PDA

View Full Version : Brink. This game looks SICK!

Melonie Tomb Raider
24-08-10, 17:35
xYvAAb2qEFk&feature=search

qT0vOEjF-ig&feature=search

WOW! I'm so stoked about this. :yah: Definitely adds a new element to FPS. If it truly is as fluid as they say, it would be a refreshing change as opposed to the bunny hop, dolphin dive, and strafing that we're all so familiar with. Definitely keeping my eye on this. :tmb:

Super Badnik
24-08-10, 17:39
It looks flash. Apart from that, seems not really anything amazing to be blunt.

silver_wolf
24-08-10, 17:41
eh. yeah, I'm not too excited.

Sir Croft
24-08-10, 17:42
Can't wait for it! The co-op gameplay sounds awesome! :cln:

Catracoth
24-08-10, 17:43
I'll probably wait for a price drop and then get it used - I'm still a bit wary on this one.

larson n natla
24-08-10, 17:45
It's mirrors edge, literally it even has the same cross-hair.

trlestew
24-08-10, 17:45
Still Fps... but since it seems to take a little more chances and is not based on "You're in the US army, now go kill those russians 'cause their evil YEAH!" I'm a little interested.

Melonie Tomb Raider
24-08-10, 17:54
Cai't wait for it! The co-op gameplay sounds awesome! :cln:

Oh heck yes! I'm looking forward to the multiplayer the most, though. :D

[Xmas]
24-08-10, 18:32
This is just a blant shooter. Not type of a game I am excited about.

Twilight
24-08-10, 18:33
Mirror's Edge copy.

Weemanply109
24-08-10, 18:34
The game looks interesting. Will see how it turns out.

Sharon_14
24-08-10, 18:38
i'm not excited at all, it looks like another mediocre fps. like 99.9% of the first person shooters. :p

MangelinaJolie
24-08-10, 18:43
It's nothing new, but I'll probably give it a rent eventually.

ajrich17901
24-08-10, 18:45
Carbon copy of Mirror's Edge, if I wanna play ME I'll play that lmao.

matrix54
24-08-10, 19:02
I love how the boast about the platforming aspect of the game, as if it's something new for first person shooters (having 1 button do everything will get bothersome for a player like me. I like my controls to have specific functions, not just a press me and watch me do platforming for you). The gameplay looked very sluggish. I'm not sure if its the player moving slowly, the video being slowed down, of if thats the generic speed, but in an action game, moving slowly is the last thing the player wants to do. I looks fantastic, but isn't really doing anything special. Character customization is fine but it isn't really fun if you cant look at yourself, it only benefits the other players. Its basically a generic FPS. Not exactly a cash in, but they aren't really trying to separate them selves from the market, are they?

Could potentially be good (maybe a 7), but I'm going to need more for me to actually waste money on an FPS that doing everything else everyone else is already doing.

Sir Croft
24-08-10, 20:56
LOL @ people saying it's a Mirror's Edge copy.

Apart from the free-runing, it's nothing like Mirror's Edge. It's funny how you all say that it's a copy just because it has a minor feature from another game. Mirror's Edge wasn't combat-centered as far as I remember and, in fact, being involved in combat in Mirror's Edge was quite troublesome.
This is just a fast-paced shooter with dynamic scenario navigation. Mirror's Edge is a free-runing game. See the difference?
I don't think anybody here would stop playing Uncharted because it's a Tomb Raider copy. ;)

Jo269976
24-08-10, 21:37
Oh look, another bland FPS.

Yawn.

Catracoth
24-08-10, 21:39
LOL @ people saying it's a Mirror's Edge copy. Apart from the free-runing, it's nothing like Mirror's Edge. It's funny how you all say that it's a copy just because it has a minor feature from another game.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.
Same goes for Mafia II against GTA IV. It's getting annoying that people can make these false connections over a single glance.

MangelinaJolie
24-08-10, 21:45
LOL @ people saying it's a Mirror's Edge copy.

Apart from the free-runing, it's nothing like Mirror's Edge. It's funny how you all say that it's a copy just because it has a minor feature from another game. Mirror's Edge wasn't combat-centered as far as I remember and, in fact, being involved in combat in Mirror's Edge was quite troublesome.
This is just a fast-paced shooter with dynamic scenario navigation. Mirror's Edge is a free-runing game. See the difference?
I don't think anybody here would stop playing Uncharted because it's a Tomb Raider copy. ;)

It's still pretending there's something new and amazing with the parkour thing but it isn't new at all.

Love2Raid
24-08-10, 21:45
Mirrorīs Edge is well-known for itīs first person platforming, and considering this game has this too, I understand why people would make the connection. But Mirrorīs Edge was more focused on the platforming, and this is obviously more focused on combat (platforming is just an extra). It looks different, the story is different and I donīt see a beautiful Asian woman in black and white clothes running around. So no, this is not Mirrorīs Edge.

I think it looks really good, but not jaw-dropping good, if you know what I mean.

Lara's home
24-08-10, 21:46
The teaser looked awful.

SkyPuppy
25-08-10, 00:14
just looks like another FPS

xXhayleyroxXx
25-08-10, 00:16
Its looks okay but it hasn't wowed me yet :/

michaeldt
25-08-10, 00:30
it sorta looks like a bit of a Mirrors Edge ripoff :o

Samsdad
25-08-10, 01:29
One of the biggest shortcomings of FPSers has been the clunky movement. This looks like a very good step in correcting this deficiency. Thanks for the heads up Mel. Will certainly keep an eye out for this game.

Uzi master
25-08-10, 01:34
it looks like they still run pretty slow though, also, why customize you're charater if you can't even see them most of the time?

KIKO
25-08-10, 02:00
I don't why but the guy with the two guns reminded me of Lara Croft and the last one with the blades, reminded me of Altair.

Is this just a coincidence or are they all a bunch of known characters ?

toughraid3r37
25-08-10, 04:58
If the gameplay has all those stunts that it had in the teaser.... count me IN! :D Love the slide and shoot :D.

Carbonek_0051
25-08-10, 05:02
I've been keeping my eye on this, I'm being catiously excited.

scoopy_loopy
25-08-10, 05:10
Meh, it seems somewhat uninspired to me. I don't like the "smart button" either.