PDA

View Full Version : How To Make Monopoly [More] Fun

Catracoth
28-08-10, 00:29
It's well known that quite a lot of people don't find Monopoly a fun game. Well, here's an interesting article that'll help liven things up in your next game.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/how-to-make-monopoly-fun/1408875

StefanJ94
28-08-10, 00:34
How can anyone not find Monopoly a fun game? :confused:
I've been playing it for like 9 years and I'm still loving it :D

I, Tomb Raider
28-08-10, 00:36
I am always the bank. :pi:

xcrushterx
28-08-10, 00:36
I love Monopoly so I do not need this <3

MattTR
28-08-10, 00:37
^ I agree, I find it fun, but sometimes it can go on. :eek:

A way I learned is shuffling the properties and handing them out in the beginning, that way it moves a little quicker and people can exchange and trade if they please.

StefanJ94
28-08-10, 00:37

:vlol: lmao, poor you :hug: I'm never the bank xD i'm always the tycoon :D

snork
28-08-10, 00:51
I find it boring, because there isn't that much to do in the first place, but mainly because the game is basically decided after a short while but to play through it will still take some more hours. So way too long end-game for my taste.

But yes, we always played with the free parking wins you money. It never occurred to us that this could make the game worse.

Those suggestions maybe actually make it better, but that only goes to show that Monopoly sellers (developpers, lol) didn't do their job properly.

And I don't buy that with the "most-played boardgame".

jackali
28-08-10, 01:00
Preposterous! :vlol:

Monopoly doesn't need livening up. :p

And the utilities are hardly useless.

t-raider26
28-08-10, 01:47
The only thing I hated about Monopoly was how there was so much cash, and how easily it got unorganized. But now there's electric Monopoly, which is perfect imo :)

Alpharaider47
28-08-10, 01:53

Monopoly is great the way it is! Go and buy the Indiana Jones themed one if you need it to be more fun :p Seriously, mine's in a wooden crate style box and all too, it's bloody awesome.

StefanJ94
28-08-10, 01:56
Monopoly is great the way it is! Go and buy the Indiana Jones themed one if you need it to be more fun :p Seriously, mine's in a wooden crate style box and all too, it's bloody awesome.

:vlol: I was thinking Family Guy or Clone Wars :D
I'll conciser it next time I'm going shopping :) since my old monopoly got stolen by 3 year old brats :mad:

Alpharaider47
28-08-10, 01:57
:vlol: I was thinking Family Guy or Clone Wars :D
I'll conciser it next time I'm going shopping :) since my old monopoly got stolen by 3 year old brats :mad:

Well, you buy whatever theme you like, but for me I prefer Indy because isn't Monopoly about achieving "Fortune and glory kid, fortune and glory"?

Capt. Murphy
28-08-10, 02:36
I've never played it. :confused:

But, with the new rules, it sounds fun.

matrix54
28-08-10, 03:32
:hug:

Passing out pink 5s and white singles like there is no tomorrow. :ton:
a 10 on occasion. :pi: