PDA

View Full Version : Roller coaster Tycoon 3

Nenya awakens
28-08-10, 19:46
I've been playing this over the last week, but I am suddenly struggling to build a coaster with an excitement rating over 7, my Intensity rating is always Ultra extreme but I just cant seem to make it exciting.

any tips for building an exciting Roller coaster?

TheBloodRed
28-08-10, 20:11
SPAM THE HELL OUT OF THE AREA AROUND THE COASTER WITH DECORATIONS.

The bigger the single decoration is the more excitement it will go up.

Using this method you can make people pay to ride a ride they will always throw up on! (but placing a pay toilet at the exit always helps and creates a steady revenue. Total evil lulz but it works!)

Plus I have been playing RCT since the beginning and these tricks work in all three. :3

If you need anymore RCT support, just let me know! ^_^

Tomoraider
28-08-10, 20:18
Ah, the good old Roller Coaster Tycoon.
I used to play RCT and RCT 2 all the time, I really enjoyed them.
I also love RCT 3, but it somehow doesn't feel classic.
My coasters always used to suck, but suddenly, I started to build them well. :D

TheBloodRed
28-08-10, 20:32
RCT3 is just like one and two just in 3d. The major difference is camera controls and that is what usually trips up players but otherwise everything is still the same pretty much.

Darn, Nenya... yer gonna make me wanna play it again!!

Maybe we can share our creations in this thread or something. :P

Nenya awakens
28-08-10, 21:01
SPAM THE HELL OUT OF THE AREA AROUND THE COASTER WITH DECORATIONS.

The bigger the single decoration is the more excitement it will go up.

Using this method you can make people pay to ride a ride they will always throw up on! (but placing a pay toilet at the exit always helps and creates a steady revenue. Total evil lulz but it works!)

Plus I have been playing RCT since the beginning and these tricks work in all three. :3

If you need anymore RCT support, just let me know! ^_^

Decorations? such as?

Well I've almost finished soaked, but I haven't done much on Wild or the normal game, so I'm on the Halloween one atm.

TheBloodRed
28-08-10, 21:33
Doesn't matter the theme, never does. Just put something that matches the theme you want so that YOU are happy and spam stuff all over. You will see a dramatic increase in Excitement value.

The "movie scene" style action scene decorations do wonders as well. :P

Uzi master
28-08-10, 21:37
well, that's the cheap way to do it, but it won't help intensity. remember to bank turns, don't speed coasters to insane sppeds, the main cause of exitement is really just hill's.

TheBloodRed
28-08-10, 21:55
Intensity and Nausea are easy to get so no need for help on those, plus it was already said that Excitement was the only rating needed help with!! xD

EDIT: So when is everyone gonna post screens of their masterpieces? I WANNA SEE!!!

I think my saves got deleted which SUCKS but I could always remake new and more exciting attractions. :P

For those who are wondering about playing RCT3 but have RCT2: You CAN trade over RCT1 and RCT2 coasters over to RCT3 to help you immediately with the awesome rides you have already built before. :P

Uzi master
28-08-10, 22:47
by help intensity I meant lower it;)

high intensity is usually bad and by the time you get to ultra or ultra-exreme almost no one will ride and the exitement actually go's down.

The Great Chi
28-08-10, 22:55
I only liked these games when you could get the PC cheat for a bank balence of millions of dollars, then money was no object :tmb:

I would build mega parks taking up the whole play area, fill it with rides, and get masses of visitors in, get the park overflowing with people, get them all sick, and sack all the path cleaners :mis:

I loved that game :D

PS ... Never played RCT3 though, must have a look, and see if there is the millionare cheat, before buying it :p

StefanJ94
28-08-10, 22:56
Adding big decorations around the coaster like: T-Rex, Temples, House on the Haunted Hill, Devils etc. will increase the excitement of the coaster.

EDIT: So when is everyone gonna post screens of their masterpieces? I WANNA SEE!!!

Hold your horses, I just installed it yesterday :D :vlol:

but I don't do coasters much, mostly parks =/

PS ... Never played RCT3 though, must have a look, and see if there is the millionare cheat, before buying it :p

RCT3 has a sandbox mode, with unlimited cash :D

pinklaralover
28-08-10, 23:09
I miss this game!
I lost it 'doe.

Nenya awakens
28-08-10, 23:10
I only liked these games when you could get the PC cheat for a bank balence of millions of dollars, then money was no object :tmb:

I would build mega parks taking up the whole play area, fill it with rides, and get masses of visitors in, get the park overflowing with people, get them all sick, and sack all the path cleaners :mis:

I loved that game :D

I'd like to do that but I love the challenge of earning a profit, but it's annoying working with a small area on career mode and not being able to build much

TheBloodRed
29-08-10, 00:45
RCT3 has a sandbox mode, with unlimited cash :D

And with it you can save the coaster to use in campaign or wherever else. You can use the money cheat to be able to buy it too haha!

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/rollercoastertycoon3/hints.html?tag=tabs%3Bcheats

List of all the cheats for all you lazy people. (lazy as in helping you find the site, nothing lazy about adding funds or anything... we all do that! :ton:)

TheBloodRed
29-08-10, 03:00
I'd like to do that but I love the challenge of earning a profit, but it's annoying working with a small area on career mode and not being able to build much

Easy way to get money without much hassle. It is a very mean tactic but works in all RCT:

1. Build your park as normal.
2. Make sure all ammenities exist and you have some fun and pricey(resonably) coasters or thrill rides(at least thrills)
3. When you have an ample number of Peeps in your park, delete all pathways in front of the entrance. This works better on 1 and 2 but also on 3(though on 3 guests walk on grass a lot more freely).
4. Peeps are now locked into your park and are scripted to spend money to fix their conditions(hunger, thirst, restroom etc) when they are in a hazardous state. They will also constantly visit your attractions for entertainment.
5. ????
6. PROFIT

The Great Chi
29-08-10, 10:15
Easy way to get money without much hassle. It is a very mean tactic but works in all RCT:

When you have an ample number of Peeps in your park, delete all pathways in front of the entrance.......... Peeps are now locked into your park and are scripted to spend money to fix their conditions(hunger, thirst, restroom etc) when they are in a hazardous state. You are so cruel and devious :p

Well done :tmb:

Alex Fly
29-08-10, 10:57
Why creating a new thread where there was already one recent :confused: => http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=89867

About RC3, I'm feeling nostalgic these days and I'm (re)playing it. So additicting ! :tmb:

TheBloodRed
29-08-10, 21:42
I just replayed some today. WTF was I thinking with some of these ride designs? xD

Still having trouble getting big tube slides ending in water or whatever. The way they end is kinda difficult to design and it isn't well explained to me. :(