PDA

View Full Version : Lucious

jarekhanzelka
17-08-10, 18:36
56Tb-BSfoso

"Lucius is the son of the devil who has to clear a mansion of its residents. To do this he must orcastrate “accidents” without anyone suspecting him of any foul play. The player starts as Lucius and must cleverly devise these incidents from simple household items. Every time he succeeds he will gain supernatural powers to help him take full control."
source (http://www.adventuregamers.com/gameinfo.php?id=1682)

Sounds like another low-budget indie is about to hit the shelves, but personally I find it quite interesting. :)

It seems to be a mix of Alan Wake, Hitman and Silent Hill, but from "the other side". Lucius is born on 6.6.1996 and his supernatural powers start surfacing when he's six years old. Problem is, the antichrist is still too weak and cannot be revealed. In later stages, Lucius will learn to control objects, affect thoughts of the others and even force them to hurt each other. So basically the game will be about a small kid walking around a big mansion, killing people. I wonder if it will get banned.

trlestew
17-08-10, 18:37
Lmao, I know a guy named Lucious... I gotta tell him about this :vlol:

tomblover
17-08-10, 19:07
Interesting concept, however it does look quite bad.

I guess I'll have to wait and see.

jarekhanzelka
17-08-10, 19:16
Indeed it does. It's going to be either an epic win (gameplay wise), or an epic fail. I'm interested because I still have hope in low-budget titles, still believing they can deliver a unique experience, even if not visually impressive. I hope this one won't be screwed, it would make a nice tribute to Omen and films alike.

jarekhanzelka
21-09-11, 13:50
Some new screenshots and a trailer in this (http://games.tiscali.cz/prvni-dojmy/lucius-gc-2011-dojmy-z-dabelske-adventure-57035) czech article (I suppose there is an english one somewhere on the web, but I can't be arsed to search for it at the moment :p).

matrix54
21-09-11, 14:45
Basically, It's Hitman and Clue's bastardized child. :p

It could be better and it looks like he can only walk or ride a bike, which can sluggish at times, but I like what I'm seeing. :)

Spong
21-09-11, 14:48
I dunno. The premise is intriguing, but the visuals aren't all that. It looks a bit meh if I'm honest.

young Lara Croft
21-09-11, 17:56
I've been watching the concepts for quite some time , why would the son of the devil kill the servants of some boring house is still a mystery to me....
Somehow, I hope it gets banned, I personally enjoyed playing The Lost Crown :tmb: it was spooky enough for me...

Ora Dagger
21-09-11, 18:00
this reminds me of a game that came out on the ps2 long ago. cant remember the name, but you had to set traps so the soldiers cant infiltrate a queens castle or something like that.:o

Survival
29-06-12, 12:35
Aparently the game went though a major re-do in the last few months. I wonder how it looks now.

Weemanply109
29-06-12, 12:37
Good concept! :D

Here's gameplay, some of it is.

yYD_9d-1EG0