidence in yourself, or you don't really have anyone you can talk to about these said problems, and i think that is what everyone needs: someone to talk to.

Tonyrobinson
05-08-10, 05:02
Yes, I'm very concered for you. I think you should speak to someone. These may be just delousions in your head but I'd definatley not recommend picking chocolate up of the street and eating them but I would recommend you speak to your parent or guardians regarding both your health and others. I have a cousin who had a breakdown and these things can be serious. I'd like to recommend you to think of all the people on this forum who would miss you if you done anything illogical. We all love you, hang on in there. :hug:

Get yourself to an emergancy room ASAP. Inhaling amounts of mildew can cause the lungs to bleed and lead to body breakdown nobody wants that to happen. ;)

Lara's Nemesis
05-08-10, 05:11
The breathing difficulties may be due to you having an allergic reaction to the mold. You should try and get out that room and get some fresh air if you can.

Would recommend that you make an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible and explain your situation. They should be able to prescribe you an inhaler that will at least help your breathing difficulties.

Hopefully things will improve for you soon. :hug:

voltz
05-08-10, 05:11
I think if you talk to a family crisis center, you can get yourself moved to a much better area to stay if the one you're currently at has any mold forming anywhere. It really is the home owner's responsibility to take care of that, regardless of what they would think otherwise.

aktrekker
05-08-10, 05:23
Mold in the home is a very serious condition. It must be dealt with. In extreme cases it can even cause death, and not just from allergic reactions. The mold can actually grow inside your lungs.
Wear a mask of some kind. Use bleach to clean where the mold is. Spray Lysol, it can kill the mold and prevent it from growing back.
But the source of the mold must be discovered and eliminated.

This link give the health risks from mold.
http://www.helium.com/items/1035207-the-health-risks-of-mold-and-mildew-in-your-home

This link gives tips for preventing mold. It also has a link to the EPA website about mold.
http://www.betterhealthusa.com/public/183.cfm

voltz
05-08-10, 05:30
This reminds me last summer I decided to keep plastic on one of my windows so I wouldn't have to change it for the winter and it somehow becomes a source for condensation, which in tern caused a little mold to grow in some of the cracks. I had a fun time trying to get rid of that and learned a valuable lesson.

aurora89
05-08-10, 05:59
I'm 21, just living at home for the summer. I'm back in the room with an air filter now after wandering around the living room crying for a half hour. I need to get out of this freaking house. I barely hear anyone calling my name other places, just in this house. I think I'm allergic to it. My family (brothers mostly) keep it really trashed and I think it makes me sick. :(

I have serious (physical) health problems, some really rare and some pretty common, and that's what's causing most of this. when I get really sick it causes problems in my brain, and stress (emotional as well as physical, like from allergies and pain) makes me really, raelly sick.

TBH I think if Lara was in my situation I think she would have a meltdown too. There's a lot I don't want to get into (A LOT going on at the moment) and even Lara can only take so much. I'm doing the best I can, and winston helps when I'm hallucinating him (which is nice, it relaxes me, I hope I see him soon) but I would so much rather trade this crap for health and a grungy groper guy feeling me up. People don't know how much they take for granted... I'm sure I take some things for granted but not compared to most people in the western world. People complain about an upset stomach from eating too much [insert delicious food here] and I just want to glare at them because I literally cannot keep anything in my stomach at all and have had this problem for the better part of the year... and I WISH that were not my favourite/least horrible health symptom you know?

I also haven't been able to get my seizure meds. I was supposed to get them like last Wednsay but no one's taken me to pick them up and, duh, I can't drive. FML. And there are people out there who have it *even worse* and yet people will always be like "Oh, I stubbed my toe on a blanket yesterday and it really hurts!" :hea:

oh yeah is it normal to walk around with and sleep with xbox game cases?

peeves
05-08-10, 13:13
I'm 21, just living at home for the summer. I'm back in the room with an air filter now after wandering around the living room crying for a half hour. I need to get out of this freaking house. I barely hear anyone calling my name other places, just in this house. I think I'm allergic to it. My family (brothers mostly) keep it really trashed and I think it makes me sick. :(

I have serious (physical) health problems, some really rare and some pretty common, and that's what's causing most of this. when I get really sick it causes problems in my brain, and stress (emotional as well as physical, like from allergies and pain) makes me really, raelly sick.

TBH I think if Lara was in my situation I think she would have a meltdown too. There's a lot I don't want to get into (A LOT going on at the moment) and even Lara can only take so much. I'm doing the best I can, and winston helps when I'm hallucinating him (which is nice, it relaxes me, I hope I see him soon) but I would so much rather trade this crap for health and a grungy groper guy feeling me up. People don't know how much they take for granted... I'm sure I take some things for granted but not compared to most people in the western world. People complain about an upset stomach from eating too much [insert delicious food here] and I just want to glare at them because I literally cannot keep anything in my stomach at all and have had this problem for the better part of the year... and I WISH that were not my favourite/least horrible health symptom you know?

I also haven't been able to get my seizure meds. I was supposed to get them like last Wednsay but no one's taken me to pick them up and, duh, I can't drive. FML. And there are people out there who have it *even worse* and yet people will always be like "Oh, I stubbed my toe on a blanket yesterday and it really hurts!" :hea:

oh yeah is it normal to walk around with and sleep with xbox game cases?

Oh my i feel bad for you not only your suicide thread but this thread too. Why doncha call someone like your parents and have them pick you up and take care of you.

aurora89
05-08-10, 13:21
Oh my i feel bad for you not only your suicide thread but this thread too. Why doncha call someone like your parents and have them pick you up and take care of you.

LOL. Good suggestion except that I'm at my mom's house. ;) I called my grandma and I'm heading over to her house after my meeting.

xXhayleyroxXx
05-08-10, 13:22
Rach, you know you have me to talk to :( And I really hope you start getting better soon! I know how you feel though :o Things are building up with me as well, although your health is worse than mine right now :( My pills stopped working btw :/
Keep on immersing yourself in writing! Is there anything else you like doing? Reading, drawing, cooking? Have as many hobbies as possible to keep yourself occupied, thats what I do :) And talk to people because it helps get it off your chest. A problem you share is so much easier to cope with because you can hear somebody else's opinion on it. Are there any nice walks where you are? If you get yourself outside you might feel better, it works with me sometimes :)

Get well soon :hug: xx

knightgames
05-08-10, 13:41
aurora. Are your parents aware of your hallucinations?

If you can't make it to a hospital, there should be an 800 number for a mental health outreach. SOMETHING. It's great you're reaching out here, and at least you seem cognizant of your departures from reality, but a TR forum isn't the place to really get help. All we can do is support you.

From a few posts I've read it seems you're close to 'full disability.' Are you capable of getting assistance like Social Security Insurance, Disability Payments, even Section 8 Housing where most if not all your housing is paid for?

Are you under stresses like school or job that should you be able to quit them, then you could concentrate on your health?

As I mentioned yesterday...... PM me if you feel comfortable with it. But I urge you to seek help to remedy your painful situation.

(Maybe you are already doing so... in which case..... nevermind.)

aurora89
05-08-10, 20:38
I haven't worked since 2008 and I haven't been making a liveable income since 2006 if then. I met with my disability benefits guy today and he helped me get things started.

I can't quit school. I'll lose my health insurance. And I'm on full scholarship plus some that I can't lose... I go to a really amazing, well-known university. I'm just 9 months away from graduating with my degree after 6 years of hard work. I did quit working though. (I do some freelance writing and sell worn undergarments to fetishists, lol... it helps a tiny bit)

I do pretty well at my grandma's house and really well at my aunt's so I'm trying to stay with them when possible. Like I said I think it's an allergy to my mom's house or something.

Hayley, I'm too sick to really get out and go walking in this heat (I live in the deep, humid south... today is way cooler and it's about 34C and feels even hotter due to the humidity). Walking is a challenge at the best of times and in this heat? :( It's a good idea though.

I'm doign everything I possibly can. Life just isn't working out in my favour AT ALL. The USPS lost a returned package and now I can't get my badly needed $100 back.

xXhayleyroxXx
05-08-10, 20:48
It will get better sweetie , however bad life seems at the minute :( Know you're not alone in your suffering and that there are people who care about you (including me) and talking to us should ease how you're feeling.

:gki: :hug:

aurora89
05-08-10, 21:00
I'm just sick half to death of being, well, sick half to death all the time. I haven't gone rock-climbing since the one day I went right before my surgery in April... and before that it was like October or November? :( And my hands and fingers hurt so bad I don't know when I'll get that chance again.

I just want to get to medical school, THROUGH medical school, and be a good doctor and help others. I want to be healthy and not lying in bed all the time. I don't understand why everything is going SO. ****ING. BAD right now. Things started falling apart in December 2009 and is only getting worse, so let's just say that by December 2010 everything will be great again. :hea:

xXhayleyroxXx
05-08-10, 21:03
I know hun, but things will improve :( They have to

KurtisLonely
05-08-10, 21:34
Aurora, we used to have A LOT of mold in our house, and it got me a terrible lung infection. It got me going in and out of the hospital for 6 good weeks.

You better remove the mold (use a mask of some kind, even a shirt in front of your mouth would help), and try to fix that what causes the mold.

It started with heavy breathing, was getting harder to get air.. Then I got severe stings in my lung, it actually felt like muscle pain, but it wasn't.
I'd also give you the advice to go to a doctor to ask for antibiotics.

I am going through a bad depression at this moment, I'm using a medicine called Hyperiplant, it's made of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_John's_wort

Try getting something like that at the pharmacy!

knightgames
06-08-10, 00:12
I haven't worked since 2008 and I haven't been making a liveable income since 2006 if then. I met with my disability benefits guy today and he helped me get things started.

I can't quit school. I'll lose my health insurance. And I'm on full scholarship plus some that I can't lose... I go to a really amazing, well-known university. I'm just 9 months away from graduating with my degree after 6 years of hard work. I did quit working though. (I do some freelance writing and sell worn undergarments to fetishists, lol... it helps a tiny bit)

I do pretty well at my grandma's house and really well at my aunt's so I'm trying to stay with them when possible. Like I said I think it's an allergy to my mom's house or something.

Hayley, I'm too sick to really get out and go walking in this heat (I live in the deep, humid south... today is way cooler and it's about 34C and feels even hotter due to the humidity). Walking is a challenge at the best of times and in this heat? :( It's a good idea though.

I'm doign everything I possibly can. Life just isn't working out in my favour AT ALL. The USPS lost a returned package and now I can't get my badly needed $100 back.

Understood regarding school and benefits. I wasn't fully aware of what you had or didn't have. I was just free associating some ideas out to you.