PDA

View Full Version : Toby Gard interested in new IP

Apathetic
20-08-10, 08:12
So I have this really cool game idea. Itís not actually zombies + Kung fu (although that sounds pretty mint too.) Iím pretty excited about it, so Iím going to start the old dog and pony show, see if any publishers are on the lookout for new IP. If you know any who are, let me know!

I have to make this game, it would just be totally wicked.

http://www.tobygard.com/

Ooh.

scoopy_loopy
20-08-10, 08:37
That statement sounds so typical of a 12yo.

For real.

Apathetic
20-08-10, 08:39

For real.

:vlol:

I'm sure he can be professional if he tried.

scoopy_loopy
20-08-10, 08:40
Maybe I'm just biased. I haven't really liked him since he jumped back onto the TR wagon and decided Lara needed to be re-invented.

lara c. fan
20-08-10, 08:46

For real.

I'm gonna have to agree with you here.

Carbonek_0051
20-08-10, 09:08
Awesome, I can't wait to see if it gets picked up. I personally like Toby and think he could probably come up with something good. :)

Apathetic
20-08-10, 09:11
Awesome, I can't wait to see if it gets picked up. I personally like Toby and think he could probably come up with something good. :)

Yeah! He sounded pretty excited.

TippingWater
20-08-10, 09:16

:tmb:

da tomb raider!
20-08-10, 09:47
Let's hope that this one will be more of a success than Galleon, eh?

xXhayleyroxXx
20-08-10, 10:44
I hope he finds a new IP :tmb:

larafan25
20-08-10, 15:34
Toby can't come up with good game ideas, are you guys crazy!:cen:

Oh! Waiitt....Tomb Raider, amazing, this will definately be good.:D

Peanut
20-08-10, 15:39
Maybe I'm just biased. I haven't really liked him since he jumped back onto the TR wagon and decided Lara needed to be re-invented.

That was Toby Guard. :)

]{eith
20-08-10, 15:47

I couldn't agree more.

yesrushdt
20-08-10, 16:56
Let's hope that this one will be more of a success than Galleon, eh?

It's unfortunate Galleon wasn't a success considering how great the game is. It was certainly better than any of the TR games he worked on with Crystal Dynamics.

Super Badnik
20-08-10, 17:04
Good luck to him. Lara Croft is still his best idea ever though. :p

Catracoth
20-08-10, 17:06
Kung Fu Zombies?
Jesus, just take me now.

Tommy123
20-08-10, 22:42
lets hope it dont turn out to be crap and instead be another legend like LC

Good luck

ClankDaxter
20-08-10, 23:19
He sounded like a horny guy excited to loose his virginity xD Ohh dear God, poor Toby! I hope he finds what he wants... But the only good thing I've seen him do till now was Tomb Raider 1

igonge
21-08-10, 08:27

{eith;4835298']I couldn't agree more.

Same.

Apathetic
21-08-10, 08:37
Same.

Interesting, but why? What he did with Legend may not have appealed to the hardcore TR fans who'd rather prefer the 'bad ass Lara', but still, it's a great game and I feel like Lara was better than ever. But let's face it, she really did need a re-invention. Her classic personality was hardly realistic.

t-raider26
21-08-10, 08:41
Interesting, but why? What he did with Legend may not have appealed to the hardcore TR fans who'd rather prefer the 'bad ass Lara', but still, it's a great game and I feel like Lara was better than ever. But let's face it, she really did need a re-invention. Her classic personality was hardly realistic.

Not to mention non-existent. IMO Classic Lara was pretty bland when it came to personality...

Lara's Nemesis
21-08-10, 08:44
I'm always wary of people that use the word mint to describe something good. :p

Apathetic
21-08-10, 08:48
^ :p

Not to mention non-existent. IMO Classic Lara was pretty bland when it came to personality...

Exactly! When Toby came up with the idea of Lara Croft he most likely disregarded what her personality would be like because quite frankly it wasn't really an important aspect of the game at the time. Back then the game was obviously focused on the gameplay aspect, such as exploration, puzzles, combat, ect..

I somewhat don't consider AOD Lara as one of the classics, though. I loved her personality in that game. :tmb:

amaris
21-08-10, 08:57
humm... not too sure how i feel about that. :p I HOPE he knows what he's doing, and won't just do a resident evil knockoff. if he does, i will smack him upside the head, then fit him with a pair of cement shoes. :ohn:

i mean, "Zombies + kung fu." WTF?

:p

Carbonek_0051
21-08-10, 09:04
It's not zombies + kung fu, he says so himself:

It’s not actually zombies + Kung fu....

ClankDaxter
21-08-10, 13:26
Then what is it? xD Dead guys + Melee combat? Or perhaps Taichi :vlol: