PDA

View Full Version : Mexican Baby Comes Back To Life

egypt_gypsie
06-08-10, 14:37
MEXICO CITY -- Authorities in Mexico say a newborn baby girl declared dead by doctors revived inside her coffin during her wake.

Hidalgo state Attorney General Jose Rodriguez says the parents heard a strange noise coming from the tiny casket. Opening it up, they found her crying and very much alive.

Rodriguez told state public radio Thursday that the doctor who pronounced the girl dead at a hospital in the town of Tulancingo is being investigated for possible negligence.

The baby, who was born prematurely Monday, is in stable condition at a different hospital.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/05/AR2010080506423.html

Pretty amazing, I think..

ShadyCroft
06-08-10, 14:40
bless the Madonna. :) She's very lucky she wasn't buried alive.

Super Badnik
06-08-10, 14:41
God, imagine if it had been buried alive.

trXD
06-08-10, 14:42
It probably didn't come back to life, it seems the doctor just got it wrong in the first place.

egypt_gypsie
06-08-10, 14:43
He possibly pulled a Watson....

(Only those that have seen the new Sherlock Holmes movie will get that XD)

Dustie
06-08-10, 14:45
It probably didn't come back to life, it seems the doctor just got it wrong in the first place.

Yeah, but how wrong can you get it? Nobody noticed it's alive for what, almost 4 days?...

matrix54
06-08-10, 14:45
Did the title have to include "Mexican" in it :rolleyes:

Carbonek_0051
06-08-10, 14:47
I'm glad the baby was discovered before they buried her alive.

Dustie

Well, it happened in Mexico, to a Mexican family...

although the original title is 'Mexico Baby'.

Avalon SARL
Oh GOD... that's amazing :D

Carbonek_0051
06-08-10, 14:48
Well, it happened in Mexico, to a Mexican family...

although the original title is 'Mexico Baby'.

Yeah, but we could have worked out it was a Mexican baby from the article. :p

remote91
06-08-10, 14:50
Damn!

Love2Raid
06-08-10, 14:53
Oh GOD... that's amazing :D
Not really. The doctor made a mistake, the baby was never dead.

Glad they found out in time...:eek:

matrix54
06-08-10, 14:53
well, at least the baby is alright :)

egypt_gypsie
06-08-10, 14:56
It is a Mexican baby because it happened in Mexico, to a mexican family.

If it had been an American baby, that would have been in the thread title.

I don't really understand why people get annoyed by that.

I did not mean anything condescending at all.

matrix54
06-08-10, 15:15
If it were American it would have just said baby.

I just found it pointless to put it there, since its race didn't really matter.

Mikky
06-08-10, 15:25
Wow, an actual miracle. :D I thought that only happened in animé. :tea:

TippingWater
06-08-10, 15:28

:vlol::tmb:
Anyways , she was lucky , but in the same time cursed , because now she has to live into this world :o!

Rai
06-08-10, 15:40
The baby probably wasn't breathing when she was born, which does happen, but this begs the question, how far did they go with resuscitating her. Doctors do sometimes get it wrong, and there are reasons why someone might seem dead, but it's still shocking. Poor little mite, and how horrible for her parents. Thank goodness she was found to be alive before she was buried. Bless her.

I put the word her in italics as it bothers me when people use 'it' to describe a baby when we already know it's a girl :o

larafan25
06-08-10, 19:13
Do they not take the body to the morgue and do some funky stuff, and isn't the blood all drained from the body, surely it could not come back to life, although, I didn't read the article so I am not aware of how miraculous this truly is.:p

xXhayleyroxXx
06-08-10, 19:16
Oh wow, well thats lucky!:p Poor little mite :hug:

ajrich17901
06-08-10, 20:12
If it were American it would have just said baby.

I just found it pointless to put it there, since its race didn't really matter.

Mexican, Japanese, who gives a damn its just a thread title, move along already:p

Anyway good to hear they noticed it before she got buried alive. *insert we are the fallen here :pi:*

robm_2007
06-08-10, 20:33
maybe she was buried in a fast-acting Pet Semetery?

Super Badnik
06-08-10, 20:40
I think we're reading too much into "Mexican" being in the title. Sure, if it had been in Britain or America it probably would have said "Baby" but that's because this is a predominatley British/American forum and the user probably wouldn't have thought to add the country. But Mexico to many here is a foriegn country and it would have most likely been the same with any other countries that aren't common to the users on this forum be it Switzerland, France, Iran or China.

Apathetic
06-08-10, 20:43
I think we're reading too much into "Mexican" being in the title. Sure, if it had been in Britain or America it probably would have said "Baby" but that's because this is a predominatley British/American forum and the user probably wouldn't have thought to add the country. But Mexico to many here is a foriegn country and it would have most likely been the same with any other countries that aren't common to the users on this forum be it Switzerland, France, Iran or China.

:tmb: This discussion ends after this post.

Anyway, quite amazing, isn't it. It's happened many times before, though. People have undoubtebly been buried alive by accident in the past. Scary thought, isn't it.

MattTR
06-08-10, 20:48
That's amazing! So glad that the baby is alive! :D

But the doctor.. he definitely needs to be looked into.. :rolleyes:

Rai
06-08-10, 21:07
Do they not take the body to the morgue and do some funky stuff, and isn't the blood all drained from the body, surely it could not come back to life, although, I didn't read the article so I am not aware of how miraculous this truly is.:p

I am assuming (though it doesn't say so in the article) that the doctor thought the baby was stillborn (born dead), so he may not have thought an autopsy necessary (luckily). I've never heard of the blood being drained at an autopsy :eek:.

Lara Croft!
06-08-10, 21:48
Woah! Luckily she wasn't buried alive. Lucky baby, lucky parents!

Dennis's Mom
06-08-10, 22:12
Wow. What an emotional week for the parents. And what a great story to tell the kid when she gets older!

voltz
06-08-10, 23:07
Little girl is lucky her system finally kicked in when it did. I'd hate to be born only to realize I had my funeral already.

Seriously, could we cut it any closer next time? I thought hospitals were getting special equipment to detect signs of activity in patents who apparently "only look dead".

touchthesky
06-08-10, 23:12
Jeez..I am glad that they discovered this before the baby was buried.

Phlip
06-08-10, 23:13
God, imagine if it had been buried alive.

Jesus! Yeah! :(

Love2Raid
06-08-10, 23:48
Jeez..I am glad that they discovered this before the baby was buried.
It's a horrible idea, but who would have known? I bet something like that has already happened...:o

Chocola teapot
06-08-10, 23:50
How absolutely wonderful, A Miracle infact.

just croft
06-08-10, 23:57
Why do people keep making these headlines sound stupid? /facepalm

Doctor was wrong. I highly doubt the baby came back to life.

Tombraiderx08
07-08-10, 02:17
Did the title have to include "Mexican" in it :rolleyes: was thinking the same thing :/

I thought it was ironic that it happened at the wake, glad the poor little thing is alive and well!

voltz
07-08-10, 02:29
Some will probably think "anchor baby", but that's being way too formal...

Tony9595
07-08-10, 03:10
It is a Mexican baby because it happened in Mexico, to a mexican family.

If it had been an American baby, that would have been in the thread title.

Umm excuse me but last time I checked America was a continent, and Mexico was part of it...

Anyway, good for them! :D :tmb:

CiaKonwerski
07-08-10, 03:13
This happened a while back also. A baby was buried, but it was then alive.

aktrekker
07-08-10, 03:30
Umm excuse me but last time I checked America was a continent, and Mexico was part of it...

Anyway, good for them! :D :tmb:

More correctly, North America and South America are continents.
America all by itself is almost always used to mean the US.

voltz
07-08-10, 04:41
I always find it funny half the time Europeans never get it right either whenever they call us out. :rolleyes:

tonyme
07-08-10, 11:31
That is so amazing to hear! :)

But I can't help but wonder just how many people might be buried alive negligently...

ajrich17901
07-08-10, 11:32
I always find it funny half the time Europeans never get it right either whenever they call us out. :rolleyes:

for the love of god..

Wendigo-san
07-08-10, 14:33
She had a lot of luck... In Poland there are many urban legends concerning people who were buried alive. But I don't belive in these stories... Until now.

Hm... Sometimes the world suprises me more than usually. ;]

Dennis's Mom
07-08-10, 14:37
My newspaper reported this morning that this baby girl has since died. :(

ajrich17901
07-08-10, 14:49

Awww must be such a devistating situation for the parents, to lose there daughter not once but twice..

peeves
07-08-10, 15:00
Well the doctor was mistaken probably because he wasn't accurate at telling whether the baby was alive or dead the baby was alive the whole time.

Capt. Murphy
07-08-10, 15:04
Well the doctor was mistaken probably because he wasn't accurate at telling whether the baby was alive or dead the baby was alive the whole time.

I bet the got his medical degree from... er, let me rephrase that. His medical degree is Mexican. :pi:

scoopy_loopy
07-08-10, 15:05
I bet the got his medical degree from... er, let me rephrase that. His medical degree is Mexican. :pi:

Oh please.

Capt. Murphy
07-08-10, 15:08
Oh please.

:vlol:

Sorry. I find all this "Don't say the 'M' word" a bit silly. ;)

Like, there's something wrong with that. :p

ETA: Oh. Of course. I feel bad for the parents losing their baby. At least the baby won't have to go through the hassle that is 'Life'.

lara c. fan
07-08-10, 15:11

It's just saying, you know, where the baby came from.
Is everything viewed as offensive these days?

ajrich17901
07-08-10, 15:20
It's just saying, you know, where the baby came from.
Is everything viewed as offensive these days?

Welcome to TRF's where everything is pulled apart and nagged at until people can't nag anymore. lmao But I agree I find the whining over the thread title to be just nitpicking because they don't have anything else to moan about. The main subject of the thread is saddening and it gets overlooked over a thread title..

Sharon_14
07-08-10, 15:26
perhaps the baby was never even dead, at least they got her out on time, before she would have been buried alive.

Love2Raid
08-08-10, 01:01
Oh that sucks. :(

This will probably feel much more devastating than when she had indeed died before the funeral. Awful.

Goose
08-08-10, 06:15
It happens, used to happen alot in the past during plagues and stuff when people were buried quickly and without proper preperation, so they used to put bells on coffins, so people could ring if they woke up lol.

scremanie
08-08-10, 06:20
ZOMBIE!!!!!!!

:eek:

awesome :cool:

M.A.
08-08-10, 06:36
Pffft... isn't it obvious? She's immortal! :D

or probably just a demi-god. I say, send the baby to Camp Half-Blood!!!*

*My undying love to whomever that got the reference. :D

scremanie
08-08-10, 06:54
Pffft... isn't it obvious? She's immortal! :D

or probably just a demi-god. I say, send the baby to Camp Half-Blood!!!*

*My undying love to whomever that got the reference. :D

Percy Jackson???

lol

TippingWater
08-08-10, 07:10
It happens, used to happen alot in the past during plagues and stuff when people were buried quickly and without proper preperation, so they used to put bells on coffins, so people could ring if they woke up lol.

Learned that from Ghost Whisperer ? :p