PDA

View Full Version : Any Climatic Change in your Area?

Avalon SARL
19-08-10, 20:22
This may really seem more confusing and alarming.

Well, terrible floods have recently occurred in Pakistan and now there areover than a one million homeless human being :eek:

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/06_03/4pakistanPA_468x308.jpg

- Shocking fires have struck Russia

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/8/4/1280916163417/Aerial-view-of-a-forest-f-002.jpg

Forest fires blaze across Russia Firefighters are battling forest fires across western and central Russia in the worst heatwave for decades. Homes have been destroyed, wildlife and farm stock lost and more than 30 people have died

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery/2010/aug/02/russia-natural-disasters

Tommorrow in Lebanon, we will have the highest temperature rise in history where temperature will reach somewhere between 45 and 50 C...
:yik: and people are advised to not leave their houses if there is nothing necessary

So, how is it going over your area...

Anything weird???

lara c. fan
19-08-10, 20:22
We have lots of rain.

...Oh wait, that's normal for Britain. Silly me. D:

But yeah, we have lots of rain forecast. :p

Avalon SARL
19-08-10, 20:25
I fear the countries where rains will occur soon... it will be so catastrophic :yik:

Saphyre
19-08-10, 20:25
Our summers have gotten **** in the past few years. Rain rain ****ing RAIN!

lara c. fan
19-08-10, 20:26
I fear the countries where rains will occur soon... it will be so catastrophic :yik:

Catastrophic? I doubt that it would be catastrophic here. :p

MattTR
19-08-10, 20:28
Rain and lots of shine here in Florida. *sigh* It never gets old. :p

Avalon SARL
19-08-10, 20:28
Catastrophic? I doubt that it would be catastrophic here. :p

Hopefully it won't :p

Pakistan has been the first victim of terrible rains...and the results were terrible...

Who knows where all this evaporated water fall and the damage they might do...

lara c. fan
19-08-10, 20:29
Hopefully it won't :p

Pakistan has been the first victim of terrible rains...and the results were terrible...

Who knows where all this evaporated water fall and the damage they might do...

I think the worst we've had is something like 6 inches of rain in certain areas. Something like that.

scion89
19-08-10, 20:31
Summer in the UK has been pretty much non-existent due to unusual amounts of rain (but not alot of flooding as with previous years).

I'm also finding it remarkably cold for August.

larafan25
19-08-10, 21:33
Just today we had a rediculously windy and wet storm that was soooo loud and huge and soo osudden, I thought we would get a tornado or some sort of flood. Definately tropical type storm. In Ontario!!! D:

Catracoth
19-08-10, 21:35
The weather's normal here as usual.
Unwanted, but normal.

Alpharaider47
19-08-10, 21:36
I manage to move away from anywhere with rain :L It's just been hot here, hot and dry. There were fires up north and to the west that made the skies crummy and there have been some fires out here, but nothing much beyond that.

interstellardave
19-08-10, 21:37
We've had an unusually hot and dry summer. Well we've had a lot of dry summers in the last 10 years but this one is hotter than most. Nearly every day for the last 2 months has been 90 to 100 degrees. It seems like it's always oppressively bright and hot... not even many clouds to give some temporary relief.

Legend of Lara
19-08-10, 21:40
The only changes have been rather anticlimactic. *vending machine'd*

The weather in crappy old Iceland has been just as "meh" as it's always been. :I

xXhayleyroxXx
19-08-10, 21:42
No but there will be at Christmas. The snow was terrible and there was flash floods where I live. Half my village was submerged :S

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tyne/content/images/2005/01/11/floods_corbridge_400x300.jpg

I remember I went to my dads for 3 or so hours and when I came back I couldnt get home. Damn police tape wasnt gonna stop me...

Oh gawd but the snow :( Life stops!

lara c. fan
19-08-10, 21:42
^ How do you know it's going to be the same this winter? :confused:

silviu_raider
19-08-10, 21:43
In the past years, the Summers are incredibly hot and the Winters are very cold.
It wasn't like that.
It all started around 3-4-5 years ago, I believe. =/
Way too hot here!

Catracoth
19-08-10, 21:43

Perhaps it happens all the time in her hometown.

xXhayleyroxXx
19-08-10, 21:44

I dont know for sure but Im pretty sure it will. But our village floods a lot.

@Mason - Yeah the floods do :hug:

lara c. fan
19-08-10, 21:47
I dont know for sure but Im pretty sure it will. But our village floods a lot.

@Mason - Yeah the floods do :hug:

Can't be sure until it actually happens :p

xXhayleyroxXx
19-08-10, 21:48
Can't be sure until it actually happens :p

The flooding will definately happen, we nearly flooded recently because the rive r is so high with all the rainfall. And no i cant be sure of the snow but Im expecting it.

ultima espio
19-08-10, 21:50
The flooding will definately happen, we nearly flooded recently because the rive r is so high with all the rainfall. And no i cant be sure of the snow but Im expecting it.

...In August? :vlol: Where do you live, Siberia? :vlol: :vlol:

Its just been its usual, rain - sun - rain - sun here.

lara c. fan
19-08-10, 21:51

I don't think what happened last winter will happen again that often. Very rare for it to happen.

Ultima: You been under a rock for the past few days? :p
You've had flooding in Deal, for one.

Chocola teapot
19-08-10, 21:53
In the past years, the Summers are incredibly hot and the Winters are very cold.
It wasn't like that.
Way too hot here!

The Opposite here.

:vlol:

xXhayleyroxXx
19-08-10, 21:53
...In August? :vlol: Where do you live, Siberia? :vlol: :vlol:

Its just been its usual, rain - sun - rain - sun here.

Okay Richard think about it, you live near-ish me. I live in a valley surrounded by fields and next to the River Tyne, the water runs off the fields and into the river, but when it rains the river rises, and half the village is seperated because the bridge and lower half of the village gets flooded, being the same level as the river bank. The Romans probably wernt expecting it when they chose to build it ;)

@Dan - Maybe not but still, i think it might.

larson n natla
19-08-10, 21:54
Well 2006-7 summers were stupidly hot for the UK but this summer and last summer have been rain and cloud non stop.

Luckily Poland and Shanghai were super hot so I can't complain the summer has been fantastic.

Catracoth
I don't think what happened last winter will happen again that often. Very rare for it to happen.

I can vouch for Hayley here - in my area, the same usually happens as it does in the past winters - it's either better or worse though.

ultima espio
No. Its really hot here actually, and there hasn't been any flooding at all :/

Dustie
19-08-10, 21:55
It wasn't like that.
Way too hot here!

Exactly the same thing here.
This summer has been pretty crazy so far too -- heat weaves, and then cold and loads of rain. We had a serious flood this year, even the capital was at risk at one point. Past winter was very cold also, with loads of snow -- and very sudden. There have been some crazy storms with strong winds and loads of rain. Again, very sudden ones.

As much as it has been very cold or very hot on many occasions before, there's definitely a change -- any weather changes seem very sudden and rapid...

xXhayleyroxXx
19-08-10, 21:57
I can vouch for Hayley here - in my area, the same usually happens as it does in the past winters - it's either better or worse though.

Thanks Mason :hug:

No. Its really hot here actually, and there hasn't been any flooding at all :/

do you live by a large river?

Zebra
19-08-10, 21:58
I remember that we used to have lots of snow here around November/December when I was a kid. Now there's a lot less snow and it usually comes down at some point between January and March. The summers have also become a lot hotter during the last few years (almost every year there is a new heat record for Germany).

ultima espio
19-08-10, 21:58
No.

xXhayleyroxXx
19-08-10, 21:59
No.

Exactly ;)

Catracoth
19-08-10, 22:00
Thanks Mason :hug:

You're welcome. :)
It's quite ridiculous where I come from.
Sometimes, the winters are epic. It'll snow one day and turn entirely to ice overnight.
Other winters are less drastic.

silviu_raider
19-08-10, 22:01
Exactly the same thing here.
This summer has been pretty crazy so far too -- heat weaves, and then cold and loads of rain. We had a serious flood this year, even the capital was at risk at one point. Past winter was very cold also, with loads of snow -- and very sudden. There have been some crazy storms with strong winds and loads of rain. Again, very sudden ones.

As much as it has been very cold or very hot on many occasions before, there's definitely a change -- any weather changes seem very sudden and rapid...

Yes.
I think one of the crucial reasons is the pollution.

lara c. fan
19-08-10, 22:02

This last winter, it was much, much worse than the past year. Gas reserves running out, etc etc. Hell, my school called a total of about 5 snow days. My school is known for not closing that much because of snow.

xXhayleyroxXx
19-08-10, 22:03
You're welcome. :)
It's quite ridiculous where I come from.
Sometimes, the winters are epic. It'll snow one day and turn entirely to ice overnight.
Other winters are less drastic.

Same! And sometimes we have light snow and sometimes extremly heavy school-closing, isolating, flooding, road-blocking snow :p

Catracoth
19-08-10, 22:05
This last winter, it was much, much worse than the past year. Gas reserves running out, etc etc. Hell, my school called a total of about 5 snow days. My school is known for not closing that much because of snow.

Pfft.
My school calls in a snow day when there's only a light frost.
Then when it comes to blizzards, school is in. :rolleyes:
Peasants.

lara c. fan
19-08-10, 22:07
Pfft.
My school calls in a snow day when there's only a light frost.
Then when it comes to blizzards, school is in. :rolleyes:
Peasants.

Mine will only close if there's a blizzard. And walking to school while slipping over everywhere on black-ice covered pavements is really not fun. I had some rather big bruises by the end of it.

miss.haggard
19-08-10, 22:30
Nope, still hot as hell.

Catracoth
19-08-10, 22:36
Mine will only close if there's a blizzard. And walking to school while slipping over everywhere on black-ice covered pavements is really not fun. I had some rather big bruises by the end of it.

Oh tell me about it! Isn't it a law to salt the pathways?
My mother slipped and was in the hospital for a day because of her head injury. Ought to sue the bloody city.

t-raider26
19-08-10, 22:52
Here in Ontario its insanely hot. Like 40 degrees (celsius) and a few days its been 50 with the humidex. Its never been like this :/

A.JJ.G
19-08-10, 22:59
Back in '05 I came to London at around this time of summer. Most of the time it was nice weather. Quite a bit of cold though. This year, it's been very extreme: one day it's hot enough to fry an egg on a car hood, or its raining and/or freezing!

In Belfast, it's ben getting colder; the past two-three years, we've been getting more snow than we used to. We get it in January-February (luckily. I love snow :D)

ajrich17901
19-08-10, 23:09
Weather hasn't really changed at all here, hasn't been to hot, less rain then usual though which I'm glad for.

aktrekker
19-08-10, 23:52
I think the worst we've had is something like 6 inches of rain in certain areas. Something like that.
You aren't that far from Tennessee. Floods are very possible, especially if you live in a valley, and that's where most cities are.

lara c. fan
20-08-10, 00:00
You aren't that far from Tennessee. Floods are very possible, especially if you live in a valley, and that's where most cities are.

I'm across the Atlantic ocean from Tennessee...

miss.haggard
20-08-10, 00:04

Stop making everything about you. lol

aktrekker
20-08-10, 00:09
Sorry, I saw Kent. The period suggested abbreviation, therefore Kentucky.

But then you're only on an island. Be prepared to sink into the ocean. :p

lara c. fan
20-08-10, 00:10
Stop making everything about you. lol

Now I am sad. Thanks Laney ;__; lol back at ya

Aktrekker: Damn it! D:
Nah, The only places I've been to in America are Texas and Florida. Texas because we had to transfer to another flight to Florida :p

Legends
20-08-10, 00:11
Well, terrible floods have recently occurred in Pakistan and now there areover than a one million homeless human being :eek:

Is that where you live? Maybe its God, finally coming to slay you. ;)

Who knows?

aktrekker
20-08-10, 00:17
Is that where you live? Maybe its God, finally coming to slay you. ;)

Who knows?
Read the first post again.
Your sarcasm just made you look foolish :ton:

Uzi master
20-08-10, 00:20
no more than the thread starter makes himself out as,

personnally I get tired of him saying god all the time, and in all caps like he needs to empathise it

aktrekker
20-08-10, 00:23
At least you kept it to yourself. And therefore almost on topic.

Nothing foolish about this thread. With all the natural disasters lately this is a legitimate concern. Things seem to be happening in places they never happened before.

Legends
20-08-10, 00:52
edit:.....

Lizard of Oz
20-08-10, 01:38
Legends, you need to sleep more ;)

Here in Chicago the weather has been rather unusual in the past couple of years. Nothing is all that surprising... it's The Windy City after all, but the winters are getting incredibly short and the summers hotter.

Also, there was a tornado in the past month which wrecked the area were I live :eek: I made a thread about it.

:}hello friend
20-08-10, 01:54
Currently over 100 degree weather. Heat index a couple of days ago was 118. Imagine riding a school bus in that hot weather.

LaraLuvrrr
20-08-10, 04:29
It's like a desert where I live.

scoopy_loopy
20-08-10, 04:41
Yes, there's been tornadoes in my state these past few months - TORNADOES! Crazy! Not to mention the usual bushfires, cyclones, incredible tides and soaring temperatures :p

wantafanta
20-08-10, 04:43
Legends, you need to sleep more ;)

Here in Chicago the weather has been rather unusual in the past couple of years. Nothing is all that surprising... it's The Windy City after all, but the winters are getting incredibly short and the summers hotter.

Also, there was a tornado in the past month which wrecked the area were I live :eek: I made a thread about it.

It's been humid humid humid for 2 months now. I am sick of it. And always near 90 degrees and it never changes. Fortunately it now gets dark around 745 PM, so something has got to give.

Lizard of Oz
20-08-10, 05:38
It's been humid humid humid for 2 months now. I am sick of it. And always near 90 degrees and it never changes. Fortunately it now gets dark around 745 PM, so something has got to give.

Yay! You're from Chicago! :hug:
Finally someone who understands my issue with the weather! LOL

Aranara
20-08-10, 06:40
Hot summers (37 degrees Celsius hot) and cold winters (0-4 degrees Celsius in a warm day)...

Last winter we had a aprox. 130 cm of snow and we still didn't have a day off school. D:

almayah
20-08-10, 17:15
Everything is normal over here :pi:

Avalon SARL
20-08-10, 19:19
What matters is that fatal catastrophes remain as minor as possible
Thankfully, to this hot weather, all the seeds we planted for a garden are possibly dead :p :vlol:

Gotta re-supervise the whole planting later on this september... Hope the heatwave ends ASAP