PDA

View Full Version : The General Her Interactive: Nancy Drew Gaming Thread

star-dust
11-08-10, 20:04
Moderators: I did a search and found a thread about two months old that had died and didn't want to bump it. So I decided to attempt another one, feel free to close this if you feel the need.

Nancy Drew Adventure Games by Her Interactive

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/spoon-it-backwards/Nancy_Silhouette.jpg

Her Interactive's Nancy Drew Adventure-Mystery games made their debut in 1998 with their award winning pc game, "Secrets Can Kill," since then 22 more games in the series have been made including a remastered version of "Secrets Can Kill" set to be released at the end of this Summer. The 23rd installment in the series is set to be release Fall of 2010.

The games put you in Nancy Drew's shoes in a 3-D world in a point and click mystery solving adventure. Although the game are aimed at young, teenage girls they're played and enjoyed by all genders and ages.

Games in the Series Include:
Secrets Can Kill
Stay Tuned for Danger
Message in a Haunted Mansion
Treasure in the Royal Tower
The Final Scene
Secret of the Scarlet Hand
Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake
The Haunted Carousel
Danger on Deception Island
The Secret of Shadow Ranch
Curse of Blackmoor Manor
Secret of the Old Clock
Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon
Danger by Design
The Creature of Kapu Cave
White Wolf of Icicle Creek
Legen of the Crystal Skull
The Phantom of Venice
The Haunting of Castle Malloy
Ransom of the Seven Ships
Warnings at Waverly Academy
Trail of the Twister
Shadow at the Water's Edge (Due Oct. 2010)

How many fans do we have here on Tomb Raider Forums!?
Discuss, discuss discuss! What's your favorite game? What was your first game? You're scariest moment, you're funnies "AHA" moment!?

dare to play.

Ward Dragon
11-08-10, 20:07
I used to love the Nancy Drew books when I was a kid so I've played a few of the games when they came out. They were pretty good :) I miss playing good puzzle games now that I think about it.

star-dust
11-08-10, 20:11
I used to love the Nancy Drew books when I was a kid so I've played a few of the games when they came out. They were pretty good :) I miss playing good puzzle games now that I think about it.

I grew up reading the yellow spined Nancy Drew books. So it was pretty amazing when the games came out to take the role of my favorte detective as a kid. I still get excited.:ton: Which games have you played?

Ward Dragon
11-08-10, 20:17
I grew up reading the yellow spined Nancy Drew books. So it was pretty amazing when the games came out to take the role of my favorte detective as a kid. I still get excited.:ton: Which games have you played?

I'm pretty sure I played the first game, and I think I played one or two of the other early ones but I can't remember clearly :o

And yeah, I used to read the original Nancy Drew series. I actually had some of the original prints that my mother got when she was little, but my dad got mad at me once and dumped my bookcase and threw some of them out :(

star-dust
11-08-10, 20:21
I'm pretty sure I played the first game, and I think I played one or two of the other early ones but I can't remember clearly :o

And yeah, I used to read the original Nancy Drew series. I actually had some of the original prints that my mother got when she was little, but my dad got mad at me once and dumped my bookcase and threw some of them out :(

The early ones are good. My favorite is the third game, Message in a Haunted Mansion. That one was my first and I I just find the setting really fun and what not. You should try the newer ones, they're pretty good. :)

That sucks about some of your books getting thrown out, but you still have some of the original ones right? Since you said some of them got thrown out. I have a few of my mom's and aunt's... They didn't have very many when I got them because over time they were lent and never returned or just plain lost.

StefanJ94
11-08-10, 20:37
oh oh oh Nancy Drew thread yay ^^
I love Nancy Drew, I've pleyed almost all of the games, and read none of the books :p (they don't have them translated in Macedonian and it's hard to find english books here :mad:)
My first Nancy Drew game was Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake, I got it as a gift for my birhday and it's responcible for making me an ND freek :D
AND my favourite game is...umm....Danger by Design. That game is sooo RUDE :rolleyes:

star-dust
11-08-10, 21:12
oh oh oh Nancy Drew thread yay ^^
I love Nancy Drew, I've pleyed almost all of the games, and read none of the books :p (they don't have them translated in Macedonian and it's hard to find english books here :mad:)
My first Nancy Drew game was Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake, I got it as a gift for my birhday and it's responcible for making me an ND freek :D
AND my favourite game is...umm....Danger by Design. That game is sooo RUDE :rolleyes:

:vlol:
Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake is definately one of the games on the top of my list! I remember playing that the first time and the dogs attacking the house in that cut scene... It scared the crap out of me. And Emily is an unforgetable character. :D I love her shop. The setting for that game was awesome.

Have you played all or most in the series?

I finally played and completed Danger by Design for the first time like last week. I found that one a little short. :( But it was good. :)

aurora89
11-08-10, 22:04
Im currently half-heartedly muddling through the seven ships game. I like the scenery but it just seems so easy to get completely lost. :(

But I LOVE the games. The Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake, Danger on Deception Island, the Creature of Kapu Cave, The Haunted Mansion, and the white wolf one are some of my favourites. :D Most of the time I enjoy the outdoor stuff a lot but I adored the Mansion and creepy ghost stuff and Chinese influence on the haunted manion one.

Ward Dragon
12-08-10, 02:39
The early ones are good. My favorite is the third game, Message in a Haunted Mansion. That one was my first and I I just find the setting really fun and what not. You should try the newer ones, they're pretty good. :)

That sucks about some of your books getting thrown out, but you still have some of the original ones right? Since you said some of them got thrown out. I have a few of my mom's and aunt's... They didn't have very many when I got them because over time they were lent and never returned or just plain lost.

That was my favorite book too :D I think I managed to save that one and a few others from getting thrown out. I haven't thought about it in such a long time that I can't remember too clearly :p

star-dust
12-08-10, 05:29
Im currently half-heartedly muddling through the seven ships game. I like the scenery but it just seems so easy to get completely lost. :(

But I LOVE the games. The Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake, Danger on Deception Island, the Creature of Kapu Cave, The Haunted Mansion, and the white wolf one are some of my favourites. :D Most of the time I enjoy the outdoor stuff a lot but I adored the Mansion and creepy ghost stuff and Chinese influence on the haunted manion one.

Seven Ships was a bit of a bore for me... I stopped half way... But I do plan to finish it soon. I'm playing the games all over currently in the order they came in. And the cart you drive in that one is soo slow, ahaha.

I definately like how they've expanded the play areas... from being able to search a building to going outside and searching the grounds. I liked looking for bugs in Ghost Dogs of Moon lake. That game would creep me out when I was in the woods at night. :)

I'm really looking forward to the newest one, Trail of the Twister, or whatever, but it's not available in stores in Canada yet. :(

StefanJ94
12-08-10, 19:26
:vlol:
Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake is definately one of the games on the top of my list! I remember playing that the first time and the dogs attacking the house in that cut scene... It scared the crap out of me. And Emily is an unforgetable character. :D I love her shop. The setting for that game was awesome.

Have you played all or most in the series?

I finally played and completed Danger by Design for the first time like last week. I found that one a little short. :( But it was good. :)
:vlol: that scared the **** out of me too :)
And who can forget Emily...that betch :pi:

And to make things more clear I bolded the games I finished and I made the titles underlined to the ones I pleyed but didn't finish.

Secrets Can Kill
Stay Tuned for Danger
The Final Scene
Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake
The Haunted Carousel
Curse of Blackmoor Manor
Secret of the Old Clock
Danger by Design
The Phantom of Venice
Trail of the Twister

Thatz my list :D
ps: I don't know if it's coincidence and all, but I play Danger by Design and finish right before going to the new years party the last 3 years :D

star-dust
12-08-10, 19:56
:vlol: that scared the **** out of me too :)
And who can forget Emily...that betch :pi:

And to make things more clear I bolded the games I finished and I made the titles underlined to the ones I pleyed but didn't finish.

Secrets Can Kill
Stay Tuned for Danger
The Final Scene
Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake
The Haunted Carousel
Curse of Blackmoor Manor
Secret of the Old Clock
Danger by Design
The Phantom of Venice
Trail of the Twister

Thatz my list :D
ps: I don't know if it's coincidence and all, but I play Danger by Design and finish right before going to the new years party the last 3 years :D

Haha, that's awesome. I started Legend of the Crystal Skull last night and I simply don't like it. I think the graphics are awesome, but the puzzles are blah. And also my sister found Trail of the Twister today at Walmart so I'm rejoicing I maybe able to find it soon here. :tea:

How come you haven't finished the games in some cases? Just couldn't get into them?

Warnings at Waverly Academy was a tough one too I thought. The ending puzzles drove me nuts.

StefanJ94
12-08-10, 20:03
Haha, that's awesome. I started Legend of the Crystal Skull last night and I simply don't like it. I think the graphics are awesome, but the puzzles are blah. And also my sister found Trail of the Twister today at Walmart so I'm rejoicing I maybe able to find it soon here. :tea:

How come you haven't finished the games in some cases? Just couldn't get into them?

Warnings at Waverly Academy was a tough one too I thought. The ending puzzles drove me nuts.
Legend of the Crystall Scull is lovely, but searching for those glass eyes is such a pain in the behind :pi: I had to use a walkthrough on 4 eyes, the first time I played it :o

I havent finished some of them because of three reasons:
I was stuck, the CD was scrached or I just didn't like it :D

Warnings at Waverly Academy was too boring for me so I only started it and havent touched it since then. Maybe some day I'll be bored enough to play it :D

aurora89
12-08-10, 20:15
I've beat all of them up to the seven ships. :D

star-dust
12-08-10, 20:35
Has anyone seen the trailer for the new game? I looked it up on Youtube... and let's just say it looks interesting. :ton:

StefanJ94
12-08-10, 20:59
Has anyone seen the trailer for the new game? I looked it up on Youtube... and let's just say it looks interesting. :ton:
It looks really promising :D
Love the horror idea, even though I was hoping for a murder like the first game :)

star-dust
12-08-10, 21:43
It looks really promising :D
Love the horror idea, even though I was hoping for a murder like the first game :)

It reminded me a lot of a grudge girl...
I read somewhere, although how true this is I don't know... That it may be revolved a bit around the murder of a girl.

They should do another game revolved around a murder because there has only been one and they've done repeats on other games... Hoo hum.

But I think we this new one coming out it'll give us a scary game which I think many of the Nancy Drew game players have been waiting for. MHM made me jump allll the time. :p