17-08-10, 03:15
Really nice advert. :tmb:
Upsetting indeed. :/

thecentaur
17-08-10, 03:18
That was powerful

andromeda_eats
17-08-10, 03:47
Parents wonder why the streams are bitter, when they themselves have poisoned the fountain.

Draco
17-08-10, 03:57
Where did people think kids learned this stuff?

Carbonek_0051
17-08-10, 03:59

From the tooth fairy, obviously.

Lizard of Oz
17-08-10, 04:02
Everyone should see this video :tmb:

ozzman
17-08-10, 04:11
oh my, and it's true, there's kids calling my sister's friend words you wouldn't imagine, he always begs me to let him play GTA4 and RE5, i tell him, No way

Uzi master
17-08-10, 04:23
I think this is probably just the media trying to get attention off itself, not to say it's wrong, but really: children see on T.V., children do in real life.

MattTR
17-08-10, 05:23
Very powerful and true. That's why we all have to set good examples for the young generations. :tmb:

star-dust
17-08-10, 05:24
Very powerful video and it's so upsetting because it's true.

Capt. Murphy
17-08-10, 05:33
az9Az6S1nus

:(

SkyPuppy
17-08-10, 10:20
oh my, and it's true, there's kids calling my sister's friend words you wouldn't imagine, he always begs me to let him play GTA4 and RE5, i tell him, No way

I think this is probably just the media trying to get attention off itself, not to say it's wrong, but really: children see on T.V., children do in real life.

yeah... children can pick up a few bad habbits from tv and even video games, for that matter, but they can also learn a few handy things as well. plus, it's not the video games nor televisions fault if the parent is allowing them to be subjected to such things as that... usually the adult expects tv to be a guild (babysitter) for their children since they're too lazy to do so themselves, which is wrong if their constantly relying on tv to teach their child. also, parents usually wanna blame why their kid did this or whatever on video games because they rather not take the blame themselves...

Tonyrobinson
17-08-10, 10:29
Haha, that adverts so true to todays society! :o

I think the way a children turns out is always about their upbringing. I'm no saint by all means but I was raised well and definatley picked up some bad habits along the way. :)

tomblover
17-08-10, 10:34
That was powerful

Agreed. :/

School, if they're in that age. Otherwise, there's always some other kid with a "bad upbringing" to blame it on. And that's where the stereotypical behavior comes in.

Quite sad, TBH.

Rai
17-08-10, 10:49
Haha, that adverts so true to todays society! :o

I think the way a children turns out is always about their upbringing. I'm no saint by all means but I was raised well and definatley picked up some bad habits along the way. :)

Sorry to be so picky, it's your life (:p), but this sentence contradicts itself. You were raised well...but picked up bad habits? Wouldn't you have picked up some good habits too if you were raised well? :D

As for the video: That is sadly true. But, ever the optimist, I'm sure there could and should be a counter-video showing the good things children see and do too.

Changeling
17-08-10, 11:01
I've seen this advert before. An excellent point that it was trying to make, but I didn't find the advert powerful - if anything, I found it a bit cliche. That last scene with the father arguing with his wife was a bit typical - I think it would've been more effective if it was the wife doing that to her husband and having her daughter copying her, but that's just my opinion.

Not saying it was a bad advert however, by all means, it put across a good point

badboy70
17-08-10, 11:07
Nice ad.
It's kinda encouraging, as I'm a leader in the scouts for the youngest ones.
It shows the things they learn from what I show and tell them really matters.

moodydog
17-08-10, 12:10
Powerful add

its kinda funny... all my friends are really nice, and their parents are really nice to.

I have met a few odd branches too, and their parents are identical.

I am not saying only bad sprouts from bad families, it works the other way bad can come from good families and vice versa.

However,
Young Children tend to idolise their parents when they are young, and copy their habits.

What's sad is... what are those parents actually doing about it????

Laras shadow
17-08-10, 12:14
wow! that is very powerful everyone should see this and hopefully make them think.

Super Badnik
17-08-10, 12:18
Good advert. Although some of them were just funny, like the little girl throwing her fag on the floor and stomping on it.

EDIT: Whats actually going on at the very end of that advert? Can see some people kneeling down over something in a parking lot.

larafan25
17-08-10, 18:15
How disturbing. O.O

Shark_Blade
17-08-10, 18:35
Sad but true.

coolaideonfire
17-08-10, 20:11
Good advert. Although some of them were just funny, like the little girl throwing her fag on the floor and stomping on it.

EDIT: Whats actually going on at the very end of that advert? Can see some people kneeling down over something in a parking lot.

I think the Dad and his child are helping the lady pick up her groceries. Her bag has split or she dropped them. It's supposed to show a positive in contrast to all the negatives before hand.

I'm a strong believer in being a positive influence, especially around children, even if I do not have the responsibility of being their role model. I think as adult we all do.