PDA

View Full Version : How strict are you with yourself?

Reckless Lara
20-08-10, 18:27
Some people punish themselves really easily and some others are just more mellow. Can't choose what's the best thing to do because it depends on the situation, alright? So I'm gonna let you guys tell me if you are too severe with yourself or not.

I am. And I'm consious about it. Although I would like to say that for all the times we punish ourselves, very few times have we actually done something wrong. :)

Catracoth
20-08-10, 18:31
I can't say I've ever 'punished' myself. I mean, I've smacked myself in the head a couple of times when I do something stupid...but punish? Hmm, rather crude. :p

lara c. fan
20-08-10, 18:32
Depends on what you mean by "punish"...

Reckless Lara
20-08-10, 18:37
Not something harsh like stop eating for days, or cutting yourself. No. Maybe I should have said blame yourself and keeping yourself responsible.

CerebralAssassin
20-08-10, 18:40
not punish per se,but I'm overtly critical of my work

thecentaur
20-08-10, 18:45
I'm very self critical in terms of looks, grades, friendships, etc. I set such high expectations of myself and self loathe when they are not met.

Phlip
20-08-10, 18:52

This, but with better grammar.

larafan25
20-08-10, 19:00

This, however I often kick myself for saying things that are stupid or awkward.:pi:

A.JJ.G
20-08-10, 19:01
I'm usually not very strict with myself, but I can be hard on myself if I make mistakes.

HappyShannon
20-08-10, 19:03
I'm pretty strict with myself I guess :p

Avalon SARL
20-08-10, 19:10
If I do something stupid, well I wouldnt punish myself,but rather try help me not to do this stupid thing again...

If I sin, I would go give some money/ food to a poor, homeless human I know...makes me feel better

:)

Lizard of Oz
20-08-10, 19:43
I have really high standards for everything, and when something doesn't come out the way I've wanted, I get really upset. I guess I have too much expectations from myself =/

But I never really do "punish" myself, I only try to learn from whatever went wrong and try to do it better next time :D

larson n natla
20-08-10, 19:48
Grade wise I was disgusted with myself when I got a D in a practise science test, but only because I knew I had let myself down. In the actual test I worked my butt off and I will find out if it payed off on Tuesday when I find out my results.

Looks wise my acne makes me insecure I suppose it's just that I feel inferior because not many people have it or at least I don't notice on them.

Apart from that I am not strict but I have values that I want to uphold for example I'm never going to smoke or drink alcohol but that's because I don't like what they do to people both socially and physically. I try to eat as healthily as possible and make others happy.

So yeah that's me sorry about the paragraph too much :ton:

just*raidin*tomb
20-08-10, 19:55
I've never really punished myself, but if you are talking about self-descipline...I have none.

xXhayleyroxXx
20-08-10, 20:22
Hmm it depends on the situation and what kind of punishment :p Im very critical of my work and myself, so I punish myself mentally. Habits... well when it comes to eating meat I've been extremly punishing, but I need to be more punishing in exercise and eating more healthy if I want a buff Lara-esque body :p

Lara_Fan_33
20-08-10, 20:31
i used to be a goodie two shoes boy who didnt do anything bad and when i ddi do something bad id feel so guilty about it that it would affect my mood for several days, not to mention i used to have anger issues, which only made matters worse. I was very hard on myself back then. Now, however, ive let loose, im very funy and fun to be with, and those anger issues are gone, ive turned at least my social life completely around and im thankful for the self control i now have :D rant done/

RunrigNutter
20-08-10, 20:57
I sometimes punish myself; so if I was doing a song (yes I know mine are long), but I dont mind. I sometimes force myself to stay up to finish it, the same with my story.

Chocola teapot
20-08-10, 21:26
Not too Strict... In all Honesty.

I was.

Capt. Murphy
20-08-10, 21:50
Do I have moments of guilt? Am I ever burdened by my own conscience?

There are times I do hold myself to higher standard... Well, I mean, there are a lot of things I wouldn't even think about doing. But I'm not infallible. And whenever I do something I know isn't right... or when I know I could've made a better/wiser decision... I will feel guilty.

But the only thing I can really think of as like a punishment upon myself... Skipping a meal. I'll say/think in my mind; "I'm not going to eat this time... I don't deserve to eat."

"Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound."—Romans 5:20.

However bad I may be and feel like punishing myself - by God's grace I'm granted mercy from Him. :)

Dark Lugia 2
20-08-10, 22:01
I have high expectations of myself, and I feel like I never try hard enough and the times that I dont do well, I cant exactly say I love myself. So I guess I am strict?

Reckless Lara
20-08-10, 22:54
I have high expectations of myself, and I feel like I never try hard enough and the times that I dont do well, I cant exactly say I love myself. So I guess I am strict?

Yeah, I guess you are. Welcome to the club, mate.

I have really high standards for everything, and when something doesn't come out the way I've wanted, I get really upset. I guess I have too much expectations from myself =/

But I never really do "punish" myself, I only try to learn from whatever went wrong and try to do it better next time :D

That's normal, it's good to try for the best and expect ourselves to become better people.

DgoOdz94
20-08-10, 22:56
I blame myself for almost everything that happens to me in the day. And I must admit, it has gotten to a point where I actually do damage myself. :\

Reckless Lara
20-08-10, 22:58
I blame myself for almost everything that happens to me in the day. And I must admit, it has gotten to a point where I actually do damage myself. :\

Oh, that's no good. Have you tried to get any help?

DgoOdz94
20-08-10, 23:02
Oh, that's no good. Have you tried to get any help?
Yes, I have. But I'm too stubborn, so I keep doing it. -_-

Encore
20-08-10, 23:24
A lot.... If I think I've done something wrong that I can't fix, I'll torture myself over it. It sucks.

Reckless Lara
20-08-10, 23:37
Yes, I have. But I'm too stubborn, so I keep doing it. -_-

Well, just try to take care.

DgoOdz94
20-08-10, 23:40
Well, just try to take care.
I'll try. :)

CiaKonwerski
21-08-10, 00:01
I am pretty laid back myself on most things, until it comes to my diet. When I am dieting I put a lot of pressure on myself. I am really strict about foods etc.

Reckless Lara
21-08-10, 00:09
I am pretty laid back myself on most things, until it comes to my diet. When I am dieting I put a lot of pressure on myself. I am really strict about foods etc.

Watching your weight is not necessarily something bad. I never really had to put myself in a diet but I am too careful with what I'm eating. So stick to your diet and do what your doctor tells me to.

Paddy
21-08-10, 00:19
Too strict tbh, even making slight stuffups I get frustrated over. Especially if its something I feel I shouldnt be making an error on.

StefanJ94
21-08-10, 00:24

I am totally opposite than you :)

Ikas90
21-08-10, 08:49
The hardest person to forgive is my own self. If others make mistakes, I can forgive them easily. But myself? No.

SkyPuppy
21-08-10, 09:41
i just take my frustrations out on people like Nate, cept he likes it, unfortunately. =/

almayah
21-08-10, 10:46
Naah, I'll let someone else punish me :p

Nausinous
21-08-10, 11:21
I'm really quite strict, for example I have a cardinal rule not to eat anything that's bad for me no matter how tempting and the moment I break that rule I have a gruelling hour in the gym. Over the last few years I've matured and begun to force myself to do the things I don't enjoy, even if I really feel like scratching at the walls because I know matter no matter how dull or painful, that one dis-pleasurable moment could mean one step closer to being the person I want to be, swimming in an ocean of pleasure.

lunavixen
21-08-10, 12:47
i'm extremely critical of myself

coolaideonfire
21-08-10, 23:17
I'm not very strict on myself. I think it's a waste of time and energy, my work ethic is one that I'll get things done naturally but if I don't then whatever, I'll do it another time.

Tonyrobinson
21-08-10, 23:33
I often put pegs on my nipples and gag myself with an apple. But baby, to me that's not punishment at all. :cln:

Rai
21-08-10, 23:53
I don't know about being strict, but critical. I'm critical enough, or maybe it's self doubt, to keept trying to improve on myself, to do better. But I'm not so hard on myself that I push mysself to a point where I can't reach. I'm fairly forgiving also.

Catracoth
22-08-10, 03:32
If there's one thing I hate, it's when I do something stupid and always think about it while lying in bed. I try to think of amusing things, hoping they'll transfer over to my dreams and end up reflecting on past mistakes and ruining my night. :hea:

scremanie
22-08-10, 03:53
umm... no

lol, I don't punish myself.

I do what I want, but I still know how to stop myself if I think something i'm doing is wrong.

digitizedboy
22-08-10, 12:27
I tend to just sod off to bed when I'm fed up or ****ed off about something, and then just hope and pray I wake up with a better look on things.

Biddy
22-08-10, 15:15
I'm not too strict on myself, but I am on what I do, especially in writings, drawings, etc. Right to a point where sometimes the original concept is lost within all those corrections and edits.

Twilight
24-08-10, 18:30
stiff expectations never got me anywhere good.
and i don't "punish" myself, ever.
if i did something wrong i'd apologize to whomever i hurt and learn from it and move on.

Drone
24-08-10, 18:33
I never regret and never apologize either tho I aways do everything to keep my soul clean.

Twilight
24-08-10, 18:34
I never regret and never apologize either tho I aways do everything to keep my soul clean.

how can you do everything to keep your soul clean if you don't allow for mistakes? nobody's perfect.

Drone
24-08-10, 18:36
how can you do everything to keep your soul clean if you don't allow for mistakes? nobody's is perfect.

did I say that everyone is perfect? No need to put the words in my mouth. If nothing is wrong there is no need to apologize

Twilight
24-08-10, 18:41
did I say that everyone is perfect? No need to put the words in my mouth. If nothing is wrong there is no need to apologize

I never said you said it; i just mean if you want a clean soul then apologizing is necessary. Of course that's if you need to. The way you originally wrote it seemed to contradict that. But you seem to get what i'm saying.

moodydog
25-08-10, 00:24
I do the heat of the moment things like wacking myself on my head when i do something stupid! (which i have knocked myself out... and i am 99% certain i given myself brain damage from wacking my own head in :o)

i dont punish myself as such though :)