PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel TRF has developed lately?

Pages : [1] 2

jackles
23-08-10, 10:49
Poll requested by Apathetic.

The questions are:

It's better than ever.
It's the same.
It's gotten worse.
Other (Please specify)

Sadly no penguin option......;)

michaeldt
23-08-10, 10:50
Its the same

Uzi master
23-08-10, 10:51
in before the poll!

(c'mon, I just had too :p)

Paddy
23-08-10, 10:53
Gotten a lot worse.

Legend 4ever
To be perfectly honest, and I will have been here for 4 years come October, it's the same as it was when I signed up. Maybe even a little bit better.

moodydog
I haven't really noticed a difference to be honest :o

Still the same sort of threads, same rules... nothings changed.

Its like the Xfactor, even with the live auditions... nothings changed over the past 7 or 8 years.

jackles
23-08-10, 10:54
in before the poll!

(c'mon, I just had too :p)

*smacks*

Don't make me make you stand in the corner too.

;)

Changeling
23-08-10, 10:56
I think it's the same as it always was.

[Xmas]
23-08-10, 10:56
*And the epic drama starts here*

"TRF: We know drama."

igonge
23-08-10, 10:57
It's gotten worse.

Just because I don't feel as comfortable here as I used to.

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 10:58
I voted other, since I've joined the forum has been a little bumpy. It gets good, then bad, then good, then bad again. Lately I do feel as if things have been a little more strict, but has it gotten worse? It's not at it's worse but I do think it could be way better. Frankly I hope all these discussion threads that have been popping are helping the staff notice some of the concerns some of the community share and I hope it does help the forum get better.

Apathetic
23-08-10, 10:58
It's gotten worse.

I have to agree. As others have mentioned (which prompted me to request this poll), I feel like it's gotten much more hostile.

[Xmas]
23-08-10, 10:59
I voted for "other".
I wouldn't say TRF has gotten worse, I'll say it got stricter since I joined and that's definitely not a "+" in my eyes.

tonyme
23-08-10, 11:01
I joined in 2007 and the best time I've had here is late 2009/2010. Perfect place!:tmb:

I voted: it's better than ever

Lizard of Oz
23-08-10, 11:01
It's gotten worse, but slowly getting on it's track :)

TombOfRaiders
23-08-10, 11:15
It's gotten worse. It takes ages to load pages, some of them don't load at all no matter how many times I refresh them. I might move onto ps3trophies.com :whi:...

EscondeR
23-08-10, 11:21
Other: Definitely worse in terms of too much lenience towards spammers and pot stirrers.
The same in terms of having it's high days and low ones. Remove the first reason above and it'll be just fine.

SkyPuppy
23-08-10, 11:24
It's gotten worse. It takes ages to load pages, some of them don't load at all no matter how many times I refresh them. I might move onto ps3trophies.com :whi:...

pretty much this.

Johnnay
23-08-10, 11:25
It's gotten worse.

This:)

igonge
23-08-10, 11:25
Other: Definitely worse in terms of too much lenience towards spammers and pot stirrers.

That's definately a huge problem.

Apathetic
23-08-10, 11:28
The same in terms of having it's high days and low ones. Remove the first reason above and it'll be just fine.

Can you give some examples of that?

TombOfRaiders
23-08-10, 11:28
Maybe, it's the avatar restrictions....:pi:

Jus' saying, we should have freedom with our avatars...:whi:

sjam_raider
23-08-10, 11:34
Gotten worse :(
When I first came here, I was surprised at how friendly everyone was, but recently the attitudes of some members seem to be quite hostile and opinionated, which is a real shame. I think there should maybe more of a crackdown by the mods on those posts which are argumentative and unreasonable? I know there is so much already for the mods to do, but I do think it is an issue which if solved would make a lot of difference to the feel of the forum. :)

interstellardave
23-08-10, 11:39
Worse because some mods (not all, mind you) have no tact and are blatently argumentative, and too many members walk around as if they were mods and want to take the law into their own hands.

jaywalker
23-08-10, 11:39
I think the forum as a whole hasnt changed. Theres definitely a lot of issues that keep bubbling up to the surface, but they are not related to the forum per se but a very small minorities attitude to things and not wanting to hear different etc. Debate/disagreement is exactly what a forum is for :)

Tis a shame as these try to bring down the rest of the forum but its easy to see past it and see the forum as it is :)

Apathetic
23-08-10, 11:42
Worse because some mods (not all, mind you) have no tact and are blatently argumentative, and too many members walk around as if they were mods and want to take the law into their own hands.

I've no doubt you are 100% referring to Akretkker. :)

Marianna12
It's gotten worse.

Yep, same here.

Mad Tony
It's gotten a lot worse IMO. 4 years ago when I joined up there were loads of members who seemed pretty mature and who I got on with. Now it just seems the general quality of the forum has been steadily declining for the past 3 years. This has nothing to do with the administrator and the moderators by the way, they've been doing an fair job consistently since I've been here, it's the members. Before anyone jumps to conclusions, not all members.

Reggie
23-08-10, 11:48
Judging from other posts, some kind of change has taken place but I've not been around much lately to properly judge. Still looks the same to me, but that's possibly just a 'surface reading' of the community.

IceColdLaraCroft
23-08-10, 11:51
It's the same. The only real difference is that there is ZERO Tomb Raider b/c a real platform game hasn't been released for years and there isn't really any news of one. GOL is 'ok' but it isn't as immersive as the other games.

I'm surprised that Laras Shadow & Beneath the Ashes still hasn't been released for PS3 or Wii. Missing out really.

I'm correlating why we're all here with what we all do here. Yes most everyone here is very lovely and good to chat with, but that relationship is stronger when we currently play a new TR game or have one to look forward to.

EscondeR
23-08-10, 11:54
Apathetic, instead of pointing fingers you could easily address your concerns in PM to a certain member/mod or if you feel necessity, complain to SM or admin.
You claim maturity degraded, be mature yourself to tone it back.

Can you give some examples of that?
I'm sure they all recognised themselves.

Drone
23-08-10, 11:55
Worse

Apathetic
23-08-10, 11:56
Apathetic, instead of pointing fingers you could easily address your concerns in PM to a certain member/mod or if you feel necessity, complain to SM or admin.
You claim maturity degraded, be mature yourself to tone it back.

I'm sure they all recognised themselves.

I already have. :)

EscondeR
23-08-10, 11:58
^ and it actually was enough tbh.

Apathetic
23-08-10, 12:00
^ and it actually was enough tbh.

I don't quite understand what you mean. :o

Andyroo
23-08-10, 12:06
It's gotten worse.

I've only been here since 09, but this is how I feel too. A couple of months ago I think it was great, but lately it's become pretty hostile. People are at each others throats in any thread that has people giving their opinions in which they don't agree.

Dennis's Mom
23-08-10, 12:10
It's the same. It's a large forum which is always going to have issues with personalities. You can't make everyone like everyone else.

There's too much back seat driving, IMO. I feel like half the forum can't wait to leap on a perceived violation committed by someone else.

EscondeR
23-08-10, 12:10
Worse

Could you elaborate :) I'm interested because I doubt you would complain avatars or sigs, so it must be something really significant.

Another Lara
23-08-10, 12:11
I've voted "Other" as I'm not too sure whether it's got worse or better...

I've been a member for quite a while, but when I first joined I didn't really come on here much, but I've steadily come here more and more and now I'm here everyday.

I don't see any drastic change, I just think there is a change in the type of members joining and posting and so the tone might seem different to those who remember it from before.

scoopy_loopy
23-08-10, 12:11
"Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected."

igonge
23-08-10, 12:14
Y'know, I felt very comfortable up until the time there was that massive uproar about the TRU DLC. Man that was a distaster and a half, and it's still a common topic among TRFers.

Apathetic
23-08-10, 12:15
"Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected."

Nice one.

What? :p

Another Lara
23-08-10, 12:22
Y'know, I felt very comfortable up until the time there was that massive uproar about the TRU DLC. Man that was a distaster and a half, and it's still a common topic among TRFers.

TRFers are good at dramatics, in fact it's almost a must have to be on this forum! ;)

Drone
23-08-10, 12:26
Could you elaborate :) I'm interested because I doubt you would complain avatars or sigs, so it must be something really significant.

I have no probs with avatars/sigs. I miss 2007 I guess. You know many people who posted back in the day don't post or rarely do it today. And on the contrary you easily can get flamed or face trolls nowadays. Everyone got their own reasons to say what got worse/better, y'know.

ajrich17901
23-08-10, 12:36
It's the same, minus some random people being here for obviously the wrong reasons. If anything I think some members should be kicked in the ass a bit more. I like this forum because the mods don't take crap.

Phlip
23-08-10, 12:45
It's the same.

scion05
23-08-10, 12:52
It's gotten awful. I think it's time to close registration for a while, so the members on here that only come on for the entertainment threads and the like will eventually fade out, and this will give the forum time to "recover".

ajrich17901
23-08-10, 12:54
It's gotten awful. I think it's time to close registration for a while, so the members on here that only come on for the entertainment threads and the like will eventually fade out, and will give the forum time to "recover".

Bingo!:tmb:

marla_biggs
23-08-10, 12:56
Same as ever really.

The new gif rule is lame though.

patriots88888
23-08-10, 12:58
It's gotten awful. I think it's time to close registration for a while, so the members on here that only come on for the entertainment threads and the like will eventually fade out, and this will give the forum time to "recover".

What? How does where members might choose to spend their time on the forum make it any worse? Or are you implying something different? :confused:

EscondeR
23-08-10, 13:00

I doubt we'll ever mimic this cowardly method :whi:

Another Lara
23-08-10, 13:02

What? How does where members might choose to spend their time on the forum make it any worse? Or are you implying something different? :confused:

I don't undertsand either... where else are people supposed to spend their time when there's no Tomb Raider related news to post about (admittedly there is at the moment but that's not the point!)

ajrich17901
23-08-10, 13:02
Same as ever really.

Pff they should be done away with completely.

patriots88888
23-08-10, 13:04
For the record, I don't think this forum is terrible or anything which I would consider unbearable. I wouldn't be on here as much as I am if that were the case... and I'm not a glutton for punishment nor abuse. I do however believe that there is substantial room for improvements. Hopefully, in time, we might see these.

EscondeR
23-08-10, 13:04

GIFs are lame themselves... what rule do you expect for them :p

xcrushterx
23-08-10, 13:05
In your opinion maybe. Some people like them, and to those people, the new rules blow.

[Xmas]
23-08-10, 13:59
It's gotten awful. I think it's time to close registration for a while, so the members on here that only come on for the entertainment threads and the like will eventually fade out, and this will give the forum time to "recover".Like which members? :mis:
GIFs are lame themselves... They aren't when they aren't used in a GIF war.

herothing
23-08-10, 14:06
It feels the same to me, although some peope are becoming more and more hostile towards some others. Also occasionally the odd spammer or stirrer doesnt go down well.

RunrigNutter
23-08-10, 14:09
Meant to add it's gotten worse. I hate the new rules.

xXhayleyroxXx
23-08-10, 14:20
It's gotten worse.

This. :o

dizzydoil
23-08-10, 14:23
Nice avatar. :)

It's gotten worse, I miss the 2006 Legend era- the forum was so beautiful, and everyone got along awesomely. You didn't have moderators refusing the talk to members, and each and every member had the chance to speak and be heard- and not ignored. The energy, and excitement between everyone was awesome.

But, everything changes. :)

xXhayleyroxXx
23-08-10, 14:25
Nice avatar. :)

It's gotten worse, I miss the 2006 Legend era- the forum was so beautiful, and everyone got along awesomely. You didn't have moderators refusing the talk to members, and each and every member had the chance to speak and be heard- and not ignored. The energy, and excitement between everyone was awesome.

But, everything changes. :)

:vlol:

Y'know that reminds me, I was looking through the fanart for underworld, around the time everyone was so hyped up for it; and its a shame we don't see that community spirit anymore. I really miss it. And sometimes I'm a bit apprehensive to stand up for what I believe in because I get shot down for it most of the time :/

[Xmas]
23-08-10, 14:27

Y'know that reminds me, I was looking through the fanart for underworld, around the time everyone was so hyped up for it; and its a shame we don't see that community spirit anymore.The same applies to the Underpus thread. That was something! :vlol:
Every similar thread like this is closed immediately these days because it's supposedly "spam" :( IMO.

xXhayleyroxXx
23-08-10, 14:30
;4843982']The same applies to the Underpus thread. That was something! :vlol:
Every similar thread like this is closed immediately these days because it's supposedly "spam" = entertainment :(

Lol I know :p And somehow the chompy one doesn't feel the same.
And yep :/ The mods need to loosen up a little, I mean they do an excellent job but they are sometimes a little bit harsh.
Although since this thread is about this sort of thing, you and another member should not have dissed me liking Adam Lambert :pi:

[Xmas]
23-08-10, 14:32
Although since this thread is about this sort of thing, you and another member should not have dissed me liking Adam Lambert :pi:I didn't mean it seriously :vlol:
You can like whatever or whoever you want! :)

xXhayleyroxXx
23-08-10, 14:33
;4843996']I didn't mean it seriously :vlol:
You can like whatever or whoever you want! :)

Then I suppose I'll let you off :pi: :hug:

scion05
23-08-10, 14:35
Bingo!:tmb:

Thanks!

Because, naming no names, you get people who join just to go in the entertainment section and post in specific threads, which defeats the point.

I doubt we'll ever mimic this cowardly method :whi:

I think it'd work. We'd get less filler and more members who actually want a TR forum, not a general celebrity board, that's why god invented digitalspy. :)

NemesisxAngelus
23-08-10, 14:37
Worse.

More (strict) rules. Miss many people on here, either them due being banned or just have left this forum. Plus the subjects rarely appeal enough to me to post or discuss.

Biddy
23-08-10, 14:37
It's gotten mellow. I miss the Underpus era. :D

Mad Tony
23-08-10, 14:42
The new gif rule is lame though.Had the gif rule not come into force I think the forum would've decayed at an even faster rate (although the gif fad would've died out eventually I assume).

kristi
23-08-10, 14:42
It's worse...Not the energy it had in Doppelhoe and Underpus era(I second Biddy :p).

patriots88888
23-08-10, 14:43
Because, naming no names, you get people who join just to go in the entertainment section and post in specific threads, which defeats the point.

And what would that point be? I'm sorry, I'm not trying to sound combative, I just don't understand your reasoning. Why should it matter where members spend their time on the forum? And more specifically, how does that make the forum any worse? Please explain if you will.

scion05
23-08-10, 14:45
It's a Tomb Raider forum, general chat should come secondary. Nowadays most people spend their time in GC alone, and it just irritates me. You'd understand if you were here in 2005/6 when everybody knew everybody and the forum was like a big family. Nowadays it's just not the same.

[Xmas]
23-08-10, 14:48
It's a Tomb Raider forum, general chat should come secondary. Nowadays most people spend their time in GC alone, and it just irritates me. You'd understand if you were here in 2005/6 when everybody knew everybody and the forum was like a big family. Nowadays it's just not the same.I wouldn't mind if more members will spend their time in the Tomb Raider sections.
When I look who's online in the General Chat (usually 50 members) and then I look who's in the TR sections (16 members in total) it's suspicious :pi:
However you can't compare fanbase from 2005/6 because members go and come in all the time.

scion05
23-08-10, 14:50
Exactly. Atm I'm trying to spend more time in the classic sections, helps keep the place alive. I wouldn't be surprised if Justin just couldn't be bothered anymore really, the TR here is second place lol.

RunrigNutter
23-08-10, 14:50
It's a Tomb Raider forum, general chat should come secondary. Nowadays most people spend their time in GC alone, and it just irritates me. You'd understand if you were here in 2005/6 when everybody knew everybody and the forum was like a big family. Nowadays it's just not the same.

But it's like a forum I go on, Runrig forum. People join, so they can find news, etc etc about the band; the same thing with Tomb Raider. People shouldnt be forced to post in Tomb Raider section because lets face it, there is no news at moment. Just because they are on GC, doesn't mean they arnt fans. I dont always post on the Runrig forum or Tomb Raider, but does that mean if I dont post, does that mean Im not a real fan?

patriots88888
23-08-10, 14:52

But I just don't see why that would have any adverse effects on the forum in that regard. Perhaps it's more to do with the members themselves (and their personalities) than anything to do with where they like to spend their time while on the forum. Not everyone likes to socialize, some are more private and keep to themselves. Regardless, your point is still taken. Thanks for the explanation. :)

scion05
23-08-10, 14:55
But it's like a forum I go on, Runrig forum. People join, so they can find news, etc etc about the band; the same thing with Tomb Raider. People shouldnt be forced to post in Tomb Raider section because lets face it, there is no news at moment. Just because they are on GC, doesn't mean they arnt fans. I dont always post on the Runrig forum or Tomb Raider, but does that mean if I dont post, does that mean Im not a real fan?

That's not what I'm saying, on the other forums I go on, ( kylie forum, madonna forum, reptile forum ), the main discussions are the topic and then people post a little in the general chat area. Sometimes it feels like this place is more of a tabloid website than a tomb raider forum.

But I just don't see why that would have any adverse effects on the forum in that regard.

Because the core foundation of the forum, which is Tomb Raider, is dying. I know a few people in person who used to be very active on here, who have practically given up on this place because it's become more of a celebrity forum, or random thread forum.

I suppose it won't change though.

tlr online
23-08-10, 14:56
Since we relaxed Moderation, I've noticed a steady increase in the number of forum trolls instigating and fueling drama on the forum. This of course has influenced the dynamic of certain areas and might be something we address in the future. I had hoped the community would become more self-moderated and appreciate that finding the right balance is extremely difficult.

The vote is interesting. Some surprises. I notice some of our biggest vocal critics are still here participating on a daily basis.

Anyhoo. I'm always approachable with any concerns. You can reach me via the Contact Us (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/sendmessage.php) link and I look forward to reading more of your constructive criticisms.

RunrigNutter
23-08-10, 14:58
But it needs to fun, Im a big fan but wouldn't want to talk about TR all the time. Because we all like different things, if there's a thread in Tomb Raider and I feel like answering, I will.

Draco
23-08-10, 14:59
Its been downhill since Eleni left.

michaeldt
23-08-10, 15:00
^I miss ELEN :(

scion05
The vote is interesting. Some surprises but on the whole predictable. I notice some of our biggest critics are still here tho participating tho. :)

If at all you mean me, it's because I still have hope that this place will improve. I haven't given up on the forum entirely, I just think a lot could be done to improve it.

You know what I'd really like ? A General Tomb Raider Chat section above general chat. The reason being, it's hard to choose a set Tomb Raider sub-forum to post your threads when it applies to a lot of games. So " Your Favourite Tomb Raider Level/Enemy/Graphics/Boss " etc style threads could do so much better in a designated section.

Threads like those get lost in regular general chat because the threads drown them and they sink.

Just my thoughts :)

Biddy

Lol I'm guilty of this, when I'd first login in it was a no-nonsense click to the TRU section, and this would be when the Godness threads, Underpus madness and demo opinions were thriving. It's the lack of news and uninspired threads that detach people from visiting the TR section sometimes. But I like to snoop around. :pi:

sjam_raider
23-08-10, 15:01
Because the core foundation of the forum, which is Tomb Raider, is dying. I know a few people in person who used to be very active on here, who have practically given up on this place because it's become more of a celebrity forum, or random thread forum.

I suppose it won't change though.

I think it always dies down for a while and general chat is more important inbetween games releases. When we were anticipating Underworld, I spent all my time in the Underworld section - now there is no TR news, I spend time in other places of the forum. Also, many fans have come in later on in the TR series, and wouldn't necessarily be able to participate in the older TR forums (for example, I only started playing Tomb Raider when Legend came out, so I can't really contribute to the sub-forums about the games from before that point in the series) :)

xXhayleyroxXx
23-08-10, 15:01
If at all you mean me, it's because I still have hope that this place will improve. I haven't given up on the forum entirely, I just think a lot could be done to improve it.

You know what I'd really like ? A General Tomb Raider Chat section above general chat. The reason being, it's hard to choose a set Tomb Raider sub-forum to post your threads when it applies to a lot of games. So " Your Favourite Tomb Raider Level/Enemy/Graphics/Boss" etc threads could do so much better in a designated section.

Threads like those get lost in regular general chat because the threads drown them and they sink.

Actually that's a good idea :tmb:

tlr online
23-08-10, 15:02
Its been downhill since Eleni left.

I miss Elen too.

Expand please.

scion05
23-08-10, 15:03
Thankyou :D

I think the biggest " Boom " we ever had was the TRL build-up, or the revealing of Core's TRAE :)

I miss Elen too.

Expand please.

Elen was a warm person. She gave a lot of love to the forum, and a lot of love to individuals, I think sometimes it seems the mods/admins here can be a little cold, but because everyone liked Elen I think there was a lot more respect for the rules. That being said we still have some terrific mods here :tmb:

And yes, I know you weren't asking me, I'm just in a chatty mood :vlol:

[Xmas]
23-08-10, 15:03
Lol I'm guilty of this, when I'd first login in it was a no-nonsense click to the TRU section, and this would be when the Godness threads, Underpus madness and demo opinions were thriving. It's the lack of news and uninspired threads that detach people from visiting the TR section sometimes. But I like to snoop around. :pi:Seriously, CD must release some info about TR9 finally! :hea:
I miss Elen too.

Expand please.I think it's all expanded in this entire thread :p

tlr online
23-08-10, 15:04

You know what I'd really like ? A General Tomb Raider Chat section above general chat. The reason being, it's hard to choose a set Tomb Raider sub-forum to post your threads when it applies to a lot of games. So " Your Favourite Tomb Raider Level/Enemy/Graphics/Boss " etc style threads could do so much better in a designated section.

I wasn't referring to you specifically. In fact, your vote I found interesting because you are in a position to reflect, having been here a while. I'm very interested in your comments.

patriots88888
23-08-10, 15:05
Lol I'm guilty of this, when I'd first login in it was a no-nonsense click to the TRU section, and this would be when the Godness threads, Underpus madness and demo opinions were thriving. It's the lack of news and uninspired threads that detach people from visiting the TR section sometimes. But I like to snoop around. :pi:

With all due respect to this forum, it also can be a downright mess in there sometimes with all the childish bikering that goes on... which is the main reason why I stay away from them anymore, apart from The Last Revelation section which I still occassionally visit from time to time.

Biddy
23-08-10, 15:06
^ Indeed :(

Draco
23-08-10, 15:07
I miss Elen too.

Expand please.

Well, it isn't a linear trend really, its gotten better than it was a year or so ago, but overall it isn't what it used to be. Maybe its just me.

scion05
23-08-10, 15:08
I wasn't referring to you specifically. In fact, your vote I found interesting because you are in a position to reflect, having been here a while. I'm very interested in your comments.

Yeah. I think I grew up a lot through this forum, and some of the people from here who are close like family to me have made me the person I am today. I mean ask Jenni or someone like that who I see in person on a regular basis, I'm not the immature person I used to be who got banned every ten seconds :p

I suppose I've seen a lot of change on the forum :) Sometimes I see newer members who have the same thoughtless way of posting insensitive comments and I think to myself, my god, they're exactly how I was four or five years ago.

Apathetic
23-08-10, 15:10
Yeah. I think I grew up a lot through this forum, and some of the people from here who are close like family to me have made me the person I am today. I mean ask Jenni or someone like that who I see in person on a regular basis, I'm not the immature person I used to be who got banned every ten seconds :p

I suppose I've seen a lot of change on the forum :)

I feel the same exact way. TRF has taught me so many things, and really has made me the person I am today, and I am so grateful for that. Lol, we sound like we're on a talkshow. But seriously, if it weren't for communicating with the community on TRF I'm absolutely sure I wouldn't be as intellectual as I am today.

tlr online
23-08-10, 15:10

I suppose I've seen a lot of change on the forum :)

I've been here since day dot. June 6th 2000. I think I've seen it all. What I do recognise is that there seems to be cycles. Highs and lows. The community as a whole always manages to bring the forum back onto an even keel and I'm confident this will continue.

scion05
23-08-10, 15:11
Here's hoping. My god, you've been on here for ten years, and sometimes it seems like I'm one of the "golden" members... :vlol:

sandygrimm
23-08-10, 15:12
With all due respect to this forum, it also can be a downright mess in there sometimes with all the childish bikering that goes on... which is the main reason why I stay away from them anymore, apart from The Last Revelation section which I still occassionally visit from time to time.

Ture, sometimes it can be so serious that you can't even say a word without thinking for hours weather you shoud say what you want or not. Because if you misplace one word the whole comunity jumps you like a starving pitbull.

No wonder it got strict. Guess it need a bit shorter leashe till it's cools off.

I got nothing against the forum all is the same to me, and it's waky useless threads:p, but I dunno, seems more of a popularity contest all the way sometimes.

[Xmas]
23-08-10, 15:12
The community as a whole always manages to bring the forum back onto an even keel and I'm confident this will continue.I agree but there needs to be more understanding for Underpus type of threads :(

Sharon_14
23-08-10, 15:16
it has gotten worse. :wve:

CerebralAssassin
23-08-10, 15:18
it's gotten worse.

tlr online
23-08-10, 15:19
it has gotten worse. :wve:

it's gotten worse.

Could you both expand on that?

Laras Backpack
23-08-10, 15:21
Other I miss a lot of the older members, especially since they'd bring a lot of maturity and experience to some of the more 'serious' debating threads. Now too often these threads become a Core vs CD grudge match or a place where people deliberately misunderstand each other. :pi: I think this place has changed as all things do but I don't feel it's for the better or the worse. It's just different.

scion05
23-08-10, 15:23
You know what would generate some interest in the classic forums, infact, up to TRU... unseen media as altenative goodness, posted in General Chat :)

tlr online
23-08-10, 15:26
You know what would generate some interest in the classic forums, infact, up to TRU... unseen media as altenative goodness, posted in General Chat :)

You've pretty much seen it all tho. Sites like Tomb Raider Chronicles and Planet Lara who have been around since day dot have already published (and republished) legacy assets.

Draco
23-08-10, 15:27
Run tournaments.

t-raider26
23-08-10, 15:27
It's changed SOOO much since I first signed up. The atmosphere is so different then it used to be. And I mean that in the most negative way possible...

digitizedboy
23-08-10, 15:28
I think it's terrible. lol jk

tlr online
23-08-10, 15:28
Run tournaments.

I like the sound of this.

Paddy
23-08-10, 15:29
To expand on my original post, I think the fact there has been more trolling, more arguments and just general bad attitudes at times. I only hope thats just one of those things that passes tbh, but it has made it harder for me to enjoy posting here.

Draco
23-08-10, 15:30
I like the sound of this.

That is the traditional way to keep peasants in order after all :p

Saphyre
23-08-10, 15:31
I'm surprised theres so many people who aren't comfortable with the forums and say its got worse. Its not mandatory you hang out here so if its very bad and its making you REALLY uncomfortable, why don't you search for a more comfortable place to chill?

Marianna12
23-08-10, 15:32
It's not the mods or the rules that have made the forum worse, it's the members imo. :) I remember 2008-early 2009 were great years and the atmosphere was really friendly. Now I don't feel comfortable enough to start posting as much as I used to for some reason :/

Paddy
23-08-10, 15:33
I'm surprised theres so many people who aren't comfortable with the forums and say its got worse. Its not mandatory you hang out here. If its making you uncomfortable, why don't you search for a more comfortable place to chill?
People are entitled to give their opinion without being told they should leave :p depends on how they actually give their opinion though. That and I have friends here who dont generally use other forums.

t-raider26
23-08-10, 15:34
I'm surprised theres so many people who aren't comfortable with the forums and say its got worse. Its not mandatory you hang out here. If its making you uncomfortable, why don't you search for a more comfortable place to chill?

Because, this is still love the forum I've. Even if it has gotten different. And as much as it's changed I'm not gonna just leave...

God Horus
23-08-10, 15:34
It's gotten worse.. I will always love TRF but I feel like it has just gotten worse!

Okay, the actual forum. It has looked the same for ever. I think just changing the LOOK of the forum would inject a whole new life into it. And there is so much bickering latley, the LE forum (where I am usually) is not that bad but when I look at other areas there is a lot of bickering and usually over really small things.

There are a lot of cool new things that we get, like the groups and the visitor messages and photo albums, but they all feel like fads, people love them and go crazy about them and after that it's just like these new features blend in with the furniture, you can't even tell that they're there any more (except the visitor messages)

I don't know what to say really... :o ... but I hope you understand what I mean!

Apathetic
23-08-10, 15:35

Because as you are probably well aware this forum means a lot to many members and a lot of us really do genuinly care about the future of it. It's not wrong to show concerns and share opinions about it. It's hardly applicable to tell us to leave if we don't like it.

Lara's Nemesis
23-08-10, 15:36
For me it is basically the same.

The entertainment sub forum has been a success tho.

Archetype
23-08-10, 15:38
Seem's too much like a cool kids club these days tbh...

Apathetic
23-08-10, 15:39
It's gotten worse.. I will always love TRF but I feel like it has just gotten worse!

Okay, the actual forum. It has looked the same for ever. I think just changing the LOOK of the forum would inject a whole new life into it. And there is so much bickering latley, the LE forum (where I am usually) is not that bad but when I look at other areas there is a lot of bickering and usually over really small things.

There are a lot of cool new things that we get, like the groups and the visitor messages and photo albums, but they all feel like fads, people love them and go crazy about them and after that it's just like these new features blend in with the furniture, you can't even tell that they're there any more (except the visitor messages)

I don't know what to say really... :o ... but I hope you understand what I mean!

I totally agree with this. The forum needs an overhaul, even some new features would do. It just feels really generic.

Seem's too much like a cool kids club these days tbh...

Could you elaborate on that? :confused:

Draco
23-08-10, 15:41
All these posts and nobody mentioned spelling hasn't improved?

TombOfRaiders
23-08-10, 15:46
All these posts and nobody mentioned spelling hasn't improved?

Encore
23-08-10, 15:51
Hmm...

Am I the only one seeing this thread dangerously connected to the premium memberships thread? I may be paranoid but could it be Justin is evaluating whether or not it's still worth it to keep the forum up?

Well, the results so far are disheartening. But perhaps people expressing their frustration doesn't mean they don't care about what happens from now on.

I for one do care, because the forum, with all its ups and downs, has been a constant "refuge" for me over the last years and that's gotta mean something. Besides, I honestly think it hasn't really changed. There has always been drama, trolls, bad moderating decisions and periods of unfriendly atmosphere. But then it all passes for a while again. That's how life is, you can't have sunny weather all the time.

The biggest complaints I've had about it have always been regarding particular members, and not the forum itself - and this of course can't be changed. I don't think much can be done to improve things such as forum sections and whatnot.

Which brings me to my only suggestion at the time regarding possible improvements (and which I have said a couple of times before, with no consequence): I honestly believe that a couple of mods are damaging the forum's atmosphere, specially since the last few months.

Moderation is a fundamental - perhaps the most important - aspect of how a forum functions, and it has consistently been the secret to TRF's superiority comparing to other communities. But these people I think of have no emotional integrity to be placed in such a position. They are too self centered and constantly behave immaturely and with arrogance, and the result is that their behaviour is reflected upon the people they criticize, leading the members to behave angrily as well, as merely a form of personal expression. This is bad. And if I had to vote for one single measure right now, I'd vote for this people to be removed from their functions. Maybe it wouldn't do much, but it would probably help.

/2 cents

Megalith
23-08-10, 15:53
Definitely worse.

tlr online
23-08-10, 15:54
Definitely worse.

Because?

Perhaps people would like to expand on their comments rather than just posting their voting resuts.

scion05
It's pretty disheartening in here isn't it :(

Saphyre
Because as you are probably well aware this forum means a lot to many members and a lot of us really do genuinly care about the future of it. It's not wrong to show concerns and share opinions about it. It's hardly applicable to tell us to leave if we don't like it.

I suppose you're right. I've only been a member since 2008 and even then I'm not that active. This is one of many forums I go to, so its not like a main forum to me which is probably why I'd find it easier to find somewhere else to hang. Thought I've met some great people here, more than I have anywhere else.

tranniversary119
23-08-10, 15:58
I think it's gotten worse since I joined. Why? It seems there's more arguments, and disagreements as of late. I know it's a forum and there's supposed to be, but unnecessary arguments I'm talking about. Also, it seems like the entertainment forums are more popular than the actual Tomb Raider forums themselves. I mean, that's not really a problem. It's just weird considering isn't this place mainly for Tomb Raider?

dizzydoil
23-08-10, 15:58
Because?

Perhaps people would like to expand on their comments rather than just posting their voting resuts.

Perhaps adding a 'PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY' would do this justice, since right now, there is no option to explain our decisions- only 'PLEASE SPECIFY' for 'OTHER'.

sjam_raider
23-08-10, 15:59
It's so negative in here! :(
I think what is lacking is the sense of community. There is so much bickering, and hostility (for example, saying if we don't like the forum we should leave :p)
The fun that was around with Underworld and etc was mostly made up of how the whole community felt really close and supportive. I remember having so many laughs with stuff like the underpuss thread, and I really miss the sense of a large, fun community.

:}hello friend
23-08-10, 15:59
I honestly think the forum has progressed since I joined. Progressing for the better, mehh.

What I do like, is now the mods are actually taking our ideas into effect. Back in 2009, when someone mentioned to be able to upload our own avatars, or increase signature size, it was met with a locked thread, most likely because members took it upon themselves to spam the thread for no apparent reason. But now, members and the moderators are now cooperating better with each other, and I honestly think that's a good start to getting this place back on track.

Draco
23-08-10, 16:02
Perhaps adding a 'PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY' would do this justice, since right now, there is no option to explain our decisions- only 'PLEASE SPECIFY' for 'OTHER'.

Well, voting and then posting what you voted is spam without adding more to it.

Phlip
23-08-10, 16:04
I don't think we CAN get a sense of community on this forum because there's such a variety of different people.

You've got those who are so far up their own arses, you've got n00bs, and then there's always gonna be the Core vs Crystal split. Crystal and Core fans are very different.

just croft
23-08-10, 16:05
Other

When I first joined the forum had a completely different look. I believe it was because there was a different server. Over the year there have been a number of good changes, more specificly the ones related with new features such as profile pictures, social groups, new sub-forums.

I also like the way avatars a run arround here, instead of the anyone can upload his own avatar as I think that it could turn very problematic in such a big forum where every year there are a hundred of members that leave and a hundred of new member.

I see, however, the forum becoming a little stale lately. The Gen Chat always has the same boring topics, the fanart forum is a complete desert (in comparison to about 3-4 years ago) and without much news on TR9 it's only obvious that the upper sections of the forum have less new threads.

I also see that theres a lot less of community spirit arround TR (mostly because of how fast members come and go). For example things like "Tomb Raider Challlenge" stopped appearing and the only thing simmilar that I see showing up is the "Tomb Raider Forums gamming nights" which has got nothing of TR in it unfortunantly. Another example is that group fanart/fanfic don't show up as often as before.

This forum is getting less and less Tomb Raid-ish each day that passes.

Killercowz
23-08-10, 16:09
Everything is the same. Even tho I've only been here for 4 months. But I don't like this GIF law.

Gifs are epic. :whi:

Love2Raid
23-08-10, 16:11
Feels the same to me...

When you find a new place, it always seems really cool and great and exciting, but that wears off after some time, it always does. So taking this into consideration, and the fact we havenīt had a pillar release in roughly two years, itīs the same as always (to me).
I think it's gotten worse since I joined. Why? It seems there's more arguments, and disagreements as of late. I know it's a forum and there's supposed to be, but unnecessary arguments I'm talking about. Also, it seems like the entertainment forums are more popular than the actual Tomb Raider forums themselves. I mean, that's not really a problem. It's just weird considering isn't this place mainly for Tomb Raider?
Yeah, there isnīt much activity in the classic forums in particular. I guess people need a reason to get posting there again. We have the īchallengeī in the Last Revelation forum, but itīs not enough. Besides, it only seems to be for people who are really good at the classics, people who arenīt or have never played them, wonīt enter so fast. Maybe we could start playing them together or something, starting with TR-1. I have been thinking about that a lot, but I canīt get TR-1 to work on my laptop. :hea::hea:

tlr online
23-08-10, 16:11
But I don't like this GIF law.

Gifs are epic. :whi:

http://i34.************/2ngh5hj.gif

voltz
23-08-10, 16:12
I selected other, specifically because the forum is still hooked on current media, cheesy pop stars and gay topics. It's still difficult to get discussion going on anything aside from that.

dizzydoil
23-08-10, 16:13
:vlol: Justin.

Megalith
23-08-10, 16:22
Because?

1)Since i joined this forum i've seen many quality members leave because of the rudeness of other (mostly but not only) new members.People became afraid to speak their minds for fear of getting flamed and others simply lost their patience.
What's worst is that these people are being replaced with even more rude and trollish members.
This had the effect of a significant drop in the quality of the discussions and thread subjects.

2)Another thing is that in my opinion (and others i know) this forum has started loosing its independency from Eidos and it started being used heavily for promotion of their products.I'm even sure that some Eidos PR people are using multiple accounts masquerading as "fans" to use buzz on their products in a more "innocent" way.

the ancient
23-08-10, 16:23
I voted the same but because I have been around here for only a year and some months
I realy like this forum (it is the only forum I am a member of) and the people here are all fine, ofcours there are some people who you like more then otherones (I don't hate or dislike anybody here :o). But the last months there isn't realy lots of "Tomb raider" here.
Is it because there isn't any TR9 news or the fact that most of you people don't like the new games?

And there is nothing wrong with rules here I think :)

@ Megalith you are right..

Phlip
23-08-10, 16:25
People became afraid to speak their minds for fear of getting flamed

This, tbh. =/

Encore
23-08-10, 16:30
People became afraid to speak their minds for fear of getting flamed

I can relate to that. But that's certainly not a recent thing. As soon as I started posting I realized how easily people will judge you and flame you on account of something a little more complex that you state in your opinions.

Is it because there isn't any TR9 news or the fact that most of you people don't like the news games?

Speaking only for myself, it's definitely lack of interest on the new games. :(

Apathetic
23-08-10, 16:32
This, tbh. =/

I agree.

Drone
23-08-10, 16:35
It's sad that many threads became ruined. It mostly happens when one idiot/attention seeker posts something (which in 99% got nothing to do with the op, maybe they don't even read the op) and all the further discussions revolve around that crap. For some reason this happens more and more

Kiss-Bite
23-08-10, 16:37
I personally think It has gone down the hill that other forums seem to just slide down from the very start.. This place was immune from the pointless generic behaviour, as seen in other online places. It used to have a creative, friendly openness atmosphere... members could agree & also agree to disagree, be it with "fun" banter. It was was the first place I wanted to share my creative projects & I loved seeing other members great creations & taking part in competitions & so forth. The community would also gather for the release of TR media & so forth, it was both exciting & fun.

TRF, was independent from Eidos yet still being the most popular TR place of discussion. It doesn't feel so independent anymore, like I said in another thread... more unofficially official now. It always was the official TR forum in terms of popularity... but had an independent community spirit... rather than being a branch off the tree (Eidos Forums).

A few members remain from my beginnings here... but many have sailed away.. not dropping by at all, or often. Great fabric makes a great garment... there seems to be a lot of disagreements without the agreeing to disagree part, a divide (PS3 Vs 360), which isn't helping a united feeling. After all, we're here because we love Tomb Raider, whether classic, contemporary or both... or are we? Hehe... this forum doesn't always gives one that impression. :D

This is a place of discussion... it's ok to debate, tease in respectful fun, agree & disagree not scream, shout, insult & backstabb. It feels like the mods are guardians in a kindergarten playground sometimes... maybe they are. :p I also know that TRF goes up & down, so it will hopefully go up again in the opinion of some members. :)

the ancient
23-08-10, 16:43
This is a place of discussion... it's ok to debate, tease in respectful fun, agree & disagree not scream, shout, insult & backstabb. It feels like the mods are guardians in a kindergarten playground sometimes... maybe they are. :p I also know that TRF goes up & down, so it will hopefully go up again in the opinion of some members. :)

you are right
one of the many bad things about the internet: you can talk crap about everyone without seeing what you have done :(

many threads like: braid vs. ponyrail were fun in the begining
but then the CD vs CORE thing went a bit out of controll

Paddy
23-08-10, 16:44
Goes further downhill when one comment leads to a lot of people attacking that individual.

larson n natla
23-08-10, 16:51
It's better than ever tech wise!

Everyone who said it's gotten worse must be referring to the hostility because it is more hostile now.

ajrich17901
23-08-10, 16:51
My opinion has really changed, its gotten worse and its like a sinking ship. No one should have to feel scared they'll be attacked for what they believe in or like, this place is like High school anymore.

Larson_1988
23-08-10, 16:52
It's gotten worse since christmas, much worse! :(

Apathetic
23-08-10, 16:52
Goes further downhill when one comment leads to a lot of people attacking that individual.

It would help if those 'certain individuals' wouldn't instigate it in the first place.

EscondeR
23-08-10, 16:55
...its gotten worse and its like a sinking ship.

Now I know why those running off have thin grey tails... :eek: And I thought my eyes were playing a trick with me :p

IceColdLaraCroft
23-08-10, 16:55
Edit

Legend of Lara
23-08-10, 16:56
It's gotten worse. It isn't bad, don't get me wrong, but most changes here (that is, within the community) haven't exactly been for the better.

Drone
23-08-10, 16:56
No one should have to feel scared they'll be attacked for what they believe

That's right. Many people lost interest in posting because of that. Criticism or saying that some thing sucks instantly breeds flaming. What the hell? Other day one troll just didn't like that I find their list boring and crappy. They all want us like the same crap? Come on that's stupid.

ajrich17901
23-08-10, 16:57
Now I know why those running off have thin grey tails... :eek: And I thought my eyes were playing a trick with me :p

Lmao Oh hush you :p:vlol:
That's right. Many people lost interest in posting because of that. Criticism or saying that some thing sucks instantly breeds flaming. What the hell? Other day one troll just didn't like that I find their list boring and crappy. They all want us like the same crap? Come on that's stupid.
Exactly, I remember being attacked on here for liking a singer under the name BoA a while back. Its one thing for people to just joke with others and have fun, but when others join in and try to make the person feel like dirt thats just sickening. I feel like buying the mods some stun guns.

b0bb13
23-08-10, 17:00
So much worse. D:
I remember how peaceful and happy this place was back in 2006/7, even with the whole was between CD & Core.

It's still awesome though, just that there's a lot of drama... and only 10% of it is good drama. xD

Encore
23-08-10, 17:01

You gotta be kidding me. I told you over and over again what I don't like about you: that you constantly express your opinions in a rude manner towards the other posts in the thread. And you certainly overrate yourself too because I couldn't care less what you like or dislike. :rolleyes:

EscondeR
23-08-10, 17:03
Folks, don't start here at least... Otherwise I'll bring an extinguisher :mis:

Paddy
23-08-10, 17:04
Yeah hopefully **** calms the **** down :p

Drone
23-08-10, 17:07
You gotta be kidding me. I told you over and over again what I don't like about you: that you constantly express your opinions in a rude manner towards the other posts in the thread. And you certainly overrate yourself too because I couldn't care less what you like or dislike. :rolleyes:

Why rude? I didn't kick you in the face, did I? :confused: I just speak my truth. And I don't overrate myself at all. Before judge look at yrself. You can roll your eyes, who cares. You say it like you're the nicest person ever. You always pop up in the threads and tell people how and what they should post.

Your_Envy*
23-08-10, 17:08
Other.

Right now I would voted for It's gotten worse. People arguing, everybody is so sensitive, some mods went crazy (:whi:), the whole atmosphere is just.. Not good. Not friendly at all. I am mostly coming to answer my PM's and VM's.

But maybe in a month or even in a week I will say It's the same or even It's better then ever. It depends, it's not the first time that I feel this way. I just don't post that much or read until the whole atmosphere is good for me. :D I always do that and like I said, it's not the first time. It has it's ups and downs like every other forum.

Megalith
23-08-10, 17:12
I personally think It has gone down the hill that other forums seem to just slide down from the very start.. This place was immune from the pointless generic behaviour, as seen in other online places. It used to have a creative, friendly openness atmosphere... members could agree & also agree to disagree, be it with "fun" banter. It was was the first place I wanted to share my creative projects & I loved seeing other members great creations & taking part in competitions & so forth. The community would also gather for the release of TR media & so forth, it was both exciting & fun.

TRF, was independent from Eidos yet still being the most popular TR place of discussion. It doesn't feel so independent anymore, like I said in another thread... more unofficially official now. It always was the official TR forum in terms of popularity... but had an independent community spirit... rather than being a branch off the tree (Eidos Forums).

A few members remain from my beginnings here... but many have sailed away.. not dropping by at all, or often. Great fabric makes a great garment... there seems to be a lot of disagreements without the agreeing to disagree part, a divide (PS3 Vs 360), which isn't helping a united feeling. After all, we're here because we love Tomb Raider, whether classic, contemporary or both... or are we? Hehe... this forum doesn't always gives one that impression. :D

Well said man,well said...:)

IceColdLaraCroft
23-08-10, 17:13
here is how SOME people react

YersIyzsOpc

Encore
23-08-10, 17:13
Why rude? I didn't kick you in the face, did I? :confused: I just speak my truth.

And you honestly think that saying "your taste sucks" isn't gonna warrant a reaction from someone? What annoys the most is how you whine about people reacting. If you are so candid about expressing your opinions, at least have the balls to back them up intelligently, instead of spewing out a :wve: smiley and saying everybody else in the thread sucks.

And I don't overrate myself at all. Before judge look at yrself. You can roll your eyes, who cares. You say it like you're the nicest person ever. You always pop up in the threads and tell people how and what they should post.

I'm not the nicest person ever but I do appreciate a minimum degree of politeness in people. And when I see someone behaving like an asshole, yeah, I will speak out against it. You of all people should see no problem in that.

Paddy
23-08-10, 17:14
here is how SOME people react

YersIyzsOpc
ROFL. :vlol:I was actually watching that earlier for a laugh.

CerebralAssassin
23-08-10, 17:18
Could you both expand on that?

just the hostile atmosphere and the constant arguing/complaining.it seems tempers are a little frayed as of late...

that and some of the members whom I looked up to when I first joined aren't here anymore...

MattTR
23-08-10, 17:22
I think it's the same, I mean what's changed exactly? :ton:

Drone
23-08-10, 17:22
And you honestly think that saying "your taste sucks" isn't gonna warrant a reaction from someone?

Double-standards, lame policy. You accused people a lot for liking the things they do but you did it indirectly, where are your balls now? You roll your eyes and complain. Your politeness equals to nothing. And now you again tell me what and how I should post. What hell for? :confused: You should know by now the way how you treat people will be mirrored in treatment towards you. No wonder people feel this place goes down the crapper.

ajrich17901
23-08-10, 17:23
I think it's the same, I mean what's changed exactly? :ton:

Ya mean besides everyone jumping down other peoples throats, and personal attacks? Who knows..

Encore
23-08-10, 17:26
Double-standards, lame policy. You accused people a lot for liking the things they do but you did it indirectly, where are your balls now?

I don't criticize people for their taste. I criticize people for their behaviour. Perhaps you should keep reading this post until my point finally gets inside your head.

Having personal tastes - OK. Expressing them rudely - not OK. Got it?

And I don't have balls. I'm a girl. :p

the ancient
23-08-10, 17:26
Ya mean besides everyone jumping down other peoples throats, and personal attacks? Who knows..

let us not overreact (I am not saying you are I just quoted you for an example :))

Not all the people here start "attacking" other members with a different idea their are just SOME members that anwser rude on other people opinion.

Agent 47
23-08-10, 17:27
Hmm...

Am I the only one seeing this thread dangerously connected to the premium memberships thread? I may be paranoid but could it be Justin is evaluating whether or not it's still worth it to keep the forum up?

Well, the results so far are disheartening. But perhaps people expressing their frustration doesn't mean they don't care about what happens from now on.
/2 cents

No you're not, i feel that when i read this thread and then the "Premium Membership" thread, i feel as though the forum is being held to ransom by a vocal few.

Now, maybe the Admin has indeed been toying with the idea for sometime, maybe it's just me seeing things that aren't there.......if so i'll say fair enough i was wrong, but that's how it looks.

Also when threads of this nature appear it's always the same folks banging on about the same thing using it as a soapbox, mainly self uploading avatars.i mean really what's the big deal :vlol: Then of course you have the situation where members use said thread to take cheap shots at particular mods. I don't think that's right to be honest.

I wouldn't say the forum has changed, i'd say the user-base has, but that's a natural thing. Like has been said before forums have their ups and downs,
better to just roll with it.

ajrich17901
23-08-10, 17:28
let us not overreact (i am not saying you are i just quoted you for an example :))

not all the people here start "attacking" other members with a different idea their are just some members that anwser rude on other people opinion.

nvm

Alpharaider47
23-08-10, 17:29
It's nice to see my sig popping up in threads like this now :whi:

Anyhow I chose other- I wouldn't say that the forums are any better than when I joined (great folks like Kelly are less active now) but it's not exactly worse, unless you consider being slow and less active "worse". And yeah there's been more drama here, but in a way I've found that a bit exciting :p *if you can call anything on a forum exciting*
I'm hoping that maybe at the end of this summer things will pick up again :D

MattTR
23-08-10, 17:31

I understand that, but I remember many circumstances in the past (and I've been here for over 5 years) going down, maybe we're just noticing it more, but it's like like Tomb Raider Forums have become a place from hell.. I think a bunch of us are exaggerating a little. :o

Catracoth
23-08-10, 17:31
I'm afraid I had to choose other. I haven't been a part of this community long enough to do a proper then/now comparison. Currently, I'm perfectly content with how the forum is. :)

Megalith
23-08-10, 17:33
The rudeness isn't always directly pointed over a specific member,many times it is being pointed directly (or indirectly) towards whole groups of people.

ajrich17901
23-08-10, 17:33
I understand that, but I remember many circumstances in the past (and I've been here for over 5 years) going down, maybe we're just noticing it more, but it's like like Tomb Raider Forums have become a place from hell.. I think a bunch of us are exaggerating a little. :o

I don't.

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 17:35
I think a bunch of us are exaggerating a little. :o
I don't, not everyone is going to be happy with how things are.

SkyPuppy
23-08-10, 17:37

and apparently alot of people aren't seeing your guy's point, unfortunately.

not everyone is going to be happy-go-lucky about their opinion of this forum.

lara c. fan
23-08-10, 17:38
About the same, I would say.

jackali
23-08-10, 17:39
It might have gotten worse, it's more likely that I've changed.

MattTR
23-08-10, 17:40

Well of course not everyone is going to be happy, but everyone is making out TRF to be a horrible place, and it truly isn't.

I know so many nice people here, and there's not one person who isn't. Sometimes we all get out of line at one point or another, and even if that happens it's not the end of the world..

Let's face it, nobody's perfect, and the forum will never be perfect, that's that.

Encore
23-08-10, 17:40
Also when threads of this nature appear it's always the same folks banging on about the same thing using it as a soapbox, mainly self uploading avatars.i mean really what's the big deal :vlol:

I guess that all comes down to Justin needing some feedback and needing to make these threads. Then people suddenly feel like pouring out every single frustration they ever had with the forum in here, even if yesterday they weren't even thinking about it (like the avatar issue). Then it's bound to create drama because people will inevitably disagree... When there aren't any of these feedback threads around, people are quieter and things don't seem so bad.

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 17:42
Well of course not everyone is going to be happy, but everyone is making out TRF to be a horrible place, and it truly isn't.

I know so many nice people here, and there's not one person who isn't. Sometimes we all get out of line at one point or another, and even if that happens it's not the end of the world. :wve:

Let's face it, nobody's perfect, and the forum will never be perfect, that's that.

Not everyone is acting like it's the end of the world, if anyone is overexaggerating it's you. From what I've noticed people are just expressing what they don't like. Nothing wrong with that. And no one ever said the forum is going to be perfect, like I said in my post when I voted; the forum may not be at it's worse but it could definitely be better. I honestly don't see what's wrong with people expressing they are unhappy if they are doing it in a constructive way.

CerebralAssassin
23-08-10, 17:43

I know so many nice people here, and there's not one person who isn't. Sometimes we all get out of line at one point or another, and even if that happens it's not the end of the world..

who said it's a horrible place?don't put words in our mouth:p

it's still one of the best forums out there,hell...it's the best forum I've ever joined...even though it's gotten slightly worse:p (which is why I sticked around for so long)

Blackmoor
23-08-10, 17:44
I love it here and although different people come and go and come back :hug:, I think overall it stays about the same.

There seems to be a lot of freedom here. I've only ever been a member on another forum but that was hugely influenced by the mod / admin there. They were always putting in their opinion in a way that made it difficult for anyone to disagree, even about trivial stuff like whether you liked the latest TR game or not. And you absolutely were forbidden from criticising them.

That doesn't happen here. Well that's my experience.

Occasionally you get a rude comment or a couple of people seemingly overreacting because you said something anti-Crystal, but I try to remember that there are a lot of really young people on here. I don't expect school kids to act like grown ups.

The mods here seem fairly generous allowing people to have a little spat sometimes in threads - people sometimes need to have their say! - but at the same time, preventing a total disintegration of what's going on.

I find the people who come here are mostly bright, intelligent and fun, whatever their age, and I like reading what most people have to say. Even if I don't join in, I still feel like I "know" people from reading what they say - their quirky characters and all. The forum is a place where I come most days because in some way it lets me switch off from stuff. It's relaxing.

I'd really miss it if it closed down.

However, if I could put forward one suggestion for improvement it would be to ban the Crystal fanpeople. :p Kidding, just kidding!! I love the Core v. Crystal debates.

jackles
23-08-10, 17:45
Well this thread was requested by Apathetic.

But I think it helps give a sounding board.

What confuses me is that when I first started moderating when Net was around, things were way stricter....and over time we have tried to be less strict on more trivial things but a general vibe is that the forum was better in the 'old days'. :confused:

Nemo_91
It's kinda the same, IMO. Sometimes worse though but that's just because of some members, I guess.

MattTR
Not everyone is acting like it's the end of the world, if anyone is overexaggerating it's you. From what I've noticed people are just expressing what they don't like. Nothing wrong with that. And no one ever said the forum is going to be perfect, like I said in my post when I voted; the forum may not be at it's worse but it could definitely be better. I honestly don't see what's wrong with people expressing they are unhappy if they are doing it in a constructive way.

I just want to see people providing examples and see some constructive criticism on what Justin needs to work on improving, so when people say it's getting worse, we can turn that around.

who said it's a horrible place?don't put words in our mouth:p

it's still one of the best forums out there,hell...it's the best forum I've ever joined...even though it's gotten slightly worse:p (which is why I sticked around for so long)

Over 50 people say it's gotten worse, that's what I was hinting at.. :p I agree it's one of the best forums out there, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Well this thread was requested by Apathetic.

But I think it helps give a sounding board.

What confuses me is that when I first started moderating when Net was around, things were way stricter....and over time we have tried to be less strict on more trivial things but a general vibe is that the forum was better in the 'old days'. :confused:

Well hopefully we can all agree it was better when he was around. :ton:

He was the bomb diggity. :tmb:

NemesisX13X
23-08-10, 17:46
It's gotten worse.

Paddy
23-08-10, 17:47
Over 50 people say it's gotten worse, that's what I was hinting at.. :p I agree it's one of the best forums out there, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Doesnt mean theyre all saying its a horrible place.

Carbonek_0051
23-08-10, 17:48
^:tmb:
I just want to see people providing examples and see some constructive criticism on what Justin needs to work on improving, so when people say it's getting worse, we can turn that around.

And they have been providing them, not everyone but pretty much most of the people who have posted.

MattTR
23-08-10, 17:49

My opinion has really changed, its gotten worse and its like a sinking ship. No one should have to feel scared they'll be attacked for what they believe in or like, this place is like High school anymore.

It's gotten worse since christmas, much worse! :(

All this sounds horrible to me. :confused:

And they have been providing them, not everyone but pretty much most of the people who have posted.

I'd just like to see some more people explaining why.

Encore
23-08-10, 17:50

I had to quote this. It's true, I remember vividly when the moderating style in Neteru's days almost sparked a riot. :p It's surprising how people feel things are more strict today.

Paddy
To you yes. And its our opinions by the way. Not once have I said in my posts its a horrible place.

Alpharaider47

But are they things that Justin can fix, or are they more suited for the moderators?

CerebralAssassin
23-08-10, 17:51
It's gotten worse.

care to explain?:p

MattTR
23-08-10, 17:51
To you yes. And its our opinions by the way.

Call me over sensitive, but yes I do find it horrible when a certain individual attacks another, and that's why things should be changed if that truly is the case.

Paddy
23-08-10, 17:52
Call me over sensitive, but yes I do find it horrible when a certain individual attacks another, and that's why things should be changed if that truly is the case.
No I thought you meant my comment said the place was horrible :p
When all I did was name why I feel the place has been far from the same xD

Saphyre
23-08-10, 17:52
Its funny isn't it?

People express their view that the forum is in fact getting worse mainly because of all the petty arguments, and lo and behold, petty arguing going on everywhere. Almost as if to prove their point. Premium Membership thread, Mature General Chat thread, and also this thread. Kinda sad, maybe my vote for "its the same" should actually be changed.

Ward Dragon
23-08-10, 17:53
I had to quote this. It's true, I remember vividly when the moderating style in Neteru's days almost sparked a riot. :p It's surprising how people feel things are more strict today.

Thank you for confirming that I'm not insane (at least not for that reason :p). I raised this point in another thread and it was ignored (or else I was called a liar, I'm not sure which XD I hate when people make a response that's obviously aimed at a specific post but they don't quote so I can't tell which post they meant it about)

Carbonek_0051
To you maybe. You have a completely different experience than other members of this forum, which is probably why you are thinking people are overexaggerating when they're not.
I'd just like to see some more people explaining why.
Ok, but a lot of people already have. You've been making it sound like only two people have stated why.

MattTR
No I thought you meant my comment said the place was horrible :p
When all I did was name why I feel the place has been far from the same xD

Oh, it's cool, maybe I'm just reading too much into what people are saying. :ton:

I'm just saying from what people are saying, it sounds like to me it's becoming some kind of horrible place.. and if that's the case it's something we need to work out.

Personally, I haven't witnessed a lot of this so it seems like it's stayed the same. :o

To you maybe. You have a completely different experience than other members of this forum, which is probably why you are thinking people are overexaggerating when they're not.

Ok, but a lot of people already have. You've been making it sound like only two people have stated why.

I was just trying to provide a few examples a couple pages back and prove a point to how it sounds like things have gotten really bad.

I am the happy-go-lucky guy around here, I try to be friends with everyone and that's why I may have not noticed it as much I suppose. :pi:

KIKO
23-08-10, 17:54
I like to think that many members have disabled their profile option to have a life outside the forums :whi: and so they become bored of the same categories, disagree on them and start whining at each others... You can also blame the weather..it's too hot :tea:

Catracoth
23-08-10, 18:00
It's different weather all over the world...

Melonie Tomb Raider
23-08-10, 18:02
I'd say it's the same right now. We will probably see a whole lot more development and a bunch of new faces when we start getting some TR9 info. Then it will hopefully be better than ever. :D

The most exciting times of this forum is when a new TR game is in the works, especially when there is a revamp taking place. I can sense the enthusiasm already! :yah:

MattTR
23-08-10, 18:04
I'd say it's the same right now. We will probably see a whole lot more development and a bunch of new faces when we start getting some TR9 info. Then it will hopefully be better than ever. :D

The most exciting times of this forum is when a new TR game is in the works, especially when there is a revamp taking place. I can sense the enthusiasm already! :yah:

I agree Melonie, we've gotten even busier it seems recently due to GoL, and imagine a main title. :tmb:

I like it when the forums are busy, it seems like there's always something going on for all of us to be a part of. :o

Encore
23-08-10, 18:14

That I agree with. I miss the TRU hype. It's like there was always something new to discuss!

Ward Dragon
23-08-10, 18:16
That I agree with. I miss the TRU hype. It's like there was always something new to discuss!

I agree :D I'm really looking forward to the TR9 hype. I imagine we'll start hearing about it once they are done with GoL on all platforms (plus the DLC), but of course I'm just guessing and I might be too optimistic :p

Drone
23-08-10, 18:25
TRF should have more discussions about TR itself. I hope there will be many new tr games which will get interested all the people. Shame, fanbase got unsteady because of all that split in devs team.

NemesisxAngelus
23-08-10, 18:27
TRF should have more discussions about TR itself. I hope there will be many new tr games which will get interested all the people. Shame, fanbase got unsteady because of all that split in devs team.

That's why I've suggested a General Tomb Raider section before. To discuss aspects of not a specific game.

Drone
23-08-10, 18:32
That's why I've suggested a General Tomb Raider section before. To discuss aspects of not a specific game.

Makes sense like what is your fav tr game or which one was your first and so on. Threads about TR (and the feelings towards it) which won't get buried in the "copy-paste news" threads or anything else.

larafan25
23-08-10, 18:33
It's the same, in pretty much all aspects.

Is this about how we function as a community? Or about recent changes to the site?:p

Encore
23-08-10, 18:45
I agree :D I'm really looking forward to the TR9 hype. I imagine we'll start hearing about it once they are done with GoL on all platforms (plus the DLC), but of course I'm just guessing and I might be too optimistic :p

I hope so too, even just a couple of official concept artworks would be enough to get things going!

Yeah this might be one way of bring the "TR" back to TRF. :tmb:

patriots88888
23-08-10, 18:51

Makes sense like what is your fav tr game or which one was your first and so on. Threads about TR (and the feelings towards it) which won't get buried in the "copy-paste news" threads or anything else.

I like the idea and I'm all for it. I must admit that my TR discussion has been severely lacking lately. Maybe this is what I (and others) need to get that topic of conversation going again. :)

Lara's home
23-08-10, 18:52
It's just different. A lot of people I liked has left, and some new ones have joined.

Alive_and_Funky
23-08-10, 18:54
I must say that TRF doesn't seem as fun a place as it was when I first joined in 2006. Sure, there were arguments (actually, I remember getting into quite a few of them myself with a certain member, who I actually learnt to get along rather well with) and perhaps I'm viewing things through rose-tinted glasses, but people sure seemed a lot more laid back back then. I suppose we have lost quite a few of those carefree members over the years.

Mikky
23-08-10, 18:55
I mean this from the bottom of my heart, TR has never been better. I have no doubt TR would of been in a dustbin if Core had still been devoloping it.

Never mind.... Misread the title. :pi:

I think it's better than ever. :D

Ward Dragon
23-08-10, 18:56
I mean this from the bottom of my heart, TR has never been better. I have no doubt TR would of been in a dustbin if Core had still been devoloping it.

The poll is actually asking about this particular forum, not the series in general :o I love the avatar by the way :tmb: Is that from the comics?

CiaKonwerski
23-08-10, 18:59
It has gotten better in my opinion.

Mikky
23-08-10, 19:01
The poll is actually asking about this particular forum, not the series in general :o I love the avatar by the way :tmb: Is that from the comics?

:vlol: I am such an idiot! Thank you for pointing that out. I feel so embarrassed. :pi:

I'm not really sure where it's from, tbh. :o I guess it could be from the comics. :p

scion89
23-08-10, 19:03
Other - because I've only been here for over a year, so I cant really put down an opinion.

Ward Dragon
23-08-10, 19:11
:vlol: I am such an idiot! Thank you for pointing that out. I feel so embarrassed. :pi:

I'm not really sure where it's from, tbh. :o I guess it could be from the comics. :p

Sorry, wasn't trying to make you feel bad :p I've definitely misread thread titles and polls in the past, so I'm certainly not about to make fun of someone else for doing the same :)

xcrushterx
23-08-10, 19:12
Thank you for confirming that I'm not insane (at least not for that reason :p). I raised this point in another thread and it was ignored (or else I was called a liar, I'm not sure which XD I hate when people make a response that's obviously aimed at a specific post but they don't quote so I can't tell which post they meant it about)

I replied :o I just disagreed with it, I didn't call you a liar :p Imo what qualifies rules as 'strict' is pretty subjective anyway, so naturally there will be differing views across the board XD

Ward Dragon
23-08-10, 19:13
I replied :o I just disagreed with it, I didn't call you a liar :p Imo what qualifies rules as 'strict' is pretty subjective anyway, so naturally there will be differing views across the board XD

Sorry, I wasn't thinking of you when I said that :) I meant in general it got ignored since no one else replied, except for that one post which mentioned seeing a lot of lies in the thread which I wasn't sure if it was directed at what I said or not :o

SpongeBob Lover
23-08-10, 19:16
Well I have been on this forum for quite a while, and just like any member who has been here 5+ years, I can also say I grew up around this forum. In a way this forum showed me some morals, mostly how I can't act around like a little noob and get away with it. :o

Definitly some moderators helped shaped that. I don't want to be a negative nancy though, I find this forum still the same to me... rules and limitations have always been here. I must say that I really do miss our old members, nothing agaisnt our new members though.

xcrushterx
23-08-10, 19:21
Sorry, I wasn't thinking of you when I said that :) I meant in general it got ignored since no one else replied, except for that one post which mentioned seeing a lot of lies in the thread which I wasn't sure if it was directed at what I said or not :o
Aaah ok :) I didn't see that post about the lies, so I can't really say who it may have been directed at. :(

Alive_and_Funky
23-08-10, 19:21
Well I have been on this forum for quite a while, and just like any member who has been here 5+ years, I can also say I grew up around this forum. In a way this forum showed me some morals, mostly how I can't act around like a little noob and get away with it. :o

Definitly some moderators helped shaped that. I don't want to be a negative nancy though, I find this forum still the same to me... rules and limitations have always been here. I must say that I really do miss our old members, nothing agaisnt our new members though.
Did you leave TRF for a while? I hadn't seen you around for ages and I noticed one of your posts the other day. If so, welcome back! :D

SpongeBob Lover
23-08-10, 19:28
Did you leave TRF for a while? I hadn't seen you around for ages and I noticed one of your posts the other day. If so, welcome back! :D

Hiya :wve: and thankyou :D

For a while, yes. Good to be back though!

Thorir
23-08-10, 20:24
I've been here a long time, and sadly, it has gotten a lot worse the last year or so.
A lot of good, nice people have left the forum and it's just not as fun and enjoyable as it used to be for me.
I could post 80+ messages in one day before, now I rarely post more than five.

I feel a lot of people are very hostile and unfriendly.
It's not fun to post when you or other people risk being mocked, criticised or cencored.
Mods say things were more strict before, but I don't feel like that.
I feel more restricted than ever.

And it's silly to claim that mature chat is self moderated and uncencored.
This is simply not true. And a lot of members, including myself has almost stopped posting there, because of the restrictions.
Mature chat is practically dead, compared to what it was half a year ago.

I hope the forum can return to it's glory days, but it will need some radical changes.

Tommy123
23-08-10, 20:33
I've only been here for almost two years but i can say its gotten worse from when i signed up.

When i joined i used to post in everything and share my honest opinion on every topic i could find.

Now however. Im scared to even post in some threads without someone PM-ing me and asking "are you retarted" "Who raised you to think like that!?" ect ect. Or calling me out and trying to start a fight with me just cause i said i liked the ponytail.

This is a forum. Not some reality show. If you wanna start drama i suggest moving to the hills and hanging out with kim kardashian.

But dont get me wrong. Most of the people that contact me are very kind and are amazing people. I just wish there was more people like that.

Legends
23-08-10, 20:35
It's gotten worse. It was very good two years ago. Even better three years ago. Perfect actually.

Thorir, I second that. Exactly that. :tmb: I miss our talks, Magne. :mis: :vlol:

[Xmas]
23-08-10, 20:40
Mature chat is practically dead, compared to what it was half a year ago.Pity I found out about this when I joined the Mature Chat now :(
There are only 6 members viewing this section as of now for example! :(

jackles
23-08-10, 20:43
But anything is what you make of it. The more active people are then the better MGC will be.

Don't forget I was in there from the beginning I know what it can be like...:)

[Xmas]
23-08-10, 20:45
I hope you'll keep visiting MGC, I don't what I'll talk about with... Me... Alone...:smk:

Thorir
23-08-10, 20:46
Now however. Im scared to even post in some threads without someone PM-ing me and asking "are you retarted" "Who raised you to think like that!?" ect ect. Or calling me out and trying to start a fight with me just cause i said i liked the ponytail.

I know! Same here! I get a bit nervous every time I see that I have a PM. I always fear it's someone who's going to criticise me or something I wrote.

I guess I can't blame the forum or the mods for that, but it wasn't like that before. It makes the forum less enjoyable.

It's gotten worse. It was very good two years ago. Even better three years ago. Perfect actually.

Thorir, I second that. Exactly that. :tmb: I miss our talks, Magne. :mis: :vlol:

I miss our talks too. :hug:
We had so much fun MGC before. :)
The good old days!

Minty Mouth
23-08-10, 20:49
The general maturity of the members and value of the discussion has definitely dropped way down since I joined, and that was only 3 years ago.

Of course, back then I was far too immature to appreciate it, so I'm now stuck in the school playground era of the forum.

Rai
23-08-10, 20:50
I've been here almost two years now and I feel it's the same as far as how it is run, the moderation etc.

However, there does seem to be quite a bit of unnecessary tension at times, quarrels, that sort of thing. It can feel a bit clique-y at times too, in certain sections. People tend to stick to the entertainment/chatty threads a bit rather than TR discussions. Maye it's because there isn't much TR news at the moment and that's fine. Once there is more news, things will pick up in the TR sections again. Maybe things will calm down soon. It's like any thing, there are ups and lows but eventually things settle.

I find that there is some confusion over certain rules, such as the bump thread rule or similar topic rule. I feel that the rule should be more consistent. I feel awkward around issues of 'playing mod'. What I mean is, people tend to take offense when someone gives a helping hand, a small reminder of a rule etc. I don't see why it should bother anyone, if it's done in a friendly manner; the mods aren't always available 24-7 :o.

Maybe there could be something fun to do, to bring back some community spirit? A quiz maybe where people have to search around the forum to find the answers? Or something else that will bring members to work together? There was one a while ago and it was fun and people were talking to people they may not have done before.

jackles
23-08-10, 20:53
Actually I am pretty bothered by the fact that a few people have said that people are possibly pming them to have go at them over things they have posted. If that happens please let some one know either through the contact us button or by contacting someone on the mod/admin staff. It is one thing for people to willingly take a debate to pms, another to have a go at peoples opinions.

Maybe we can get the quiz going again?

laralover_07
23-08-10, 21:06
In all honesty, it's gotten worse.

I stopped visiting a while back, not due to the forum, just because there was no Tomb Raider news and I was exploring new fandoms. I've started visiting again recently due to Guardian Of Light's release, and I have to say, the quality has dropped. There's very little sign of community anymore. Instead of a family, we're in seperate high school cliques..

You have your regular members; down to earth people who are just here to celebrate and discuss Tomb Raider and make friends. To an extent, you have elitist members; people who have been here from the start.. Usually the first to be the killjoy in an attempt at a fun, community building game with a post like 'Ugh, another one of these threads...'. You have members who fit into various minorities and go with the flow. You have members who fit into various minorties and will fight to the death with their view at any given chance. Hypocrites. Mini-mods. People who won't stop making endless popularity threads.. Who's your favourite member? If you were locked in a room with two other members and had to marry one and shoot the other, WHO WOULD YOU SHOOT? PS3 players. Xbox players. Girls who eat their feelings. Girls who don't eat anything. Where has the family gone?

It's not the Administator's problem. Nor the moderators. It's us, the student body. And if we want harmony and love and unicorns and cake we can all eat and be happy, we don't need to make threads ranting about what's wrong then making a poll over it. We need to just try harder to get along. We'll find people we'll disagree with, but need we disgrace them for having a differing opinion?

I'm just going to end this ramble with a phrase I was told when I was like.. five.

"Treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself."

Squibbly
23-08-10, 21:12
I don't know, the same I guess. I've only been here for two years (I lurked around for a year before that but never joined). TRF has its issues here and there, but overall it seems to be the same.

I stay out of the discussions that I know are going to end up in a fight and keep to myself for the most part so nothing major has ever bothered me.

Capt. Murphy
23-08-10, 21:16
IMHO It's the same in a way. It does change but doesn't improve nor get worse. It's like a dynamic... Based solely on the forum members. As long as they stay (in) the same (mentality) we're not going to progress.

Granted, there are Many nice/cool members here. I'm just talking about the over-all attitude. It's like a give and take/love and hate/bully and victim relationship. They support each other and one cannot stand without the other.

xcrushterx
23-08-10, 21:27
Actually I am pretty bothered by the fact that a few people have said that people are possibly pming them to have go at them over things they have posted. If that happens please let some one know either through the contact us button or by contacting someone on the mod/admin staff. It is one thing for people to willingly take a debate to pms, another to have a go at peoples opinions.

Maybe we can get the quiz going again?
The quiz Jenni ran a few years back? We are all organised into teams/discuss answers via pm?

I would love that to happen! :D That was awesome!

DgoOdz94
23-08-10, 21:43
It's the same.

I see no big changes at all since I joined. I don't really know why it could get worse but whatever. :)

Ward Dragon
23-08-10, 21:49
The quiz Jenni ran a few years back? We are all organised into teams/discuss answers via pm?

I would love that to happen! :D That was awesome!

Cool, we'll see what we can do :D We actually were going to run another quiz over the summer but we got distracted by GoL :p Maybe it's time to resurrect the idea :D

Mr.Burns
24-08-10, 01:20
Cool, we'll see what we can do :D We actually were going to run another quiz over the summer but we got distracted by GoL :p Maybe it's time to resurrect the idea :D

We do seem to have the attention span of a goldfish, lately. :p

We'll see what we can do for you folks :)

As for the topic at hand, I think the major issue is the level of aggression that has been rising for the past couple of years. When I first started, like Jackles, we were working with Neteru, whom while fair minded and a master of word play, he was also very strict. So much so that people knew, "don't mess with Net." this mindset stuck with everyone and we all knew to be on our best behavior. I'm not saying that this air of seriousness was a good thing but as a wise man here once quoted, give them an inch and they'll take a mile. We relaxed on moderation and the result was an increase in fighting and aggression. I'm not keen on going back to a time of severe regulation, but we need to find a balance. How to best achieve that is up to debate, hence this thread.

Sir Croft
24-08-10, 01:32
It's gotten a little worse. I won't name them, but some new members are rather rude and with questionable attitude, ready to jump to conclusions and rip threads with pointless arguments and teasing. I'm not here to judge, but that's just what I think. Few are the members that keep me here.