PDA

View Full Version : Please, keep your cat in the house

Solice
27-08-10, 03:24
I hope some of you who let your cats outside will stop the practice and keep your precious fur ball in the house. This whole 'Cat in the garbage can' incident reinforces my belief that house cats belong in the house, where creeps, psychos, vicious kids, dogs, and old miserable Brit hags can't harm them.

larafan25
27-08-10, 03:26
I hope some of you who let your cats outside will stop the practice and keep your precious fur ball in the house. This whole 'Cat in the garbage can' incident reinforces my belief that house cats belong in the house, where creeps, psychos, vicious kids, dogs, and old miserable Brit hags can't harm them.

I am always scared for my cat, but he loves it outside, he is feirce too.

Gurl, don't nobody know those words commin out of his mouth!

Solice
27-08-10, 03:28
I am always scared for my cat, but he loves it outside, he is feirce too.

Gurl, don't nobody know those words commin out of his mouth!

You saw the video, our cats do not generally fear people so they are easy targets. If you have a patio, keep him on a leash where you can supervise him.

larafan25
27-08-10, 03:29
You saw the video, our cats do not generally fear people so they are easy targets. If you have a patio, keep him on a leash where you can supervise him.

I have a back yard, I could keep him on a leash...unfortunately he climbs...I don't want him to hang himself.:/

My cat kills a lot though, he carried home a dead squirrel once, head in it's mouth, body dragging between his legs. O.O

MattTR
27-08-10, 03:29
If I had a cat, I'd much prefer to keep it a house cat.

I used to have a cat and we used to let him outside, it worried me so much. :(

aurora89
27-08-10, 03:32
our cat almost never went outside. If she escaped, she would go on a little jungle kitty adventure and then be back a few minutes later, meowing to be let in. :vlol:

pets are great protect your pets they love you and depend on you even cats.

Tombraiderx08
27-08-10, 03:35
I tried to keep mine in, but she was in heat and jumped out of the upstairs window, so now we're expecting kittens in like a week, lol. If it wants outdoors, it's gonna get out XD

Uzi master
27-08-10, 03:36
if a cat wan't to get out they'll get out:p, theres really nothing wrong with it, that woman was wrong and shoul be prosecuted or something, but how many poeple like that do you think are out there? not that manny.

also cat's ARE animals, they don't belong cooked up in a house forever.

Catracoth
27-08-10, 03:39

I saw that video.
That woman only deserves to rot in Hell.

Lara_Fan_33
27-08-10, 03:43
ive had like 6 cats in the last 10 years (litteraly :() and 5 of them have misteriously gone missing, so im debating making my next one an inside cat, because the last cat that went missing was so precious to me that i almost cried :o despite me being a 15 year old dude :mis: maybe that stupid garbage can lady stole them and put them in garbage cans too :mad:

larafan25
27-08-10, 03:44
ive had like 6 cats in the last 10 years (litteraly :() and 5 of them have misteriously gone missing, so im debating making my next one an inside cat, because the last cat that went missing was so precious to me that i almost cried :o despite me being a 15 year old dude :mis: maybe that stupid garbage can lady stole them and put them in garbage cans too :mad:

OMG IF MY CAT WENT MISSING....I'd cry my balls off!

Wait...my bad...I'd ball my eyes out.

There we go.:pi:

Lara_Fan_33
27-08-10, 04:11
OMG IF MY CAT WENT MISSING....I'd cry my balls off!

Wait...my bad...I'd ball my eyes out.

There we go.:pi:

:vlol: :p

Solice
27-08-10, 05:41

please keep him indoors. And get him fixed, there are way more kittens than good homes. Also, he will spray in the house if you don't.

Shark_Blade
27-08-10, 05:44
Right...
So next time if a kid got kidnapped, lock your kids in your home and never let them out. Ever.
And if somebody got mugged, you should lock yourself in the house and never get out.

That's just riddiculous.

scoopy_loopy
27-08-10, 05:47
The first cat my family ever had was a stray we took in - we left the laundry door open for her to come and go as she pleased, even at night (those were the joys of living rurally :p). But we have a new cat now, who's practically never left the home and we plan on keeping it this way. For a few reasons; so he doesn't get lost mostly, as he has NO sense of direction I think he'd be lost the instant he left the block, so he doesn't get into fights and also of course so he doesn't get run over. It's very busy where we live now.

NemesisxAngelus
27-08-10, 06:34
Sorry. My cats fancy outside too much. Plus the youngest likes spending time with his father as he's not part of the family household, sadly. ;)

igonge
27-08-10, 06:39
My cats don't regularly go out of the garden anyway. I'm not gonna get all paranoid and keep my cats in, kitty poop stinks the place up real bad.

Melonie Tomb Raider
27-08-10, 07:02
I keep my little kitty in the house at all times. :hug:

lara c. fan
27-08-10, 07:05
We always used let our cat out. He used to get slightly annoyed and will hiss and scratch if you didn't :p

Smog
27-08-10, 07:05
Right...
So next time if a kid got kidnapped, lock your kids in your home and never let them out. Ever.
And if somebody got mugged, you should lock yourself in the house and never get out.

That's just riddiculous.

Agreed. This is stupid.

snork
27-08-10, 07:19
sorry, but this is a nonsense reaction to whatever happened somewhere else in the world to ONE cat.

And it is kind of torture to most cats to be stuck in the house, if they are alone, that is. They may well go psychotic or depressive from that.

Of course - you let them out, they maybe get run over by a car or sth.
The way it is.

And why not keep this in that other topic ?

Johnnay
27-08-10, 07:52
This whole 'Cat in the garbage can' incident
-xKDndH4CbY

:mad::mad:

touchthesky
27-08-10, 08:06
Wish my cat had stayed in the house.

And btw, unless you are there 24/7 to entertain then it's cruel to have an indoor cat. Cats strive to be outdoors.

Shark_Blade
27-08-10, 08:10
sorry, but this is a nonsense reaction to whatever happened somewhere else in the world to ONE cat.

And it is kind of torture to most cats to be stuck in the house, if they are alone, that is. They may well go psychotic or depressive from that.

Of course - you let them out, they maybe get run over by a car or sth.
The way it is.

And why not keep this in that other topic ?Exactly what I'm implying. :tmb:

touchthesky
27-08-10, 08:37
Yup, you can't live your life from "what ifs." If you did that you'd not go out at all.

Forwen
27-08-10, 08:49
Right...

Your kid kills a bird or another animal, you teach your kid not to do that. Your cat kills a bird, you either lock it up or continue to let it participate in decimation of other animal populations in the area, because that's what they do.

Cats in homes are pets... Out in the countryside they're useful. Anywhere else they're just pests.

EDIT: And if you don't want your cat to go 'psychotic' from the lack of outdoors, you never let it out in the first place.

Trigger_happy
27-08-10, 10:49
Both our sets of cats have done fine so far going outside- chasing wildlife and climbing things is part of their nature. I think its cruel to force them to stay inside if they can go out. And as Shark_blade said, its a huge over reaction to one crazy woman putting a cat in a bin. Did you know that there are car accidents all over the world? I think you should never go near a road ever. And did you know you can get food poisoning? I think you should never eat anything. And you can drown in the bath, so never shower. In fact, nearly everything is risky- its better to just off yourself and avoid the misery of waiting for something to happen...:mad:

Johnnay
27-08-10, 10:56
Wish my cat had stayed in the house.

And btw, unless you are there 24/7 to entertain then it's cruel to have an indoor cat. Cats strive to be outdoors.

???:confused:

touchthesky
27-08-10, 10:57
???:confused:

What?

What the actual?....

What is the point in putting three question marks and not actually asking a question.

maniakatosheto
27-08-10, 10:57
My Katia stays a house cat ^^

pinklaralover
27-08-10, 11:02
Right...

That's just riddiculous.

if a cat wan't to get out they'll get out:p, theres really nothing wrong with it, that woman was wrong and shoul be prosecuted or something, but how many poeple like that do you think are out there? not that manny.

also cat's ARE animals, they don't belong cooked up in a house forever.

Exactly! I couldnt put It better myself, but this big kitty litter arguement was what I thought based on because cats shouldnt be treated as such and they've got a life, JUST LIKE US, but that could happen to a human as stupid as It sounds, a dog, a rabbit, a rat if you like, so why should cats have to be stuck in the house the whole of their lives? Im pretty sure I wouldnt appreciate my parents keeping me in.

Johnnay
27-08-10, 11:06
What?

What the actual?....

What is the point in putting three question marks and not actually asking a question.

:vlol:

i thought that post was aimed at that vid i posted...

coolaideonfire
27-08-10, 12:15
That's one incident. You can't let it affect the view you have of letting your cat outside, generally I think they're rather safe.

Dennis's Mom
27-08-10, 12:15
There's no question that kittehs in the great outdoors face many more risks than indoor kittehs. I've never had an indoor kitteh go missing.

However, they are cats, and that means they have a tendency to get their way. Once they decide they want outside, they'll try very hard to get there.

jackles
27-08-10, 12:55
Hey there are hags all over the world...not just Brit ones!

My cat goes out...she would consider it the height of cruelty for me to keep in her in. Infact I reckon she would throw herself out of a window. If I give into my fears of what might happen to her then I won't allow her to be free so I would rather she goes out and does her cat thing than be unhappy.

trlestew
27-08-10, 12:58

Umm...

Just because it is a house cat doesn't mean you can't let it outside >_<
What if it's too hot inside, you wan't them to vomit all over the floor? (it happens) Cat's are still animials, they need to go outside once in a while. You just need to keep an eye out on them or have a backyard or something. Just keeping them in all the time is sort of cruel in my opinion.

Ada the Mental
27-08-10, 13:11
We keep ours indoors since we live in an appartment. But we'd probably keep them inside anyway because there are too many cars in our neighbourhood. They jumped off the balcony a couple of times but they didn't seem to like it outside that much after all.

peeves
27-08-10, 13:32
My mother has 2 cats and one of them goes outside just sniffing for something though i cannot tell what he's sniffing for. The other cat stays inside because mary the cat would chase him away up the stairs.

Super Badnik
27-08-10, 14:52
What? Seriously? But thats just not how Cats roll. They're much more free spirited than most pets and will always be going outside, their just not the type of animal you can have absolute control of. My cat practically lives outside. She would hate it if I shut her in all day, and remember cats have got to pee and etc at some point.

IceColdLaraCroft
27-08-10, 14:57
I grew up with cats being "outdoor" kitties(we never had a litterbox) until one night one of our cats was outside in a rainstorm and fell into our pool :( (he was almost 10)

Next time we had cats they were indoor kitties, but the boy cat developed bladder stones (according to the vet it's common in male cats) and when we couldn't afford to pay for the surgery he was put down. Our vet later found out he had cancer and the stones were just part of it or something. (he was only 3) :(

So either way there's nothing guaranteed with your cat

ajrich17901
27-08-10, 15:14
When I was younger none of our cats wanted any part of being outside. Which is good, when a pet wonders on its own your either gonna A.Lose it, or B.Have baby cats lmao. I'd rather keep my pets indoors unless its a dog.

SamReeves
27-08-10, 15:14
I see plenty of kitties outside here all the time. Many are well behaved, like it if you stop to pet them, and it can be a good thing. I know I wouldn't want to be cooped up all day long.

lara c. fan
27-08-10, 15:15
When I was younger none of our cats wanted any part of being outside. Which is good, when a pet wonders on its own your either gonna A.Lose it, or B.Have baby cats lmao. I'd rather keep my pets indoors unless its a dog.

My two cats did none of those 2 things... :confused:

Trigger_happy
27-08-10, 15:22
My two cats did none of those 2 things... :confused:

Same here. Ours have been lovely and nothing has happened to them. Apparently everyone else has suicidal, whorish cats...

jaywalker
27-08-10, 15:28
Cats are active animals, they may be domesticated but you cannot actually `train` a cat to forget its natural instincts to hunt etc.. locking a cat up because of some nut on youtube is an overreaction.. As someone put if u follow that thought process thru, then we shouldnt allow children outside ever etc in case they get attacked, it goes on..

yes its sad that there are nutters out there, but dont stop nature because of it

Rai
27-08-10, 15:38
I've had two cats, our first was put outside during the day and kept in at night, our second cat was an indoor cat all the time. I worried about our first cat, but she rarely strayed further than the gardens anyway. Of course cats can go missing or get hurt, but I'm not going to let paranoia get in the way of what comes natural to a cat.

Lara's Nemesis
27-08-10, 15:47
I can understand why people would be worried when their cat is outdoors but it is better for the animal imo.

They usually stick to their territory anyway. One of my friends cats used to walk me down the road when I left. :hug::D She always stopped at exactly the same spot tho.

Rai
27-08-10, 15:49
I was cat sitting a friend's cat once and he used to do that when I went to work. He'd walk as far as the end of the first road and stop. It's so cute :D

Nenya awakens
27-08-10, 15:52
If you kept my cat inside the house at all times he would scratch me to death, he is a tom and needs to be outside exploring, I'm letting him enjoy it until I slice his manhood off next week.

Lara's Nemesis
27-08-10, 15:58
I was cat sitting a friend's cat once and he used to do that when I went to work. He'd walk as far as the end of the first road and stop. It's so cute :D

Yeah, it was really cute. She would quite happily trot along right at my feet. I was like "What the hell are you doing?" the first time.:D

If you kept my cat inside the house at all times he would scratch me to death, he is a tom and needs to be outside exploring, I'm letting him enjoy it until I slice his manhood off next week.

Lol, poor cat.

larson n natla
27-08-10, 16:27
The answer to this dilemma is to have a dog as a pet :jmp:

tizerist
27-08-10, 16:49
Well my cat is an indoors cat, which I feel a bit bad about, especially when she stares out the window at a pidgeon and makes that clucking noise.
I would love to let her out occasionally, but I got outvoted in my family. This is a major fox zone though, and in the early hours of the morning the catfights outside can be terribly violent.
She has plenty of toys, attention, food, catnip, bedding and a fair bit of space. We keep every door possible open for her, (well I do anyway) and always at least 1 window is open so she can go on the windowsill.
If I can't give her the outdoors, I make darn sure shes got everything else.

And that woman should be locked up for a year with bread and water.

Mikky
27-08-10, 18:33
Okay, then......... _

Shark_Blade
28-08-10, 06:06
Your kid kills a bird or another animal, you teach your kid not to do that. Your cat kills a bird, you either lock it up or continue to let it participate in decimation of other animal populations in the area, because that's what they do.

Cats in homes are pets... Out in the countryside they're useful. Anywhere else they're just pests.

EDIT: And if you don't want your cat to go 'psychotic' from the lack of outdoors, you never let it out in the first place.Your argument makes no sense. Could you explain properly?

Anniversary Lara
28-08-10, 10:33
I just watched the video. I've had many cats before. One time one of them came home being poisened and he died a day after. Another cat came home with broken bones (she survived). We think that both of them got abused by people outside. Now I have a cat I keep inside. I don't want to find her dead or heavily abused on the streets someday.

CuteKittenlol
28-08-10, 10:35
My cat likes it indoors and outdoors, we try to keep him in at night because he's old now but otherwise i can't lock the poor bugger inside if he wants to go out :/

RunrigNutter
28-08-10, 10:46
My cat doesn't go outside, suppose we dont have a garden. But my friends cat goes outside as it's in their blood, from big cats in the wild. If I was mugged, would it be fair I I locked myself in the house, and never leave the house ever again?

Laras Dream
28-08-10, 11:00
I think this worrying is a bit silly. :p I've had cat for years and she runs were ever she wants outside and is perfectly fine. :)

ThatNorskChick
28-08-10, 19:01
I think we should lock people in their houses lolol.

AmericanAssassin
28-08-10, 19:22
I see plenty of kitties outside here all the time. Many are well behaved, like it if you stop to pet them, and it can be a good thing. I know I wouldn't want to be cooped up all day long.

Pretty much my thought on the matter. My old cat spent a good amount of time indoors and outdoors. That seemed fine to me.

pinklaralover
28-08-10, 22:01
I think we should lock people in their houses lolol.

:vlol:

EscondeR
30-08-10, 09:16
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=172213