PDA

View Full Version : Bad Week :(

_Beccaty_
25-08-10, 16:23
I cant believe how bad this week has been :(

My cousin found one of his mates in his garage to find he had commited suicide :( He was only 19.

And then a girl who I went to school with crashed her car and is in hospital.
Her passenger died :( Poor girl had wanted to work in the ambulance services. She was 21.

Such wastes of a young lives.

Neither properly directly affect me but for such a small community things like this really hit hard :(

Why cruel world?

TippingWater
25-08-10, 16:27
Because the world is cruel as you said , and it feeds with the weak :( , I just that won't be also my case . Anyway I am sorry for them :( .

pinklaralover
25-08-10, 16:28
I can't find the words to say how sorry I am for you:(

xXhayleyroxXx
25-08-10, 16:28
I am sorry to hear that :( Life can be cruel at times.

voltz
25-08-10, 16:41
I lost an Aunt not too long ago and these things are something you just have to learn to deal with.

Lara_Fan_33
25-08-10, 16:48
hang in there :hug: im really sorry :( life is very cruel sometimes

Avalon SARL
25-08-10, 17:02
OOhhh
I'm so sorry to hear that
Be strong and patient
Life is cruel :(

Alpharaider47
25-08-10, 17:25
The world is a cold, cruel place as many have said. Such a shame that it couldn't have taken a few old politicians or lawyers in these people's stead. It's sad to see such potential disappear :( But it seems that for all the bad in the world, there's still a lot of good, try to cling to some of that optimism! :D

TombOfRaiders
25-08-10, 17:27
I am sorry to hear that :( Life can be cruel at times.

Can be cruel!? Life is always cruel. It throws you in the dirt and when you get out, it throws you back in again.

lara c. fan
25-08-10, 17:28
Can be cruel!? Life is always cruel. It throws you in the dirt and when you get out, it throws you back in again.

Then breaks your nose for effect.

_Beccaty_
25-08-10, 17:33
Then breaks your nose for effect.

Too true.

Its always the good ones that go.

larson n natla
25-08-10, 17:57
That's tragic, I feel so sorry for your cousin having to see his/her friend like that.

I hope your friend pulls through, I'm sorry for her passenger I'm sure it was out of her control.

Rai
25-08-10, 18:45
I'm sorry to hear that. Life can be tough at times it's true, you just have to grasp the good times and hold onto them and keep them in your heart, it helps you to get through the harder times. RIP to those who lost their lives this week, and my heart goes out to those left behind.

_Beccaty_
25-08-10, 19:56
Thanks everyone :hug:
The atmosphere around here at the moment is just unreal.
Hopefully there wont be any more instances of loss of life before their time.

larson n natla
25-08-10, 20:06
You very welcome :hug:

I hope your community stays strong, it's good that you are close knit.

Dennis's Mom
25-08-10, 20:33
Those are certainly bad bits of news. :( I'm sorry.

Your_Envy*
25-08-10, 20:37
I am so sorry to hear that. :( This is really tragical. I know it doesn't help much, but I am sending you one big virtual hug. :hug: Stay strong!

_Beccaty_
25-08-10, 20:46
:hug: It helps :)

knightgames
25-08-10, 21:02
I cant believe how bad this week has been :(

My cousin found one of his mates in his garage to find he had commited suicide :( He was only 19.

And then a girl who I went to school with crashed her car and is in hospital.
Her passenger died :( Poor girl had wanted to work in the ambulance services. She was 21.

Such wastes of a young lives.

Neither properly directly affect me but for such a small community things like this really hit hard :(

Why cruel world?

There are no answers that will make you feel better. That's life comes up woefully short, but it's the truth. The only thing to take away from such hardships is the lessons implied.

One never knows how our words and actions affect another. The slightest uplifting phrase may be enough to keep someone from doing what your cousin's mate did. Remember to try to be compassionate and not quick tempered or insulting (even if it's in jest). It won't deal with the core issue of someone's depression and or mental issues, but it won't hurt either, and it costs nothing.

The accident? Stuff happens. No answer again. These things occur. But take the experience and learn from it. Drive as if every one is out to get you. Don't drive foolishly. Be courteous when you drive. If someone's aggressively driving, let them have their way. Your life is worth way more than the small satisfaction of getting one up on the fellow.

Lastly..... Love. Give it away like it's the most prized gift you want to share.

That's what helps me.

You have my condolences and sympathies. RIP to them both. To the girl who was driving - good thoughts for a quick recovery and the ability to deal with her grief.

EDIT: Can I relate a story to help exemplify what I meant about kind words and actions being enough to help someone in turmoil? I don't want to make this thread about me but I felt I needed to share it.

When I was a Jr. in High School a bunch of classmates from the band always hung out together. Even if it meant driving our bikes distances to meet we did. It wasn't uncommon for the gang of us to have enough to form two softball teams. So that's what we did a lot of the summer.

I wasn't friends with this one kid, but was friendly with his older sister. She fit into the group quite nicely and was thought very highly. This one kid, "Biff" was awkward, needy, and sometimes difficult to be around.

One day we were organizing a softball game and I called Biff's sister to come along and play. Then we'd all go over another friends to swim. Well The sister wasn't home, but Biff was. I really didn't want to invite him, but I didn't want to be a rude jerk so I asked if he'd like to come. I had my license so I picked him up that day. He fit in a little bit better after that day, but was still on the outside looking in on many social groupings.

I got to be good friends with Biff. Was best man at both of his weddings. One day whike discussing the meaning of life and all other important topics of life, he blurted out, "You saved my life you know."

I was confused and asked how. I barely remembered the softball invitation I gave him years before.

"I was sitting on my couch. No one was home. I had just gone through a horrible beating from my dad. I felt friendless, and worthless. I was holding a gun in my hand ready to get the courage to pull the trigger..... but you called.

I was numb. I couldn't believe something so relatively minor could have a huge impact. Her's married with his second wife now. Has a beautiful 6 year old daughter and a dog, house, and NOW a healthy relation with his dad.

It's the little things that add up to the greatest things.

Tommy123
25-08-10, 21:05
im sorry :(

:hug:

_Beccaty_
25-08-10, 21:31
Wow knightgames. You're story is really quite inspiring.
It must have been quite an honour to be told that.

I do feel bad for my cousin though.. He feels if he'd gotten there sooner, his friend would still be here. He tried to save him but it was too late. Hopefully he'll understand it wasnt his fault.

And thanks for all the advice, its muchly appreciated <3