PDA

View Full Version : Hey, I'm finally rich!

wantafanta
18-08-10, 01:39
This was in my email junk folder today. I post it here for its humor value. - wf

HOW ARE YOU TODAY,

We are here to notify you that after the meeting held this morning on 15/8/ 2010.His Exelence the President Of Federal Republic Of Benin Dr Yayi BoniI. has Instructed this Department to send your funds through Money Gram Remmitting Office Transfer World Wide,for easier receive of your inherinted funds without any further delay.

To avoid paying money to the fraud stars that is going on through the World because was unable to received your money through Money Gram due to the Management.For your information we have arranged your payment of ($2.8 millions) united state dollars,to be sent to you through Money Gram Transfer Payment.Your payment will be sending to you by Money Gram,

The amount you will be receiving per a day is 7.000.00USD The minister trust funds of Benin Republic will send you the currently standards track details you need to pick up your (7.000.00USD) payment by Money Gram,you will receive every day till you receive the $2.8 Millions united state dollars,

Therefore for your information the director of administrtor trust funds have already signed your payment, now you are free to comply with Money Gram payment office on this email (Mod edit: removed contact info) kindly contact the below person who is in position to releasae your payment by Money Gram. per day (7.000.00USD).

Mr.DAVIS OMA,
Money Gram Remmitting Officer
Transfer World Wide.
Financial Bank Benin Republic,
Mod edit: removed contact info

The financial Money Gram Payment canter has been mandated to issue out your payment and you have to stop any further communication with any other person(s) or office(s) to avoid any hitches in receiving your paymentTherefore the only fee you have to pay them is $105 Only usd that they will use to renewing of your file,

So be advice to contact them immediately you get this email because every thing has been done ok.And for your information once again note: That this is not one of those Nigerian/African scams that all they are after is to ripe you off your money and at the end you wil not receive your funds, but note that this is not a scam and is directly from the Management of Money Gram Payment Transfer United Kingdom Head Office and there Motto is To Serve You Better.

Your name____________
Receiver name_________
Country_______________
City__________________
Tel___________________
Test question__________
Answer_______________
Age/sex______________

Comply now because as soon as you sent this required details to
Mr.DAVIS OMA, Gabby,will start sending your payment by Money Gram Payment Transfer.
Best Regards,
Thanks and be bless with your family,
Mr, John Abu.

Ward Dragon
18-08-10, 01:55
Those are so fake that I wonder if anybody falls for them :p Nonetheless I removed the contact info from your post (don't want to give the scammers any advertising :p)

silver_wolf
18-08-10, 01:56
The sad thing is people do fall for it. How, I don't know.

Capt. Murphy
18-08-10, 02:14
I used to get quite a bit of those. But one time I replied to one... Yes, I knew it was fake, but I was wanting to have some fun.. Or try to. I said a lot of mean/sarcastic things in it. But anyway...

There was one time they sent me one and it was a bit scary. Why? Because they used my nick name. :mad: And I had NEVER used my real life nickname anywhere on the internet before (I don't remember using it).

It had the usual b.s. stuff like some rich schmuck got ate by a lion or was drawing their last breath on their deathbed or whatever, a rich person that wanted ME of all people to have some of their money before the bad guys get it yada yada bla bla.

Just mark them as spam... Don't even open them. I think they can tell if you've opened/read them. That just lets them know that someone is there and they can send you more from their other Nigerian 419 scamming friends.

ETA: There are some people that have some real fun with these criminals.

http://www.419eater.com/

There might be some inappropriate stuff on there. Just so you know. ;)

wantafanta
18-08-10, 02:21
My best friend said there should be a tax of 1/10 of a cent for every email that anyone sends. A mass mailing to one million people would cost $1,000. But it wouldn't hurt the average user who sends maybe 5 emails a day. Pure genius. Maybe a penny would do it. It's OK by me!

Uzi master
18-08-10, 02:23
I love spam mail!:p

I remember this one that was apparently from a dying cruel woman with cancer who had a change of heart and wanted me to donate the last of her money to charitie for her, and "only" take 10% service fee:p

I wikied her name and it came up with an american basketball coach.

aktrekker
18-08-10, 02:28
My best friend said there should be a tax of 1/10 of a cent for every email that anyone sends. A mass mailing to one million people would cost $1,000.
Believe it or not they get enough replies to be able to pay. It wouldn't hurt them at all.

dizzydoil
18-08-10, 02:40
I got a free account for WoW today- full equipt with lvl80+ characters, and 'money favours' because Blizzard thought I was a beautiful customer..

:pi: spam mail <3

I don't even own WoW, or ever played it before. I don't even own a game by Blizzard. :p

remote91
18-08-10, 04:09
The sad thing is people do fall for it. How, I don't know.
They're uneducated? :p

scoopy_loopy
18-08-10, 04:11
I got a free account for WoW today- full equipt with lvl80+ characters, and 'money favours' because Blizzard thought I was a beautiful customer..

:pi: spam mail <3

I don't even own WoW, or ever played it before. I don't even own a game by Blizzard. :p

But you are a beautiful customer! Never think otherwise :(

:vlol:

Catracoth
18-08-10, 04:56
Those are so fake that I wonder if anybody falls for them :p Nonetheless I removed the contact info from your post (don't want to give the scammers any advertising :p)

One woman actually did, and they showed her story on Dateline NBC. :vlol:

Apathetic
18-08-10, 04:56
One woman actually did, and they showed her story on Dateline NBC. :vlol:

Lol I watched that!

just*raidin*tomb
18-08-10, 05:11
I don't ever get spam mail....

Alpharaider47
18-08-10, 05:42
The only things you guys have to fear being spammed by me are your threads, vms, and pms :D wink wink Hayley :pi:

I do enjoy reading which African prince needs my help now and so on though :p

star-dust
18-08-10, 06:03
Haha, congratulations! :p

So there's spam mail... how about those phone calls... "This is your captain calling with a free trip to..."

I don't know what comes after that because I've hung up on the scammer. :tea:

Little-Lara
18-08-10, 07:51
People fall for it all the time. I saw this report on tv, it's apparently a 3 Billion dollar "scam" industry.

Ikas90
18-08-10, 08:15
People who fall for this should never be allowed to touch the internet.

xXhayleyroxXx
18-08-10, 10:21
The only things you guys have to fear being spammed by me are your threads, vms, and pms :D wink wink Hayley :pi:

I do enjoy reading which African prince needs my help now and so on though :p

lmao! I just read your white text :p

igonge
18-08-10, 10:43
LOL. Some of the spelling and grammar is atrocious :vlol:

Rai
18-08-10, 11:39
Oh I've received those before. From long lost deceased Americans, Africans, some country I've never heard of etc and also an Egyptian timeshare. If only these weren't scams. I'd be extremely rich by now. Oh well.

Mad Tony
18-08-10, 12:21
My best friend said there should be a tax of 1/10 of a cent for every email that anyone sends. A mass mailing to one million people would cost $1,000. But it wouldn't hurt the average user who sends maybe 5 emails a day. Pure genius. Maybe a penny would do it. It's OK by me!No I'm sorry but that's a silly idea. It probably wont stop scams like this anyway.

jackles
18-08-10, 12:31
I was show a site somewhere where people replied to the spammers and made them send pictures holding up signs saying they were thieves etc to 'prove they were real' and the spammers were actually doing it!

Dennis's Mom
18-08-10, 12:45
Congratulations on your newfound wealth, Wantafanta! Don't spend it all in one place. :D

Chocola teapot
18-08-10, 14:18
Mind lending me... Let's say... 1,000,000?

:whi:

A.JJ.G
18-08-10, 15:34
@wantafanta NEVER open those junk e-mails, even if they're not classed as "junk mail". If you don't know the sender, never open it. I got an e-mail in February, I thought it was real (I was curious about who sent it :o), and when I opened it BAM! I had losta viruses on my hard-drive... :( seriously, they don't die! They're like cockroaches! :hea: :mad: :hea:

EDIT--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Capt. Murphy
There was one time they sent me one and it was a bit scary. Why? Because they used my nick name

Wow, that is scary. :eek: That reminds me of this person who hackeD my friend's Youtube Channel; it got deleted, so they had to make a new one. It happened to them about ten times. :(

I, Tomb Raider
18-08-10, 15:35
How come they never send me these e-mails, I want to get rich too. :mad:

Uzi master
18-08-10, 21:31
@wantafanta NEVER open those junk e-mails, even if they're not classed as "junk mail". If you don't know the sender, never open it. I got an e-mail in February, I thought it was real (I was curious about who sent it :o), and when I opened it BAM! I had losta viruses on my hard-drive... :( seriously, they don't die! They're like cockroaches! :hea: :mad: :hea:

EDIT--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, that is scary. :eek: That reminds me of this person who hackeD my friend's Youtube Channel; it got deleted, so they had to make a new one. It happened to them about ten times. :(

just dont open attachments, that's where the virus comes from.