PDA

View Full Version : Rachet & Clank: All 4 One

b0bb13
18-08-10, 00:35
6166rZfZMeI

Insomniac Games may no longer be Sony-only developers, they are still backing Sony platforms. It's a new Ratchet & Clank. At Gamescom in Germany, the studio just revealed Rachet & Clank: All 4 One.

According to the Insomniac Twitter feed, the game is "4-player online and same screen drop in drop out co-op coming to PS3 in Fall 2011."

Characters include Ratchet, Clank, Captain Qwark and even, according to our guys liveblogging Sony's Gamescom press conference, "those robo fish guys." Our livebloggers also report seeing a "four-player character cannon" and "giant vacuum cleaners [that] throw each other around the level.

Ratchet & Clank has mostly been a single-player franchise, though Insomniac did release a multiplaer-centric game called Ratchet Deadlocked late in the PlayStation 2's lifecycle. Deadlocked was focused on competitive multiplayer, not co-op.

According to the official PlayStation blog, the game has been in development at Insomniac's new North Carolina studio since January 2009.

Source (http://kotaku.com/5615054/multiplayer-online-ratchet--clank-game-hits-in-2011)

Omg! So, who's excited? :cln:

Legend of Lara
18-08-10, 00:40
The title is so not tres bien. -_-

But it looks pretty nice, I guess.

Ceamonks890
18-08-10, 05:30
Oh man, I thought this was a thread to announce that there would be a collection of the 4 main PS2 Ratchet and Clank games for PS3(misleading title), but knowing that there's another main Ratchet and Clank game coming to PS3 next year makes me excited(too bad I have a Xbox 360:().

Oh well, I could play this with one of my friends who owns a PS3(he likes Ratchet and Clank), so it isn't all bad:D

There's one thing that bugs me though, looking at the trailer. Why is Dr. Nefarious helping Ratchet, Clank and Qwark? He's a bad guy!!

TripOpt55
18-08-10, 05:41
Looks pretty cool. Could be a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing more of it. Trailer looked good though. Seems there is still a lot of good platforming even though it's co-op which is nice.

michaeldt
18-08-10, 07:26
oh, I want Insomniac to make Resistance 3 :/

*laralover*
18-08-10, 08:13
Sounds awesome :D

Alex Fly
18-08-10, 10:32
I knew a new R&C was coming but I was surprised to discover it was a coop game. The game seems promising and is already on my wishlist. :)

oh, I want Insomniac to make Resistance 3 :/
Lol on which planet to you live ? They announced both Ratchet & Clank All 4 One and Resistance 3 yesterday. :p

michaeldt
18-08-10, 12:49
Lol on which planet to you live ? They announced both Ratchet & Clank All 4 One and Resistance 3 yesterday. :p

they did? :yik: lol, sometimes I don't pay that much attention :D can you give me a link to the announcement?

Dennis's Mom
18-08-10, 12:59
Dennis adores R&C. I shall have to defer to his judgment on the title, which cannot be rendered until he gets his a$$ out of bed. :D

Alex Fly
18-08-10, 13:13
they did? :yik: lol, sometimes I don't pay that much attention :D can you give me a link to the announcement?
Well I suppose if you'd type Resistance 3 in Google you'd came across a loads of articles, so here's simply the IGN page of the game where you'll find the announcement and the first teaser of the game : http://uk.ps3.ign.com/objects/037/037866.html ;)

michaeldt
18-08-10, 13:41
^yeah, sry, I just realised after I did my post that i could just type it in in Google :o I guess I got a little excited

Moon-Safari
18-08-10, 13:42
It's pretty obvious that they're trying to go for the Little Big Planet built in demographic. What with the cheerful upbeat advertisement music, drop-in/drop-out co-op, ps3 exclusivity, and cartoony graphics. And it actually looks like fun. I might pick this up when the price drops.

edit: While they're at it, I wouldn't mind if the next co-op game is a total rip off of mario party. That would be awesome to play with my friends.

TRfan23
18-08-10, 14:51
It doesn't appeal to me as much as "A Crack In Time" did, but it still looks promising, I know I'll be getting this :D

Shark_Blade
18-08-10, 15:03
I haven't finished A Crack In Time yet. :pi:

Moon-Safari
18-08-10, 17:26
I'm still waiting for a crack in time to go down to 20. I cant believe i bought underworld for 60 plus tax and its now 9.99. Amazing.

Legend of Lara
18-08-10, 18:32
I haven't finished A Crack In Time yet. :pi:

Same here. I'm playing it reeeaaaally slowly. :pi:

Smog
18-08-10, 18:49
I though Insomniac were supposed to be working on a new IP? In fact, all I want from them is an HD re-release of the first three Spyro games. Make it happen! Please!

TRfan23
18-08-10, 21:52
In fact, all I want from them is an HD re-release of the first three Spyro games. Make it happen! Please!

That'd be cool, though I don't want them to be classed as remakes since remakes are usually crap. But just update them to current gen :)

oocladableeblah
18-08-10, 23:54
I am excited for this game. I do hope that they make another single player game with the same style as the Future series. I like the style in this new game, but I think it would only fit in with this co-op game and thus is perfect for what we are getting.

I am excited for this :jmp:

Legend of Lara
19-08-10, 00:42
I think the PS3 R&Cs are a bit loose and unwieldy. They're still great, of course, but I prefer how the PS2 games handled. Kind of heavier and, er, safer. :o

b0bb13
19-08-10, 00:52
I think the PS3 R&Cs are a bit loose and unwieldy. They're still great, of course, but I prefer how the PS2 games handled. Kind of heavier and, er, safer. :o

You're just saying that because you suck at them. ;D
...and I'm saying that because I haven't played the PS2 games... (._.)'

Anyhoo, I would had preferred if they would had chosen someone else instead of Dr. Nefarious. Rusty Pete or Talwin, or maybe a new character would had been nicer, imo. xD

Alex Fly
19-08-10, 10:27
Anyhoo, I would had preferred if they would had chosen someone else instead of Dr. Nefarious. Rusty Pete or Talwin, or maybe a new character would had been nicer, imo. xD
Maybe some characters will be unlockable, like in the R&C games, and alternate costumes as well. :)

Smog
19-08-10, 16:40
That'd be cool, though I don't want them to be classed as remakes since remakes are usually crap. But just update them to current gen :)

Yeah, I was thinking along the lines of something similar to the God Of War Collection on PS3.

ClankDaxter
19-08-10, 19:52
Co-Op with Nefarious? It's going to be fun but how can that even be possible xD

Dunnut7
19-08-10, 20:03
Oh man, I thought this was a thread to announce that there would be a collection of the 4 main PS2 Ratchet and Clank games for PS3(misleading title).

This is exactly what I thought! That would've been cooler. This game looks pretty dissapointing compared to the other Ratchet and Clank games...

But I'll keep my eyes open for more information.