PDA

View Full Version : Games, that you have on/off relationship

Vinkula
08-08-10, 17:48
I mean by on/off relationship that, one day you are so excited about it and next it's "nah" and few days later, it's again your fav.. etc.

Mine is Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness

The game is awesome, but I go it through VERY slowly, because I have this relationship with it, and I don't wanna change it.

(Past few years, I have finished AoD 3 times).

Your turn, my lovers!

Super Badnik
08-08-10, 17:59
Tomb Raider: Underworld - I do actually love this game which is the problem. When I got it back in 2008, because it was awesome and a faithful Tomb Raider, It's all I played for the remainder of that year and a considerable chunk of 2009. Now I don't like to play it very often because I know I've already played it to death enough. On one playthrough I genuinley got sick of it.

The Sims Series - One minute I love controlling my own little world. The games really allow you to be creative, not just by allowing you to create people and places but allowing you create your own stories. In a sad kind of way it's satisfying to create all these people and see where they end up, or rather deciede where they end up. But then that will eventually slip away and I'll end up watching them go about their boring routines of eat, wash, work, toliet, eat, sleep and I'll switch off.

Phlip
08-08-10, 18:02
Tr3
tr4

ajrich17901
08-08-10, 18:18
TR4
Clock Tower 3
Just Cause 2

trlestew
08-08-10, 18:20
The Sims
Final Fantasy XIII
*Inserts all the games I own*

Smog
08-08-10, 18:20
Modern Warfare 2. If I do well then I'll play it until I start playing badly. Then it sits on the naughty step for a few days while I recover.

SGRaider
08-08-10, 19:07
Heroes of Might and Magic V
The Sims
Prince of Persia

ultima espio
08-08-10, 19:37
Final Fantasy X

Its like "Hello baby:)" one day, then the next its like "Ughh go away!!"

:vlol:

Catracoth
08-08-10, 19:38
The Sims is my on/off relationship.

CiaKonwerski
08-08-10, 19:50
Definitely...

The Sims 3-I love being super creative etc. Every time I start the game up I go to create my people and house. I try to customize everything etc. I play for a little while, then I just get so tired of it haha. I feel like I have already done everything that I can do and I get so bored of it. It is still a truly magical game however and I adore the expansions.

http://i34.************/w0l5qh.jpg

Uncharted 2-Even though this is my favorite game of all time, along with Heavy Rain, there are some days where I feel as if there is nothing else I can do in the game, even after multi-player is over. I still love going back and replaying the chapters however and looking at all of the magical environments etc. Same goes with Uncharted 1 and Heavy Rain.

http://i37.************/2lw5003.jpg
http://i37.************/vex5y1.jpg
http://i36.************/nbam39.jpg

Legend of Lara
08-08-10, 20:14
First time I played Final Fantasy XII, I got bored of it shortly after defeating this fire horse thingy. Second time I played it, I got bored after 3 hours of doing barely anything. Third time I played it, I suddenly and mysteriously really got into it, and kept playing. °_°

xXhayleyroxXx
08-08-10, 21:27
the first sims, tomb raider: angel of darkness and tomb raider 3.

igonge
08-08-10, 22:01
The Sims 3: Sometimes it's all I can play, and then a few weeks later it's like if I look at another sim I think I'll puke.

Uncharted 2 Multiplayer: I get addicted to this for a while and then I start to get bored.

http://i37.************/vex5y1.jpg

This is off topic but I really love that screenshot! Elena <3

Vinkula
08-08-10, 22:07
I love Chloe! <3

1 more game: Tomb Raider Legend!

ozzman
08-08-10, 23:15
Modern Warfare 2. If I do well then I'll play it until I start playing badly. Then it sits on the naughty step for a few days while I recover.

same here, but i ususaly get POed at the people on Xbox instead, such Aholes, PS3 people are generaly alot nicer, on 360 they use cheap tactics and camp all the time, i see little of this on PS3, also 360 is usualy full of little kids.

also on my list is Uncharted 2, i play one day , but don't want to play the next.

then there is Dynasty Warriors- i only play when i'm bored :D

Catracoth
08-08-10, 23:16
The Sims 3: Sometimes it's all I can play, and then a few weeks later it's like if I look at another sim I think I'll puke.
This is off topic but I really love that screenshot! Elena <3

Yes to both. :D

larafan25
08-08-10, 23:41
For me it's the past three TR games. I know they are great games, I love them as games, however they need lots of improvement as tomb raider games. Some times I play them and go "Oh this isn't so bad" and other times I get really annoyed and want to create the games myself.:p

Raider4Ever96
09-08-10, 00:18
The Sims
Crackdown
GTA IV
Blur

t-raider26
09-08-10, 00:50
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Sims 2 Castaways (PS2)
Soul Calibur IV

Paddy
09-08-10, 02:42
Red Dead Redemption. Gets boring after awhile of playing it but then I play it again happily after ages of not.

Mass Effect - Same as RDR.

Kingdom Hearts is the same too.

larafan25
09-08-10, 02:59
Final Fantasy 13 and Final Fantasy 12.

The games get tedious considering all you do is battle untill the next cutscene. At least FFXII has more exploring, so far FFXIII has just been linear paths of enemies.

tranniversary119
09-08-10, 03:09
Pretty much every game I have /:

Encore
09-08-10, 03:09
Devil May Cry 4, it's the ultimate bipolar experience for me. In some moments, I'm like "Man this is so awesome" but in others I'm like "WTF why is this game so stupid". Partly it's because I have to struggle a lot to play it with a keyboard.

scoopy_loopy
09-08-10, 03:38
The Sims. :rolleyes:

oocladableeblah
09-08-10, 06:06
Oblivion definitely is one game that that happens to for me.

Carbonek_0051
09-08-10, 07:07
Resident Evil 5, I love it one moment and the next I hate it. It's a very good action game, but it ****es me off that there is lack of horror (besides LiN which I love no matter what <3). Plus Sheva's AI is retarded, and the enemies are incredibly dumb as well, it also gets repetitive fast. It can be fun when it's not frustrating and when I am in the mood for blowing **** up.

Ceamonks890
09-08-10, 07:12
Spider-Man 3(Xbox 360)- There are some times when I feel like playing it again and one moment I think 'Man, this game is awesome' and the next 'This game is boring! Spider-Man 2 is better than this!!'

TRLE Custom Levels- Some I play to completion, others I play for a few minutes and just quit the game.

Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion- Do I really have to say it?

Survival
09-08-10, 07:33
Resident Evil 5, I love it one moment and the next I hate it. It's a very good action game, but it ****es me off that there is lack of horror (besides LiN which I love no matter what <3). Plus Sheva's AI is retarded, and the enemies are incredibly dumb as well, it also gets repetitive fast. It can be fun when it's not frustrating and when I am in the mood for blowing **** up.

This:tmb:

Hovewer it seems the game lost all itīs appeal and I canīt even try to play it. I spend hundreds of hours playing versus and main game for the trophies and I have one left to do but I canīt be bothered to do it. I canīt even believe I completed this game more then once.

michaeldt
09-08-10, 07:50
Ghostbusters: The Video Game
some days I decide to play and its really fun, other days.... CBF

ryan91
09-08-10, 07:51
tr6

i bought that game. i played a few minutes and i was like tha hell, this game sucks jingle bells and i uninstalled it. and like a year later, i re-installed it cuz i was bored and i loved it :D. i still play it sometimes and i think it's one of the best tr's :D.

Carbonek_0051
09-08-10, 16:01
This:tmb:

Hovewer it seems the game lost all itīs appeal and I canīt even try to play it. I spend hundreds of hours playing versus and main game for the trophies and I have one left to do but I canīt be bothered to do it. I canīt even believe I completed this game more then once.

That seems to be the case with me, the only times I really play it is when one of my friends wants to play it. :/

I, Tomb Raider
09-08-10, 16:49
Like many people here The Sims 1/2/3. :rolleyes:

ozzman
09-08-10, 17:06
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3-sometimes i play it for hours cause i'm bored, while other days i'd rather shoot dumb majini in RE5