PDA

View Full Version : When your ill?

Nausinous
16-08-10, 19:40
When you're ill, what's your copping strategy? Is there a particular food you eat or movie you like to watch? Disney films, dry toast and water for me. Discuss!

Alpharaider47
16-08-10, 19:46
I think I tend to sleep a little more when I'm sick, but I try to stay active. It's probably not the smartest thing in the world, but I don't wanna let sickness stop me! :D I drink a lot of orange juice when I'm sick as well. The Vitamin C's gotta be good for you, and if nothing else it's a placebo :p I'll usually sit and watch action/adventure movies too.

sjam_raider
16-08-10, 19:47
I generally lie around, listen to music and watch films. I try to have a little walk outside as well, being inside all the time makes me feel worse.

jackles
16-08-10, 19:47
I play games!

I had a massive allergic reaction which involved me coming out in weals all over my body..and to take my mind off it I played Assassins Creed as that had come out at the time.

And when I was ill with a virus for weeks this year good old dragon age got me through!

so......I play games.

Nausinous
16-08-10, 19:48
I think I tend to sleep a little more when I'm sick, but I try to stay active. It's probably not the smartest thing in the world, but I don't wanna let sickness stop me! :D I drink a lot of orange juice when I'm sick as well. The Vitamin C's gotta be good for you, and if nothing else it's a placebo :p I'll usually sit and watch action/adventure movies too.

I can't stand to be sat still and being ill never stops me which is probably why it takes me twice as long to recover!

Legend 4ever
16-08-10, 19:48
I haven't been sick or had a cold for a while (like 2 years), but usually I would say watching horror movies, eating soup, lots of sleep, and then the moment I feel better I order Chinese food or pizza. lol

Alpharaider47
16-08-10, 19:51
I can't stand to be sat still and being ill never stops me which is probably why it takes me twice as long to recover!

Same here, minus the twice as long :o I tend to get over being sick fairly quickly, but maybe it's all that orange juice? I mean I seriously suck the stuff down all day :o
ooh a good chowder helps too!

Nerd For Life
16-08-10, 19:51
When my ill what?

sjam_raider
16-08-10, 19:52
^I loves.

Dark Lugia 2
16-08-10, 19:54
Nice thread :D

I usually just cope with it until it goes away lol! :/ like I have a killer of a cold right now, not really living the days any differently. If I have the flu though then I'll spend more time in bed, but still try and live a normal day :p

Afonya
16-08-10, 19:58
I drink tea or hot blackcurrant juice (I've heard that hot blackcurrant juice is an effective remedy against a cold). And mostly lay around and do stuff I normally do when I'm home. Like play Tomb Raider games :)

]{eith
16-08-10, 20:00
When my ill what?

Oh you <3

HappyShannon
16-08-10, 20:00
I like lying down on my downstairs sofa in the dark with a huge thick blanket and watching Futurama when I'm ill <3 :p

Minty Mouth
16-08-10, 20:01
When my ill what?

Don't think English is their first language. At least, I hope not.

For future reference (http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apostrophe), anyway.

trlestew
16-08-10, 20:01
I eat chicken noodle soup (Or any other good soup), sleep, and just try to not do much.

Legend of Lara
16-08-10, 20:02
I always have a particular movie to watch when I'm sick. XP

It used to be Fantastic Four, but that got replaced by Iron Man.

tomblover
16-08-10, 20:04
Tea with lots of sugar and a big dollop of honey in. And 1/4th milk.

Helps my throat, which is most often the ****ed part. XD

Other than that, I go about my daily business.

Nausinous
16-08-10, 20:06
When my ill what?

Don't think English is their first language. At least, I hope not.

For future reference (http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apostrophe), anyway.

Okay so I got some grammar wrong, I'm not exactly a 100% :ton:

xXhayleyroxXx
16-08-10, 20:30
I snuggle up in a blanket with hot chocolate and watch a movie :p or perhaps read a book. And also, I make sure I have lots of citrus :pi:

lara c. fan
16-08-10, 20:37
Read a book or play a game. :p

Carbonek_0051
16-08-10, 20:39
I'm horribly sick right now, I'm just going about things how I usually do. Nothing special. :p

Saphyre
16-08-10, 20:43
I'm going to be honest and say I lay around in bed all day feeling sorry for myself. I'll try to do something but my attempts are usually futile.

almayah
16-08-10, 21:03
LoL being ill is the best. You stay at your bed all day, drinking some jucky stuff, but you don't go to school, or your work :p

I take some vitamin C, drink A LOT of lemonade, some tea, aspirin, and voilla :D

coolaideonfire
16-08-10, 21:20
I literally curl up in bed and feel sorry for myself until such a time is over. :ton:

xcrushterx
16-08-10, 21:23
I don't do anything different from when I'm ill and when I'm not tbh.

Avalon SARL
16-08-10, 21:28
I generally lie around, listen to music and watch films. I try to have a little walk outside as well, being inside all the time makes me feel worse.

:tmb:

larafan25
16-08-10, 21:31
When I am ill give me any food and let me watch some Kiki's Delivery Service.:)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_T71DD1hKf4o/SUAeZBoL9UI/AAAAAAAAAyg/KXKVymSh4_c/s1600/1989%2BKiki%27s%2BDelivery%2BService.jpg

Oh and I'd like some chocolate milk.:)

Avalon SARL
16-08-10, 21:48
When I am ill give me any food and let me watch some Kiki's Delivery Service.:)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_T71DD1hKf4o/SUAeZBoL9UI/AAAAAAAAAyg/KXKVymSh4_c/s1600/1989%2BKiki%27s%2BDelivery%2BService.jpg

Oh and I'd like some chocolate milk.:)

I like that movie :D

scion05
16-08-10, 22:02
Lie in bed with a sorry expression and resist the urge to cry lol :p

Your_Envy*
16-08-10, 22:05
I sleep a lot, drink tea with lemon (Vitamin C), watch TV and just moan how horrible I feel all the time. :p

larafan25
16-08-10, 22:26
I like that movie :D

It's such a good movie, I want to live in that universe and become a witch.

Capt. Murphy
16-08-10, 22:30
Tea with lots of sugar and a big dollop of honey in. And 1/4th milk.

Helps my throat, which is most often the ****ed part. XD

Other than that, I go about my daily business.

Actually, sugar is B-A-D for your immune system. :pi:

Me? It depends on how bad I'm feeling, and what areas or system is being affected.

I could (try) to take a hot bath and soak in it to bring up my body temperature. Sip lots and lots of water... Ice water, just because it's easier. I might eat something spicy. I feel it opens up my airways if I'm congested, and it might also help fight any infection. And I might try to sleep or just lay down a lot.

Usually before I get sick - I ALWAYS seem to have body aches somewhere. And it's most usually in my legs. But I've had other places on my body to ache.

MiCkiZ88
16-08-10, 22:49
I fight it. I don't like staying in bed for the whole day (though I get a bit more sleep during the night) so I try eat more healthy, take hot showers/baths (no matter how bad they feel when you have cold sweat) and try to exercise a bit. Seems to work as I don't stay ill for that long then.

Raider4Ever96
16-08-10, 23:04
^ Same:)

I also enjoy a big bowl of chicken noodle soup w/ crackers and a good movie:jmp:

robm_2007
16-08-10, 23:25
i walk around wiping my nose on any sort of curtain, couch, or shirt (even if its being worn by another person); i also throw up on the floor if i feel i need to.

the Help will clean up after me.

Dingaling
16-08-10, 23:38
Depends on how ill I am.

If I'm ill but not too bad I'll play some games, snuggle in a blanket and if I get bored of game watch some TV with some sleep time too.

If I'm rather ill I'll most likely be sleeping or watching TV/DVDs.

If I'm really ill I'll be in my bed, knees up to my chest and be continuously making a noise that sounds similar to "ohm" but isn't quite it as that usually, for some reason, soothes me. That and I'll be trying to sleep.

If I'm incredibly ill I'll be shouting for my mum lol. That and trying to sleep but only managing five minute naps.

Rai
16-08-10, 23:43
Thankfully, I don't get sick very often and I've been lucky enough to have only gotten the odd cold or stomach bug. In cases such as these, I drink juices with vitamin C, and sleep - a lot. Or just soldier on when I'm working. I'm grateful that I stay relatively healthy. which is just as well as being a mum, I pretty much can't just give in to illness. When my son has been at school or college then I can sleep. Sleep is my cure all.

michaeldt
16-08-10, 23:49
when I'm sick I just lay back in bed and play Games! :D

I, Tomb Raider
17-08-10, 00:08
Well first of all, YAY because when I am sick I don't get to visit school. :smile:

I tend to sleep more, and TV all time long. :D Also some video game is welcomed. I played POP:The Sands Of Time when I was ill once. I'd recommend Dreamfall:The Longest Journey. :tmb:
Also try to drink more fluids and be on diet, with lighter food and more vegetables and fruits.
That'd be it. :D

Aranara
17-08-10, 07:02
I only get sick in February...soo, I drink hot chocolate and watch action movies. :p

Peanut
17-08-10, 07:07
On October, I got the flu.
So, I just started playing games, using the internet and eating. ^_^

SGRaider
17-08-10, 07:59
I don't get sick often, but when I do it usually is more serious than just the flu, so I tend to sleep a lot to pass time faster and half of the time I am awake I spend beeing sorry for myself and moaning how much it sucks. The other half I spend dehydratating myself (I just can't drink anything when I am sick, the thought itself is revolting. Usually someone has to urge me reaaaaly hard.) and catching up on my "movies I have to watch" list or playing a game (quests only though, action gets me dizzy), if I feel like it.

CuteKittenlol
17-08-10, 13:29
Atm i have tonsillitis (which hurts like a *****) and i'm pretty much just doing what i normally do (sweet FA) lol, with added aches and a sore throat.

Reckless Lara
17-08-10, 13:51
I make my family comply with my wants, needs and rules.

Aranara
17-08-10, 18:57
I make my family comply with my wants, needs and rules.

Teach me your dark ways. :pi: