PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider VS Kingdom Hearts?

Marluxia15
22-08-10, 17:56
So tell me, which players love Kingdom Hearts as little, much or more than Tomb Raider? Call this a small research project.

I DO!:tea:

Catracoth
22-08-10, 18:01
Tomb Raider vs Kingdom Hearts?
They're completely different.

larafan25
22-08-10, 18:03
I absolutely love kingdom hearts as much as tomb raider however in a different way, and it hasn't grabbed hold of my life's nuts in such a strong way.

Can't wait for KH3!:D

ultima espio
22-08-10, 18:04
Take it to the Kingdom Hearts thread. Its a bit pointless really, your just starting a popularity contest, and trust me, it'll get ugly.

Shark_Blade
22-08-10, 18:05
They're completely different, like you're comparing apple to oranges.

In this case, a pre-pubescent confused boy and a middle age big breasted lady.

Survival
22-08-10, 18:24
Wait what?

Sir Croft
22-08-10, 18:25
Tetris.

Biddy
22-08-10, 18:33
^ I follow suit.

voltz
22-08-10, 18:53
<--- Sees absolutely no point with this thread. :)

ultima espio
22-08-10, 18:57
<--- Sees absolutely no point with this thread. :)

Exactly.

t-raider26
22-08-10, 19:07
They're so different. It's like apples and oranges...

TombOfRaiders
22-08-10, 19:15
You can't compare Action/Adventure with RPG. -_-

Carbonek_0051
22-08-10, 20:15
They're both my favorite video games series, but I can't compare them. Too different to compare, but both amazing. ^_^

Also, there is a Kingdom Hearts thread (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=153658). :)

larafan25
22-08-10, 20:23
Is anyone surprised by the fact that the Author has asked whether you like one game over the other, and barely anyone cares to respond?

Do you like Tomb Raider or Kingdom Hearts better?

Simple question. o.O

Uzi master
22-08-10, 21:00
I only played the first KH,I'll go with TR though, kingdome hearts is just so, something a small child plays.

ultima espio
22-08-10, 21:05
I only played the first KH,I'll go with TR though, kingdome hearts is just so, something a small child plays.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090415040756/kingdomhearts/images/d/d3/KHII_PAL_Box_Cover.jpg
http://www.gamershell.com/static/boxart/large/uk/10034.jpg

Grab a napkin son, you've just been served.

robm_2007
22-08-10, 22:42
ive never played KH besides maybe a few minutes, and that wasnt enough for me to get interested in it or disinterested.

i dont think that would be a fan of it, cuz i hate FF.

but these are two very different games; so we mind as well be comparing penises and vaginas.

larafan25
23-08-10, 00:03
ive never played KH besides maybe a few minutes, and that wasnt enough for me to get interested in it or disinterested.

i dont think that would be a fan of it, cuz i hate FF.

but these are two very different games; so we mind as well be comparing penises and vaginas.

FF and KH are two very different games.

KH is not turn based battle, it is during real time and the enemies pop out and you sword fight basically, but it;s the best sword fighting I have ever done, the keyblade is sick. There is just so much awesomeness to the plotline, it sucks I couldnt play the past 3 games, however I WILL get KH3.:D

TheBloodRed
23-08-10, 00:07
They're completely different, like you're comparing apple to oranges.

In this case, a pre-pubescent confused boy and a middle age big breasted lady.

This.

I thought this thread would be closed already but I guess somebody likes the discussion. :/

Games have no similarity as KH isn't really for major exploration or anything. But hey, whatever floats your boat!

Legend of Lara
23-08-10, 00:10
This is like comparing Burnout with Persona 3.

LjsBRlvjwJ8

DXgfRSvMx4c

Which one is better lol

larafan25
23-08-10, 00:13
How about comparing TRL to TR4 which are vastly different. TR1 to LCGOL which are vastly different.

Chances are most people on this TOMB RAIDER forum prefere tomb raider over othe games, however there could be members who like kingdom hearts better.

SkyPuppy
23-08-10, 00:35
This is like comparing Burnout with Persona 3.

DXgfRSvMx4c

Which one is better lol

^ obviously this one. and... what the hell was wrong with the person playing!? they didn't even have Yukari in their party, so like what the hell. <_<

but yeah, Kingdom Hearts and Tomb Raider... you can't even compare them.

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 01:18
I really hate this generalization. Just because it has Disney in it doesn't mean it's something a small child plays, it's actually really hard and it has a complex storyline. :/

Uzi master
23-08-10, 01:28
Well I beat it, even did all the optional stuff, and yeah it may not be what a small child plays but the dialog and characters are desighned as if the player is a little kid, the gameplay is okay though, not that great.

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 01:29
Of course the character is designed as if he is a kid, because he IS a kid. The dialogue was not that kiddy either. The game was designed for fans of RPG's and Disney. The KH fanbase ranges from 12-30 years olds. It's a really stupid generalization that only kids would play KH.

Uzi master
23-08-10, 01:33
first of all you missread my post, second it's not really a generalization if you actually have played it all the way through.

it's called an opinion.

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 01:37
No it is a generalization, you made a judgement saying it's something a small child would play, when that's clearly not even the case opinion or not.

Uzi master
23-08-10, 01:42
shall I re-word it?

in my opinion it seems like a game desighned for small children mainly because of they way the dialouge sounds/is worded and some of the main characters, though the gameplay is something that people of other age groups would be better suited for.

]{eith
23-08-10, 02:51
If Kingdom Hearts is for aimed soley at kids then my world has been turned upside down. What kind of inhuman super children are beating these games? I've been stuck on the Riku boss battle for days. :eek:

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 02:54
shall I re-word it?

in my opinion it seems like a game desighned for small children mainly because of they way the dialouge sounds/is worded and some of the main characters, though the gameplay is something that people of other age groups would be better suited for.
So characters that are kids + some lighhearted dialogue = designed for small children? That doesn't make sense to me.
{eith;4842857']If Kingdom Hearts is for aimed soley at kids then my world has been turned upside down. What kind of inhuman super children are beating these games? I've been stuck on the Riku boss battle for days. :eek:
Exactly, I was stuck on the last boss battle for a week last month. xD

trlestew
23-08-10, 02:55
Have you tried dodging and blocking? :o

I like both, but they really aren't comparable at all :l

larafan25
{eith;4842857']If Kingdom Hearts is for aimed soley at kids then my world has been turned upside down. What kind of inhuman super children are beating these games? I've been stuck on the Riku boss battle for days. :eek:

Betch please!!! I've been stuck on that battle since 2007!!! D:

Uzi master
I never said because the cast were kids (I actually thought they were supposed to be teens...)

when did I say that?

And BTW try useing all the summons, that worked for me (again I DID beat it, and formed an opinion on it.)

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 02:59
Have you tried dodging and blocking? :o

I like both, but they really aren't comparable at all :l
Aero, dodge rolling, & flying usually helps more. :p
I never said because the cast were kids (I actually thought they were supposed to be teens...)

when did I say that?

Here actually:

Well I beat it, even did all the optional stuff, and yeah it may not be what a small child plays but the dialog and characters are desighned as if the player is a little kid, the gameplay is okay though, not that great.

shall I re-word it?

If that's not what you meant, what did you mean?

Uzi master
23-08-10, 03:02
in the first quote it was the dialouge and character, not the charters being kids.

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 03:03
And what exactly about the character makes it seem like it was aimed at kids?

Uzi master
23-08-10, 03:06
about 85% of the characters are from disney talking like they are talking to three year olds as they do in whatever show or movie they were in and personally it gets anoying.

and most of the other characters are cliche's too.

]{eith
23-08-10, 03:07
I've tried everything! I've tried Aero, I've tried summons, I've tried rolling and dodging and gliding and shaking and crying and all these at once and still nothing. ;___;

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 03:07
^Try block! That could work too. You just have to time it right. :p
about 85% of the characters are from disney talking like they are talking to three year olds as they do in whatever show or movie they were in and personally it gets anoying.

and most of the other characters are cliche's too.So Disney characters are what makes it aimed at kids? They never spoke like they were talking to 3 year olds. Did you want them to be cussing and saying sexual stuff?

Uzi master
23-08-10, 03:12
no but them being exactly like how they are in wherever they're from where they act like they do for three years olds, just come on. and yes they do "spoke"

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 03:15
Not really, I didn't realize lighthearted dialogue meant it was for 3 year olds. Just because it may not be what you like, doesn't mean it's child like.

Sir Croft
23-08-10, 03:18
Screw you all. I still preffer Tetris.

Uzi master
23-08-10, 03:26
Not really, I didn't realize lighthearted dialogue meant it was for 3 year olds. Just because it may not be what you like, doesn't mean it's child like.

I'm sorry I can't have my opinion on it, and I can see you are a disney fan so of course you won't get what I was trying to say.

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 03:29
I'm sorry I can't have my opinion on it, and I can see you are a disney fan so of course you won't get what I was trying to say.

What does me being a Disney fan have to with anything? I know Disney can be aimed at children at times, but KH is not.

Uzi master
23-08-10, 03:32
What does me being a Disney fan have to with anything? I know Disney can be aimed at children at times, but KH is not.

in you're opinion:p

(and sometimes the age rating can be a little off, I'm sure you could find at least one game you have that's age rating seems a little off)

SkyPuppy
23-08-10, 03:34
So Disney characters are what makes it aimed at kids? They never spoke like they were talking to 3 year olds. Did you want them to be cussing and saying sexual stuff?

AMUvgP5C_PM

...D:

robm_2007
23-08-10, 03:35
ive only played the first part of KH1, up to the part where you race to see who gets to name your ship; and i have watched my cousin play much of KH.

it is child-friendly, but its not necessarily targeted for kids only. It's more mature, yet with child influences. ppl might think that its a kids game cuz its rated E10+ and has Disney stuff.

its like how some ppl will think that Uncharted and Tomb Raider are alomst the same thing; when they really arent.

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 03:41
AMUvgP5C_PM

...D:
Ew, I hate that stupid show. :/
ive only played the first part of KH1, up to the part where you race to see who gets to name your ship; and i have watched my cousin play much of KH.

it is child-friendly, but its not necessarily targeted for kids only. It's more mature, yet with child influences. ppl might think that its a kids game cuz its rated E10+ and has Disney stuff.

Of course it's child-friendly, it has Disney. :p What's funny is the fanbase isn't made up of kids, I am part of a KH forum where people range from 16 -28. The story is really deep to a point where some might not even understand or grasp some of the concepts. It deals with concepts of death & non-existence. A lot of children aren't going to understand what goes on, and hell I even know people my age who don't understand what's going on. The series has always balanced on lighthearted story with mature undertones. I just hate the generalization that KH = a game for kids.

SkyPuppy
23-08-10, 03:43
Ew, I hate that stupid show. :/

Ew, that stupid show hates you more. :/

o c wat eye did der lolol 'kay, i'm done. ;D

Uzi master
23-08-10, 03:45
well I dont know about the other games of the series, but I don't see much deep in KH, wow light vs. darkness, is the heart full of darkness or light? seriously not that "deep".

at least in tomb raider you're not the completley "good" character always beating the "bad" guys

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 03:47
well I dont know about the other games of the series, but I don't see much deep in KH, wow light vs. darkness, is the heart full of darkness or light? seriously not that "deep".
If that's all you got from the story than you clearly did not pay attention. :/

Uzi master
23-08-10, 03:54
maybe I did miss a few things, but I definitley was not gonna say every bit I noticed in the story.

ar first sora wanted to find his friends but really almost everything was about "doing the right thing".

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 03:55
So you wanted him to do the "wrong" thing? Of course he is going to be doing the right thing, he's a good guy.

Uzi master
23-08-10, 04:01
well yeah, sickengly good, you sortof just proved my point, they go helping everyone that need's it, even though they are supposed to be doing something important but there just so "good" they can't leave anything without helping in some way.

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 04:04
I don't know why I am bothering with talking to you about this anymore, you clearly have a very narrow minded view when it comes to KH. So there is no point in trying to change it.

robm_2007
23-08-10, 04:11
I don't know why I am bothering with talking to you about this anymore, you clearly have a very narrow minded view when it comes to KH. So there is no point in trying to change it.

KH bleeds at your failure to convert another disbeliever.

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 04:12

Lmao! It's ok KH sells more than enough and has a very large fanbase, one person isn't a loss. ^_^

Rachie737
23-08-10, 04:19
well yeah, sickengly good, you sortof just proved my point, they go helping everyone that need's it, even though they are supposed to be doing something important but there just so "good" they can't leave anything without helping in some way.

But that's not because it's Disney or anything, it's because that's Sora. ;)

KH is much more than good vs. bad, darkness vs. light. It's about what drives people to do things, what darkness truly is, betrayal and making new friends, stopping at nothing, the true essence of power, what it is to truly exist, and to not. The game may appear lighthearted, but the story is surprisingly complex - I've played the series several times and love it to pieces, but there are still many things I don't understand about it.

The only reason that the game appears child-like is because of Disney prejudices, and as you say, the dialog. But it's not aimed to be that way - the game is just tastefully written, without any cussing or sexual references. Besides, the game has an important message behind it. It wouldn't have the same effect otherwise. ;)

But back to the original point of question, Tomb Raider and Kingdom Hearts both are very dear to me, and impossible to compare. KH is more emotionally heart-wrenching and epic, but TR is more gut-wrenching and terrifying.

It's like comparing.....cookies to pies. An impossible choice.

Uzi master
23-08-10, 04:20

... you do know I'm an Athiest, right?:p

EDIT: okay, look, a game that doesnt have swearing doesnt make it light hearted, but KH certainly is and it's not tastefull just because it doesnt have it. and as I have mentioned I only have the first one and if the plot only get's complex after that then dont blame me, blame the story writer's.

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 04:22
But that's not because it's Disney or anything, it's because that's Sora. ;)

KH is much more than good vs. bad, darkness vs. light. It's about what drives people to do things, what darkness truly is, betrayal and making new friends, stopping at nothing, the true essence of power, what it is to truly exist, and to not. The game may appear lighthearted, but the story is surprisingly complex - I've played the series several times and love it to pieces, but there are still many things I don't understand about it.

The only reason that the game appears child-like is because of Disney prejudices, and as you say, the dialog. But it's not aimed to be that way - the game is just tastefully written, without any cussing or sexual references. Besides, the game has an important message behind it. It wouldn't have the same effect otherwise. ;)

But back to the original point of question, Tomb Raider and Kingdom Hearts both are very dear to me, and impossible to compare. KH is more emotionally heart-wrenching and epic, but TR is more gut-wrenching and terrifying.

It's like comparing.....cookies to pies. An impossible choice.
Well said, and I definitely share the same view when it comes to TR vs KH. :tmb:
EDIT: okay, look, a game that doesnt have swearing doesnt make it light hearted, but KH certainly is and it's not tastefull just because it doesnt have it. and as I have mentioned I only have the first one and if the plot only get's complex after that then dont blame me, blame the story writer's.
It's not the writer's fault you didn't pay attention to the story. :)

Rachie737
23-08-10, 04:31

The story becoming more complex is not a low point to the series, however. It just becomes in a league of its own, and not something you could compare to a child's game.

And you are right, it's not tasteful just because it has no swearing. But it isn't always lighthearted, mind. There are some very intensely emotional scenes in the game that aren't at all lighthearted. But most of these plot-twists and developments occur after KH1, so that may be why you aren't aware of that. :D

Uzi master
23-08-10, 04:47
I didnt say it was bad it got complex, but the fact it could have been at least a bit complex in the first game is the writers fault for making it happen After the first game, and since I dont have the other's I don't know how complex it get's.

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 04:49
The first does have complex parts to the story, you clearly didn't pay attention to them though. It's not the writer's fault as you keep blaming him, it's your's.

Uzi master
23-08-10, 04:53
then please point out these complex point's.

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 05:02
*Some KH1 spoilers*

Gladly, it's not just light vs darkness like you say. Maleficent is after the Princesses of Heart because their hearts are of pure light, and she wants them to open up Kingdom Hearts which they believe is to be a realm of never ending darkness. She is being used by Ansem to open KH for him, Riku later is revealed to be possessed by Ansem the Seeker of Darkness, and Kairi is the last Princess of Heart, and that her missing heart has been trapped within Sora's body since the destruction of Destiny Islands. Sora is not just going to Disney world's to help them but to seal the keyholes which are the entrance for heartless into the worlds. There is a lot more to it, and I could sit here all night and write out the full story but that's just 25% of it, you obviously did not pay attention if you didn't grasp any of that.

Rachie737
23-08-10, 05:02
I didnt say it was bad it got complex, but the fact it could have been at least a bit complex in the first game is the writers fault for making it happen After the first game, and since I dont have the other's I don't know how complex it get's.

There's a lot of blank holes in the plot in KH1, that are further explained in KH2, which opens up even more questions, and the later games produce more answers and questions yet again.

That's not a flaw, that's brilliant story-telling. :D We learn more as the characters learn more. And a great way to keep players on their toes, wanting more (and buying more, heheh).

I loved how in COM at the end Sora chooses to have his memories set back in order, in turn losing his memories of COM.This way, even though you may not have played COM, it didn't matter because Sora had no idea about it either. :D To me that was brilliantly crafted, considering that it was the first KH game not on the PS2, so most of the fans would not have played it. This way the story could continue, but there would still be unanswered questions for you to solve should you wish.

But anyway, "I digress. (Go, find Kairi.)" :D

EDIT: Though it may appear like a normal story, it's more complex, and this is shown later in the series, that not all is as it appears in KH1. There's a far more sinister background to everything you see. ;)

Uzi master
23-08-10, 05:09
*Some KH1 spoilers*

Gladly, it's not just light vs darkness like you say. 1Maleficent is after the princesses of heart because their hearts are of pure light, and she wants them to open up Kingdom Hearts which they believe is to be a realm of never ending darkness. She is being used by Ansem to open KH for him, 2Riku later is revealed to be possessed by Ansem the Seeker of Darkness, and Kairi is the last Princess of Heart, and that her missing heart has been trapped within Sora's body since the destruction of Destiny Islands. 3Sora is not just going to Disney world's to help them but to seal the keyholes which are the entrance for heartless into the worlds. There is a lot more to it, and I could sit here all night and write out the full story, but you obviously did not pay attention if you didn't grasp any of that.

1: so the bad guy's want to open up all the bad stuff huh? and I don't think it's "complex" for a bad guy to use another bad guy

2: okay, that part was slightley interesting, but the guy who used to be good started doing bad things but he was just possessed? well, I think him having his own intentions would be less cleche then in the end him being good again, but I suppose everyone likes the happy ending.

3: umm, so stopping the worlds from possibly being destroyed isn't a purley good thing? and they still have to help everyone they meet along the way.

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 05:13
He's is SUPPOSED to seal the keyholes, it's the job of the keyblade wielder to seal the keyholes and mantain peace with the worlds and make sure they are all back to the way they were before the heartless destroyed the barriers and were hurting the other worlds. It's not just to "do the right thing". It's his responsibility as a keyblade wielder.

The reason Riku was possessed by Ansem was because he already had darkness in his heart, he was jealous of Sora.

Uzi master
23-08-10, 05:16
isn't everyone but those princesses supposed to have darkness in there hearts:p

(darkness and light are pretty much just good and evil, and everyone has some evil...)

strangley I think you got something wrong, but I'll let you figure it out since you like KH so much:ton:

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 05:20
isn't everyone but those princesses supposed to have darkness in there hearts:p

(darkness and light are pretty much just good and evil, and everyone has some evil...)
But Riku's darkness was strong, that's why he was so vulnerable to the darkness.

strangley I think you got something wrong, but I'll let you figure it out since you like KH so much:ton:

And you would be wrong.

Uzi master
23-08-10, 05:23
well wasn't rikku supposed to get the keyblade until he chose to go into the darkness?

Melonie Tomb Raider
23-08-10, 05:35
lol that's like comparing Tetris to God of War. They are completely different games. :vlol:

I love both series. :D

Rachie737
23-08-10, 05:36
well wasn't rikku supposed to get the keyblade until he chose to go into the darkness?

He was, but the Keyblade rejected him - he wanted it for the wrong purpose. It chose Sora because he didn't need it for anything - he has his friends as his power.

And he didn't choose darkness, not at first. He was jealous of Sora and hated himself, and that jealousy and hate ate away at him. The darkness in his heart was further influenced by Maleficent and her cronies, and then Ansem intervening and convincing him to open his heart to him, allowing him to take over Rikku and to use his darkness coupled with his own. Ultimately, it was too much for Rikku to handle, but he pulled through and uses darkness for his own means now. Not because he wanted to, because originally he rejected it, and badly - now he's accepted it.

And oh so much more. Like Carbonek said, it's far too much to explain in one sitting.

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 05:37
He was, but the Keyblade rejected him - he wanted it for the wrong purpose. It chose Sora because he didn't need it for anything - he has his friends as his power.

And he didn't choose darkness, not at first. He was jealous of Sora and hated himself, and that jealousy and hate ate away at him. The darkness in his heart was further influenced by Maleficent and her cronies, and then Ansem intervening and convincing him to open his heart to him, allowing him to take over Rikku and to use his darkness coupled with his own. Ultimately, it was too much for Rikku to handle, but he pulled through and uses darkness for his own means now. Not because he wanted to, because originally he rejected it, and badly - now he's accepted it.

And oh so much more. Like Carbonek said, it's far too much to explain in one sitting.

Exactly. :tmb:

Rachie737
23-08-10, 05:40
Exactly. :tmb:

:D The plot is far more sinister and dark when you read it that way, huh? So many little things that make it far more awesome.

And that's one tiny aspect. I think Rikku really carries the series on a higher scale - Rikku is one of my ultimately favourite characters. Him, Lara, and many select more.

EDIT: Which is why I can't choose between the two series! Argh! :D

Uzi master
23-08-10, 05:59
well, I was pretty sure rikku was supposed to get it first, but then he went into darkness, otherwise he would have had it in the first place if he was meant to have it, sorra got it just after rikku dissapeard it the darkness.

but maybe I forgot, either way if it werent for rikku the plot of KH 1 would have been unbearably simple.

(and don't bring up anything that isn't brought up AND explained in the first game if you reply to this)

Rachie737
23-08-10, 06:13
well, I was pretty sure rikku was supposed to get it first, but then he went into darkness, otherwise he would have had it in the first place if he was meant to have it, sorra got it just after rikku dissapeard it the darkness.

but maybe I forgot, either way if it werent for rikku the plot of KH 1 would have been unbearably simple.

(and don't bring up anything that isn't brought up AND explained in the first game if you reply to this)

It's way too hard to explain things if you don't want answers from the other games, where they are further explained! :ton:

Now I see what part you mean. We're not really sure what happened that time - Rikku seemed to have some weird understanding of the situation - "The door.....has opened." - while Sora and the player are left clueless, just knowing that Destiny Islands was being consumed by darkness. Rikku allowed himself to be taken by the darkness, away to wherever, while Sora fought valiantly against it, and so the Keyblade instead went to him.

Sora was merely the "carrier" of the Keyblade until it reached Rikku. Then the circumstances changed, etc etc.

@Carbonek, do you know exactly what happened during that time? Has that been explained now? I really am not sure, and it shames me to admit that.

EDIT: Wait, did Rikku find a Corridor of Darkness like Sora did later on?

BoyTRaider
23-08-10, 06:44
Well, considering you're in a forum called Tomb Raider Forums, then the odds are stacked that TR will be earning the throne as their favorite game.

I like both games just the same. Action/Adventure is preferably my favorite genre so Tomb Raider games used to earn that high spot with me, but KH really implemented the RPG style with some action/adventure elements, so I enjoy it quite a lot as well.

LNSNHGTDS
23-08-10, 06:48
Well,I'm not gonna say that the games are completely different because other forum members have already said it.But if I had to choose I'd definately choose TR,I hate KH.

*laralover*
23-08-10, 08:06
What a thread! :vlol:

igonge
23-08-10, 09:49
:vlol: I laughed when I saw the thread title. How are they even similar? :p

Uzi master
23-08-10, 09:52
:vlol: I laughed when I saw the thread title. How are they even similar? :p

there not, but I suppose it could make you think: which game is better? it won't just be black and white like comparing games of the same style.

I already made my opinion, and someone "strongly" dissagreed about it:p

tidusffxwakka
23-08-10, 10:39
im gonna go with lara, i love kh but its not near tomb raider in my eyes :)

anywho since were comparing tr and kh which is the fav spin off

lara croft and the guardian of light or kh handheld (com, 358)?? bbs doesnt count as its technically kh0

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 10:43
anywho since were comparing tr and kh which is the fav spin off

lara croft and the guardian of light or kh handheld (com, 358)?? bbs doesnt count as its technically kh0

Technically none of the KH games are spin-offs, since spin-offs tend to stray away from the main series and only have very little in common (i.e. characters & locations). All the KH games are significant to the plot, so none can be labled as spin-offs. :p

tidusffxwakka
23-08-10, 10:48
there not really significant to the plot as 358 was mainly eating ice cream and was explained pretty much in kh 2 and com got mind wiped from sora and gang and was partially re explained so i think they can be counted as both lol

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 10:54
there not really significant to the plot as 358 was mainly eating ice cream and was explained pretty much in kh 2 and com got mind wiped from sora and gang and was partially re explained so i think they can be counted as both lol
Not necessarily, CoM introduced the Orginization and brought in Namine & DiZ and set up plot points for KHII & Days. Days was basically showing us what we already didn't know, and introduced Xion who is important to the plot. There is a lot in both of those games that is significant to the plot. I consider them bridge games if anything. xD

moodydog
23-08-10, 11:06
Which one is better...

Listening to Justin Bieber
Taking a holiday in North Korea

BlackRainbow
23-08-10, 11:11
Wait, what? Why KH? @__@ Is it because of the popularity of both games?

Either way I can't really decide.

igonge
23-08-10, 11:31
Which one is better...

Oh jeez! I'd just kill myself D:

TombOfRaiders
23-08-10, 12:00
Which one is better...

Holiday in North Korea, by a mile.

Bieber.....*pukes*

Shark_Blade
23-08-10, 12:03
Which one is better...

Taking a holiday in North KoreaJustin Bieber....:pi:

Back to topic, if I have to choose I'll pick

1. Core's tr anytime
2. KH or CD's tr (depending on my mood)

Legend of Lara
23-08-10, 12:25
*ahem*

This is Riku.

http://i38.************/300wuq0.jpg

This is Rikku.

http://i38.************/4gozfr.jpg

Know the difference.

Shark_Blade
23-08-10, 12:29
Both are highly annoying imo. :p

TR freak
23-08-10, 13:12
Die Hard vs Mary Poppins. Which is better? Call this a small research project.

Shark_Blade
23-08-10, 13:23
Mary Poppins will pawn John McClane's ass in a minute. :ohn:

Supercallifragilisticexpialidocious!

TR freak
23-08-10, 13:34
I don't like you any more...

Yipee Kai Yay!

ozzman
23-08-10, 13:49
Tomb Raider, i HATE the Cartoony Kingdom hearts, just terrible, wouldn't mind a different style of craphics though, i mostly hate it because my friend played it OVER AND OVER Again

Shark_Blade
23-08-10, 14:18
I don't like you any more...

Yipee Kai Yay!Oh come one man, just play along. :vlol:

*Marry Poppins uses umbrella wind blizzard.*
*Enemy John McClane is stunned*

:p

Yeah I really don't mind seeing tr in a rpg game. Could be cool.

TR freak
23-08-10, 14:29
*Samuel L Jackson appears and plays racist card.*
*Mary Poppins is defeated*

HA! :ton:

robm_2007
23-08-10, 16:56

Well......i didnt ever say that KH had any sort of Religious influence in it; so you saying that you are an atheist boggles my mind with bewilderment.:confused:

Weemanply109
23-08-10, 17:12
Tomb Raider vs Kingdom Hearts?
They're completely different.

Just for those who didn't see this post and I think that this thread is unnecessary.

dizzydoil
23-08-10, 17:18
*ahem*

This is Riku.
This is Rikku.
Know the difference.

both are incredible http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/h/u/hurrplz.png?1

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 17:24
both are incredible http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/h/u/hurrplz.png?1
+1

Uzi master
23-08-10, 22:19
Well......i didnt ever say that KH had any sort of Religious influence in it; so you saying that you are an atheist boggles my mind with bewilderment.:confused:

just a coincedence you ssaid non-beleiver:p

Uzi master
23-08-10, 22:20
*ahem*

This is Riku.

http://i38.************/300wuq0.jpg

This is Rikku.

http://i38.************/4gozfr.jpg

Know the difference.

Rikku is obviously better. Riku just ripped off the name.

Just for those who didn't see this post and I think that this thread is unnecessary.

so since the games are different you can't decide which one is better?

Uzi master
23-08-10, 22:24
woops double post

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 22:24
Tetsuya Nomura named him Riku for a reason, all the character names derived from a Japanese word. Sora = Sky, Kairi = Sea, & Riku = Land. He didn't rip off the name.

Uzi master
23-08-10, 22:26
suuuuure...

:p

ultima espio
23-08-10, 22:38
Cant be a rip off in the first place, since the same man designed them both...

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 22:38

Pretty much. :p

AmericanAssassin
23-08-10, 22:39
Tetris.

:vlol:

Uzi master
23-08-10, 22:40

then he was too lazy too come up with a different name :p

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 22:40
then he was too lazy too come up with a different name :p
Or maybe he named the character Riku for a reason, like I previously stated. :)

Uzi master
23-08-10, 22:41
yeah yeah,

he still used practically the same name before though...

ultima espio
23-08-10, 22:44
So are all the Biggs, Wedge and Jessies. Are they all rip offs of each other?

Megalith
23-08-10, 22:44
I somewhat enjoyed the first Kingdom Hearts but it wasn't enough to make me care to buy the 2nd one.

Tomb Raider on the other hand used to be a big part of my life.:)

But yeah,completely different games.:p

Legend of Lara
23-08-10, 22:58
Tetsuya Nomura named him Riku for a reason, all the character names derived from a Japanese word. Sora = Sky, Kairi = Sea, & Riku = Land. He didn't rip off the name.

Ohhhhhhhhh! That's why the BBS characters' names are what they are! XD

I'm slow lol

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 23:00
Ohhhhhhhhh! That's why the BBS characters' names are what they are! XD

I'm slow lol

Yup. ^_^

ozzman
23-08-10, 23:41
i would play it if i could turn voices off, the voices in the game are annoying as hell, or maybe the Japanese vocals with subtitles :D listening to this game is WORSE than Playing RE1 [PSX]

Carbonek_0051
24-08-10, 03:23
i would play it if i could turn voices off, the voices in the game are annoying as hell, or maybe the Japanese vocals with subtitles :D listening to this game is WORSE than Playing RE1 [PSX]

lolno

Uzi master
24-08-10, 04:25
lolno

lolyes that's pretty mcuh what I meant involving dialouge, it's really lighthearted mainly because it's lame:ton:

not that lighthearted dialouge is always lame though.

Carbonek_0051
24-08-10, 07:06
Yeah that's why the series is so critically acclaimed and sells so well and is liked by many because of it's story. It's such a terrible game with horrible dialogue. :tmb:

Seriously Uzi master, I don't even understand what you have against KH, is it because someone tried comparing to TR? If it was such a horrible game like you keep making it out to be why is so popular and liked by so many? Plus, it's not like TR has the most amazing dialogue in the world.

Rachie737
24-08-10, 09:47

You mean along the likes of Jill Sandwiches? No way. :ton:

And how could you detest the voice of Quinton Flynn, and David Gallagher?

Did you know half the voice cast could have an amazing sing-a-long, because most of them are singers? :D That's something I'd like to see/hear!

Shark_Blade
24-08-10, 10:52
Tetsuya Nomura named him Riku for a reason, all the character names derived from a Japanese word. Sora = Sky, Kairi = Sea, & Riku = Land. He didn't rip off the name.Ah, I love learning new things like this.

ultima espio
24-08-10, 11:05
Ah, I love learning new things like this.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k61/ultima_espio/nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg