PDA

View Full Version : Cheat Codes

t-raider26
13-08-10, 00:36
Are cheat codes a thing of the past? No newer games that I know of have cheats anymore. I kinda miss them :(

Agent 47
13-08-10, 00:39
Some do, using them however lock Trophies and Achievements on the relevant console, Quite right imo too :D

Carbonek_0051
13-08-10, 00:39
I used to love cheat codes, but then I got better at games. ^_^

MangelinaJolie
13-08-10, 00:46
^ Same.

I still love cheats that add more fun to a game as opposed to making them easier though.. like pedestrian riot in GTA, for example.

trlestew
13-08-10, 00:48
I used to love cheat codes, but then I got better at games. ^_^

But what about those codes which gave you things you couldn't accomplish? Like a secret level, a different character... etc.
I miss those :(

_Beccaty_
13-08-10, 00:48
I miss the explode lara cheat..

Would love to see that in a newer game :D

just*raidin*tomb
13-08-10, 01:04
I miss the explode lara cheat..

Would love to see that in a newer game :D

THIS MEGA THIS

I miss codes yes. I would love little pointless codes just for fun like...DANCING LARA. :p

WSOwen02
13-08-10, 01:08
They're called DLC now

Love2Raid
13-08-10, 01:19
I miss the days that games used to be so hard that you actually needed cheats...:(:(

Or just for fun of course, like exploding Lara. :D
Man, was I surprised when I tried the all weapons cheat in TRII without a flare! :yik:!!

:vlol:

ozzman
13-08-10, 02:23
i love them , i miss them, if only they didn't block trophies though, i hated saints row II because of this

t-raider26
13-08-10, 04:07
i love them , i miss them, if only they didn't block trophies though, i hated saints row II because of this

You mean achievements? Cuz Saints Row 2 doesn't have trophies... Or is my game missing something? :p

Uzi master
13-08-10, 04:23
A lot of computer games let you use the devellopers console let's you do lots of things, but I do miss general cheat codes:(

Ceamonks890
13-08-10, 04:44
The only games I've played (so far) this generation that has cheat codes is Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. But all the cheats disable the ability to save the game(and achievements), except the Hulk, Thor and Jean Grey character codes. And the new Ratchet and Clank/Jak and Daxter games have cheats, but you have to unlock them through skill points/precursor orbs.

And of course don't forget, Underworld had cheats(which were 3 of Legend's cheats), but the codes are quite glitchy and don't always work. Unfortualy Crystal removed the cheats for Xbox 360 when they released the update for Lara's Shadow DLC:(.

I also do miss cheat codes in video games:( But since games are getting easier and easier each generation, there isn't really much point in having them, is there?

Alive_and_Funky
13-08-10, 09:49
UFC Undisputed 2010 has some unlockable characters that you can't get without cheat codes, with one of them being Shaquille O'Neal! :eek:

michaeldt
13-08-10, 10:01
they should do the exploding Lara cheat in the newer TR's! :D

tidusffxwakka
13-08-10, 12:25
i prefer the take some games pretty much only the tales does, is that on your 1st playthrough of a game you collect points etc for an rpg depending on how well you did in battle and after completion when you start a new game you can add in stuff like double xp or 10x, carry across money and items etc, and tweak the game a little.

that way you still have to play the game properly but when you restart you can make it a bit easier/ quicker

trlestew
13-08-10, 14:36
UFC Undisputed 2010 has some unlockable characters that you can't get without cheat codes, with one of them being Shaquille O'Neal! :eek:

Oh that is hilarious. Does he use a basket ball? :p

Lee croft
13-08-10, 14:43
But what about those codes which gave you things you couldn't accomplish? Like a secret level, a different character... etc.
I miss those :(

I remeber playing GTA3 ages ago and did the cheat to change character...i got told of for playing as a "lady of the night" :p

lara c. fan
13-08-10, 14:52
You mean achievements? Cuz Saints Row 2 doesn't have trophies... Or is my game missing something? :p

360 has achievements, PS3 has trophies. Essentially the same thing, though.

Chocola teapot
13-08-10, 15:05
I wish there was a cheat code to make the sun come out.

:'(

Super Badnik
13-08-10, 16:54
I know. Before the PS2/GC/Xbox almost every game seemed to have some cheat codes, but now only a rare few do.

ozzman
13-08-10, 17:23
anyone remember the Perky Lara code for AOD :vlol: it crashed my game

igonge
13-08-10, 17:30
360 has achievements, PS3 has trophies. Essentially the same thing, though.

He knows that, he's saying that Saints Row 2 doesn't have trophies on PS3.

t-raider26
13-08-10, 19:39
He knows that, he's saying that Saints Row 2 doesn't have trophies on PS3.

:tmb:

anyone remember the Perky Lara code for AOD :vlol: it crashed my game

:vlol: What did the code do? It sounds rather dirty :p

ozzman
13-08-10, 20:12
it was a Action Replay Code, that made her boobs point upword instead of a normal position, i mixed it with super speed and moon jumps and it froze my game :vlol:

Alive_and_Funky
14-08-10, 17:45
Oh that is hilarious. Does he use a basket ball? :p
Nah, Shaq doesn't need it. :p

Here's a clip of him in action:

4NLD517qWP0

Dark Lugia 2
14-08-10, 18:53
I wish more games had cheat codes nowadays. The funny ones really which dont let you do normal things in game - like in GTA where you could make the cars fly and walk on water. :p

ozzman
14-08-10, 19:36
I wish more games had cheat codes nowadays. The funny ones really which dont let you do normal things in game - like in GTA where you could make the cars fly and walk on water. :p

that's how i island hopped in GTA Vice City, :lol: when i sucked at missions :vlol: to this day i only beat 2 GTA games, Ballad of Gay tony and Lost and damned[hated the ending], and of course RDR, never one of the classics though.

i remember the infinate ammo code in RE2 and you got and infinate knife too :vlol: