PDA

View Full Version : nick??

Lara_maniac
19-08-10, 09:26
this time i'll post in the right section..:hea:

a question: is possible change my nick? i'd like have my name...

TippingWater
19-08-10, 09:29
Yeah , make another account .

lara c. fan
19-08-10, 09:32
Yeah , make another account .

Well, if you want to get teh perma-ban hammah.

Lara_maniac
19-08-10, 09:33
ahahahh.. i was banned for that...:mad:

t-raider26
19-08-10, 09:46
...teh perma-ban hammah.

:vlol:

TRfan23
19-08-10, 10:17
ahahahh.. i was banned for that...:mad:

Wait? So you had made another account with the name before, but it got banned. Well that's because you're not allowed duplicate accounts on here, for security and other important reasons.

If you really want to change your username, PM either Mona Sax (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/member.php?u=15168) or Gabi (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/member.php?u=10027) about it. So they can pass the message onto Justin (tlr online), since he's blocked people from PMing him (though Mona & Gabi are Super Moderators, so they probably can). Most likely because he's very busy...

I have strong doubts you'll get it changed though, I'm afraid. Unless you had only recently just signed up with your username and want it changed. When I say recent, I mean in the past day or two.

Catracoth
19-08-10, 14:37
I emailed Justin (the administrator) for a username change quite some time ago and never got a response. Took it as a 'no.' *shrugs*

xcrushterx
19-08-10, 14:46
It's possible, but I only know of one instance of it actually happening, and that was because the original username was all in caps/annoying. (SAMTHEMANTHATCAN to samtheman, I believe)

Siberian Tiger
19-08-10, 14:47
Nope.

Jo269976
19-08-10, 14:51
I emailed Justin (the administrator) for a username change quite some time ago and never got a response. Took it as a 'no.' *shrugs*

I emailed him not long ago, and he said that unless it's breaches some sort of privacy, then it usually won't be changed.

Mind you, what would you all do without Jo 209893893278947289472389749 random numbers?

scoopy_loopy
19-08-10, 14:51
Ja, Justin is ADAMANTLY against any kind of user-name change, including creating new accounts to achieve the same effect.

Avalon SARL
19-08-10, 15:08
Well, I doubt it may happen...

At some other forum, someone had this... he/she (maybe it :p) had 2 accounts and threads ended being spammed and steamed....bcz of that someone backing up his ideas by having 2 members (honestly that same someone) commenting on threads with the same basic ideas :mad:

Can i ask you something...
Your user name itself...
If You're from Middle East/ Arabian... the word MANIAC is a big insult and a bad word to use:confused:

Unless it has some other synonyms that i am not aware of...

lara c. fan
19-08-10, 15:56
Can i ask you something...
Your user name itself...
If You're from Middle East/ Arabian... the word MANIAC is a big insult and a bad word to use:confused:

Unless it has some other synonyms that i am not aware of...

Er, not everyone is Middle Eastern or Arabian, and don't have to follow those particular rules...

Sgt BOMBULOUS
19-08-10, 15:59
The solution is simple: Pick an awesome name from the get-go.

Capt. Murphy
19-08-10, 16:20
I recall the person with the blatant tro... er, username - Jacob Jacob Jacob Jacob Jacob. It either got changed to Jacobx5 (I think) or he was able to sign up with a new, exponentially less annoying username.

Minty Mouth
19-08-10, 16:21
I recall the person with the blatant tro... er, username - Jacob Jacob Jacob Jacob Jacob. It either got changed to Jacobx5 (I think) or he was able to sign up with a new, exponentially less annoying username.

I thought there was a character limit on usernames?

Chocola teapot
19-08-10, 16:22
I really wish that I could change it from Chocola teapot to Chocola Teapot.

:/

-DaNnEe..
19-08-10, 16:32
I hate my username with passion, if there was a way to change it, I would.

dizzydoil
19-08-10, 16:35
I would love to change 'dizzydoil', too. It's so ****. lol

ultima espio
19-08-10, 16:37
I really wish that I could change it from Chocola teapot to Chocola Teapot.

:/

You know, I never noticed that it was a lower case T before :vlol:

TippingWater
19-08-10, 16:38
I love my username ! :hug::gki:

Minty Mouth
19-08-10, 16:42
You know, I never noticed that it was a lower case T before :vlol:

Me neither. You really should have kept your trap shut, Jack :p

Chocola teapot
19-08-10, 16:42
Noooooooooooo!

:vlol:

StefanJ94
19-08-10, 16:46
no

Rai
19-08-10, 17:02
I have been able to change my username on two seperate sites before. I really dont understand why members here can't. Maybe as a once only rule, it should be fine.

Avalon SARL
19-08-10, 17:07
Er, not everyone is Middle Eastern or Arabian, and don't have to follow those particular rules...

Who is saying to follow a rule :confused:

I was notifying, that in case he was, he should definitely know what it meant :)
Who is referring to every1 being ME or arabian :confused:

Besides, the word as it is doesnt even exist in arabic dictionary... its a street/ slang word invented by people :p

Besides, i already mentioned that perhaps the word has some meaning (if it is a true English word...)

And yes, our friend here is Italian is guess... :)

Capt. Murphy
19-08-10, 17:09
I would love to change 'dizzydoil', too. It's so ****. lol

Maybe I'm just now noticing it - but I have always read that as dizzydoll. Like a barbie D-O-L-L. :cln:

The same with Phlip. Unless there's another person... But I read that as Ph-I-L-I-P. :eek:

I fear for my... I fear for what's left of my sanity. :pi:

The stuff on the right of it is okay. still.

Catracoth
19-08-10, 17:10
I have been able to change my username on two seperate sites before. I really dont understand why members here can't. Maybe as a once only rule, it should be fine.

That's what I was thinking, but then members would be changing their usernames all willy nilly and everyone would be confused. With that chaos in mind, I think the only changes that should be allowed is capitalizations, adding spaces, or changing letters to lowercase forms.

NRO.
19-08-10, 17:28
I belive that in Miniclip Forums, they had this thread that you could edit your Username. Dots removed, letters changed, things removed, and some things changed completely. (IE: NRO. to NRO, kingy_85 to Kingy, mc55Kg7 to Kevin.)

But it was once-in-a-lifetime thing.

ryan91
19-08-10, 17:38
i love my username. there are very deep meanings in it for those eyes that know how to see:tea: