PDA

View Full Version : Giant rats are coming..hide

touchthesky
19-08-10, 20:31
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3102460/Invasion-of-the-giant-rats-in-Bradford.html

Jeesus.

Thats a big rat!

lara c. fan
19-08-10, 20:33
Britain is becoming an RPG, I knew it!

peeves
19-08-10, 20:34
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3102460/Invasion-of-the-giant-rats-in-Bradford.html

Jeesus.

Thats a big rat!

How about if we get tigers to come and eat them for us? ;)

TombRaiderLover
19-08-10, 20:35
I want one.

Smog
19-08-10, 20:40
Anyone think that the guy who shot it looks uncannily like Eric Bana? :pi:

Hulk rats!

touchthesky
19-08-10, 20:41
It's weird that he goes out rat shooting lol.

A neighbour clobbered it with a baseball bat.

Lmfao. Soo english <3

SamReeves
19-08-10, 20:44
Holy ****!

That's a hobo's meal for an entire month. LMAO. :vlol:

xXhayleyroxXx
19-08-10, 20:54
I saw this and it just shows how stupid some people are. Its looks like a Gambian pouched rat to me due to its size, a completely harmless gentle giant. They were pets who escaped most likely. Y'know what, if anyone sees one, you buy a humane racoon catcher or something and you bring them to me. I'd love a pet one and theyre very tameable.
I nearly bought one for 100 :o

Sgt BOMBULOUS
19-08-10, 20:56
Looks like the rats from TR1...

lara c. fan
19-08-10, 20:56
I saw this and it just shows how stupid some people are. Its looks like a Gambian pouched rat to me due to its size, a completely harmless gentle giant.
I nearly bought one for 100 :o

And how much of that is common knowledge, exactly?

touchthesky
19-08-10, 20:58

Lmfao.

I never thought of that!

WCookie
19-08-10, 20:58
You got to hide yo' kids, hide yo' wifes, and hide yo' husband cuz they invading everyone out there! http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy194/Ccookie_/sss.png

xXhayleyroxXx
19-08-10, 20:59
And how much of that is common knowledge, exactly?

I did my project on them in Biology last year. There was an outbreak of them in America about a lot were released after domestication, and then they caused damage to the environment, eating birds eggs and such; but in small numbers like in Yorkshire? harmless. They sniff out bombs in Africa :)

And oh, I did my research on them pets-wise, theyre actually friendlier and tamer than your average domestic rat.

Its a shame some idiot released them tbh.

Chocola teapot
19-08-10, 21:00
I don't like it. :(

Lara's Nemesis
Looks like James Herbert was right. :yik:

http://i33.************/radc2w.jpg

lara c. fan
I did my project on them in Biology last year. There was an outbreak of them in America about a lot were released after domestication, and then they caused damage to the environment, eating birds eggs and such; but in small numbers like in Yorkshire? harmless. They sniff out bombs in Africa :)

And oh, I did my research on them pets-wise, theyre actually friendlier and tamer than your average domestic rat.

Not everyone has done a project on them, or has done extra research into them prior to beating the crap out of it.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
19-08-10, 21:01

His point is that the average person doesn't know that. They see something that big in their residence and think "Disease, bites" etc...

touchthesky
19-08-10, 21:02
To be fair, Hayley, I am afraid that most folk faced with a giant rat (which most people aren't used too) would just shoot it out of reflex.

xXhayleyroxXx
19-08-10, 21:02
Not everyone has done a project on them, or has done extra research into them prior to beating the crap out of it.

His point is that the average person doesn't know that. They see something that big in their residence and think "Disease, bites" etc...

Well why kill it anyway? They're more scared of humans then 'we' are of them.

stranger1992
19-08-10, 21:04
See! The Cistern WAS accurate :P. Giant rats!

Smog
19-08-10, 21:05

Well these ones are clearly feral, probably disease-carrying and certainly intimidating. How are people expected to react? These rats have most likely bred outside of their natural habitat. I don't think its wise to presume you can predict their behaviour under the circumstances.

lara c. fan
19-08-10, 21:07

When faced with a massive rat which may or may not (Remember not many ordinary people would actually know whether it would) start attacking you, would your reaction be...

A.) Pet it and say "Aw, you're such a cute thing."
B.) Be completely freaked out about it as you've never seen it before and kill it before it could do anything to you.

...If you had no experience or knowledge of them, which again most people wouldn't have.

xXhayleyroxXx
19-08-10, 21:08
Well these ones are clearly feral, probably disease-carrying and certainly intimidating. How are people expected to react? These rats have most likely bred outside of their natural habitat. I don't think its wise to presume you can predict their behaviour under the circumstances.

No its probably not and I'm not exactly in the most reasonable mood right now but they just suddenly came out of nowhere? Domesticated and released. I'd expect the owner had a pregnant rat and couldnt find anyone who wanted big rats?

Agent 47
19-08-10, 21:11

Your cause is noble but tell that to the millions of Londoners that got wiped out due to plague carrying rats XD

xXhayleyroxXx
19-08-10, 21:12
Your cause is noble but tell that to the millions of Londoners that got wiped out due to plague carrying rats XD

Thankyou :) Although these very rats can sniff out bombs and cancer :)

lara c. fan
19-08-10, 21:15

But who the hell would know that without doing prior research on something that completely comes out of the blue and frightens them? If people get scared enough by smaller rats, a 2 and a half foot long one would frighten them half to death. They wouldn't be thinking due to the fright.

Smog
19-08-10, 21:15
No its probably not and I'm not exactly in the most reasonable mood right now but they just suddenly came out of nowhere? Domesticated and released. I'd expect the owner had a pregnant rat and couldnt find anyone who wanted big rats?

Meaning they're breeding in the wild, ergo feral. If they're a foreign species that has been accidentally introduced like Grey Squirrels or duck-eating Terrapins, they may have an unforeseen impact on the environment. Obviously there's no evidence of how many there are scuttling around at the moment, but that doesn't change the principle.

xXhayleyroxXx
19-08-10, 21:17
But who the hell would know that without doing prior research on something that completely comes out of the blue and frightens them? If people get scared enough by rats, a 2 and a half foot long one would frighten them half to death. They wouldn't be thinking due to the fright.

I knew this before my project I did. If I saw some massive rats in the street I'd google them. To be honest, what I'm annoyed at is the person who released them. Too many exotics are being released into the wild, and most cant cope. Gambian pouched rats can however, but are being shot.

lara c. fan
19-08-10, 21:18
I knew this before my project I did. If I saw some massive rats in the street I'd google them. To be honest, what I'm annoyed at is the person who released them. Too many exotics are being released into the wild, and most cant cope. Gambian pouched rats can however, but are being shot.

What, with the portable computer that you carry around? Your brain that has Google implanted in it?

One of them was killed due to just being stumbled across.
And the other, again, you would be pretty shocked to see it in your house.

NemesisxAngelus
19-08-10, 21:21

Exactly what I was thinking. :vlol:

xXhayleyroxXx
19-08-10, 21:23
What, with the portable computer that you carry around? Your brain that has Google implanted in it?

One of them was killed due to just being stumbled across.
And the other, again, you would be pretty shocked to see it in your house.

I wouldnt kill it.

Y'know what? Here are you 'fierce disease ridden giants'

You can toilet train 'em... literally:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieAmdixoJ4w

They sniff out mines in Africa:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eAGtAYW6mA

http://www.apopo.org/

And the official landmine/indentifing diseases organisation

Agent 47
19-08-10, 21:24

np,
I for one didn't think rats were that bright. I know some species are used to detect poisonous vapours though.

Rats in the Bomb Squad is quite astonishing however :D

lara c. fan
19-08-10, 21:24
I wouldnt kill it.

You're ignoring my point yet again.
The first reaction of an ordinary person who doesn't know jack about them wouldn't be to Google them, especially if they've just seen it in their house.

Nemo_91
19-08-10, 21:25

Lol, indeed.

http://www.funkylydia.com/tombraider/images/tr3/enemies/rat.jpg

That's from TR3 though. :p

xXhayleyroxXx
19-08-10, 21:26
You're ignoring my point yet again.
The first reaction of an ordinary person who doesn't know jack about them wouldn't be to Google them, especially if they've just seen it in their house.

Im not ignoring your statement I just cant make sense of it. Why not educate themselves? Maybe its because of me brought up to care for animals? I dont know, but I sure as hell know that I wouldnt kill it.

lara c. fan
19-08-10, 21:28
Im not ignoring your statement I just cant make sense of it. Why not educate themselves? Maybe its because of me brought up to care for animals? I dont know, but I sure as hell know that I wouldnt kill it.

Maybe they can educate themselves after they've seen the massive rat that they've never seen in their house before that could probably eat their cat and killed it out of fear.

Have you never seen the ordinary person's reaction to a small rat? Amplify that, and it probably would end up in killing the massive rat that could easily spread disease. People do not tend to think in panic-inducing situations like that.

xXhayleyroxXx
19-08-10, 21:31
Im not arguing with you :p I can sort of see your point but I still think people can be stupid.

Smog
19-08-10, 21:50
I wouldnt kill it.

But these aren't those rats. They've probably been introduced by someone who didn't want the responsibility of having them as pets any more, as you said, and proceeded to breed in the wild. They are feral animals, and will act the same way as any wild member of their species. They'll pick up diseases and spread them around. The fact that they can be toilet trained or used to sniff out cancer is completely irrelevant. You think that they have some natural, in-built instinct to act this way from birth? They are domesticated. That behaviour is a result of environmental factors only. There are people who keep big cats as pets, but that doesn't mean that having a pride of wild lions living on your council estate isn't a cause for alarm.

The result of all this will either be that they thrive and throw off the whole ecosystem or that they all just die because they're not properly adapted. The latter is probably the better option.

Paddy
19-08-10, 21:56
Damn thats a big rat.

xXhayleyroxXx
19-08-10, 21:56
@Smog - Fair enough, but like I said before the problem is people releasing exotics into the wild. No doubt it will be investigated as it is illegal.

StefanJ94
19-08-10, 21:57
They look cute <3 :]

xXhayleyroxXx
19-08-10, 21:59
They look cute <3 :]

Don't they :p

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/specials/images/174_simonreeve/4172313_capricornimg_2768.jpg

ultima espio
19-08-10, 22:00
Its like a Dog :vlol:

Reminds me of the episode of Kim Possible with the giant Cockroaches :vlol::vlol::vlol:

StefanJ94
19-08-10, 22:01
Don't they :p

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/specials/images/174_simonreeve/4172313_capricornimg_2768.jpg

They really do, and look at they're ears ^_^
Wish I had one, but I'm scared of them :(

Chocola teapot
I would Cry.

WAIT hayley, IS THAT one? :O

AAAAW! <3

Paddy
If I saw a rat that ****ing big at my house too and knew there was plenty of them Id be trying to get rid of them too.

xXhayleyroxXx
19-08-10, 22:05
Its like a Dog :vlol:

Reminds me of the episode of Kim Possible with the giant Cockroaches :vlol::vlol::vlol:

They act like dogs too :p And omg I saw that episode! :vlol:

They really do, and look at they're ears ^_^
Wish I had one, but I'm scared of them :(

Hehe awww :p:hug: Hehe, I really want one :p Why are you scared of them? I suppose I find moths cute but Im scared of them though :p

I would Cry.

WAIT hayley, IS THAT one? :O

AAAAW! <3

hehe yesh :p

Chocola teapot
19-08-10, 22:06
hehe yesh :p

It's Lush, If I found one in my house... I would Squidge it! <3

xXhayleyroxXx
19-08-10, 22:08
It's Lush, If I found one in my house... I would Squidge it! <3

Nawhhh :p And hehe, if you squidged it , it would make funny noises :vlol:

Chocola teapot
19-08-10, 22:09
Nawhhh :p And hehe, if you squidged it , it would make funny noises :vlol:

I know! <3

Daw. x

:D

StefanJ94
19-08-10, 22:10
Hehe awww :p:hug: Hehe, I really want one :p Why are you scared of them? I suppose I find moths cute but Im scared of them though :p

I have no idea why I'm scared of them. They're clean and intelligent but IDK...there must be something wrong. I just can't see :pi:

xXhayleyroxXx
19-08-10, 22:11
I know! <3

Daw. x

:D

Hehe :ton::hug: At least I have been slightly successful in clearing their bad image :pi:

@StefanJ94 - lmao dont worry :p Like I said Im scared of moths although I find them cute looking, so I understand :hug:

Joely-Moley
19-08-10, 22:25
I would not like that running around my house.

da tomb raider!
19-08-10, 22:46
I want one, too.

aktrekker
19-08-10, 23:35
The rats may be for real but I think the photo in the article is fake.

The rat must weigh at least 30 pounds. Look how he's holding it up with only fingers. Not very likely, especially with it hanging out at the end of some kind of stick.
Also notice his arm muscles don't seem to be flexed at all. As if he isn't holding any weight.
And I can't see any way the stick he's holding is connected to the rat, or how it's holding the rat up.
The rat may have been superimposed on the photo, meaning it's probably a normal size rat whose picture is larger in relation to the photo of the guy.
But since he threw the rat away and it is assumed it was "eaten by foxes", there is no proof the rat ever existed.

The picture is fake. I would be interested seeing a real photo of a rat that size.

Smog
19-08-10, 23:41

Are you suggesting that the Sun may be running a dubious, misleading and poorly-investigated story? What a wild and crazy accusation! :whi:

Apathetic
19-08-10, 23:53
It's weird that he goes out rat shooting lol.

Lmfao. Soo english <3

Lmfao!!!

Eww. I saw something similiar on the news a few days ago with actual video of a huge rat roaming someones house. I always thought giant rats were just a myth..

I, Tomb Raider
19-08-10, 23:55
:eek:

That's not a rat actually, it's bigger than my cat. :vlol:

I guess I will hide in the closet. :rolleyes:

Headcrab
21-08-10, 06:19

That's not a rat actually, it's bigger than my cat. :vlol:

I guess I will hide in the closet. :rolleyes:

Watch out it might be in the closet with you! :eek:

Uzi master
21-08-10, 06:31
Are you suggesting that the Sun may be running a dubious, misleading and poorly-investigated story? What a wild and crazy accusation! :whi:

yet somehow everyone beleived the "smoking two-year-old" story...

just*raidin*tomb
21-08-10, 06:40
So those pesky rats in TR1 were actually realistic...

Shark_Blade
21-08-10, 06:44
I would splash them with hot boiling water. That's how we took them out when they're caught in rat traps.

But with that big ass rat, we're gonna need a whole cauldron! :eek:

sandygrimm
21-08-10, 07:38
O_O Ratzilla! Well should add as a nifty new sport for Britan. The ever seasonal rat hunting. Give the hares and pheasant some break.:p

aktrekker
21-08-10, 07:45
Why not? Sylvester Stallone liked his rat burger :p

sandygrimm
21-08-10, 07:46
^:vlol: Rat! the other white meat.

igonge
21-08-10, 08:17
Oh my that's big.

Apathetic
21-08-10, 08:22
Oh my that's big.

I know isn't it.

almayah
21-08-10, 10:43
95SYdjRVCR0&feature=related

xXhayleyroxXx
21-08-10, 10:48
I would splash them with hot boiling water. That's how we took them out when they're caught in rat traps.

But with that big ass rat, we're gonna need a whole cauldron! :eek:

If you have to kill them could you not have done it more humanely and quicker? We release our rats...

aktrekker
21-08-10, 10:54
We release our rats...
That's why you have rats.

Dark Lugia 2
21-08-10, 11:30

The rat must weigh at least 30 pounds. Look how he's holding it up with only fingers. Not very likely, especially with it hanging out at the end of some kind of stick.
Also notice his arm muscles don't seem to be flexed at all. As if he isn't holding any weight.
And I can't see any way the stick he's holding is connected to the rat, or how it's holding the rat up.
The rat may have been superimposed on the photo, meaning it's probably a normal size rat whose picture is larger in relation to the photo of the guy.
But since he threw the rat away and it is assumed it was "eaten by foxes", there is no proof the rat ever existed.

The picture is fake. I would be interested seeing a real photo of a rat that size.

Thats some good thinking! :p The Sun is known to report false stories. I was also confused by the photo, its not clear how the rat is being held up, its more like someone plastered the side of a rat to the picture like you pointed out.

xXhayleyroxXx
21-08-10, 11:41
That's why you have rats.

We release them many many miles from the house away from civilisation :p We have rats because theres a rat nest in one of our neighbours gardens and she leaves them unchecked.

Capt. Murphy
21-08-10, 13:24
About the Tumor sniffing rats... Do they then proceed to eat it out from a person upon detecting it?

xXhayleyroxXx
21-08-10, 13:27
About the Tumor sniffing rats... Do they then proceed to eat it out from a person upon detecting it?

Why would they do that?

TR-Freak
21-08-10, 13:29
The Rat really reminds me of TR1:jmp:

Capt. Murphy
21-08-10, 13:31
Why would they do that?

Because it would be just like something you'd see in a horror movie. :p

I know they wouldn't do it... But what if they did? :pi:

No need to answer that. Consider it a rhetorical question.

Drone
21-08-10, 14:52
whatta ...

Super Badnik
21-08-10, 15:05
Crap, I had no idea it was even possible for a rat to be that big!

MattTR
21-08-10, 17:02
Scary stuff, too bad I don't own a pair of dual pistols. :(

Shark_Blade
21-08-10, 17:16
If you have to kill them could you not have done it more humanely and quicker? We release our rats...It is a quick kill and humane enough. What you prefer it to be clobbered to death?And you release your rats?Well that's just silly, what's the point of catching them? You're letting them breed again.:rolleyes:

Aphrodite22
21-08-10, 17:31
Awesome!

Lizard of Oz
21-08-10, 18:31
Oh my :eek:

Those are some enourmous rats!
I totally support Hayley's cause, but you can't blame those people for being freaked out!

xXhayleyroxXx
21-08-10, 19:44
It is a quick kill and humane enough. What you prefer it to be clobbered to death?And you release your rats?Well that's just silly, what's the point of catching them? You're letting them breed again.:rolleyes:

Yeah I'm not stupid. Tbh even a trap is a quicker death than pouring boiling hot water on, or an electric box. I dont kill animals of any kind, be they pests or not; so dont virtually roll your eyes at me ;) I release them in the middle of nowhere.

Oh my :eek:

Those are some enourmous rats!
I totally support Hayley's cause, but you can't blame those people for being freaked out!

Nawhh thanks sweetie :hug:

Uzi master
21-08-10, 19:50
It is a quick kill and humane enough. What you prefer it to be clobbered to death?And you release your rats?Well that's just silly, what's the point of catching them? You're letting them breed again.:rolleyes:

so would you llike to be put in a pot of boiling water at you're death?:p

Shark_Blade
21-08-10, 21:51
Yeah I'm not stupid. Tbh even a trap is a quicker death than pouring boiling hot water on, or an electric box. I dont kill animals of any kind, be they pests or not; so dont virtually roll your eyes at me ;) I release them in the middle of nowhere.

Nawhh thanks sweetie :hug:The trap is like a cage rather than the one that snap at the rats. The downside of releasing them in the nowhere is that you might spread them in a new place rather than containing their spread. And no one has the time or resources to go traveling and release the buggers into the nowhere. Not killing pests is just silly imo, but if you like to live with pests in your home then be my guest.:wve: You're better off show "kindness" on other living creatures than these vermins spreading diseases, illness and even death.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

so would you llike to be put in a pot of boiling water at you're death?:pWould you? We don't put them in the cauldron, that's disgusting. Too dirty to clean afterwards. We just pour the hit water on them.

And I'm talking about quick effective way of putting out pests life. What would you do then? Just don't tell me you're another fairy tale princess loving rats and cockroaches now.

xXhayleyroxXx
21-08-10, 21:56
The trap is like a cage rather than the one that snap at the rats. The downside of releasing them in the nowhere is that you might spread them in a new place rather than containing their spread. And no one has the time or resources to go traveling and release the buggers into the nowhere. Not killing pests is just silly imo, but if you like to live with pests in your home then be my guest.:wve: You're better off show "kindness" on other living creatures than these vermins spreading diseases, illness and even death.

Would you? I'm talking about quick effective way of putting out pests life. What would you do then? Just don't tell me you're another fairy tale princess loving rats and cockroaches now.

There really is no need to be so...rude! No time or resources huh? Resources = the cage you use already. Time? easily found. Tbh pouring boiling water on them is really unhumane. And death? That is sooo rare. Rats would rather avoid you and just provide for themselves.

larafan25
21-08-10, 21:58
The trap is like a cage rather than the one that snap at the rats. The downside of releasing them in the nowhere is that you might spread them in a new place rather than containing their spread. And no one has the time or resources to go traveling and release the buggers into the nowhere. Not killing pests is just silly imo, but if you like to live with pests in your home then be my guest.:wve: You're better off show "kindness" on other living creatures than these vermins spreading diseases, illness and even death.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Would you? I'm talking about quick effective way of putting out pests life. What would you do then? Just don't tell me you're another fairy tale princess loving rats and cockroaches now.

Speaking of.:rolleyes:

See why it is harsh.

Shark_Blade
21-08-10, 22:13
There really is no need to be so...rude! No time or resources huh? Resources = the cage you use already. Time? easily found. Tbh pouring boiling water on them is really unhumane. And death? That is sooo rare. Rats would rather avoid you and just provide for themselves.The cage is very cheap, you can just get it at any shop nearby, even at big supermarkets. Time, not everyone has it honestly to go far away for the trouble. If you have other humane ways to take them out I'll gladly listen. And I do hope the vermins stay away from me but I can only dream. Now I don't hate rats as a whole, I have 2 cute little hamsters under my care for 2 years now. Now these types of rats are fine to me.

And I apologize if I came off rude though.:)

larafan25: what are you on about?:confused:

larafan25
21-08-10, 22:15
The cage is very cheap, you can just get it at any shop nearby, even at big supermarkets. Time, not everyone has it honestly to go far away for the trouble. If you have other humane ways to take them out I'll gladly listen. And I do hope the vermins stay away from me but I can only dream. Now I don't hate rats as a whole, I have 2 cute little hamsters under my care for 2 years now. Now these types if rats are fine to me.

I don't see why pests should be killed.

They do not know any better, we all live on this planet together, go put it somewhere, no need to kill them.

xXhayleyroxXx
21-08-10, 22:19
The cage is very cheap, you can just get it at any shop nearby, even at big supermarkets. Time, not everyone has it honestly to go far away for the trouble. If you have other humane ways to take them out I'll gladly listen. And I do hope the vermins stay away from me but I can only dream. Now I don't hate rats as a whole, I have 2 cute little hamsters under my care for 2 years now. Now these types of rats are fine to me.

Wha--I already have a cage. A snap-trap is probably the quickest... although thinking of that is absolutely appalling. And hamsters arent rats.

They do not know any better, we all live on this planet together, go put it somewhere, no need to kill them.

You deserve a hug. :hug:

Shark_Blade
21-08-10, 22:23

They do not know any better, we all live on this planet together, go put it somewhere, no need to kill them.Yeah we all live in the same planet, so don't kill each other. We only need love.

We kill animals for their meat, necessities and territorial health and safety. So rats have to go too if you want clean, germ free environment. And we will continue to do so until the end of time. Even from early times, people dislike the vermins and kill them by the lot. I'm sure
you've heard of the tale of the Pied Piper? The vermins causes distress to society.

Hayley: it's not the normal cage. It's a trap cage with a bait put in it.

Tonyrobinson
21-08-10, 22:24
Meh, that's normal to Northern Irish rats. We get lots of those were I live. :)

xXhayleyroxXx
21-08-10, 22:25
Yeah we all live in the same planet, so don't kill each other. We only need love.

We kill animals for their meat, necessities and territorial health and safety. So rats have to too if you want clean, germ free environment. And we will continue to do so until the end of time. Even from early times, people dislike the vermins and kill them by the lot. I'm sure
you've heard of the tale of the Pied Piper? The vermins causes distress to society.

But how do rats bother you? Do they come in your house? If so block areas up where they can come in and they'll carry on their business as normal and not bother you.

larafan25
21-08-10, 22:27
Yeah we all live in the same planet, so don't kill each other. We only need love.

We kill animals for their meat, necessities and territorial health and safety. So rats have to go too if you want clean, germ free environment. And we will continue to do so until the end of time. Even from early times, people dislike the vermins and kill them by the lot. I'm sure

Hayley: it's not the normal cage. It's
a trap cage with a bait put in it.

Bullies are bad for the health of the children that get bullied, and they are pests. Clearly we should kill them.

I see nothing werong with comparing people to animals.

They can easily be removed, if it is so important then there is time and money to be spent on removing them from the area and putting them somewhere out of our harm and theirs.

aktrekker
21-08-10, 22:43
We don't remove bullies. We try to reason with them and teach them.
So you should do that with your rats.

Shark_Blade
21-08-10, 22:47
Hayley: Thats easier said than done. I once watched a discovery channel showcase how rats can get into places you can't think of. They even snuck into a spaceship and into outerspace. Boarding a house up is not really an option, they can scurry into the littlest holes imaginable.*

Larafan: Bullies are people and why kill them if they didn't commit murder crime or whatnot? And like most people they can change through the course of life. Most of all, they are humans hence they are more valuable than animals. Same with plants and trees. If a thousand trees need to be torn down so that people doesn't get cold in the winter, it will be done. Humans first, then animals and plants.

The reason why we kill rats is to dispose them. They ruin food and rice fields, and spread disease to people, and even death. I cant stress death enough because recently one of our radio dj was dead because of rat disease. It's not like you can counsel the rats not to do this or that like people. And can you imagine a whole field of rats and you want to release elsewhere. What good will that be? You'll just spread them elsewhere and make things worst.

The whole comparing bullies with rats is just silly anyway. :vlol:

larafan25
21-08-10, 22:52
I may be wrong, but I am sure there are other ways to fix the problem and to avoide further problems. I just haven't thought of it.:)

xXhayleyroxXx
21-08-10, 22:57
A rat can fit into a space the size of its head, so tbh if you have a hole in your house the size of a rats head shouldn't you board it up anyway? How are they bothering you?

Shark_Blade
21-08-10, 22:58
On other note, they breed like rabbits. Too many too soon. That's why people took them out as soon as they can before it's too late.

Hayley: No hayley. They are more capable than that. Even the size of under a door is enough for them to slip through.

xXhayleyroxXx
21-08-10, 23:00
Yes they do, but you're not answering my question :p

larafan25
21-08-10, 23:13
On other note, they breed like rabbits. Too many too soon. That's why people took them out as soon as they can before it's too late.

Hayley: No hayley. They are more capable than that. Even the size of under a door is enough for them to slip through.

How does that change anything? You do not have holes under the doors that lead you outdoors from your home.

Shark_Blade
21-08-10, 23:14
Hayley: My house having holes you mean? I don't have any as far as I know.

It's been a while since I saw rats now, years I think. But in my old house we used to have them. Our house is clean of course but there you have it. It's got to do with the environment or neighbourhood I reckon.

But if i see them now, I wouldn't hesitate to take the necessary actions. :mis:

Larafan: Now you've completely lost me.

larafan25
22-08-10, 00:00
Hayley: My house having holes you mean? I don't have any as far as I know.

It's been a while since I saw rats now, years I think. But in my old house we used to have them. Our house is clean of course but there you have it. It's got to do with the environment or neighbourhood I reckon.

But if i see them now, I wouldn't hesitate to take the necessary actions. :mis:

Larafan: Now you've completely lost me.

You said that they can fit under areas the size of the space beneath a door. Rats would come in from outside, the doors for going in and out of your house, exterior doors, should not have spaces beneath them, rather some form of weather stripping.

Tommy123
22-08-10, 00:35
oh damn!!!!

aktrekker
22-08-10, 04:03
Rats can and will chew through siding (even the metal type) and walls/doors to get inside a building. They can also chew up through the floor. If they want in they will get in.

Paddy
22-08-10, 04:13

I disagree, pests depending what they are can destroy our native wildlife, culling pests I have absolutely no problem with long as its done humanely. lol go put it somewhere? Like where? its called a pest for a reason. Feral rats are no different. Fair enough some people disagree with even killing them but thats just an opinion, I happen to disagree with it.

Shark_Blade
22-08-10, 07:07
You said that they can fit under areas the size of the space beneath a door. Rats would come in from outside, the doors for going in and out of your house, exterior doors, should not have spaces beneath them, rather some form of weather stripping.I have to agree with their posts ;):

Rats can and will chew through siding (even the metal type) and walls/doors to get inside a building. They can also chew up through the floor. If they want in they will get in.

I disagree, pests depending what they are can destroy our native wildlife, culling pests I have absolutely no problem with long as its done humanely. lol go put it somewhere? Like where? its called a pest for a reason. Feral rats are no different. Fair enough some people disagree with even killing them but thats just an opinion, I happen to disagree with it.

remote91
22-08-10, 07:10
If I saw one of these in my house even the dog's would be scared to go near it.

Think of the damage those teeth could do!

Lara_Fan_33
22-08-10, 08:44
ew. i want one.

moodydog
22-08-10, 12:44
theyre gorgeous! Can i keep one! :D