PDA

View Full Version : The general RSPCA/Animal Cruelty thread

touchthesky
24-08-10, 21:10
Making this because a lot of folk complain that there are too many stories about animal cruelty but often there are stories in the news members want to post due to their shocking nature. So yes, post them here...Then the folk that complain can't really do so any more because..well, they can bide away from this thread and that'll be that.

http://www.scottishspca.org/news/458_mystery-of-lhasa-apso-couple

"Although cruel, it is not uncommon for a mother dog to be dumped after her puppies have been weaned and sold on. It's also quite common for any puppies with visible defects to be abandoned as they are not worth any money to the breeder.

Kinda makes me sick. At the end of the day, you choose to have an animal as a pet, and you choose to breed them. If you can't take the responsibility then DON'T.DO.IT.

Tombraiderx08
24-08-10, 21:14
I hate people who are cruel to animals, im not like, a die hard activist but, cruelty to domesticated animals, huuuuge dislike.

touchthesky
24-08-10, 21:19
Thank you for joining the Scottish SPCA.

Your monthly donation will help us rescue, care for and rehome thousands of injured, defenceless and abandoned animals every year.

*Smiles*

I feel better now.

Tombraiderx08
24-08-10, 21:21
Good for you! :tmb:

Alpharaider47
24-08-10, 21:22
I think this is a good idea for a thread, now let's see them trolls try and complain :D

I'm not a die hard activist or anything, tbh i'm not much of an activist :o But I don't support animal cruelty, and I hope that the people who do all sorts of terrible things to animals get what's coming to em :p
I'm always interested in learning new things however, and this strikes me as an interesting topic so I'll probably pop in here often :D

Catracoth
24-08-10, 21:26
I'm an activist for the MSPCA here in my neck of the woods. :wve:

touchthesky
24-08-10, 21:31
See, the thing is, I think even if you do something wee like post a link on facebook to encourage people to even LOOK at the volunteering websites and stuff then thats enough.

Me and my boyfriend are volunteering for the first time soon. Very excited to do some hands on help!!

sjam_raider
24-08-10, 22:11
It's amazing what some people do to help animals. We got my dog from a pregnant stray, being looked after by a couple who have a massive house and a load of land. They'd also rescued loads of other dogs and cats, rabbits, some chickens and a pig! The pig had been born in a lorry going to the slaughterhouse, and had fallen through the slats onto the motorway. The only way this couple make their money is from selling the animals, donations and their part time jobs, and it really makes me smile to see such efforts made to help animals - after all, the amount of animals they had would take up a load of time and funds! :)

xXhayleyroxXx
24-08-10, 22:12
Great thread Vicky :tmb: as you probabaly all know, I want to join the rspca as an animal cruelty inspector :p Its something that is really close to my heart and we have taken on some of the RSPCA's animals when their shelters have been full.

robm_2007
24-08-10, 23:17
I, for one, love animal cruelty; i also love my Dalmation Skin coats.

xXhayleyroxXx
24-08-10, 23:18
I, for one, love animal cruelty; i also love my Dalmation Skin coats.

Cruella Deville...You just don't know when to die :mad:

Alpharaider47
24-08-10, 23:26

:vlol: 101 Dalmatians and Thor's Hammer can fix that :D

robm_2007
24-08-10, 23:36

A trait the Dalmations and I have in common.
-----------------
My favorite Disney villain. :p she's a horrid, wretched and vulturous *****, mind you, but she was quite good at it.
-----------------
are furs from domesticated animals legal, by any chance? I would think that someone has tried to become a real-life Cruella DeVil and have a Dalmation Fur coat; but ive never heard of such a story.

xXhayleyroxXx
24-08-10, 23:39
A trait the Dalmations and I have in common.
-----------------
My favorite Disney villain. :p she's a horrid, wretched and vulturous *****, mind you, but she was quite good at it.
-----------------
are furs from domesticated animals legal, by any chance? I would think that someone has tried to become a real-life Cruella DeVil and have a Dalmation Fur coat; but ive never heard of such a story.

:vlol: and yes I agree :p When I was little I used to be scared of her :vlol:

And no I don't think so, but there's always the black market.

robm_2007
24-08-10, 23:45
:vlol: and yes I agree :p When I was little I used to be scared of her :vlol:

And no I don't think so, but there's always the black market.

she's supposed to be like what? in her 40's maybe? (cuz i think she and Anita went to school together.)

she's quite horrendous looking. she looks like she could be 60, and she seems to be at least 6'2" and prolly only weighs like 130 pounds....lol
----------------------
anyways, when feathers are used to make pillows or feather dusters, do they kiill the bird also? or do they simply take out the feathers and wait for new feathers to grow?

xXhayleyroxXx
24-08-10, 23:48
She was skeletal :p And I think down feathers are just taken from the nests of ducks/geese/chickens after the chicks have 'flown the coop' (wrong expression I know :pi:) and so I don't think they are killed. I'll do some research :pi:

EDIT: Elder down is harvested in this way (from Elder ducks) which is why it is so expensive, although your usual feathers for pillows/dusters come from chickens which have been slaughtered for meat.

robm_2007
24-08-10, 23:50
^do you use feather-filled pillows, or feather dusters? cuz if they arent being killed (hypothetically), is it still considered wrong to use it if you are Animal Advocate?

xXhayleyroxXx
24-08-10, 23:55
^do you use feather-filled pillows, or feather dusters? cuz if they arent being killed (hypothetically), is it still considered wrong to use it if you are Animal Advocate?

I think my pillows have feathers in, I've never actually checked. I wear leather as well, but if there is a cheaper, plasticy alternative; I'll gladly buy that instead. I'm not sure whether its considered right or wrong, but the way I see it is I'm buying products which were not the reason for the animal's death.

Joely-Moley
25-08-10, 00:01
Good idea for a thread, that's awesome you and your boyfriend are going to start volunteering.

Gah I hate animal abuse.

Just this week someone abandoned their two Yorkie dogs in the water just minutes from where I live and left them to die. The dogs both lived, luckily.

It's just disgusting, there really is no excuse for that. If they didn't want the dogs any more theres an animal shelter less than two miles away from where they dumped them.

robm_2007
25-08-10, 00:03
Good idea for a thread, that's awesome you and your boyfriend are going to start volunteering.

Gah I hate animal abuse.

Just this week someone abandoned their two Yorkie dogs in the water just minutes from where I live and left them to die. The dogs both lived, luckily.

It's just disgusting, there really is no excuse for that. If they didn't want the dogs any more theres an animal shelter less than two miles away from where they dumped them.

they left them in the water? like just tossed them in or something? :/ thats quite retarded, good to hear the little dogs are okay.

reminds me of the recent story where (another) mother drove her kids into a river:(.

Joely-Moley
25-08-10, 00:06
they left them in the water? like just tossed them in or something? :/ thats quite retarded, good to hear the little dogs are okay.

reminds me of the recent story where (another) mother drove her kids into a river:(.

Yeah, they put them in a bag and tried to drown them. :mad:
They were both elderly as well, meaning that most likely that they trusted their owner and they just left them to die.

That's horrible. :(

xXhayleyroxXx
25-08-10, 00:09
I know its disgusting :/ I get so angry at cases like that, thats why I want to help and have chosen its prevention as a career choice. i cant sit back and watch it happen :/

I've mentioned before I found a carrier bag of domestic rats down a rabbit hole, the top of the bag being tied. Tbh they were so tame and made great pets, it really disgusts me how people can throw animals away like trash.

robm_2007
25-08-10, 00:09
what lame assholes.....

let the dogs roam the streets; dont try to suffocate them and drown them.

id like some pets (i cant cuz i live in a dorm). but i wouldnt mind owning a 3-legged dog or cat, or some sort of disabled pet. it also means that they have one less leg for them to run away with....:pi:

xXhayleyroxXx
25-08-10, 00:12
^^^ its good you say that because usually people don't want the lame, disabled animals :)

Right now Im looking for a home for a staffy, I'm hoping my dad will take her but my step-mum hates the breed for their.... reputation :pi:

Joely-Moley
25-08-10, 00:20
Aww I love staffys! My friend has one and it's the friendliest dog I've ever encountered. It's a shame about their bad reputation because they really are great dogs.

xXhayleyroxXx
25-08-10, 00:21
Aww I love staffys! My friend has one and it's the friendliest dog I've ever encountered. It's a shame about their bad reputation because they really are great dogs.
They're lush aren't they :p This one is lovely, I really love her :o And after all, its humans who have given them those reputations.

Johnnay
25-08-10, 02:26
this thread is a must for hayley:D

Tommy123
25-08-10, 03:03
I hate people who are cruel to animals, im not like, a die hard activist but, cruelty to domesticated animals, huuuuge dislike.

same here

TRhalloween
25-08-10, 03:05
We have the SSPCA (Scottish Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals). I'm hoping to get involved in something like this.

Catracoth
25-08-10, 03:07
I actually had to ring MSPCA again today because of my neighbours' mistreating their dogs.

robm_2007
25-08-10, 03:18
What are staffy's?

Alpharaider47
25-08-10, 03:23
Yeah, they put them in a bag and tried to drown them. :mad:
They were both elderly as well, meaning that most likely that they trusted their owner and they just left them to die.

That's horrible. :(

That's even worse when there's a blatant trust between the owner and the animals. I mean, I suppose it's betrayal to begin with, but that's so much worse in my mind.

Lara_Fan_33
25-08-10, 07:22
this thread is :hug: i love animals to death, especcially cats, whenever i see or hear about animal crualty, i get really annoyed, and if the oportunity arrises, i take action and get involved :p :o despite my hilarious, hard exterior, im pretty soft, especcially with things like this. Some poeple are seriously disgusting :mad:

SkyPuppy
25-08-10, 07:30
^^^ its good you say that because usually people don't want the lame, disabled animals :)

Right now Im looking for a home for a staffy, I'm hoping my dad will take her but my step-mum hates the breed for their.... reputation :pi:

wat

erm, anyway. i love this thread.

i am so against animal cruelty... HIGHLY against it. i wish i could save all the animals in the world that need it, and it breaks my heart when i see it happening and can't do a damn thing about it... :/ if i were rich, then i would have a big ass mansion and save every animal i could and just let them stay there and i would take care of them.

Lara_Fan_33
25-08-10, 07:34
wat

i am so against animal cruelty... HIGHLY against it. i wish i could save all the animals in the world that need it, and it breaks my heart when i see it happening and can't do a damn thing about it... :/ if i were rich, then i would have a big ass mansion and save every animal i could and just let them stay there and i would take care of them.

same here! :D

NemesisX13X
25-08-10, 07:45
I highly dislike animal cruelty, animals are creatures with feelings, just like humans, they need love and care and stupid humans just throw them away and mistreat them.

I just don't get why people do it, I mean, if they can't take care of an animal, then they shouldn't take them and mistreat them. And there's no reason for acting so negatively towards them. It's just plain cruel and stupid.

xXhayleyroxXx
25-08-10, 11:23
wat

lame means they might have a bad leg or something similar, or feeling minor pain.:p
It doesnt mean 'omg thats so lame!' like in America

@Robm_2007 - staffys are staffordshire bull terriers.
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images15/StaffieRooney14Months.jpg

Joely-Moley
25-08-10, 12:39
That's even worse when there's a blatant trust between the owner and the animals. I mean, I suppose it's betrayal to begin with, but that's so much worse in my mind.

Same here. It's horrible. I'm assuming the owner has had them for years.

I can understand that some people get older and are unable to look after animals anymore, or their finances change and they are no longer able to properly care for them, but they could of advertised to re-home them or taken them to the shelter. To just throw them away like that and leaving them to die is disgusting, absolutely no excuse. I think how a person treats animals really says a lot about their character.

Good news though, last I heard the dogs are doing really well at the local rescue centre.

Another Lara
25-08-10, 12:55

It ****es me off no end when I hear that, I feel like shaking people who think they are a horrible breed!

It's not the dog it's their pathetic owners who shouldn't be allowed pets in the first place.

My family have kept staffs (and even bred them) for generations and they are some of the most lovable and funny dog you can get! A bit boistrous mind, but that's because they're little bundles of muscle and don't know their own strength!

I had a staffy called Tess and my parents got her when I was 1 year old from my nan's dog's litter... she was white all over and had brown ears. She died 8 years ago, and I still really miss her because she was such a loving dog! :(

Me and Jay are hoping to get a staff from a rescue home when we get our own place, as there are way too many of them being abandoned and treated like crap by people who get them purely as a status symbol!:cen:

lara c. fan
25-08-10, 13:05
Rottweilers are nice as well, when they are not trained to be guard dogs. I've experienced both, and I liked the un-guard-dog-trained one better.

xXhayleyroxXx
25-08-10, 14:19
It ****es me off no end when I hear that, I feel like shaking people who think they are a horrible breed!

It's not the dog it's their pathetic owners who shouldn't be allowed pets in the first place.

My family have kept staffs (and even bred them) for generations and they are some of the most lovable and funny dog you can get! A bit boistrous mind, but that's because they're little bundles of muscle and don't know their own strength!

I had a staffy called Tess and my parents got her when I was 1 year old from my nan's dog's litter... she was white all over and had brown ears. She died 8 years ago, and I still really miss her because she was such a loving dog! :(

Me and Jay are hoping to get a staff from a rescue home when we get our own place, as there are way too many of them being abandoned and treated like crap by people who get them purely as a status symbol!:cen:

I know it ****es me off too, hunni :/ I'll try persuade my dad and he'll most likely persuade my step-mum, although whether that will work; I still tried :pi:. And its great you and Jay are getting a staffy! That makes me really happy :) They are always looking for homes :(

Rottweilers are nice as well, when they are not trained to be guard dogs. I've experienced both, and I liked the un-guard-dog-trained one better.

I know exactly :tmb: Rotties are lush :)

robm_2007
25-08-10, 21:52
speaking of "evil" dogs, ive always wanted a Doberman Pinscher. even though they look scary and crazy, and have a bad reputation, i'd like a dog like this.

i wouldnt want one that was all violent like most ppl think, but one that is all nice and stuff; but just looks scary :mis:

xXhayleyroxXx
25-08-10, 22:42
:vlol: thats a bit random :p They remind me of Anubis for some reason :p

robm_2007
26-08-10, 01:10
Campbell's....MMM...Good!

now that was random.

i wanted to write something about pets/animals and used this thread; even though it doesnt really fit in here specifically :pi:
------------

This might sound like a smart-ass question, But what are your thoughts on Cat Ladies and other animal hoarders? My sister is one, and she's only 27......:/

if a person can fulfill all of the animals' needs for food/water/and attention, should a person be able to legally own upwards of 20-50 pets?

xXhayleyroxXx
26-08-10, 09:25
As long as they can attend to their needs and giving them love and attention, I don't see why not. I have a lot of animals :p

touchthesky
26-08-10, 20:55
I hate PETA but this is full of win

http://i30.************/120hzyt.jpg

xXhayleyroxXx
26-08-10, 20:58
lmao :p it is good and carries a good message. Why the hell are PETA promoting that message if they are so against having pets?

robm_2007
26-08-10, 21:16
As long as they can attend to their needs and giving them love and attention, I don't see why not. I have a lot of animals :p

how many, and what are they?:)

xXhayleyroxXx
26-08-10, 21:21
how many, and what are they?:)

umm... *tries to think*. 3 dogs (perhaps 4), 10 degus (giant gerbils), 3 chinchillas, a blind guinea pig, 3 rats, a rabbit, a hamster, fish, newts, 2 budgies and I'll be getting more mice and rats in a year or two.

touchthesky
26-08-10, 21:22
Aw I forgot to mention, yesterday.

I was walking past a feild of cows and one was pregnant. You could see the outline of the wee baby cow in its belly.

Was surreal.

Was amazing.

I WANT TO BIRTH THAT COW.
:cen:

xXhayleyroxXx
26-08-10, 21:25
Aw I forgot to mention, yesterday.

I was walking past a feild of cows and one was pregnant. You could see the outline of the wee baby cow in its belly.

Was surreal.

Was amazing.

I WANT TO BIRTH THAT COW.
:cen:

aww :p you should come do a course here, you get to birth animals. Im not sure if we do that on my course though...

touchthesky
26-08-10, 21:27
aww :p you should come do a course here, you get to birth animals. Im not sure if we do that on my course though...

Lol, the course I start next year actually opperates a farm through the college so I'd imagine we get it too.

I'm excited.

Going to view it on the 8th Sept.

robm_2007
26-08-10, 21:38
umm... *tries to think*. 3 dogs (perhaps 4), 10 degus (giant gerbils), 3 chinchillas, a blind guinea pig, 3 rats, a rabbit, a hamster, fish, newts, 2 budgies and I'll be getting more mice and rats in a year or two.

so may of those creatures would make for marvelous furs.....:mis: jkjk

do you live on a farm? i cant imagine where they must all sleep:p

xXhayleyroxXx
26-08-10, 21:38
Lol, the course I start next year actually opperates a farm through the college so I'd imagine we get it too.

I'm excited.

Going to view it on the 8th Sept.

omg are we going to the same college ? :p My college has a farm too!

@robm _ 2007 - shush you :p and no, unfortunately I live in a council house :p I said potentially 4 dogs because I can't let go of the fact I love the staffy I'm looking for a home for :( I've even given her the nickname 'bumblebee' :( I adore her but my dad doesnt want her due to the fact she'd be in the house for 5 hours alone, but my mum said she'd have her all day :/

touchthesky
26-08-10, 22:16
Haha I doubt it xD. Mines up here in Scotland..Clinterty :P!

xXhayleyroxXx
26-08-10, 22:17
Awww :p what are you doing at your college?

touchthesky
26-08-10, 22:33
Animal Care HNC.

My nursing past should allow me to get into it without doing the access course first.

:jmp:

xXhayleyroxXx
26-08-10, 22:36
Animal Care HNC.

My nursing past should allow me to get into it without doing the access course first.

:jmp:

you're doing the exact same thing as me :p

touchthesky
26-08-10, 22:37
Lmao. We can help each other with coursework xD.

But aren't you doing it this year?

xXhayleyroxXx
26-08-10, 22:41
Lmao. We can help each other with coursework xD.

But aren't you doing it this year?

yes we can :hug: and I'm starting this september :p

touchthesky
26-08-10, 22:45
Aweome sauce! I won't be starting until NEXT September.

Although I have just checked the colleges website and I might go for the HND instead as that includes medicine courses, customer care and all that kinda business, which would hopefully mean I was more employable to a vet haha xD.

trXD
26-08-10, 22:47
OMG im going to a farm college as well :D

East durham!

xXhayleyroxXx
26-08-10, 22:48
Aweome sauce! I won't be starting until NEXT September.

Although I have just checked the colleges website and I might go for the HND instead as that includes medicine courses, customer care and all that kinda business, which would hopefully mean I was more employable to a vet haha xD.

hehe yes, but I'll keep my coursework and I'll be here to talk to XD And I'm not entirely sure which of the animal care courses I'm doing, but it covers all areas like consumer care, grooming, exotics so it should be good :) you wanna be a vet huh?

@trXD - omg seriously! you're near me :vlol: that is if its durham northumbria.

touchthesky
26-08-10, 22:50
I think so. Haha. Undecided yet.

All I know is that I want to work with them. I've got years ahead of me so I don't want to rush into anything. At least with the course on my CV I'll be employable. :D

xXhayleyroxXx
26-08-10, 22:52
I think so. Haha. Undecided yet.

All I know is that I want to work with them. I've got years ahead of me so I don't want to rush into anything. At least with the course on my CV I'll be employable. :D

Im terrible at deciding. Im pretty sure I want to be a cruelty inspector though, although it took me a while to come to that conclusion! And yes, certaintly :hug: and at least by doing the course you'll know if a career in animal care is for you :)

Do you have to wear blue overalls, a lab coat and steel-toe wellys? :vlol:

xXhayleyroxXx
28-08-10, 23:34
BUMP - slightly off topic but I've just found a gem of a website designed to cut the cost of pet healthcare by selling medication/food/accessories cheap. I'll not post the link though because you never know who might see it :pi: If anyone wants the link pm me :)

ozzman
29-08-10, 04:24
i hate those who are cruel to animals, i nearly passed out when watching Animal Cops, it was the story of the Weiner dog puppy who was hit in the eye with a hammer. i love my animals to death, they are spoiled and my one acts like a princess , even to the other, she's like

"my Chair *****" -Slaps the hell out of other kitty

xXhayleyroxXx
29-08-10, 10:29
i hate those who are cruel to animals, i nearly passed out when watching Animal Cops, it was the story of the Weiner dog puppy who was hit in the eye with a hammer. i love my animals to death, they are spoiled and my one acts like a princess , even to the other, she's like

"my Chair *****" -Slaps the hell out of other kitty

thats good :hug: I havn't seen that episode! thats horrendous! Its a good show though, I watch it a lot :)
And aww, good to hear :hug:

robm_2007
29-08-10, 20:38
I was watching Man Woman Wild on the Discovery Channel, adn they actually killed a live crocodile!

i was like, um....okay. i felt bad for the reptile, but i liked that Mike (the Man) said that he was sorry for having to kill them, but they were hungry.

Do you watch those shows, Hayley (or any other viewers of this thread)? or any Bear Grylls ones? cuz im almost certain that i saw him eat a baby bird, and even bite into a live fish......:vlol:. i guess its not really funny when it actually happens, but its more funny just to think how outrageous it sounds if someone was thinking about doing it :p

xXhayleyroxXx
29-08-10, 20:55
I was watching Man Woman Wild on the Discovery Channel, adn they actually killed a live crocodile!

i was like, um....okay. i felt bad for the reptile, but i liked that Mike (the Man) said that he was sorry for having to kill them, but they were hungry.

Do you watch those shows, Hayley (or any other viewers of this thread)? or any Bear Grylls ones? cuz im almost certain that i saw him eat a baby bird, and even bite into a live fish......:vlol:. i guess its not really funny when it actually happens, but its more funny just to think how outrageous it sounds if someone was thinking about doing it :p

I don't like them shows for that reason. I don't really want to have to watch animals suffer.

robm_2007
29-08-10, 20:56
I don't like them shows for that reason. I don't really want to have to watch animals suffer.

i can understand that; i was actually thinking that they would have the crocodile be killed off-camera, but they actually showed it. :/

Poker15
29-08-10, 20:57
I hate people being cruel to animals.:(
How's ur cat btw?:p

ozzman
29-08-10, 20:59
i watch them shows sometimes, just to know what can be eaten if i ever gets stranded or something [most likely not, i don't travel much] but i hate seeing animals get butchered or shot, i hate hunting, but as long as i don't see the animal get shot i'm fine, i could never harm any kind of animal [except hornets/wasps, bad experiances when little] the only way i would kill an animal is if it attacks me, such as a wild dog or cat, but only as a last resort, i'd rather run and hide :p, i'm shure they killed the croc to show how to if you actualy had to, there are too many of them anyway, one probaly won't hurt the population, i don't like seeing the healthy animals get killed , like deer or other game, kill the elderly or wounded , so the species can stay strong

xXhayleyroxXx
29-08-10, 21:19
i can understand that; i was actually thinking that they would have the crocodile be killed off-camera, but they actually showed it. :/

Yeah :/ I mean fair enough its survival but I just don't like watching it.

touchthesky
30-08-10, 08:31
I hate people being cruel to animals.:(
How's ur cat btw?:p

Mine? Shes still not returned.

almayah
30-08-10, 15:07
The first time I watched this I was like "Omg, how could people be so cruel" cuz I'm a huge animal lover :)

robm_2007
30-08-10, 17:24
this is kind of a smartass question, but with some substance: (dont take direct offense!:p)

Okay, Hayley for example, is a vegetarian and she believes that humans and animals are equal in importance. AFAIR, she accepts that some ppl eat animals for food. so, if you believe this way also, would you accept that some animals are out there eating people?!

would you find it equally as sad (and acceptable) for a person to eat some chickens or cows, as you would if a bear or lion ate some humans?

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-10, 00:59
They have to eat. Its survival. So yes I do find it equally sad and acceptable.
It that makes sense :p

The Great Chi
31-08-10, 01:47
On youtube there was a woman in the UK got caught recently on CCTV putting a cat in a trash bin for no apparent reason.

They found out who she was through youtube, and she was named and shamed, BAD WOMAN ! , and at work in an un-named supermarket, everyone is boycotting her and refusing to be served by her. BAD WOMAN !

Her job might be on the line now, and she could get sacked. GOOD !

The cat was released from the bin many hours later and recovered from the ordeal, What a bad bad woman.... :mad:

PS ... I love stroking my cats as it relieves stress, they are good to me, and I am good to them ;)

BAD WOMAN VIDEO ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOuCjzVAO_w&NR=1

robm_2007
31-08-10, 02:12
They have to eat. Its survival. So yes I do find it equally sad and acceptable.
It that makes sense :p

Would you let a(n) animal(s) eat you if you were on your death bed, and you were still good enough for consumption?

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-10, 11:27
On youtube there was a woman in the UK got caught recently on CCTV putting a cat in a trash bin for no apparent reason.

They found out who she was through youtube, and she was named and shamed, BAD WOMAN ! , and at work in an un-named supermarket, everyone is boycotting her and refusing to be served by her. BAD WOMAN !

Her job might be on the line now, and she could get sacked. GOOD !

The cat was released from the bin many hours later and recovered from the ordeal, What a bad bad woman.... :mad:

PS ... I love stroking my cats as it relieves stress, they are good to me, and I am good to them ;)

BAD WOMAN VIDEO ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOuCjzVAO_w&NR=1

Yeah I saw that :( Its horrible.

Would you let a(n) animal(s) eat you if you were on your death bed, and you were still good enough for consumption?

I wouldn't try and stop it :vlol:

trXD
31-08-10, 11:33
I agree with pretty much everything harleyrox is saying, and if an animal wanted to eat me after I'm dead, I honestly wouldn't care.

Edit: Oh and that cat woman should probably dye her hair and change her name to Cindy.

But honestly, I think that's terrible that she is being so rejected, she obviously has slight mental health problems to do something that random, she obviously had no reason too.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-10, 11:37
I agree with pretty much everything harleyrox is saying, and if an animal wanted to eat me after I'm dead, I honestly wouldn't care.

aww thankyou sweetie :hug: *high5* :p

trXD
31-08-10, 11:47
Anyone here do volunteering work with animals? I signed up with Evolution a couple weeks ago and I have had the chance to do a couple things that has all been fun :D

My volunteer manager (if that's what you call her) is so nice, she's hooking me up with some work experience with a professional vet soon even though that isn't her job :o

aww thankyou sweetie :hug: *high5* :p

:hug:

This is unrelated, but your profile/album pic, yowza! :eek:

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-10, 11:55
I did do volenteering at a bird of prey centre but now I've enrolled on an animal care course and am looking for a part-time job working with animals. Thats awesome news about getting work experience with a vet!

And awww thankyou :p :hug:

touchthesky
01-09-10, 12:51
Did your course start yet Hayley?

My Spca membership card came today <3.

xXhayleyroxXx
01-09-10, 18:57
Did your course start yet Hayley?

My Spca membership card came today <3.

The induction is on the 9th so next thursday and then it officially starts the week after I think...
And oooo awesome!

ozzman
01-09-10, 20:17
anyone here agree that animal Hoarding is a form of cruelty, i do

robm_2007
01-09-10, 21:42

when they are all encaged (and never allowed to leave it) even if they are in a decent sized age, then yeah, i agree. considering its a prison. unless they are birds or fish.

or unless its a zoo, cuz they have whole acres of places to play and run and swim around in. i want to go to the zoo now :o

Alpharaider47
01-09-10, 22:08

If you can't properly care for all of those animals and never let them out(this is assuming they don't have ample space) then yes I'd agree.

xXhayleyroxXx
01-09-10, 22:28
It depends how animal hoarding is defined... when people can't care for the animals and they are not allowed for a run, or they do not have toys or adequate attention then yes it is extremly cruel and only too common. But potientially, our family could be seen as animal hoarders due to the amount we have, but I assure you; each one is cared for and loved :)

erosan
02-09-10, 06:13
Did uhh....anyone see the video that got surfaced 2 days ago with the girl and the puppies? (if not, don't watch it apparently it's very disturbing)

Shark_Blade
02-09-10, 08:50
I've watched it. It is inhumane and that girl could be uneducated by adults on animal care or she could just be plain evil. But the video is not as disturbing as people make it out to be, I've seen much worse.

xXhayleyroxXx
02-09-10, 12:23
I didn't watch it but I heard about what happened :( How horrible.