PDA

View Full Version : The Agency

t-raider26
27-08-10, 04:21
Official Website:
http://theagency.station.sony.com/verification.vm

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/ce/The_Agency_logo.jpg

The Agency is a spy themed MMO shooter set to be released on December 12, 2010 for the PS3 and PC.

Gameplay: The game will feature first-person shooter-style gun fighting, with the ability to switch between third and first person views, with some driving and other vehicular segments as well. Skill will be the primary determining factor in the success of the player, though some RPG elements will come into play as well. It has been mentioned that one shot to the head will instantly kill any player, suggesting it will be a somewhat realistic shooter. The game will also include subgames and minigames.

Story: There is little released on the storyline, although it is hinted that there will be one that ties together all of the agencies within the game.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skpnd6Mf3Bs

Catracoth
27-08-10, 04:24
Whoa big font.
I remember reading about this awhile back on MI6.co.uk (http://www.mi6.co.uk).

scremanie
27-08-10, 04:27
I wanna check this out when it arrives :D.

t-raider26
27-08-10, 04:27
Sorry, im on my PS3 and it looks alot smaller :p

But yeah, I cant wait for this :jmp: It looks like its gonna be pretty epic :D

Catracoth
27-08-10, 04:31
I hope it's not like APB whereas you have to pay to play.

scremanie
27-08-10, 04:32
I keep getting this mixed up with Agent.
:o

t-raider26
27-08-10, 04:33
Yeah that'd suck. If that's the case I likely wont buy it... I was all stoked for DC Universe, then when I found out you had to pay I was completely turned off :pi:

Catracoth
27-08-10, 04:34
Agent sounds fantastic too. The Agency is a typical spy copycat though - I mean, I'm on the website now, and one of the characters has the same gun that James Bond uses - Walther P99. Do they really think that's the ultimate spy weapon or something? :p

t-raider26
27-08-10, 04:37
Agent sounds good too :D And I never noticed the "copycat" thing. I'm sure it'll still be good though :)

scremanie
27-08-10, 04:38
:vlol:

hahahahahaha!

t-raider26
27-08-10, 04:41
As long as they dont copy too many things (constant use of wigs, anonymous billionare funding an agency, game chapters seperated into hours etc... :p) I dont really mind XD

Trigger_happy
27-08-10, 10:39
I'm quite excited for this- it looks quite fun actually. And apparently, it'll be free to play, but we'll see in the end. I just really want some more news on it.

Catracoth
27-08-10, 16:15
And apparently, it'll be free to play, but we'll see in the end.

Where did you read this?

larson n natla
27-08-10, 16:34
I thought this was something to do with the Hitman series :(

robm_2007
27-08-10, 20:17
I thought this was something to do with the Hitman series :(

me too, but i wasnt too optomistic.

Catracoth
27-08-10, 20:29
Wouldn't it be called Hitman: The Agency if that were the case? :p

robm_2007
27-08-10, 20:31
Wouldn't it be called Hitman: The Agency if that were the case? :p

he works for The Agency, so i thought it might be a thread specifically about his employers and their business; but that thread wouldnt last long, as theres not much to talk about it considering theres not much we know about The Agency.

Catracoth
27-08-10, 20:34
Ah, yes, the ICA. I hope they reveal more in Hitman 5.

Samsdad
27-08-10, 20:40
LOL. When I first saw this I wondered what an spy based MMO was going to be like. What would you do? Run around spying on each other? Then I saw that it was going to be pretty much a generic shooter with spy thematic skins. At that point it did not look very good. I think I will pass on this one.

robm_2007
27-08-10, 20:42

i wonder if the "Your Majesty" Diana was talking to at the end of BM was Elizabeth II?

:pi:

anyways, were getting off-topic, and i dont want to have to report us.

larson n natla
27-08-10, 20:42
he works for The Agency, so i thought it might be a thread specifically about his employers and their business; but that thread wouldnt last long, as theres not much to talk about it considering theres not much we know about The Agency.

I hope Diana is the last hit of the series, that would be an epic way to end the series.

Me too :tmb:

trlestew
27-08-10, 20:43
Yeah, spy themed...shoot-out? :confused:

Well, if I were to forget about the theme, then I guess this could be good.
Although it just looks like a shooter so far, no mmo elements.

If you call lots of players an mmo, then I guess MAG is one as well :|
I'll wait for more info.

Catracoth
27-08-10, 20:45
Yeah, spy themed...shoot-out? :confused:

It's rather contradicting isn't it?
Like, usually when I hear 'spy' I think of stealthy espionage, not shoot-outs in public.

trlestew
27-08-10, 20:48
Yep, but I might be reading wrong.
There are supposed to be two factions in the game, The Mercanries (Guns blazing)
and the spy's (tactical) I hope that gameplay was just an early brief preview of the Mercanries.

Catracoth
27-08-10, 20:51
Mercenaries are Paragon.
Spies are UNITE.

I thought I saw a mixture of both in there. Either way, I'll be joining UNITE, naturally.