PDA

View Full Version : Easiest Tomb Raider?

Uncharted_Tomb
13-08-10, 17:52
First things first, I'm 24 and have been gaming for years, since I could hold a controller. I'm not a bad gamer, but for the life of me I cannot get into the flow of the older games. I've tried, I've gave them a fair shake and I don't want to give up, that is the point of this topic.

So, disregarding Underworld, Legend, Anniversary and AOD, what would say was the easiest Classic Tomb Raider? I brought all the classics a while back when I really started getting into the lore of the series. Sadly, I didn't really get into any of them, then again I didn't play for long. I gave up. I guess a lack of motivation didn't help. I just wasn't enjoying the games. But, I want that to change, I want to love them, I do. Not only that, but I'm trying to justify the £35 I spent on them :p.

I figure, if I can get through the easiest one, that would be a good start, a good way to train myself for the harder games. Due to the fact I've only played the odd few minutes here and there of the games, I cannot say for myself what is the easiest/hardest Tomb Raider. So that my friends is why I'm asking for your assistance.

So, thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Cheers.

I, Tomb Raider
13-08-10, 17:55
I have only played TR4 and TR5, and Chronicles was kinda easier. ;)
Though they were pretty hard games to complete specially the last levels of TRC. :eek:

TRL is the easiest TR game on the other hand. :whi:

Chocola teapot
13-08-10, 17:55
TR1 or 2.

5 Perhaps.

IF ANYONE tells you TR3 or 4, They lie.

Gladous
13-08-10, 17:56
Tomb Raider Legend. :pi:

trlestew
13-08-10, 17:58
You didn't read the first post :o

The easiest classic would be Tomb Raider Chronicles, or Tomb Raider I

Mikky
TRL, of course. That was very easy. :p But it's still my favourite, though. :D That doesn't mean I like easy games. I just love the story! :D

Ampersand
Whatever you choose, don't go for TR3 or TR4. TRC isn't too hard, from what I remember, though it gets a lot of stick.

remote91
Easiest classic is probably the first.. or Chronicles

Chocola teapot
13-08-10, 17:59
Tomb Raider Legend. :pi:

TRL, of course. That was very easy. :p But it's still my favourite, though. :D That doesn't mean I like easy games. I just love the story! :D

READ THE FIRST POST.

lmao

jarekhanzelka
13-08-10, 18:00
Chronicles, period.

Super Badnik
13-08-10, 18:01
I would say Legend is the easiest, but if we're only including the first 5 games its Tomb Raider Chronicles.

Mikky
13-08-10, 18:06
EDIT - ^^^ Ahhh! We have to choose classics. In that case, it would have to be Chronicles. It's the only classic I managed to complete without a guide. :p

READ THE FIRST POST.

lmao

Do I have too? I'm not bothered. :p

marla_biggs
13-08-10, 18:07
Play through TR2 using the weapons cheat. You'll have a ball :)

sandygrimm
13-08-10, 18:16
First I played TR2 than TR1, but easiest TR2, 1 was too random:p

igonge
13-08-10, 18:17
TR5 for sure.

Drone
13-08-10, 18:17
Definitely TR2, you just kill the baddies, find all keys to get the hell outta there. And you can find secrets if you want. Reminds me of DOOM :D

jackles
13-08-10, 18:21
Actually in a sense it depends what you are playing on. I would say TR2 (save anywhere) but TR1 is probably just as good on PC as you can save anywhere on there too....but on console it is much more trying with limited saves!

So TR2 would be my bet!

thecentaur
13-08-10, 18:21
TR2 or TRC

Sgt BOMBULOUS
13-08-10, 18:24
To say that TR1 is the easiest doesn't tell the whole story. TR2 and especially TR3 could be in ways, unnecessarily aggravating... I'd say go for TR1 for sure.

Uncharted_Tomb
13-08-10, 18:44
Hmm, quick responses. Thanks :)

So, based on the majority, it seems to be a toss up of either TR:2 or Chronicles. I want to play the game tonight, so I will put it on immediately after I've beaten Underworld (Just got to Jan Mayen Island so not far to go).

In the meantime, I'll see if this thread gets anymore replies, and if so, I'll let them be the deciding factor (out of 2 and chronicles).

Cheers again.

Sir Croft
13-08-10, 18:45
Chronicles was very easy.

Ikas90
13-08-10, 18:49
Tomb Raider 1.

You can kill things so quickly.

ozzman
13-08-10, 18:49
Chronicles, period.

same , it's the only classic i ever beat :D

touchthesky
13-08-10, 18:52
Second one.

Easy Peasy.

TR-Freak
13-08-10, 18:57
Well...
I think TRC is the easiest from the classix.
but it counts on the one who plays it

Tyrannosaurus
13-08-10, 19:24
Chronicles may be easier, but it's less satisfying to play than TR2 or TR1. TR5 has an episodic feel, of course, but in the earlier classics you get a more satisfying sense of plot progression.

Avalon SARL
13-08-10, 19:26
TR1... I completed this game in less than a week when I first played it back in 1998... Yes, it had some fantastic moments, but it just seemed so simple and easy to complete... second comes TR5 (the last levels here were like the hardest)...

TR2 has got many hard traps to avoid...
TR3 harder...
TR4... is so difficult with lots of puzzles and amazing atmospheres :)

Through out the whole series, TRL is the easiest :)

ryan91
13-08-10, 19:27
trl obvie

ajrich17901
13-08-10, 19:28
Easiest would be 1,2 and Chronicles.

Killercowz
13-08-10, 19:30
Tomb Raiders 1, 2, and 5.

NemesisxAngelus
13-08-10, 19:32
Easiest classic? TR1.

Or maybe that's because that one's so imprinted so well on my memory. :pi:

TombRaiderLover
13-08-10, 19:33
Tomb Raider 3 and The Last Revelation are by far the easiest. Just joking.

just*raidin*tomb
13-08-10, 19:55
TR1 or TRC. Definately.

Lara Croft!
13-08-10, 20:17
Legend from all TRs.

From the Classics (all were difficult) I'll say Chronicles. But I had gained all that TR experience from the previous ones, so maybe it's unfair.

t-raider26
13-08-10, 20:23
Legend overall. But out of the Core I'd say TR2

xXhayleyroxXx
13-08-10, 20:36
Either Tomb Raider 1 or Chronicles.

jonathanrij
13-08-10, 20:56
TR1 and TRC for me aswell. I do find TR1 easier than TRC though. Some parts in TRC were just really difficult for me, like in the VCI levels. The hard part about TR1 (on the PS) is not being able to save wherever you want, so sometimes I had to repeat some parts like 10 times. Even so, they're the easiest Tomb Raiders in my opinion (and from alot of others aswell :p).

Blackmoor
13-08-10, 21:48
TR1 is the best classic to start with. It has a very gentle learning curve, which is exactly what you need to give you time to get a feel for the different controls. Once the controls become second nature to you, and they will, the game will be more like playing the later games. Except for the exploring. There's lots of wanderings in older TR games and sometimes you have to think a little.

By the time you get to the end of TR1, you will be a master of the old style and then will (if you still wish to) be able to play any of the others.

Good luck. :)

Uncharted_Tomb
13-08-10, 21:49
Tomb Raider Chronicles it is then. Maybe I'll update the thread with my progress, if I even get anywhere lol.

Thanks again for all the suggestions and comments. Wish me luck!

Rai
13-08-10, 22:41
Definitely play TR1 first as it's the best intro to the classics, not just because it is the first (:p), but because, as Blackmoor says, it has the the best learning curve. I tried starting with Chronicles and, to be honest, I didn't have the foggiest.

Yuna´s Wish
13-08-10, 23:00
I'd say it's Tomb Raider 1. It could be Tomb Raider Chronicles...but I think I played it when I was a bit older and more experienced, so it felt like a breeze just because of that.

larafan25
13-08-10, 23:03
TR1.

This game is very easy, however what gives it the edge and sometimes difficulty or frustration is how old the game is, out of the entire series by Core I'd say this one is harder then TRC however if it had been made when TRC was made, then it would have been easier. If that makes sense.

Shark_Blade
14-08-10, 01:17
You could try using cheats first. That's what I did when I first played the games, skipping the levels and watching all the beautiful fmvs.

The easiest tr, I would say tr5. Followed by tr 1 or 2.

Evan C.
14-08-10, 01:41
Tomb Raider Chronicles,miles away.The rope on the mill was a pain in the ass,but not harder like playing Tomb Raider 3 with being 10 years old and with just a bunch of crystal saves....jeez!,that was just insane.But I beat it...after a year.

larafan25
14-08-10, 01:48
Tomb Raider Chronicles,miles away.The rope on the mill was a pain in the ass,but not harder like playing Tomb Raider 3 with being 10 years old and with just a bunch of crystal saves....jeez!,that was just insane.But I beat it...after a year.

I've been using the cheat for crystals. I think the idea was cool, as the game is about collecting items, however I wanted to be able to save anywhere at anytime with any amount of crystals.:p

Evan C.
14-08-10, 01:56
I've been using the cheat for crystals. I think the idea was cool, as the game is about collecting items, however I wanted to be able to save anywhere at anytime with any amount of crystals.:p

At that time the only way I could get a cheat was buying videogames magazines,and I never was so lucky for found a cheat for unlimited saves crystals.Funny thing is that a time after of ending the game,I used by the first time ever internet and I founded that cheat....It was just...argh :hea:

DgoOdz94
14-08-10, 02:00
TR2. Sort of. At first it was tough but it got a lot easier after some time.

just croft
14-08-10, 02:01
Tomb Raider TR3 isn't the easiest as a whole but I think it's a very good one to start with and the level of dificulty increases at a moderate pace, so by the time things get hard you're probably going to find it easier to solve things (except the last four levels you can expect them to be near impossible in some parts!). I feel that other in Classic Tomb Raiders the increase of dificulty from one level to another is higher and so it might get more complicated...

But hey TRIII is also my favourite instalment so expect this to be a little bit baised :D

scremanie
14-08-10, 02:05
Legend.

If anyone disagree's, than they have something wrong with them.

larafan25
14-08-10, 02:06
Legend.

I disagree a lot.

I believe I am the easiest tomb raider fan.

scremanie
14-08-10, 02:12
I disagree a lot.

I believe I am the easiest tomb raider fan.

Than you have something wrong with you :pi:.

just croft
14-08-10, 02:33
Legend.

I disagree

So, disregarding Underworld, Legend, Anniversary and AOD, what would say was the easiest Classic Tomb Raider?

larafan25
14-08-10, 02:34
Than you have something wrong with you :pi:.

Naaawww Legend is the esiest.

I was just trying to make a joke about being easy and...well...poor execution.:/

Shark_Blade
14-08-10, 02:37
Legend.

If anyone disagree's, than they have something wrong with them.We all know that but the original poster asked about the classic games lol.

I disagree a lot.

I believe I am the easiest tomb raider fan.1. You disagree that Legend is the easiest? Something IS wrong with you.

2. No one is asking about you being a fan.

^edit: Ah, it's a joke huh? *shrug*:p

Gladous
14-08-10, 02:38
READ THE FIRST POST.

lmao

I don't care. It's the easiest. :ton: :ohn:

Fine. Tomb Raider 5. :pi:

larafan25
14-08-10, 02:38
Naaawww Legend is the esiest.

I was just trying to make a joke about being easy and...well...poor execution.:/

Ooooo look ,eventually I will have a poor reputation for this...:pi:

:}hello friend
14-08-10, 02:55
Tomb Raider IV. It's the easiest because I play it so much.

700th POST!!!

larafan25
14-08-10, 02:56
Tomb Raider IV. It's the easiest because I play it so much.

You know what, I have played it a lot too...I don't necessarily think it s easy, it has certainly gotten easier, but I think I am a more fluid player now.:)

scoopy_loopy
14-08-10, 04:17
TR II, I think. In TR III it's very easy to become lost, and it has some really hard puzzles and boss fights. However in TRIV and TRV things get a little ridiculous, in an "if I hadn't read the walkthough HOW would I know to do that?" kind of way - especially if you're new the Classics and don't really know what to look for.

tranniversary119
14-08-10, 04:51
The first game is the easiest to me out of the classics.

AmericanAssassin
14-08-10, 04:55
Easiest to hardest (out of the classics)...

1. Tomb Raider (1996)
2. Tomb Raider: Chronicles (2000)
3. Tomb Raider II (1997)
4. Tomb Raider III (1998)
5. Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation (1999)

Uncharted_Tomb
14-08-10, 10:45
I started playing Chronicles last night and think I've made some progress. I guess I'm still in Rome, I've just got to the part where you open the doors with the crowbar. Nice area, the bells chiming in the distance make for a good atmosphere.

The most trouble I'm having is controlling Lara. She feels quite heavy and cumbersome, but I'm getting used to it, and will push on.

RAID
14-08-10, 10:50
I have to say TR 2.

I played TR1 first, and considering I was younger and had no TR experience, I was not used to collecting keys, flipping switches, interacting with the environments and certainly not to the back tracking.

Lara Fan 4Life
14-08-10, 10:52
Easiest to hardest out of all the Tomb Raider games -

Legend
Underworld
Anni
TRC
AOD
TR1
TR2
TR3
TR4

larson n natla
14-08-10, 11:11
Tomb Raider 1 was the easiest

Tomb Raider AOD was the hardest only because of the game breaking glitches freezes and horrible controls oh and Boaz :(

lord gaga
14-08-10, 12:02
For classics go for 1 and 5 then go to 2,3 and 4 also look at aod. For cd games go 4 legend.

scremanie
15-08-10, 01:54
We all know that but the original poster asked about the classic games lol.

1. You disagree that Legend is the easiest? Something IS wrong with you.

2. No one is asking about you being a fan.

^edit: Ah, it's a joke huh? *shrug*:p

ahhhh, lol.. my bad.

Out of the classics.. hmm.. I would have to say.. TR 2. :)

TippingWater
15-08-10, 01:57
The easiest Tomb Raider is by far Underworld .

larafan25
15-08-10, 01:57
The easiest Tomb Raider is by far Underworld .

!!!!:O:O:O

Explain!:)

StefanJ94
15-08-10, 01:59
:vlol: I suppose nobody read the first post

larafan25
15-08-10, 02:02

No it seems people read the first post and decided to make it clear that they were going to select out of the entire series.:p

TippingWater
15-08-10, 02:04
!!!!:O:O:O

Explain!:)

Just play the game and you will understand , and for the classics I think Tomb Raider 1 was the easiest :) .

Lara_Fan_33
15-08-10, 02:05
the easiest classic tomb raider you ask? hmm.... i would have to say Tomb Raider Chronicles, it was one of my fav classics, but it was very short. :p

mind
15-08-10, 02:10
tr1

larafan25
15-08-10, 02:15
Just play the game and you will understand , and for the classics I think Tomb Raider 1 was the easiest :) .

I've played the game hundreds of times and do not see how it is easier than TRL.:p

Love2Raid
15-08-10, 02:16
After reading the whole first post, definitely TR-I. Chronicles is quite easy, but the VCI levels give me trouble.
The hardest is TR-III (just found my long-lost disk btw :yah:), followed by TRLR and TR-II.

Legend is obviously the easiest when you look at all games. ;)

silviu_raider
15-08-10, 02:17
For me, Tomb Raider Legend & TR1!

sjam_raider
15-08-10, 14:53
I found TRA really easy tbh :p
Legend was also quite easy, but out of the two, I personally found TRA the easiest.

M.A.
15-08-10, 16:13
Tsk... tsk... nobody read the first post anymore, do they? See a chance to pounce on Legend and type away we go!

Anyway, since you have ALL the classics, why not start in sequence, with TR1? Not the easiest per se, since the move set is a tad limited but it is among the most straight forward of the classics, bar a puzzle or two. :)

Blackmoor
15-08-10, 16:29
After reading the whole first post, definitely TR-I. Chronicles is quite easy, but the VCI levels give me trouble.
I remember those VCI levels as quite tricky in places, especially Red Alert. I'm surprised people are advising to start with Chronciles, as the easiest TR. :confused:

larafan25
15-08-10, 16:42
I remember those VCI levels as quite tricky in places, especially Red Alert. I'm surprised people are advising to start with Chronciles, as the easiest TR. :confused:

Because TRC is pretty polished in the sense that by the fith game Core knew how best to make a tomb raider game.

I mean compared to TR1 they are both pretty easy however the difference is the tech limit. In TRC the graphics are much better so you can better see what the heck is going on, also it is much more player friendly I find.

Madhu_and_Lara
15-08-10, 17:24
Tomb Raide Legend:jmp:

TippingWater
15-08-10, 17:27
I've played the game hundreds of times and do not see how it is easier than TRL.:p

For example it has no time-trials , which added a bit of difficulty to the game ;).

CiaKonwerski
15-08-10, 17:29
Definitely Tomb Raider:Legend and Underworld.

Blackmoor
15-08-10, 18:40
Because TRC is pretty polished in the sense that by the fith game Core knew how best to make a tomb raider game.

I mean compared to TR1 they are both pretty easy however the difference is the tech limit. In TRC the graphics are much better so you can better see what the heck is going on, also it is much more player friendly I find.Yeah, I suppose you're right. I suppose if I were to play TR1 for the first time after playing today's modern games I'd be like - omg, it's so grainy and blocky, is that box shaped, grey thing bouncing around me a wolf?!! Are those green spiky things, plants?!! lol. :D

TR-Freak
15-08-10, 19:02

"Easiest Tomb Raider? - Let's write Legend and Underworld here"
:jmp:

Your_Envy*
15-08-10, 19:03
From the classics I only played TRII and TR:TLR. Is AoD considered as a classic too or not? :)
In that case, I will say AoD. Cause II and TRL are freakin' hard. :eek: If not, I'll say TRII. Even though it's such a hard decision. :eek:

EDIT: Just saw without AoD. :o So yeah, TRII. :D

peeves
15-08-10, 20:59
Tomb Raider AOD is the easiest with no medi packs for me. I only count core's games as TR not Crystal's. So the hardest for me was TR5 because of the VCI levels Escape with the Iris and especially Red Alert and in Red Alert in order to beat with no medi packs it was quite a bit challenging to do.