PDA

View Full Version : Resistance 3 Revealed!

silver_wolf
19-08-10, 03:08
An awesome new trailer (http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/37866/resistance-3/videos/gamescom_resistance3_trl_teaser_81710.html) for the 3rd game in the Resistance series was shown at Gamescom! It's all live action, and features a band of survivors travelling across America on a train, eventually ending with a confrontation with the Chimera. It looks like maybe the game will focus on these survivors and not the military, trying to tell a better story. It will also take place at least partly in New York. :jmp:

Bellacima
19-08-10, 04:07
I am most very pleased that they are making another resistance game :)

michaeldt
19-08-10, 07:14
:jmp:

Bellacima
19-08-10, 07:19
Took them a good few years to tell us but i will say it was worth the wait! :D

silver_wolf
19-08-10, 15:03
I wasn't too blown away with the second one but hopefully this will change things.

igonge
19-08-10, 15:09
Nice trailer :p I've been meaning to try these games.

michaeldt
19-08-10, 15:17
^you really need to try them :D

Trigger_happy
19-08-10, 16:36
The trailer was very well made. I wonder what the game itself is gonna look like.

sandra croft
29-09-10, 14:10
There is some new images for resistance 3, it looks like itīs third person if thatīs true I much more interested.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/112/1123950/resistance-3-20100928104051352_640w.jpg

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/37866/resistance-3/images/resistance-3-20100928104043790.html

michaeldt
29-09-10, 14:26
looking very good! :D

Agent 47
29-09-10, 15:03
Nice find Sandra :D

Not bad indeed, could be good depending on how much of these concepts they put in the final game. I wouldn't mind a 3rd person Resistance and a boat too :jmp:

oocladableeblah
01-10-10, 18:48
Look pretty good. I can't wait to see gameplay :jmp:

DragonSlayer
02-03-11, 20:13
This thread's been pretty quite lately, anyone got any new info?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORb3zC8z94w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaHh0OGiDYc

Just watched the 2 above videos for upcoming movie battlefield LA, it felt like i was watching an ad for Resistance 3, in the second one at the end you can see a machine that appears similar to a goliath.
http://resistance.wikia.com/wiki/Goliath

DragonSlayer
06-09-11, 16:09
Bump

Just been reading the trophy list for R3, good to know that there are less online trophies this time around, there is only one Helping Hands Revive a Co-op player 20 times.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/resistance-3/120957-resistance-3-trophy-list.html

Dingaling
06-09-11, 16:15
The game is out today in N.A. Hope those of you who have picked it up are enjoying it :). My mum preordered it for my birthday though she actually preordered it for herself and used my birthday as an excuse to preorder it :p.

ozzman
06-09-11, 16:27
not too excited about the online, it's basically COD with Aliens

DragonSlayer
10-09-11, 15:52
Good game so far i'm on chapter 8 right now, this game is better than Resistance 2, R2 is the worst sequel i've ever played.

*laralover*
10-09-11, 21:14
I need to pick up the R1,R2 pack. Think its Ģ27 or something...then pick up this one :jmp:

DragonSlayer
11-09-11, 14:37
I need to pick up the R1,R2 pack. Think its Ģ27 or something...then pick up this one :jmp:

I advise you to skip R2 it's :cen: it's nothing like the first game, Hale is more like a space marine in the second game.

The game is devoid of anything new and interesting and is missing some of the more interesting stuff from the first game like the in-game achievements you could unlock for example lovely parting gifts where you had to squat over 15 dead hybrids.

There is none of that uniqueness when it comes to achievements in R2 Insomniac chose to ditch the in-game achievements in favour of trophies and there are some very boring trophies in R2 they are all about numbers for example kill 1000 enemies in the single player campaign, sounds fun but it's not and then there is this trophy Killing Machine (Gold) Score 10,000 kills in ranked matches in Online Competitive Multiplayer.

What annoyed me most was the great reviews that nearly every magazine gave R2 all i saw was R2 scoring 9 and 10 in various magazines every review i read didn't mention anything about the games negative points like being limited to only 2 weapons at a time this :cen: up system made it impossible to get more ammo when you needed it, one level in R2 i forget what it's called has you fending off waves of grims that come at you from 4 directions at once and if you end up surrounded and you run out of ammo it's impossible to get more because you can't move in any direction because of the grims surrounding you, passing this section has nothing to do with skill it's all down to luck.

full list of what i didn't like i about R2 warnng spoilers for R2 read at your own risk
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=476336&view=findpost&p=1060475679

*laralover*
11-09-11, 17:01
I advise you to skip R2 it's :cen: it's nothing like the first game, Hale is more like a space marine in the second game.

The game is devoid of anything new and interesting and is missing some of the more interesting stuff from the first game like the in-game achievements you could unlock for example lovely parting gifts where you had to squat over 15 dead hybrids.

There is none of that uniqueness when it comes to achievements in R2 Insomniac chose to ditch the in-game achievements in favour of trophies and there are some very boring trophies in R2 they are all about numbers for example kill 1000 enemies in the single player campaign, sounds fun but it's not and then there is this trophy Killing Machine (Gold) Score 10,000 kills in ranked matches in Online Competitive Multiplayer.

What annoyed me most was the great reviews that nearly every magazine gave R2 all i saw was R2 scoring 9 and 10 in various magazines every review i read didn't mention anything about the games negative points like being limited to only 2 weapons at a time this :cen: up system made it impossible to get more ammo when you needed it, one level in R2 i forget what it's called has you fending off waves of grims that come at you from 4 directions at once and if you end up surrounded and you run out of ammo it's impossible to get more because you can't move in any direction because of the grims surrounding you, passing this section has nothing to do with skill it's all down to luck.

full list of what i didn't like i about R2 warnng spoilers for R2 read at your own risk
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=476336&view=findpost&p=1060475679

That sounds meh! Well ill still give it a shot regardless. Thanks for the info :)

igonge
11-09-11, 17:24
I've still got the first one sitting on my shelf gathering dust. I've been meaning to play the rest of it lol

TheGermanLlama
11-09-11, 17:51
How have I managed to miss this? XD

I'll rent it and pretend to know what the hell's going on. XD

*laralover*
11-09-11, 17:57
I've still got the first one sitting on my shelf gathering dust. I've been meaning to play the rest of it lol

Haha thats like half my game collection!

DragonSlayer
13-09-11, 11:39
I'm on chapter 10 right now i nearly made it to the point where i have to meet malikov without being shot by the chimera snipers then i got shot, :cen: so close, if anyone hasn't thought of it allready use the auger to see through objects to find the snipers, beware it has very short range and for the extreme long range snipers you will have to use the deadeye.

Chimera sniper locations

Follow the right side of the wall until Malikov mentions something about scolding you for your senseless action. There will be a large rock in front of you. Use the Auger to kill 2 snipers perched on top of it.

Walk around the rock, keeping close to the edge so you don't touch the creek. There will be a tiny waterfall on the creek just past where you are walking. Cross the creek right on the top of the waterfall and press up against the rock on the side. Using the Auger, look Southeast, and you will see a Chimera. Use the Auger to take him down.

Look southwest and you will see a small bridge going over the creek. Walk over and stand on top of the bridge. Look to the west with your Auger and you should see another Chimera's heat signiture. Kill him with a few shots from the Auger.

Head south, up a small hill, and into a small cabin. Go in to the top right corner of the cabin, between two windows, and crouch down. Pull out your Deadeye and kill the Chimera directly southwest from your position. After he is dead, aim slightly more to the left and you should barely be able to make out another sniper. Kill him as well.

Un-zoom and back up along the left wall of the cabin, until you are next to a closed door. Zoom back in and look directly west and you will see another sniper waiting to be picked off. This sniper moves back and forth between places, so if he isn't there, wait a moment and he will come back. Kill him.

Now you will want to leave this cabin via the door on the right side, and run to the next cabin, which is in the west direction. Be careful to avoid dropship fire. Walk up to the top-right window inside this cabin and you should be able to see the final sniper while looking northwest.

Once he is dead, now you can make a dash for the cave entrance. No more snipers can hit you. Once you enter the cave and drop down to the floor below, a checkpoint will trigger and your trophy will pop, provided you didn't get hit by a sniper.

It will take a few tries to get through this section without being hit.

DragonSlayer
16-09-11, 14:22
Just finished the prison level, my favourite level so far, kinda reminded me of Manhunt.

DragonSlayer
24-11-11, 18:07
Sorry for third post, need some help.

Anyone got any tips for the juggler and medusa trophies, these 2 trophies are :cen: me off.

Nearly done playing on superhuman, it's the easiest hard mode i've ever played, the various bosses aren't too hard even on superhuman.