PDA

View Full Version : Cancer victim tried to pack a lifetime of mothering into two years ...

Lara Fan 4Life
05-08-10, 19:39
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/080110dnentleah.2c4fc4b.html

:( :( :(

xXhayleyroxXx
05-08-10, 20:22
Gawd that made me cry :( Ecspecially the end! *sobs*

NemesisxAngelus
05-08-10, 20:24
Am I that insensitive then? :confused: It was a nice read, pretty inspiring too and a sad ending. But making me cry or feel bad? No.

xXhayleyroxXx
05-08-10, 20:28
Am I that insensitive then? :confused: It was a nice read, pretty inspiring too and a sad ending. But making me cry or feel bad? No.

Not really. I'm very sensitive :)

MattTR
05-08-10, 20:40
Very, very sad.. :( God bless her and her family, at least they got to cherish their last moments together. :hug:

I nearly teared a little. Thanks for posting this insprational story. :)

WCookie
05-08-10, 21:19
This is so sad, but what her daughter did was so beautiful!
Cancer is the biggest piece of **** in this world, it seems like it likes to take away the best :(

KurtisLonely
05-08-10, 21:39

You heartless *****! :mad::ton:

aurora89
05-08-10, 21:51

Yeah, I don't really see why it got an article of its own. Human interest story, like articles about people biking every day for forty years? Something like 33% of people in the U.S. get cancer, and there are plenty more serious illnesses (some worse than cancer) that never even get attention or walks or people donating money to find a cure. Lupus and MS are both devastating illnesses often treated by chemotherapy, yet no one cares because they're not TEH CANCER!!!!11one FFS, if you don't ever have cancer, the odds are that the person living on your left or right does, did, or will, and that's JUST cancer. Women with and without kids die tragically young all the time.

It would be nice if people would actually help someone with cancer (or whatever) by buying them some groceries or driving them to the doctor when they're too sick to do so themselves, rather than going "Awww that's such a sad story. :(" Pity is not what someone dying from cancer (or anything) wants to get from others as a general rule.

But I'm just cranky and annoyed with humanity at the moment so don't mind me.

DillonDeBoda
05-08-10, 21:53
I would read it But just reading the title was sad :(

Dustie
06-08-10, 11:58
Yeah, I don't really see why it got an article of its own. Human interest story, like articles about people biking every day for forty years? Something like 33% of people in the U.S. get cancer, and there are plenty more serious illnesses (some worse than cancer) that never even get attention or walks or people donating money to find a cure. Lupus and MS are both devastating illnesses often treated by chemotherapy, yet no one cares because they're not TEH CANCER!!!!11one FFS, if you don't ever have cancer, the odds are that the person living on your left or right does, did, or will, and that's JUST cancer. Women with and without kids die tragically young all the time.

It would be nice if people would actually help someone with cancer (or whatever) by buying them some groceries or driving them to the doctor when they're too sick to do so themselves, rather than going "Awww that's such a sad story. :(" Pity is not what someone dying from cancer (or anything) wants to get from others as a general rule.

But I'm just cranky and annoyed with humanity at the moment so don't mind me.

Nobody says there's no other dangerous illnesses that cause suffering and death than cancer. Why do you say no-one cares? Yes, some conditions do not get as much coverage as others, but the last thing we need is a popularity contest...

It is a human interest story, just like a story about someone's lupus would be. This one happened to get coverage, but just because it did, does not mark any other less tragic or attention-worthy.

I agree with you on the last part. There's plenty of better ways to help and hopefully people will slowly pick it up that it's better done than said :)

Legends
06-08-10, 12:00
How incredibly sad. :(

Lee croft
06-08-10, 12:11
Thats so sad :( . It's nice that people from all over sent her messages and stuff :)