PDA

View Full Version : going into hospital. =/

aurora89
10-08-10, 21:11
My heartbeat is really funky and totally out of control (158 beats per minute when I counted it, that's just being still) and I'm having a bit of trouble breathing, so my doctor is making me go to the ER. I'm hoping they won't admit me overnight. :( Anyways, for those of you who are my friends I'll be online if possible, twitter/facebook/LJ/DW. Hopefully it'll just be a quick heart scan and a note to follow up with my doctor in a day or two. Anyways, good thoughts are always appreciated, especially as my health has been really falling apart lately and we're worried this is a really bad sign. =/

remote91
10-08-10, 21:13
Good luck.

DgoOdz94
10-08-10, 21:13
Get well soon! :hug: I hope it will not be anything serious. :)

larafan25
10-08-10, 21:15
Oh NO! D: That sounds scary, I am terrified of doctors and hospitals, hopefully you won't have to go through to much to get better.:)

Minty Mouth
10-08-10, 21:17
All I can say is that I always enjoy talking to you, and that I hope everything works out fine. I'm sure it will :hug:

amore-guy
10-08-10, 21:19
I wish you the best buddy:hug::hug::hug:

Melonie Tomb Raider
10-08-10, 21:21
I hope everything is ok!

I have a very fast heartrate, and when I was a teenager, it would sky rocket like that as well. After so many tests, the doctors couldn't find anything wrong with me, but told me to stay away from caffeine. Now my heartrate is still not totally normal, but since I've been caffeine free for so many years, it's much better.

I hope everything goes well for you, and I will keep you in my prayers!

CerebralAssassin
10-08-10, 21:22
hope it's nothing serious.:)

could be just palpitations,I get this once in a while too (high beat rate and difficulty breathing)

ultima espio
10-08-10, 21:25
I'm in a similar position actually, but my heartbeat is way too slow. Good luck, sure you'll be fine.

Actually, thinking about it, my cousin had that a few years ago. Can't remember what happened with it though.

Lara Croft!
10-08-10, 21:30
I hope it's nothing serious! Be safe.

Lara's Nemesis
10-08-10, 21:37
I'm sure you will be in good hands and they will be able to help you, hopefully you won't be in too long.:hug:

http://i38.************/b542fp.jpg

Catracoth
10-08-10, 21:39
Be well, Rachel! :hug:
I hope everything is all right. <3 :hug:

KIKO
10-08-10, 21:42
Oh God :( Get well soon! I hope it's nothing serious.

knightgames
10-08-10, 21:52
My heartbeat is really funky and totally out of control (158 beats per minute when I counted it, that's just being still) and I'm having a bit of trouble breathing, so my doctor is making me go to the ER. I'm hoping they won't admit me overnight. :( Anyways, for those of you who are my friends I'll be online if possible, twitter/facebook/LJ/DW. Hopefully it'll just be a quick heart scan and a note to follow up with my doctor in a day or two. Anyways, good thoughts are always appreciated, especially as my health has been really falling apart lately and we're worried this is a really bad sign. =/

Well if you stay over night it's because you need to. Don't fret it aurora. I and every one here would rather have you healthier and confident that things are fixed. Let us know how things are when you get the chance. First things first. Take care of YOU.

:hug: I'll keep good thoughts for you.

Rai
10-08-10, 22:06
Oh no! :(

If you are admitted overnight, it is for the best, truly. I hope you are feeling better soon. I'll be thinking of you and I'll ask the angels to keep you well. Let us know how you got on asap, k? :hug:

Raider4Ever96
10-08-10, 22:19
I hope everything goes well!!!:hug::):hug::)

MattTR
10-08-10, 22:37
Hope everything is okay, I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully it's nothing too major but an anxiety attack or something of that nature. :hug:

I've had similiar things happen to be in the past and they've been linked to anxiety, try to take deep breathes if that ever happens again, but you did the right thing going to the hospital, they'll tell you exactly what's going on. :tmb:

Love2Raid
11-08-10, 00:11
Get well soon!

Joely-Moley
11-08-10, 00:26
Get well soon! I hope everything is alright.
:hug:

aurora89
11-08-10, 00:39
I think they're about to discharge me! :jmp: Gotta see a cardiologist because my old heart problems seem to be flaring up due to dehydration (I live in the deep south so that's not a surprise) but overall I think it's okay. Thanks for the well-wishes!

star-dust
11-08-10, 01:44
I hope you're okay, I wish you all the best! :):hug:

Chocola teapot
11-08-10, 01:50
I wish you all the Best M'dear! :hug:

aurora89
11-08-10, 02:20
Thanks. :) I'm safe at home now, hurray! No chocolate, caffeine, alcohol or other non-Mormon products (lol) and drink lots and lots of hydrating fluids.

I had trouble back when I was a teenager with my heart so I guess I'm back off to the cardiologist soon! It'll probably help us figure out some of the rest of what's going on (dizziness, passing out, etc.) so I'm excited.

ozzman
11-08-10, 02:23
hope it's not to serious, better to catch heart problems early, my grandma never got the chance, she had problems since before most of the technology and methods, get well soon

scoopy_loopy
11-08-10, 04:50
Im glad to hear you're back at home now! How scary :( :hug: Fingers crossed it never happens again.

knightgames
11-08-10, 05:04
Thanks. :) I'm safe at home now, hurray! No chocolate, caffeine, alcohol or other non-Mormon products (lol) and drink lots and lots of hydrating fluids.

I had trouble back when I was a teenager with my heart so I guess I'm back off to the cardiologist soon! It'll probably help us figure out some of the rest of what's going on (dizziness, passing out, etc.) so I'm excited.

Pesky hearts! Who needs 'em. They just get broken anyway!!! BAH! :ton:

I know where you're at at this moment, aurora. Try to stay patient. Hopefully it won't be long before you find out what's wrong and can remedy this. September 1st I go through a huge barrage of tests to find out what's going on with my heart. Not knowing what's going to be the outcome adds to the anxiety, but right now I feel so crappy that I'd go through almost anything to feel reasonably normal. Sooooooooo... I can commiserate with you.

Again, I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
11-08-10, 13:38

What were your prior heart problems? Have you ever had a nuclear stress test? That would be something I'd ask for at this point...

aurora89
11-08-10, 15:35
What were your prior heart problems? Have you ever had a nuclear stress test? That would be something I'd ask for at this point...

Ughh, I guess I should get it done. I've had an EKG and ECG (ultrasound) but nothing else. It's not stress/exercising that messes up my heart, it's getting too dehydrated apparently.

I have a slight mitral valve problem and had sinus rhythm problems as a teenager. My ER doctor yesterday thought it was SVT (sinus ventricular tachycardia, I think) and mentioned beta blockers, which I'm excited to try considering that my hormone problems are probably related to this issue.

voltz
11-08-10, 15:57
No coffee huh? I can imagine just how bad that's gonna get.

ClassicCroft
11-08-10, 16:12
i wish you luck. and i hope it,s nothing serious.

interstellardave
11-08-10, 17:01
That's good news. I only just saw this topic, so now I don't have to wonder how it turned out!

Lara's Nemesis
11-08-10, 17:08
Good luck with the beta blockers, hope they improve things for you.

knightgames
11-08-10, 19:22
Ughh, I guess I should get it done. I've had an EKG and ECG (ultrasound) but nothing else. It's not stress/exercising that messes up my heart, it's getting too dehydrated apparently.

I have a slight mitral valve problem and had sinus rhythm problems as a teenager. My ER doctor yesterday thought it was SVT (sinus ventricular tachycardia, I think) and mentioned beta blockers, which I'm excited to try considering that my hormone problems are probably related to this issue.

Ahhhhh good. Hopefully it won't be anything more serious, aurora.

Avalon SARL
12-08-10, 08:49
Great news for the results :)

xXhayleyroxXx
12-08-10, 22:33
Rachel I haven't really been on the compuer much so I've only just seen this :( Im glad the results you got were good but geez I was worried when I opened this! Keep updating me on what's happening :hug: