PDA

View Full Version : Electric Shavers

TippingWater
28-08-10, 22:38
Which electric razor is the best , which one would you recommend ? Is Philips HQ7310 a good electric shaver ? Should I buy it ? Sorry for making a thread for something like this , but I never owned or used one before , so I don't want to get unpleasant surprises , like razor burns .

Little-Lara
29-08-10, 00:09
I can understand the thread alright. But what's withe the Bold font?

U should check out the reviews on youtube. But to fully try it, u should buy it and return it if its not ok for you.

IceColdLaraCroft
29-08-10, 00:10
you're more likely to get ingrown hairs with an electric razor.

But if you need one, don't get a cheap one try to find one that has a built-in moisturizing system...Braun is a good brand

[Xmas]
29-08-10, 00:15
I can understand the thread alright. But what's withe the Bold font?I think it's just his custom font :D

Catracoth
29-08-10, 00:15
I don't recommend electric shavers. They aren't as efficient compared to regular razors.

Little-Lara
29-08-10, 00:19
;4857105']I think it's just his custom font :D

Ah. cool it is then. :D

Mr.Burns
29-08-10, 00:29
I don't recommend electric shavers. They aren't as efficient compared to regular razors.

Eh, it's a trade off. I use an electric for the fact that it's cheaper in the long run since I'm not paying for shaving cream or new blades. Of course on the other side, I don't get quite as close of a shave but I also have sensitive skin so *shrugs* Also, one could go with a straight razor, that requires some serious technique but at least you wouldn't have to replace blades as often :p

My personal opinion: Electric.

TippingWater
29-08-10, 00:32
[B];4857105']I think it's just his custom font :D

:hug:

Wait , so the electric ones actually make skin more sensitive than the regular ones ?:confused:

Catracoth
29-08-10, 00:32
Eh, it's a trade off. I use an electric for the fact that it's cheaper in the long run since I'm not paying for shaving cream or new blades. Of course on the other side, I don't get quite as close of a shave but I also have sensitive skin so *shrugs* Also, one could go with a straight razor, that requires some serious technique but at least you wouldn't have to replace blades as often :p

My personal opinion: Electric.

Really, Mark? I haven't used an electric shaver in ages. I might have to give it another go - I remember giving it a try once and hating it - the shave wasn't even that close and I always felt the stubble. Maybe it was the brand? Hmm. I've done a straight razor on myself a couple of times. Nearly sliced my own throat on account of my nervousness. :p

Mr.Burns
29-08-10, 00:48
[B]

:hug:

Wait , so the electric ones actually make skin more sensitive than the regular ones ?:confused:

I've found it to be the exact opposite.

Really, Mark? I haven't used an electric shaver in ages. I might have to give it another go - I remember giving it a try once and hating it - the shave wasn't even that close and I always felt the stubble. Maybe it was the brand? Hmm. I've done a straight razor on myself a couple of times. Nearly sliced my own throat on account of my nervousness. :p

well, yes the model and design are important. And as for a straight razor, it's best to get the technique down first with a dull one or something similar but not sharp before you try the real deal.

Dark Lugia 2
29-08-10, 01:09
Hmm, I have very sensitive skin and I use razors (Gilette Mach3.. the most popular gilette I think) :/ I dunno if I should try an electric cause I love having a close shave, but if its better for sensitive skin I'd love to try.

Nice thread btw, sounds like it'll be very informative :D.

MattTR
29-08-10, 02:23
I got an electric shaver for Christmas, and now I can't find it. :rolleyes:

So I've been using a regular one, I always manage to cut myself.. which is why I go longer without shaving. (Due to my blond hair, I can get away with it anyway). :ton:

Uzi master
29-08-10, 05:09
there's always laser hair removal :whi:

scremanie
29-08-10, 05:10
Mine just broke :'(

Capt. Murphy
29-08-10, 13:59
I've got one, still have it... From many years ago as a Christmas present. I can't say I get (or even really want) to use it. But this is the trade off... It's quick, and you don't have to use shaving cream (yeah, I know. Already been said).

The downside? You'll need to shave the next day. Well, I do anyway. It's not an even cut in that it can miss a few whiskers. But other E.R. might work better than the one I have.

Shaving your neck... That's hard enough with a regular razor, but that is THE toughest part to shave and get smooth.... Unlike the sides of your face or your jaws.

I used to have a hard time shaving around my mustache area, always getting nicks and cuts. But not anymore. Again, the neck is the.... most annoying place to have to shave. And I hate if I get ready for work late and nick someplace on my neck. I have to wear dress shirts, and I've had a few times where blood would get on my collar. :hea:

TippingWater
29-08-10, 14:19
Hmm, I have very sensitive skin and I use razors (Gilette Mach3.. the most popular gilette I think) :/ I dunno if I should try an electric cause I love having a close shave, but if its better for sensitive skin I'd love to try.

Nice thread btw, sounds like it'll be very informative :D.

Thanks !:) Atm I also use the Gillete Mach 3 razor , but I get razor bumps , which drives me crazy , especially since I don't leave them alone and pick at them :( .

edit: This is the shaver I think of buying:
6jiHKlg0UlM

woody543
29-08-10, 14:30
I really need an electric shaver, I'm the most energetically challenged. And so always leave it weeks before shaving. But then I need to shave for college, and I don't need the closest of shaves, just it gone. So this thread is helpful.

The Great Chi
29-08-10, 15:29
I never use expensive 3 head Phillips or Remington because they make more money with replacement shaver heads than the actual complete shaver itself. The blades last a very short time before they are blunt, usially a few months.

What I do when I want an electric shaver is buy a load of the cheap two circular bladed travel electric razors, either battery operated phillips or mains rechargable travel remingtons at roughly $16 ( 10) each.

It is actually cheaper to throw these shavers in the bin after they are blunt, rather than get replacement heads. Green be dammed :p

Example .......

Phillips two circular blades battery shaver complete... $16 (10)

Two replacement circular blades bought individually $17 each x 2 = $34 (22)

A three blade headed shaver would be $17 x 3, ARGH !

You get the picture.

Its a crazy world when consumables (the circular blades) are twice as much to buy than the whole razor complete.

Reminds me of the extorsionate price of car parts, Don't get me started :D

Shark_Blade
29-08-10, 16:05
there's always laser hair removal :whi:If you want permanent black marks on your face then go ahead. Some women do laser on their armpit but it leaves some black marks...

Lara's Nemesis
29-08-10, 16:08
I used to have some Braun but don't like electric razors. I use bic disposables and shaving foam.

God Horus
29-08-10, 16:10
I use a Phillips 3 head electric shaver and I love it! It has a trimmer at the back which is really useful and the shaver is so strong and I know it doesn't cut as close as a blade but it looks and feels the same. And using an electric shaver is much easier and quicker because you don't have to worry about shaving cream, new blades, etc. And with a 3 head shaver you can shave up and down and in circles and because it does not cut as close as a blade you will never get in grown hairs or anything. It takes some time getting used to using an electric shaver, especially if you shave everyday because you are rubbing a hunk of metal on your face with no real lubrication but you will get used to it!

Lara Croft!
29-08-10, 16:24
One thing I recommend is to buy shavers with a wire, and not rechargeable ones. I bought one for my boyfriend, so that he could move freely, but after a few months the battery's juice ran out too soon and took hours to recharge.

MiCkiZ88
29-08-10, 16:29
I have Braun series 5, and I love it. Really fast recharge *just plug it in for a minute after the battery is dead, and you can have a good shave*, and it lasts for a week or two with an hour charge.

It works better for my chin and whiskers, but under my chin I have to use a blade because it cant get close enough to cut the hair on my throat.

larson n natla
29-08-10, 17:41
I use a Gillette Fusion razor it isn't electrical but it does the job and I'm 15 and have been shaving for nearly a year now and had no problems and I have sensitive skin ;)

Don't use an electric razor as your first apparently it can cause ingrown hair and give rashes.

scion89
29-08-10, 17:47
Just remember these sage words: Exfoliate, Rinse, Shave, Exfoliate, and Rinse.

1st Exfoliate to lift up the hair.
2nd Exfoliate to remove dead skin and hair.

I prefer electric because its nicer on my skin.

robm_2007
29-08-10, 19:34
i use a Gillete Fusion Power; so its kinda and electric and normal razor. it doesnt do a good job at shaving my chin hairs, and i can never get a smooth shave there.

i really hate shaving. although i didnt have to start shaving until i was 19 (thank God, cuz i really find it tedious to do). and ive started to get facial hair on my upper neck area, which i didnt have before. i want to buy an electric shaver, but they are rather costly.

i looked online (Target) and they can range from $30-$170. :eek: i know i might get a $60 one, so that its a crappy one, but its not so fancy adn overpriced.

TippingWater
29-08-10, 21:24
I found a cheap one , the Philips HQ-6920/16 , should I buy it is is any good ?:confused: