PDA

View Full Version : BioShock Infinite

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

WSOwen02
12-08-10, 18:23
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/30/1464705-screen_shot_2010_08_12_at_10.59.33_am_screen.png

Irrational Games, the creators of BioShock 1, have announced their next project: BioShock Infinite. It is set in 1912, before the events of the first game and takes place in a city IN THE SKY.

IGN has a teaser, screenshots and impressions from an eyes-on demo given by Ken Levine.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/111/1111864p1.html

It is scheduled for a 2012 release on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.

I personally had no interest in BioShock 2 as there did not seem to be any artistic justification for the game when the original team moved on. But since this IS the original team, sign me up.

moodydog
12-08-10, 18:26
the first few screens looks just like bioshock 1! Until you see the outside images :)

Carbonek_0051
12-08-10, 18:29
Damnit, I was just about to make the thread for this. xD

Anyway, I can't wait. Irrational Games is back making it, so I know it will be just as good as the first game. :D

interstellardave
12-08-10, 18:34
Oh. Hell. Yes!!!

AmericanAssassin
12-08-10, 18:35
Oooh, this looks really cool. :D

Carbonek_0051
12-08-10, 18:37
Here's the synopsis from the game's site (http://www.whatisicarus.com/main.php):

Synopsis

BioShock Infinite is a first-person shooter currently in development at Irrational Games, the studio behind the original BioShock (which sold over 4 million units worldwide). Set in 1912, BioShock Infinite introduces an entirely new narrative and gameplay experience that lifts players out of the familiar confines of Rapture and rockets them to Columbia, an immense city in the sky.

Former Pinkerton agent Booker DeWitt has been sent to rescue Elizabeth, a young woman imprisoned in Columbia since childhood. Booker develops a relationship with Elizabeth, augmenting his abilities with hers so the pair may escape from a city that is literally falling from the sky. DeWitt must learn to fight foes in high-speed Sky-Line battles, engage in combat both indoors and amongst the clouds, and harness the power of dozens of new weapons and abilities.

I am so pumped! :yah:

AmericanAssassin
12-08-10, 18:40
Is it bad that I wish the second game never happened and that this was BS2? :/

Carbonek_0051
12-08-10, 18:42

Nope, because I felt the second game was a complete waste of time. As much as I loved Rapture, I do think it was best left to the first one. This would have been a way better sequel than the one we got. Oh well, now we have this and I am pumped! :jmp:

interstellardave
12-08-10, 18:47
Is #2 really that bad? I just got it pretty cheap... didn't buy it right away 'cause I had too many other games to play.

larson n natla
12-08-10, 18:50
Great news Bioshock Infinite looks great.

Bioshock is one of my favourite series both 1 and 2 are absolutely amazing and have their own personality and mystique.

I played number 2 before number one and I honestly can't make up my mind as to which one I liked better so good!

Carbonek_0051
Is #2 really that bad? I just got it pretty cheap... didn't buy it right away 'cause I had too many other games to play.
It's not bad, just not as good as the first game. It's far more linear, and it doesn't quite have the same atmosphere as the first game did. I also felt the story was incredibly weak compared to the first game, and Rapture just didn't have the same "magic" it did in the original.

AmericanAssassin
Is #2 really that bad?

Bad? No. Pointless? Yes. :/

On another note, I looooove the logo. :cln:

http://i34.************/22g7js.png

Lara's home
12-08-10, 18:57
Looks like a Tim Burton movie. ;p

interstellardave
12-08-10, 19:03
It's not bad, just not as good as the first game. It's far more linear, and it doesn't quite have the same atmosphere as the first game did. I also felt the story was incredibly weak compared to the first game, and Rapture just didn't have the same "magic" it did in the original.

Bad? No. Pointless? Yes. :/

On another note, I looooove the logo. :cln:

http://i34.************/22g7js.png

Sounds like the dreaded "must have a sequel" combined with "must have multiplayer" syndrome to me. They had to release a sequel and it just had to have multiplayer, so the whole project was probably thrown together too quickly just to cash in.

Yes, that logo is cool. The trailer is breathtaking!

WSOwen02
12-08-10, 19:15
Sounds like the dreaded "must have a sequel" combined with "must have multiplayer" syndrome to me. They had to release a sequel and it just had to have multiplayer, so the whole project was probably thrown together too quickly just to cash in.

I think the problem was more a result of the game being made by another studio and that studio had to find a narrative way to justify a sequel to a game that was pretty conclusively wrapped up at the end.

But yes, it also reeked of being created by suits in a marketing meeting. "Back to Rapture!" "YOU are the Big Daddy!" "Multiplayer!"

Lara's Nemesis
12-08-10, 19:20
The trailer is brilliantly done, only 2 years to wait now for the game.

_Beccaty_
12-08-10, 19:25
Oh wow :jmp:

The game looks awesome!
And the logo does look fab :D

Very excited :)

larson n natla
12-08-10, 19:40

In my opinion the second game is just as good if not better than the first. :o

Samsdad
12-08-10, 19:44

Not bad really. Just had a tendency to repeat certain set pieces (i.e. defend the Little Sister while she harvests Adam and the baddies swarm from everywhere).

ClankDaxter
12-08-10, 19:54
What a crappy trailer xD The game looks pretty nice though!

trlestew
12-08-10, 20:00
:yik:

Looks stunning! :jmp:
1912...hm, never really thought of a date that far back.

Kinda makes me think, how does this not get any reference in the previous BioShocks?

touchmyheart
12-08-10, 21:24
Oh god...yes! Yes! Sign me up :D

TombOfRaiders
12-08-10, 21:27
Looks like a great game. I enjoyed the first one, I'm sure to enjoy this one! :D

ClankDaxter
12-08-10, 22:29
:yik:

Looks stunning! :jmp:
1912...hm, never really thought of a date that far back.

Kinda makes me think, how does this not get any reference in the previous BioShocks?

I haven't played the previous two games yet, but what if this is Rapture? And in the end of this game this city falls down into the sea and becomes Rapture?

Carbonek_0051
12-08-10, 22:37
It's definitely not Rapture, especially because of how everything is designed in the trailer and in the screens. It doesn't even look like Rapture. Plus wasn't it already said that Rapture was built underwater? I doubt they would rewrite their own history.

Paddy
12-08-10, 22:49
Its not as bad as people are making it out to be no, I love it more then the first game.

Carbonek_0051
12-08-10, 22:54
No one said it was bad.

Encore
12-08-10, 22:59
ATM I'm not really interested because Rapture, Andrew Ryan and their whole mythology is why I love Bioshock in the first place. Without its atmosphere and message, this is really an entirely new game that happens to share a name with the others.

I might try it of course, but I don't know why they don't just call it something else. It's like making a FPS with a male character set in the future and then call it "Tomb Raider".

Carbonek_0051
12-08-10, 23:02
And the fact it's made by the original team doesn't mean anything? They could top Rapture for all we know, I mean they are the ones who created it in the first place.

Paddy
12-08-10, 23:03
No one said it was bad.
Not here anyway, people whilst entitled to their views rubbish the second game a lot elsewhere, being so many love the first one, the second game gets underated at times imo.
Either way Im keen to see what Infinites like.

Lara's Nemesis
12-08-10, 23:05
I'm glad that the game is not set in Rapture, 2 games was enough for me.

Paddy
12-08-10, 23:06
I'm glad that the game is not set in Rapture, 2 games was enough for me.
I concur, a change of location keeps me interested.

Encore
12-08-10, 23:07
And the fact it's made by the original team doesn't mean anything? They could top Rapture for all we know, I mean they are the ones who created it in the first place.

Of course, it's why I'll probably still buy it, but what I mean to say is: FPS are not my favourite genre at all, and it's safe to say that Rapture is the main reason why Bioshock is my favourite game (its atmosphere, etc.). I'm sure you can understand why I feel I won't like this new one as much, considering it's not set in Rapture. I'm not saying it as a fact, just my feelings ATM.

Hell, I hope I enjoy it more than Bioshock, because it had to be pretty ****ing brilliant for that to happen.

interstellardave
13-08-10, 00:02
No one said it was bad.

True, that word wasn't used... but these aren't ringing endorsements, LOL:

Nope, because I felt the second game was a complete waste of time. As much as I loved Rapture, I do think it was best left to the first one. This would have been a way better sequel than the one we got. Oh well, now we have this and I am pumped! :jmp:

Paddy
13-08-10, 04:01
I for one wouldve been annoyed had this been the sequel and not the one we got :p

toughraid3r37
13-08-10, 04:26
Yay!!! Another Bioshock :jmp::jmp:

Weemanply109
13-08-10, 04:51
This game looks awesome the trailer is A+! :tmb: The game looks more interesting than rapture. 1 game in rapture was enough thanks.

I do agree with most peeps that Bioshock 2 was an utter disappointment, boring and pointless but the Multiplayer was quite interesting.

No lol, I agree. Bioshock 1, I liked, although both games were a bit boring. The 2nd one was incredibly boring compared to the first. This setting change is the best move for the Bioshock series. :D

I for one wouldve been annoyed had this been the sequel and not the one we got :p

What? Bioshock 2 = Nothing. Did it get any awards like the first one? :whi:

Paddy
13-08-10, 04:53
To you and others perhaps, but I loved the game more then the first one. And games dont have to win awards for me to like it :p

Weemanply109
13-08-10, 05:14
Yea I forgot to mention that tis all opinion. Just stating before a fight happens :)

Paddy
13-08-10, 05:17
A fight was never gonna occur tbh. I can understand why some thought Bioshock 2 was a letdown.

silver_wolf
13-08-10, 05:29
Holy hell. I never got into the first Bioshock but this looks awesome.

Paddy
13-08-10, 05:31
Having seen some of those images Im less excited and will set low expectations.

silver_wolf
13-08-10, 05:33
Did you watch the trailer?

Paddy
13-08-10, 05:35
Yep, opinion remains the same. Not saying it looks **** but Id rather play it when its out and judge it then.

Ward Dragon
13-08-10, 05:35
ATM I'm not really interested because Rapture, Andrew Ryan and their whole mythology is why I love Bioshock in the first place. Without its atmosphere and message, this is really an entirely new game that happens to share a name with the others.

I might try it of course, but I don't know why they don't just call it something else. It's like making a FPS with a male character set in the future and then call it "Tomb Raider".

It does seem to have a lot in common though -- a utopic city gets built that is in some way extremely isolated from the rest of civilization, something goes wrong, our character is trying to figure out what happened while the city's survivors try to kill him, there are apparently tonics that grant abilities like the plasmids did, there's some kind of mechanical Big Daddy type enemy trying to kill us, and I even saw a horrible yet amusing poster in the trailer :p

Granted you might not like it anyway, but at least so far it really does seem to carry over a lot more from Bioshock besides just the name :)

silver_wolf
13-08-10, 05:41
Was it me, or was that guy with the gramophone supposed to be Ryan? I don't know much about the story, since I never finished the first game.

Ward Dragon
13-08-10, 05:49
Was it me, or was that guy with the gramophone supposed to be Ryan? I don't know much about the story, since I never finished the first game.

I suppose it's possible Ryan could have been in his twenties in 1912, but I'm kind of wary of any crossover. He was perfect in Bioshock and I'm afraid if they keep playing with him they'll ruin him XD

Paddy
13-08-10, 06:12
Have to admit my lack of excitement was based on being ****ed off anyway :(
I watched the vids and images again and think they all look awesome

Lara's Nemesis
13-08-10, 06:44
It does seem to have a lot in common though -- a utopic city gets built that is in some way extremely isolated from the rest of civilization, something goes wrong, our character is trying to figure out what happened while the city's survivors try to kill him, there are apparently tonics that grant abilities like the plasmids did, there's some kind of mechanical Big Daddy type enemy trying to kill us, and I even saw a horrible yet amusing poster in the trailer :p

Granted you might not like it anyway, but at least so far it really does seem to carry over a lot more from Bioshock besides just the name :)

I agree, I'm pretty sure the game will follow the same kind of philosophies that were in the original game.

Rapture was an amazing creation and hopefully the new city will be just as interesting. I love the idea of a city in the sky, would have been a lot easier for them to keep the game in Rapture.

MangelinaJolie
13-08-10, 06:46
I would prefer another System Shock but I suppose this will do. :o

TippingWater
13-08-10, 06:52
I can't believe there is already a Bioshock 3 and TRIX hasn't even been officially confirmed :( , I know the games are made and published by different people but still :o.

Paddy
13-08-10, 07:12
Not bothered about TR 9 not being announced, plenty of other games I personally am more eager for.

PoseidonsDeath
13-08-10, 07:41
What a crappy trailer xD The game looks pretty nice though!

Joking, Right?:pi:

I'm just wondering how they're going to bring back the creepy darkness and the amazing lighting effects of the water. That really made the game amazing for me. But this looks like it's going to be pretty well lit the entire time. Oh well, they'll pull it off, I'm sure.

TippingWater
13-08-10, 07:48
Not bothered about TR 9 not being announced, plenty of other games I personally am more eager for.

:oYeah , but about the rest of us that mainly play Tomb Raider games :( ?

Lara's Nemesis
13-08-10, 07:51
:oYeah , but about the rest of us that mainly play Tomb Raider games :( ?

There has not been a really good Tomb Raider game for about 10 years tho.:(

Carbonek_0051
13-08-10, 07:53
There has not been a really good Tomb Raider game for about 10 years tho.:(

:smk:

Ward Dragon
13-08-10, 07:54
:smk:

Give him a break, Guardian of Light isn't out yet :whi:

Carbonek_0051
13-08-10, 07:56
-_-' :smk:

On topic, I am curious to see how they can retain the atmosphere of the first game within a bright city. But then again, I shouldn't worry. These guys are like the kings of atmosphere. :p

Paddy
13-08-10, 07:57
And even then :whi: lololol

Lara's Nemesis

I don't see that as a Tomb Raider game, it does look really well done tho.

Hopefully GOL will be successful tho, as long as it doesn't distract from Tr9 which I'm sure will be awesome. We live in hope.:p

*laralover*
Sounds great :)

Ward Dragon
13-08-10, 07:58
On topic, I am curious to see how they can retain the atmosphere of the first game within a bright city. But then again, I shouldn't worry. These guys are like the kings of atmosphere. :p

Who says it will be bright the whole game? I doubt the game will only cover a few hours in story-time so night is bound to happen sooner or later :D Not to mention a thunderstorm would be terrifying if we were literally right in the middle of it with ball lightning shooting across the city hitting the balloons :eek:

Survival
13-08-10, 08:18
I think the only reason this game has "Bioshock" in it´s name is because it´s already a well known brand and it´s safer to continue a series then to start a new one.

While it shares some themes with original it´s really a completely different experience. This looks more like light hearted fun then serious dark story the first Bioshock had. Looking forward to it.

WSOwen02
13-08-10, 18:36
I think the only reason this game has "Bioshock" in it´s name is because it´s already a well known brand and it´s safer to continue a series then to start a new one.

Giant Bomb agrees:

http://www.giantbomb.com/talkin-bout-bioshock-infinite/17-3050/

Lara's home
13-08-10, 18:51
This doesn't seem like an awful attempt at milking to you?
Maybe next time, we'll have a city in SPACE!

Laras Backpack
13-08-10, 19:11
Okay. Guess I know what my mum will be buying for me in 2012. :D I enjoyed Bioshock 2 and the original Bioshock.... what can I say? It's a work of art in my eyes. Superb. So, yeah- super excited about this.

True. Wouldn't be the first time. But there may be another reason. I've always thought that the name Bioshock (as well as refering to the System Shock games of which Bioshock is sometimes considered a 'spiritual successor' of) was a reference to the genre of biopunk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biopunk#Science_fiction_genre)- a gritty, violent distopia where the inhabitants have been subject to biological experiments and genetic modification. Perhaps what happens in Columbia runs along similar lines. Just a theory.

Smog
13-08-10, 19:22
Has anyone said 'Skyoshock' yet? Am I late to the party with that? :o

Lara's home
13-08-10, 19:23
WSOwen02's link said it first. :p

Weemanply109
14-08-10, 04:54
This doesn't seem like an awful attempt at milking to you?
Maybe next time, we'll have a city in SPACE!

Hardly. We had Bioshock in 07, Bioshock 2 in 2010 and Bioshock Infinite (3) in 2012. That isn't milking. CoD and FIFA are

Gladous
14-08-10, 04:56
I can't wait for this game! I saw the screens on Gamespot earlier and was amazed! It looks SO good! :jmp:

Weemanply109
14-08-10, 04:59
I can't wait for this game! I saw the screens on Gamespot earlier and was amazed! It looks SO good! :jmp:

Yes! :jmp:

Lara's home
14-08-10, 11:58
Hardly. We had Bioshock in 07, Bioshock 2 in 2010 and Bioshock Infinite (3) in 2012. That isn't milking. CoD and FIFA are

My point is that naming this game Bioshock is an attempt at milking the franchise. I don't know about you, but Bioshock = Rapture to me. Not a completely different city in the sky.

Paddy
14-08-10, 12:05
Yeah would hate to think they were milking this franchise.

larson n natla
14-08-10, 12:14
My point is that naming this game Bioshock is an attempt at milking the franchise. I don't know about you, but Bioshock = Rapture to me. Not a completely different city in the sky.

How is it milking, the story is a prequel, Bioshock is about the developments of Plasmids and Eve and Adam, Big Daddies and fairy tale land scape's steeped in art deco style.

This looks to be a new take in an environment I have always wanted to play in, a city in the sky.

To me it would be milking it if they went back to Rapture assuming it was even built in the time the game takes place in, because we have been there done that and bought *Irish Accent* the god damn splicers *Irish Accent* it's time for something new.

Lara's home
14-08-10, 12:37
So if I make a Halo that is a prequel, set in the present, it is not milking?

Laras Backpack
14-08-10, 12:48
How is it milking, the story is a prequel, Bioshock is about the developments of Plasmids and Eve and Adam, Big Daddies and fairy tale land scape's steeped in art deco style.

I agree. The game is called 'Bioshock' not 'Rapture'. I'm attached to Rapture too but the game is about more than this city. It's concepts revolve around morality, consummerism, socialism, collective responsibility and evolution. Rapture showcased these elements wonderfully but that doesn't mean another city cannot work just as well. To see only Rapture is to see only a tiny fraction of Bioshock's significance IMO.

larson n natla
14-08-10, 12:57
So if I make a Halo that is a prequel, set in the present, it is not milking?

Well I don't think Halo had a city underwater that couldn't of been built yet, you could say tomb raider has been milked for the cash cow but Bioshock only has 2 releases and lots of unanswered questions I think Bioshock infinite will be a nice change hopefully you'll still enjoy it if you choose to play it.

I agree. The game is called 'Bioshock' not 'Rapture'. I'm attached to Rapture too but the game is about more than this city. It's concepts revolve around morality, consummerism, socialism, collective responsibility and evolution. Rapture showcased these elements wonderfully but that doesn't mean another city cannot work just as well. To see only Rapture is to see only a tiny fraction of Bioshock's significance IMO.

Couldn't of put it better :tmb:
I want the game so badly it's a whole 2 years away.

Laras Backpack
14-08-10, 13:49
Just found a message from Ken Levine (http://irrationalgames.com/insider/announcement-from-ken-levine/), creative director of Irrational games and of the original Bioshock. He actually approaches the subject of Bioshock without Rapture:

When we completed the original BioShock, we felt we had said all we wanted to say with Rapture, but we weren’t done with the idea that is BioShock. BioShock is so much more than a story of a single place or a single time. We had so much more we wanted to say.

There are two core principles for us that define a BioShock game. First, it has to be set in a world that is both fantastical and yet also grounded in the human experience. Second, it has to provide gamers with a large set of tools, and then set them loose in an environment that empowers them to solve problems in their own way.

(Emphasis mine)

Now this isn't to say to that those who feel Bioshock is inseparable from Rapture are wrong. Despite a creator's wishes a franchise can take on new and different meanings through it's fans' individual experiences. That's not a bad thing IMO.

But from what Levine says above and when looking at the core tenants of the original game I think it's very unfair to assume that Irrational using the Bioshock name is down to greed and 'milking'. I think Levine is earnest when he says that he and his team see Bioshock as more than a single place or time.

trXD
14-08-10, 14:01
So... you think this willl link up to rapture in some way or is the bioshock series supposed to become a chronicles of different locations and stories?

Lara's home
14-08-10, 15:08
Now this isn't to say to that those who feel Bioshock is inseparable from Rapture are wrong. Despite a creator's wishes a franchise can take on new and different meanings through it's fans' individual experiences. That's not a bad thing IMO.

But from what Levine says above and when looking at the core tenants of the original game I think it's very unfair to assume that Irrational using the Bioshock name is down to greed and 'milking'. I think Levine is earnest when he says that he and his team see Bioshock as more than a single place or time.

Well, I wont argue more, since there's nothing left to really argue about. However, that the developers say that isn't the "red truth" in any way. They always say that in order for it to sound like a "real" sequal/prequal. The only times I believe developers when they say that, is because I want to, not because it's very convincing.

Plus your arguments that it's called Bioshock and not rapture can be used to support my Halo prequel aswell. It's called "Halo", not "Year 2552" or "Future and space monsters".

And yes. Tomb Raider has been milked severly.

jarekhanzelka
14-08-10, 15:46
I wonder if you'll die in this game, you'll just reborn somewhere near, with all the enemies you killed on the way still dead, as in the first game. This feature made the first Bioshock painfully easy if you ask me, and it indeed was the biggest gameplay killer for me.

Lara's home
14-08-10, 16:20
^My guess is no, since this is probably going to be incredibly similar to Bioshock 1.
I just hope this game can actually keep the atmopshere. Bioshock 1 had great atmoshpere until I killed the doctor. After that, it got pretty lame.

trXD
14-08-10, 16:23
^My guess is yes, since this is probably going to be incredibly similar to Bioshock 1.
That is a bit of a thing to assume from one teaser trailer and a few enviroment shots (which look nothing like bioshock 1).

Seems to me like they are trying to make a fresher game, they added a whole different setting with a different feel i dont see why they would then use the same gameplay.

Lara's home
14-08-10, 16:26
You honestly don't think it's going to play like Bioshock 1, because the teaser looks different? (Though the content was almost exactly the same: Get attacked by "Big daddy", almost win, then die).

Encore
14-08-10, 16:36

True, it might not be due to marketing. Aparently the game still has some things in common with the first. The problem lies exactly in that question: is Bioshock inseparable from Rapture? We all have our own answers to this question.

My answer is that, as a mere player, I don't have the same experience with the Bioshock concept as the creators have. My experience is limited to what they offered me: a game entirely centered around Rapture and its story. It's obvious I will have a hard time making this detachment that for them seems so easy.

Furthermore, and having delved deeply into the story of the first two games (I am writing about it), I honestly believe that there was material for more games. I know everyone will disagree, but after having created a world as complex as Rapture is, it seems a waste of material to just throw it all away after 2 games. Bioshock 2 might feel "unnecessary" because its game mechanics are pretty much the same, you go around using adam and dealing with Little Sisters and splicers. But keeping the same setting and background and changing the actual gameplay entirely could open up far more interesting doors.

Now, like I said before, I agree that we all should just wait and see, but I also think my doubts are not that hard to comprehend.

Isaac
14-08-10, 17:04
Joking, Right?:pi:

No, I agree with him. I watched three times the trailer and... It was boring, just couple of quick random camera movements with screams, gimmick and nice graphics.

The idea of a city in the sky and the way it's builded was nice, but there's better way to introduce a game than moving the camera, there, there, there, there again with a pair of hands and shouting.

trlestew
14-08-10, 18:07
I wonder if you'll die in this game, you'll just reborn somewhere near, with all the enemies you killed on the way still dead, as in the first game. This feature made the first Bioshock painfully easy if you ask me, and it indeed was the biggest gameplay killer for me.

Probably so, but you do know you have the option to turn off that feature, and if you die it's game over/ reload your last save game.

All the doubters, it's a debut teaser trailer. Of course it won't show much. They might have just made the trailer have the same progression as the first BioShock trailer to give a homage to the seris and the fans. Of course some things would be the same. Just because it isn't Rapture, doesn't mean it isn't a Bioshock game.

I really think we should all wait some more before jumping to such conclusions that the game will be bad and that they are milking the franchise.

Paddy
15-08-10, 00:35
Must admit I like the idea that theyre trying to see if Bioshock will work outside Rapture.

Tommy123
15-08-10, 02:38
Im a huge fan of Bioshock, this looks to be amazing and im sure it will be

M.A.
15-08-10, 13:05
When I first saw the roses shooting up I thought, "Cool! Plant powers!" Then I realized it's just old school telekinesis. Meh....

:D

trXD
15-08-10, 14:03
You honestly don't think it's going to play like Bioshock 1, because the teaser looks different? (Though the content was almost exactly the same: Get attacked by "Big daddy", almost win, then die).
Yes, i honestly think that, of course i do its practically all we have.

When games do such a major change to a series like switching environment to something completely different they are usually going for different gameplay as well.

I mean i couldn't really say because nothing has been seen yet.

Lara's home
15-08-10, 14:58
Yes, i honestly think that, of course i do its practically all we have.

When games do such a major change to a series like switching environment to something completely different they are usually going for different gameplay as well.

I mean i couldn't really say because nothing has been seen yet.

You got any examples to back that up?

Antonio
15-08-10, 17:04
No, I agree with him. I watched three times the trailer and... It was boring, just couple of quick random camera movements with screams, gimmick and nice graphics.

The idea of a city in the sky and the way it's builded was nice, but there's better way to introduce a game than moving the camera, there, there, there, there again with a pair of hands and shouting.

It seams I have to agree with you, but still I want to know what kind of changes they made in the game, beside of city in the sky.

Laras Backpack
15-08-10, 17:20
My answer is that, as a mere player, I don't have the same experience with the Bioshock concept as the creators have.

But why would you? :confused: As I said in my other post, we all experience games differently. A piece of work takes on a life of its own in a way that the creator may not have originally intended. This is not rocket science. Neither is it wrong (quite the opposite in fact) or difficult to comprehend.

My experience is limited to what they offered me: a game entirely centered around Rapture and its story.

No. Your experience is limited to how you've interpreted what they offered you. Not the same thing. I see a story of human weaknesses, greed and ambition in a retro hidden city that'd tried to change the way its people thought, reacted and most crucially how their bodies worked through genetic alteration. That is the essence of the game for me. Rapture embodied these ideas beautifully and uniquely, but Columbia could too. I think it'd be a shame to put all our plasmids into one basket.

interstellardave
15-08-10, 23:11

It's a teaser trailer... all it's supposed to do is let you know that a new game is in the works, and give you a little hint about what it is. For me that makes it exciting 'cause I hadn't heard a single thing about it.

So, for me, it was exciting to know a new game is coming, then even more exciting to see that it's a wild new location; a city in the sky! That's pretty cool. :)

Paddy
16-08-10, 00:38
Im glad theyre not milking Rapture with a 3rd game, thats what it wouldve been imo.
A new location makes me more eager for this game :D

Encore
16-08-10, 00:59
No. Your experience is limited to how you've interpreted what they offered you. Not the same thing. I see a story of human weaknesses, greed and ambition in a retro hidden city that'd tried to change the way its people thought, reacted and most crucially how their bodies worked through genetic alteration. That is the essence of the game for me. Rapture embodied these ideas beautifully and uniquely, but Columbia could too. I think it'd be a shame to put all our plasmids into one basket.

You obviously misunderstood me here. I meant that the game was centered around Rapture's story - the game itself, physically, not its essence or deeper meaning. Rapture wasn't just a background, they created an elaborate history for it and then put you right in the middle, playing it out. That's what I meant.

In any case, I don't think it's of any use prolonging this argument since I already stated that my opinion on this subject has no influence in my active interest in this new game. I'm looking forward to trying it out just as much as you are. :wve:

Back on the game's topic: I think the aesthetics of this game might be similar to Howl's Moving Castle a bit, since the time period seems to be the same and they share the added fantasy element. I certainly hope so.

jarekhanzelka
15-09-10, 08:41
http://games.tiscali.cz/previews/bioshock-infinite-preview/

Some new screens within this preview.

Carbonek_0051
15-09-10, 09:01
The new Gameinformer has a large article on this. From what I read it sounds amazing. It also has a lot of new screens. :cln:

larson n natla
15-09-10, 16:20
I am loving how colourful the game is looking. Bioshock is one of my favourite series and Rapture was my favourite environment in any game but this is fresh and new. Roll on 2011 :jmp:

toughraid3r37
15-09-10, 16:26
Just watched the Teaser.

OMG the poor guy :eek:. This looks intense!!!!!!! So EXCITED :D :D

I loved the first 2 and this one reminds me of the first a bit since you get to be a guy again :).

domino92
16-09-10, 01:09
For the record, if you watch BioShock 1's teaser trailer, Jack dies a particularly horrific death too.

WSOwen02
18-09-10, 19:01
A little bit of gameplay footage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APBlbGm5ATw)

larson n natla
18-09-10, 19:04
Looks excellent thank you for the video.

trlestew
18-09-10, 19:21
Wait... so the full clip is exclusive to... *facepalm* '-_-

That little snip-it was good though.

Hybrid Soldier
18-09-10, 20:02
I actually like Bioshock 2 better than the first one. The one thing that stuck out about the first one was the plot twist toward the end. Both games still had the Rapture feeling to it. But giving credit to the first, you felt more vulnerable than you do in the second because in the second you're a big daddy. The story was kind of slow in the beginning of the second but i thought it really picked up the further you progressed.. that and a more emotional ending than the first one for sure.

Either way, a new setting is a nice a change and i know they'll be able to pull it off. Can't wait. :D

toughraid3r37
19-09-10, 21:17
Love the gameplay!! :D. I dont think i would have the guts to jump on a "zip line" like that :eek: lol. I hope the story of the game is just as, or maybe even better than the first 2 :p.

WSOwen02
21-09-10, 20:41
10 Minutes of gameplay (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0fDEA0BFSM)

Looks largely scripted but it is pretty.

Carbonek_0051
22-09-10, 12:05
I just watched it and wow. I cannot wait for this. I don't care how "scripted" it is. Bioshock for me was about the story and atmosphere. This seems to have both down. So I'm pleased. Plus I'm sure not all the game will be like that. It was most likely made that way for that demo to show off the powers and setting.

Anyway I want to replay the original now! :p

Antonio
22-09-10, 13:12

I just saw it and it looks crazy amazing:eek:, I love the visual design of city Columbia and Elisabeth looks little like Little Sister. I will keep my eye on this game.

Encore
22-09-10, 23:03
I didn't watch the entire gameplay video because I felt guilty for spoiling the first moments in Columbia. I want that to be so "awe inspiring" as it was playing in Rapture for the first time in the very first level.

But, from what I did see, it looks gorgeous and I can't wait to play it. :tmb:

matrix54
23-09-10, 01:18
He sounds like Garrett from thief :p

Weemanply109
23-09-10, 09:50
This Bioshock definitely does have a better atmosphere/setting than the first two. IMO. :jmp:

The gameplay looks AMAZING TOO!

Lara's Nemesis
23-09-10, 10:20
The new video was great, interesting to see there is another character in the game as well.

Really looking forward to this, just a pity we have to wait til 2012.

Weemanply109
23-09-10, 10:45
The new video was great, interesting to see there is another character in the game as well.

Really looking forward to this, just a pity we have to wait til 2012.

I wonder why they picked 2012 for the release date lol. Imagine if on the day of the release, Earth burned to pieces :yik:

MangelinaJolie
23-09-10, 11:46
I like the look of the game and I'm all for scripted events, but for some reason I'm very hesitant about them in this. It seems like a mess of randomness, especially toward the end of the gameplay. I suppose I'll have to wait for more.

Smog
23-09-10, 13:06
Giant Bomb did an incredible 45 minute interview (http://www.giantbomb.com/we-talk-to-ken-levine-about-bioshock-infinite/17-3261/) with Creative Director Ken Levine. I'm watching it now.

Encore
23-09-10, 13:41
I like the look of the game and I'm all for scripted events, but for some reason I'm very hesitant about them in this. It seems like a mess of randomness, especially toward the end of the gameplay. I suppose I'll have to wait for more.

I didn't watch the full video but it seems to me that a lot of games (modern ones) use plenty of "scripted events" during the first level of gameplay, because it's an introduction to the game. Could this be an explanation?

WSOwen02
23-09-10, 19:00
Jeff Gerstmann at Giant Bomb said that it was not scripted. He said that whole section was played in front of him.

hitnrun017
24-09-10, 04:21
Bought the first Bioshock yesterday after watching the 10 minute gameplay vid of Infinite. Hope it lives up to the hype.

jarekhanzelka
24-09-10, 17:50
He sounds like Garrett from thief :p

Probably because it's the same voice actor...:whi:

toughraid3r37
25-09-10, 15:42

I watched this on Xboxlive. I love it so far :D. And i love the fact that your character talks in this one :p.

Encore
25-09-10, 17:31
Bought the first Bioshock yesterday after watching the 10 minute gameplay vid of Infinite. Hope it lives up to the hype.

It's not the hype I'm worried, it's whether it lives up to the first game, or even the second (which I really did enjoy almost as much as the first).

But, I'm optimistic. :)

lcroft_lc
01-03-12, 15:16
BioShock Infinite Coming This Fall

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/2kgames/bioshock-infinite/bioshock106-610.jpg

Gamers will be able to discover Columbia this fall when developer Irrational Games and publisher 2K Games release BioShock Infinite.
The game comes out simultaneously for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC on October 16 in North America.

“After BioShock, we had a vision for a follow up that dwarfed the original in scope and ambition,” said Ken Levine creative director of Irrational Games. “BioShock Infinite has been our sole focus for the last four years, and we can’t wait for fans to get their hands on it.”

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/03/01/bioshock-infinite-coming-this-fall.aspx

Nemo_91
01-03-12, 15:18
omgomgomg

Still so far away though.

interstellardave
01-03-12, 16:37

You're in for a real treat! Don't just run and gun through it, though... take your time and really soak it all in. It's an amazing experience. :)

Carbonek_0051
01-03-12, 18:19
You're in for a real treat! Don't just run and gun through it, though... take your time and really soak it all in. It's an amazing experience. :)

That post was from 2 years ago. :p

interstellardave
01-03-12, 19:49
That post was from 2 years ago. :p

Well, not really... just 17 months. :o

Hey, I don't look at dates, anyway. It was only one page ago so I thought this topic was pretty current!

lcroft_lc
08-03-12, 14:37
BioShock Infinite video shows Motorized Patriot gameplay
Fresh from its unveil (http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/08/bioshock-infinites-motorized-patriot-shown-off-for-first-time/) this morning, 2K’s shown off the first of BioShock Infinite’s heavy hitting enemies, the Motorized Patriot, in video form. Ken Levine, as well as art director Nate Wells and lead artist Shawn Robertson, talk about the George Washington inspiration behind the foe and more. Get it below the break.

NRM0aXbP3hA

http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/08/bioshock-infinite-video-shows-off-motorized-patriot-gameplay/

domino92
10-03-12, 03:58

NRM0aXbP3hA

http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/08/bioshock-infinite-video-shows-off-motorized-patriot-gameplay/

THOSE ARE THE BEST THINGS EVER!!! I want my own now!

larafan25
10-03-12, 04:22
WOW That is creepy and bad ass. O.O

Catracoth
10-03-12, 06:48
Eh I'm not even interested in this to be honest. I loved the trailer, but the first game was barely enjoyable for me and I hated the second one. Damn.

just*raidin*tomb
10-03-12, 06:50
Okay those patriot guys are freaky as crap. Whoa. O_O

Weemanply109
10-03-12, 14:43
Eh I'm not even interested in this to be honest. I loved the trailer, but the first game was barely enjoyable for me and I hated the second one. Damn.

I think this game might surprise you though, it's really different from the first two.

Nemo_91
10-03-12, 15:12
I love love love the robot George Washington <3

Encore
10-03-12, 18:17

NRM0aXbP3hA

What the **** :vlol: Oh man, I love these guys and their awesome crazy ideas...... :hug: I want this game so bad. :(

lcroft_lc
14-03-12, 12:45
Handyman - BioShock: Infinite Heavy Hitters Part 2

2jC4GtKw7aM

interstellardave
14-03-12, 15:23
This is going to be awesome!

Nemo_91
10-04-12, 10:56
New concept arts here:

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/4/9/2935829/bioshock-infinite-concept-art#3238332

Nemo_91
08-08-12, 21:12
BioShock Infinite Loses Two Developers

Art director and director of product development depart Irrational.

Two members of the BioShock Infinite development team have left Irrational Games. Director of product development Tim Gerritsen and art director Nate Wells have each left the studio, confirmed by Gerritsen changing his LinkedIn profile to reflect the change and Wells saying in his Twitter bio “New Job … Details to follow.” (The bio has since been removed.)

Gerritsen joined Irrational in 2008 after previously serving as chairman and business director of Prey 2 developer Human Head Studios. According to Gerritsen’s LinkedIn page, at Irrational he “oversaw the product development division of the company, and directly managed the content creators for BioShock Infinite.” He also had duties that “included interfacing with our corporate home base and publishing partners, strategic level partners and vendors, conducting contract negotiation, strategic level planning, hiring and recruitment, and supervising our day to day development.”

Wells, meanwhile, worked at Irrational for 13 years. According to Irrational co-founder and creative director Ken Levine’s Twitter account, Wells will be replaced by BioShock art director Scott Sinclair. “Scott Sinclair, art director of Bio1, back in the art director's chair for Infinite to bring it home,” Levine wrote. “Can't wait to show you what's cooking."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/08/bioshock-infinite-loses-two-developers

Ouch. :/

Carbonek_0051
08-08-12, 22:44

trlestew
09-08-12, 02:00
The game is not coming out until 2023! D:

No but really, this shouldn't be too worrying.
There is an estimated 6 months from now, until release. At this stage in development, the game should be feature complete (thus no need for an art director) and undergoing project management. The lack of a director is more of a concern, but it's possible that the game itself is already essentially done (ie: Tomb Raider) and that the developers are focusing on fixing bugs, last minute design choices (Like the last minute decision to include the Big Daddies in the original BioShock in the last few months of development at that! :eek: ) focus groups.

Enlighten yourselves (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle)! :D

Lara's Nemesis
09-08-12, 02:11
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/08/bioshock-infinite-loses-two-developers

Ouch. :/

Sad that Nate Wells has left, not that bothered about the other guy.

Sir Croft
09-08-12, 02:47
On the bright side, they're so far into development that I think they just can't screw it up anymore. Just keep polishing that already blinding shiny pearl you have while we wait for the torturous February 23 release date.

Nemo_91
09-08-12, 07:40
On the bright side, they're so far into development that I think they just can't screw it up anymore. Just keep polishing that already blinding shiny pearl you have while we wait for the torturous February 23 release date.

*26 :( :p

Poke Warrior
09-08-12, 14:13
Whats everyone upset over?

Linoshi Croft
10-08-12, 18:52
http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2012/08/10/bioshock-infinite-staff-leave-multiplayer-canceled-team-struggle-to-meet-promise/

Uh-oh...things aren't looking too good.

Poke Warrior
10-08-12, 18:55
If Bioshock Infinite gets cancelled, I will personally go to finish it myself!

Nemo_91
10-08-12, 18:55
Oh no.

I'll shoot someone if it gets cancelled.

But no, it won't.

Sir Croft
10-08-12, 19:02
I... I need to lie down...

trlestew
10-08-12, 19:10
Why must all the promising titles get stuck in a rut? :(
I'm hoping some of the extra news is irrelevant to the development of this game.

Nemo_91
10-08-12, 19:22
Oh Elizabeth.

irishhips
10-08-12, 19:24
No no no no no :(

Ward Dragon
10-08-12, 22:27
Damn, that's sad :( I don't think the game will be canceled, but now I'm worried about the quality of the game when it does come out.

Carbonek_0051
10-08-12, 22:31
All hope for this game is dwindling.

MangelinaJolie
10-08-12, 23:05
They took Rod Fergusson in. There is no hope. :(

Encore
10-08-12, 23:48
Couldn't care less about multiplayer, if that's what they have to sacrifice in order to put the game out, I'm fine with it. Just as long as the game does come out (in finished form).

Ward Dragon
11-08-12, 01:07
Couldn't care less about multiplayer, if that's what they have to sacrifice in order to put the game out, I'm fine with it. Just as long as the game does come out (in finished form).

I don't care about multiplayer either, but the article implied that the story wasn't finished and they were having trouble with other aspects of single-player as well :(

larson n natla
11-08-12, 14:46
I'm guessing the studio won't be happy with them wasting months of resources on a multi-player only for it to be scrapped.

Nemo_91
10-10-12, 15:18
Omfg fkaofjsfjfajs

BioShock Infinite blackout to finally end next week

Irrational Games begins countdown to new trailer

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_291849_thumb_wide300.jpg

Irrational Games is set to show off BioShock Infinite for the first time since the announcement of its 2013 delay earlier this year.

This morning a countdown has appeared on the game's official Facebook page, ticking towards a new trailer release which looks set for Sunday, October 21 at midday BST (7am EST).
Back in May publisher Take-Two delayed the BioShock Infinite release date from this October to February 26, 2013.

At the time creative director Ken Levine said the long-awaited action RPG wouldn't be shown at this year's E3 and Gamescom shows. "That way, the next time you see our game, it will be essentially the product we intend to put in the box," he said.

The slip was allocated to a new 'opportunity' that Levine said would "make Infinite into something even more extraordinary." It's been speculated the addition in question could be a multiplayer mode.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/372479/bioshock-infinite-blackout-to-finally-end-next-week/

Linoshi Croft
10-10-12, 16:41
Well that's good news. I seriously was expecting something more along the lines of a cancellation with the mess they got in. Nice to see things might still be all right on release.

domino92
10-10-12, 20:15
They would never cancel the game this late in it's development cycle. They would just pull a AoD and release an unfinished product. Though Ken Levine does get special privileges I'm sure, they'd just delay the game again.

Encore
10-10-12, 20:39
Omfg fkaofjsfjfajs

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/372479/bioshock-infinite-blackout-to-finally-end-next-week/

:tmb:

Sir Croft
10-10-12, 20:58
Thank God!

just*raidin*tomb
10-10-12, 21:29
Omg yay. :D

Tommy123
11-10-12, 00:01
Awesome! I was worried there for a lil bit i must admit

just*raidin*tomb
11-10-12, 03:10
Well that's good news. I seriously was expecting something more along the lines of a cancellation with the mess they got in. Nice to see things might still be all right on release.

What mess?

domino92
11-10-12, 03:38
The mess people overreacted about.

Just go back a couple pages, this thread isn't a very busy one.

lcroft_lc
18-10-12, 12:25
BioShock Infinite: Ultimate Songbird Edition announced

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8465/8096931717_a43af6b85e_z.jpg

Imagine you get to work with Robb Waters, the concept artist who visualized the cover of System Shock. The Trickster in Thief. Man-Bot in Freedom Force. BioShock’s Little Sisters. Sander Cohen. And BioShock Infinite’s Songbird.

Now imagine you can get him to personally conceive and oversee the production of the coolest statue in the world.

Then imagine we put that huge sucker in a period-style box, with custom artwork by Robb and Irrational concept artist Jorge Lacera. And that box went IN the collector’s edition box so you could leave that guy unpunched in his original packaging while you tear happily into the rest of the goodies.

Now imagine that 9-and-a-half-inch statue looked like this…

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8050/8096931549_4873d81e14_z.jpg

That monster is what’s in the Ultimate Songbird Edition of BioShock Infinite. But if your sugar daddy won’t pony up for the whole megillah, there’s also the Premium Edition, which includes a giant pile of swag:

A 3-inch baby version keychain of the sold-out Murder of Crows vigor bottle replica.
A 5 x 7-inch lithograph by Jorge Lacera.
A 25 millimeter, resin-cast Handyman miniature from the upcoming BioShock Infinite board game by Plaid Hat Games, makers of Summoner Wars.
A mini art book, full of BioShock Infinite concept art and commentary, with a hand-distressed cover.
Various digital goodies: exclusive in-game gear, a digital soundtrack and downloadable themes.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8324/8096939668_14d75baf85_z.jpg

Of course, all of the above is also included in the Ultimate Songbird Edition. And for the true nerds in the audience, the Songbird statue, the Murder of Crows keychain, and the Handyman all come in separate custom packaging. Both Collector’s Editions will be available in limited quantities, so yadda yadda, sign your life away right now! All collector’s editions will be up for pre-order in Europe and Australia from Monday 22nd October.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/10/18/bioshock-infinite-ultimate-songbird-edition-showcased/

Sir Croft
18-10-12, 12:46
That's beautiful.

domino92
18-10-12, 14:16
It's..... a masterpiece.... Ken Levine, have my babies! I'm a dude so that's messed up kinda.

tomblover
18-10-12, 14:21
BUT I NEED TO SAVE MONEY OMFG WHY DO THEY HAVE TO MAKE THIS SO PERFECT AND DESIRABLE

shutting down tbh

Nemo_91
18-10-12, 15:57
It's ****ing perfect.

Tommy123
18-10-12, 18:36
I needs it!

Encore
18-10-12, 20:50
That's amazing.

But, I'm a bit scared of buying something so expensive and memorable and then the game itself being a huge disappointment.

However if the game is as good as I hope it is, then I might try to track down that statue through ebay.

just*raidin*tomb
18-10-12, 20:52
I need the trailer now.

Nemo_91
19-10-12, 09:55
I need the trailer now.

+1.

I hope it's the final product they will show.

Encore
19-10-12, 11:14
I need the trailer now.

Screw the trailer, I need the game. :pi:

just*raidin*tomb
19-10-12, 14:10
Screw the trailer, I need the game. :pi:

Touche.

lcroft_lc
21-10-12, 07:56
And hold your breathe for the trailer:

bLHW78X1XeE

scremanie
21-10-12, 08:04
I feel like there's too much going on. Like I'd fail at the game, because I wouldn't be able to follow everything that's going on, on the screen. MOG.

Sir Croft
21-10-12, 08:13
Flawless trailer.

Nemo_91
21-10-12, 09:25
It looks FLAWLESS. ;_; Hurry up February!

lcroft_lc
21-10-12, 10:05
Yeah hurry up February 26. Then it will be only 7 days away for Tomb Raider. :jmp:

Nemo_91
21-10-12, 10:14
Yeah hurry up February 26. Then it will be only 7 days away for Tomb Raider. :jmp:

I'm more excited for Infinite. :p

BOARD GAME!

http://i.imgur.com/JwkZP.jpg

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/20/bioshock-infinite-board-game-details-revealed

trlestew
21-10-12, 15:13
This might be the first time I ever consider pre-ordering several months before release. ._.

lcroft_lc
21-10-12, 15:16
Don't know why but for some reason, I didn't like the music they used in the trailer!

Lara's Nemesis
21-10-12, 18:07
Great trailer, the start was really similar to Bioshock. I take it that is Elizabeth with the yellow hat on?

http://i46.************/6ga3bk.jpg

Sir Croft
21-10-12, 18:18
Yeah, it's pretty cool that the game starts like the first Bioshock. Although I wonder how they'll get to Columbia. Balloons? :p

Lara's Nemesis
21-10-12, 18:29
Could be. :p

I wonder if that is actually Rapture at the start.

I need this game in my life. :D

Nemo_91
21-10-12, 18:32
^I hope it is!

INCINERATE!! :cln:

http://i.imgur.com/C3sm6.png

/spoiler

Lara's Nemesis
21-10-12, 18:33
^

Looks great.

just*raidin*tomb
21-10-12, 20:00
Oh wow. The trailer was amazing. I'm so excited.

trlestew
21-10-12, 20:04
One thing I noticed, it's much more cinematic than the first BioShock based off the new trailer.

domino92
21-10-12, 22:54
I just.... oh God... OH GOD....1!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!1

Whew, okay. I'm okay now.

Carbonek_0051
21-10-12, 22:54
Haven't watched the trailer yet, I am not sure I want to. I don't want to get my hopes up for this game, would rather just be surprised.

_Awestruck_
21-10-12, 23:06
I need this game in my life. That trailer was awesome.

Nemo_91
22-10-12, 12:46
HQ screens from the trailer! The atmosphere is perfect.

http://i.imgur.com/O7dEP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5QZb6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Kw4iW.jpg

lcroft_lc
22-10-12, 13:16
Why American flag changed there? What year is the setting of BioShock Infinite?

Nemo_91
22-10-12, 13:19
why american flag changed there? What year is the setting of bioshock infinite?

Carbonek_0051
24-10-12, 18:20
**** me. I caved in and watched the trailer. It's safe to say I lost my pants no matter how much I tried to pull them back up.

Jesus. ****ing. Christ. I need this game in my life.

trlestew
24-10-12, 22:42
Never noticed there were characters who were normal, non mutated children in this one. How would that work out?

domino92
24-10-12, 23:26
None of the characters are mutated. Genetic splicing doesn't seem to have the same effect it did in the original BioShock. As far as I can see, the enemies are just radical humans, not splicers.

Anyone else play the Indistrial Revolution flash game yet? Apparently it unlocks ingame Perks, but you need a pre-order code to unlock it, and though I have it pre-ordered, I didn't get a code.

trlestew
24-10-12, 23:36
I meant there are children in this game. I mentioned non-mutated as someone was bound to mention the Little Sisters in BioShock. :p

Encore
25-10-12, 00:01
Could be. :p

I wonder if that is actually Rapture at the start.

How could it be? Rapture was built in 1946.....

Disclaimer: I am refraining from actually seeing the trailer because I don't wanna be spoiled. :pi:

Carbonek_0051
25-10-12, 03:34
Yeah there is no way this is Rapture. Rapture was not only built later, but it was never mentioned it was built above water first.

Lara's Nemesis
25-10-12, 03:41
How could it be? Rapture was built in 1946.....

Disclaimer: I am refraining from actually seeing the trailer because I don't wanna be spoiled. :pi:

Good point, well made. :p Maybe it is the first building blocks of Rapture tho? Like Carbonek said above?

The trailer doesn't really spoil anything btw. You know you want to watch it. :mis:

Carbonek_0051
25-10-12, 03:45
Nah, I have a feeling it will tie into the first somehow but I don't think Columbia is Rapture in any way.

Lara's Nemesis
25-10-12, 03:48
Wonder how long it would take to build Rapture? Is 30 years pushing it a bit? :p

It's definetely not the same structure that was at the top of Rapture, looks more like an ordinary lighthouse in Infinite Love how the start of the game is so similar to Bioshock tho.

Don't really know anything about the story of Columbia, hopefully keep it that way until I play the game. :D

Carbonek_0051
25-10-12, 04:07
Wonder how long it would take to build Rapture? Is 30 years pushing it a bit? :p

Rapture (also known as the North Atlantic project and the Rapture Colony) is a massive underwater city forged by the personal dreams of Andrew Ryan to escape from the political, social and religious anxieties of a post-World War II world. It was established on November 5, 1946 and finished in late 1951. It is located at 63° 2' N, 29° 55' W, which places it at about 433 kilometers west of Iceland's capital, Reykjavik.

This game is set in 1912, and Columbia was constructed by the American government and originally conceived as a floating symbol of American ideals at a time. :p

just*raidin*tomb
25-10-12, 04:09
Oh god.

Do you ever just die because you can't get over how many games you're geeking out over at the same time?

Yeah.

Lara's Nemesis
25-10-12, 04:10
Rapture (also known as the North Atlantic project and the Rapture Colony) is a massive underwater city forged by the personal dreams of Andrew Ryan to escape from the political, social and religious anxieties of a post-World War II world. It was established on November 5, 1946 and finished in late 1951. It is located at 63° 2' N, 29° 55' W, which places it at about 433 kilometers west of Iceland's capital, Reykjavik.

This game is set in 1912, and Columbia was constructed by the American government and originally conceived as a floating symbol of American ideals at a time. :p

Damn, 5 years. Nice job by the contractors to be fair. :D

Carbonek_0051
25-10-12, 04:12
Damn, 5 years. Nice job by the contractors to be fair. :D
Right? They probably never got a break. :vlol:

Lara's Nemesis
25-10-12, 04:15
Right? They probably never got a break. :vlol:

The conditions must have sucked also. :D

Guaranteed if that was built for real they would say 5 years at £50 million, would end up costing Ryan £500 million and taking 30 years. :p

Encore
25-10-12, 10:55
^ Yeah I always have to force myself to ignore that obvious goof. :p

Also, I always wondered about the population numbers. From what we see of Rapture it's practically a version of New York underwater. But there's no way they were going to populate it with 10 million people in the timeframe of a few years, and no one on the surface would even suspect of its location. (well, some did, but certainly not enough).

It's definetely not the same structure that was at the top of Rapture, looks more like an ordinary lighthouse in Infinite Love how the start of the game is so similar to Bioshock tho.

I still haven't seen the trailer but judging by your descriptions, sounds like they put that lighthouse as a tribute to the original Bioshock and not as an actual connection between the stories.

Lara's Nemesis
26-10-12, 16:00
Also, I always wondered about the population numbers. From what we see of Rapture it's practically a version of New York underwater. But there's no way they were going to populate it with 10 million people in the timeframe of a few years, and no one on the surface would even suspect of its location. (well, some did, but certainly not enough).

It is pretty vague about the population on it's Wiki page.

"Rapture's population numbered at least several thousand at its peak during the early 1950's and was composed of those people Ryan viewed as the "best examples" of mankind. "

It does look pretty big tho, my guess would be about 50,000.

Nemo_91
09-11-12, 18:35
You can download the first game for free at GameFly! :D

http://www.gamefly.co.uk/Download-BioShock/5001055/

matrix54
09-11-12, 19:02
*Wants free, digital download game*

*Credit Card required*

:hea:

digitizedboy
09-11-12, 19:34
Why do they want your credit card details if it's free? :confused:

just*raidin*tomb
09-11-12, 19:35
Sketchy. I have no idea why they'd need your credit card details.

Nemo_91
09-11-12, 19:38
Why do they want your credit card details if it's free? :confused:

They do? I didn't even check. That's pretty stupid.

matrix54
09-11-12, 20:06
Because you have to have a membership to download it. 9_9

trlestew
09-11-12, 23:33
You can download the first game for free at GameFly! :D

http://www.gamefly.co.uk/Download-BioShock/5001055/

Guys, if you never played BioShock, you should do this now!

GameFly is not a scam. They are a game rental and delivery service which requires credit card information (billing, shipping and all of that) even for free trials or in this case, free games.

just*raidin*tomb
11-11-12, 07:56
Guys, if you never played BioShock, you should do this now!

GameFly is not a scam. They are a game rental and delivery service which requires credit card information (billing, shipping and all of that) even for free trials or in this case, free games.
This is true, but still I don't understand why they'd need that kind of information for a free digital download.

matrix54
11-11-12, 13:29
^It's a membership. You need and account to download it. It just never occurred to them that maybe someone wants to download something free from a trusted site. If they're did, they're douches for wanting to raise the memberships for bragging rights.

And this is why people get torrents of stuff.

domino92
12-11-12, 01:20
Has anyone downloaded it or made a video about it to prove it's real? It might be a scam to get new memberships.

Nemo_91
20-11-12, 19:43
Lego Infinite!

http://i.imgur.com/k0lXM.jpg

Bigger version (http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7053/7027601139_63c982b94e_h.jpg)

interstellardave
20-11-12, 19:48
^It's a membership. You need and account to download it. It just never occurred to them that maybe someone wants to download something free from a trusted site. If they're did, they're douches for wanting to raise the memberships for bragging rights.

And this is why people get torrents of stuff.

They're offering a free game to members. If you're not a member you become a member and get the free game. Where's the wrong here?

Do people expect to go to their site and just get a free game with no commitment to rent games from them at all, ever?

matrix54
20-11-12, 20:11
It's not the membership. I don't mind the membership. I was going to sign up and everything, so it's not a biggy. It's the prospect of them requesting my credit card information when I haven't made a purchase yet. I know it a rental company and everything, but that's like giving your entire wallet to the mall you shop at, and hoping they don't take out anything before you purchase something. :p

^And serious, is there anything legos can't do? :p

interstellardave
20-11-12, 20:16
I'm sure that having a credit card on file is their way of charging you the monthly membership fee. Thus, it's required--unless they have other payment methods. You should check and see if other methods are accomodated.

Nemo_91
28-11-12, 19:17
Definitely No Multiplayer for BioShock Infinite

Answering a question regarding multiplayer in BioShock Infinite via Twitter, creative director Ken Levine has confirmed the game will not feature multiplayer.

This follows reports from early August claiming two multiplayer modes originally planned for BioShock Infinite had been cancelled.

No multiplayer was ever announced or confirmed for BioShock Infinite. The universally acclaimed original BioShock, still the second highest-rated Xbox 360 game on Metacritic, also featured no multiplayer.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/26/definitely-no-multiplayer-for-bioshock-infinite

---------

I don't care tbh.

Sir Croft
28-11-12, 19:29
Never played Bioshock 2's, most likely wouldn't play Infinite's.

just*raidin*tomb
28-11-12, 20:16

Well considering it doesn't and will not exist... you could be right. :p

domino92
28-11-12, 21:15

I got absolutely addicted to BS2's multiplayer, it was so much fun. Of course the community was so small you could basically call out friends you had played with before every time you played a match.

I stopped playing it when I remembered 2K published it and they **** up every multiplayer they're tasked with handling.

Carbonek_0051
28-11-12, 22:20

This.

Bioshock was never about MP for me. The whole reason I loved it was because of the wonderful atmosphere & story.

Tommy123
28-11-12, 22:23
Nobody will care. Who plays Bioshock for the multiplayer anyway?

Encore
28-11-12, 22:24

Exactly. I'm glad they made this decision, if they needed to sacrifice anything, I'm glad it was the multiplayer.

domino92
28-11-12, 22:49

No one. Multiplayer is just another checkbox EA, 2K, and other companies have so they can sell more copies and justify the sale of DLC.

Nemo_91
01-12-12, 11:54
Box art sneak peeks! :D

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mebqnxKr2v1rx72t9o1_400.jpg http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mebqnxKr2v1rx72t9o2_400.jpg http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mebqnxKr2v1rx72t9o3_400.jpg

Billy959
01-12-12, 14:00
http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/12610_313790832067579_1193898344_n.jpg

Nemo_91
01-12-12, 14:09
OMG! It's here! I quite like it, although I kinda liked the fake cover (http://i.imgur.com/WW5NS.jpg) better.

igonge
01-12-12, 14:12
Yeah, that fake cover is better.

Billy959
01-12-12, 14:39
I like it,but I think it's too "empty"!

Maybe if the character was bigger and there was a floating city background,and Elizabeth!

but the work is done greatly

larson n natla
01-12-12, 15:36
I like the cover!

matrix54
01-12-12, 15:56
What the **** is that! :mad:

Ashnod
01-12-12, 16:17
No one. Multiplayer is just another checkbox EA, 2K, and other companies have so they can sell more copies and justify the sale of DLC.

I enjoyed the BS2 MP more than I did its campaign. I understand that I'm one of the more vocal critics about BioShock 2 and how much I disliked it, but the MP was one of the aspects I genuinely enjoyed.

Saying that, though, I'm glad that Infinite will not have MP.

Weemanply109
01-12-12, 16:19
I like the cover, actually the composition of the real cover is much better than the fan-made one, but I wish they added the female character on the cover too.

domino92
01-12-12, 17:24
I enjoyed the BS2 MP more than I did its campaign. I understand that I'm one of the more vocal critics about BioShock 2 and how much I disliked it, but the MP was one of the aspects I genuinely enjoyed.

Saying that, though, I'm glad that Infinite will not have MP.

No, I'm in the same boat as you. I liked the MP more than the campaign, but that doesn't mean it just wasn't added for the sake of multiplayer as opposed to it genuinely adding to the experience.

As for the cover, it's okay. It's a nice piece of artwork, but haven't we had enough covers of the 'hero' standing in front of a set piece in a pose like that?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bf/Call_of_Duty_Modern_Warfare_3_box_art.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/69/Battlefield_3_Game_Cover.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e2/Warfighter.jpg/256px-Warfighter.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a3/Official_cover_art_for_Bioshock_Infinite.jpg

A little too... mainstream if you ask me.

Nemo_91
01-12-12, 17:29
http://i.imgur.com/PhUeX.jpg

:pi:

just*raidin*tomb
01-12-12, 18:07
I quite like it. :)