PDA

View Full Version : Laws against solar panels out my window?

Nausinous
05-08-10, 07:18
Are there any laws against hanging solar panels out my window? I ask because I don't want to go about investing time in my idea if it's going to cause trouble. I want to hang a metal frame on the brickwork between my flat and the next with solar panels but I live in a rented property and the buildings not mine. The panel wouldn't touch the wall and would start in my apartment, any help would be appreciated.

Ward Dragon
05-08-10, 07:31
Are there any laws against hanging solar panels out my window? I ask because I don't want to go about investing time in my idea if it's going to cause trouble. I want to hang a metal frame on the brickwork between my flat and the next with solar panels but I live in a rented property and the buildings not mine. The panel wouldn't touch the wall and would start in my apartment, any help would be appreciated.

I think you'd have to check with the person who owns the building about whether they allow it or not. Also there might be local zoning laws which apply (they might be worried about it falling on someone for example) so you'd have to check your local laws.

Nausinous
05-08-10, 16:04
I think you'd have to check with the person who owns the building about whether they allow it or not. Also there might be local zoning laws which apply (they might be worried about it falling on someone for example) so you'd have to check your local laws.

larson n natla
05-08-10, 16:41
If it doesn't obscure the view from your neighbours window, isn't large and doesn't make noise then it shouldn't offend against any law and I'm sure a little chat with your neighbour about the idea would do a world of good maybe they will appreciate your energy saving efforts :ton: