PDA

View Full Version : General Test Drive Unlimited Thread (TDU1 & TDU2)

Catracoth
25-08-10, 16:06
Test Drive Unlimited
http://i34.************/n3m2iw.jpg

Developers: Eden Games/Melbourne House
Publishers: Atari
Platforms: Xbox 360, PC, PS2, PSP
Release Date: 5 September 2006

0u9YP2EIvyQ

In the world of Test Drive Unlimited, the player is able to drive both on-road and off-road in free-roam mode, challenging any real life racers they encounter. The roads are modelled after satellite images of the island of Oʻahu. The terrain differs from rainforest and mountains to sandy beaches and Hawaii's capital city, Honolulu. It is worth noting however, that other built-up areas on the island are not represented. It is possible to drive on small islands outside of the main island, and even drive underwater. The latter requires the use of a known exploit in the game. The Xbox 360 version has supported steering wheel controllers since launch. Following the third free update, Test Drive Unlimited supports force feedback wheel controllers such as Microsoft's Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel.

Test Drive Unlimited 2
http://i38.************/j64o7b.png

Developer: Eden Games
Publisher: Atari
Platforms: PS3, Xbox 360, PC
Release Date: 15 January 2011

8JaJ1c2AQfE

There will be a storyline in Test Drive Unlimited 2 to follow for the player. To progress through the game, the player has to earn experience points to level up through the 60 levels. These points can be earned via 5 categories:

Competition (racing, completing challenges)
Social (making friends in the game, race against other people, joining clubs)
Discovery (discover all roads, take photographs of specific locations, find all car wrecks)
Collection (buy cars, houses, furniture, clothing)

The player can earn extra money with how the player drives. Driving like a daredevil and performing stunts, drifting through turns and evading crashes and the traffic will earn the player extra cash. Exploring the island lets the player find vehicle wrecks which will unlock exclusive vehicles at the dealerships on the island. The player can also walk out of the car in certain areas. The player's avatar can be altered by changing hair, clothes, physical appearance and their attitude, and they can also buy houses. Co-op will also make an appearance in the game including a Follow-the-Leader mode. In this mode, players will have to complete a route by driving through checkpoints. When a checkpoint is passed by the leader, the game promotes one of the other drivers as leader. Working together properly is made even more important as only the leader can see the route on his GPS display.

<------------------------------>

Is anyone else a fan of the series and looking forward to TDU2? I just recently learnt that the release date has been pushed back from 21 September to 15 January because of some issues with online servers. Glad to see them taking the time to fix it. :tmb:

jarekhanzelka
25-08-10, 16:12
I really liked (or, tried to like) the first TDU, but I just couldn't quite get used to the driving physics in the game. I've been playing for five hours, and then just couldn't win another race, because I still didn't have the driving down.:( But I really liked it in all other respects.

Catracoth
25-08-10, 16:16
The driving was indeed annoying. It took me quite a bit of time to get used to, and even still, I lost most of the races. I heard it was drastically improved in the sequel. I pray it holds true.

Paddy
26-08-10, 00:56
I hate doing those hitchhiker missions on the first game, holds no real relevance to me in regards to a racing game. The car delivery ones that give me a load of money however I dont complain about :p

Catracoth
26-08-10, 17:25
The hitch-hiker missions were odd. Wasn't there a time limit too? Like, you had to get the person there in a certain amount of time? It's like, hey I was kind enough to give you a ride, don't rush me.

Paddy
28-08-10, 08:39
I do like the car delivery missions, takes awhile but worth it to get it done perfectly.

Catracoth
14-12-10, 15:29
ZZnAxOL5M6w

Sweet. Jesus. <3

Johnnay
20-12-10, 07:51
I hate doing those hitchhiker missions on the first game, holds no real relevance to me in regards to a racing game. The car delivery ones that give me a load of money however I dont complain about :p

this

I do like the car delivery missions, takes awhile but worth it to get it done perfectly.

this as well

OFFICIAL CAR LIST COMING VERY SOON

Catracoth
20-12-10, 21:46
Where did you hear that?

Johnnay
21-12-10, 04:26
Where did you hear that?

their FB Page. its part 1 of the list for now.

ridiculous. 4 types of zondas, 5 types of Veryons... really atari

Alpharaider47
21-12-10, 06:20
Any Aston Martins? :p Friend of mine has the first one, he's trying to convince me to preorder the second one, should I? :p

Catracoth
09-02-11, 12:56
There's a lot of Aston Martins. :D
I got my copy yesterday and it is amaaaaaaaazing!

Alpharaider47
09-02-11, 15:29
There's a lot of Aston Martins. :D
I got my copy yesterday and it is amaaaaaaaazing!

Oh yes, I'm eyeing that One-77 :p Snagged this yesterday as well!