PDA

View Full Version : Woman charged over schoolgirl dog attack.

pinklaralover
30-08-10, 22:41
http://news.uk.msn.com/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=154536510

what I fail to understand Is, why should the dog owner be charged for not being able to keep them under control? It doesnt depend on her how their behaviour is.

xXhayleyroxXx
30-08-10, 22:45

what I fail to understand Is, why should the dog owner be charged for not being able to keep them under control? It doesnt depend on her how their behaviour is.

Of course it does! These dogs have to put down now due to her negligence. Cases like these really annoy me -- not only because the poor girl needs plastic surgery, but because the dogs acted like this due to human negligence. Yet another bad reputation story for rotties... when they're lovely dogs when treated correctly.

Lara's Nemesis
30-08-10, 22:45
This happened in my hometown. :(

The dog owner should be charged, she let these 2 rottweilers roam around. They should have been on a lead.

robm_2007
30-08-10, 22:47
ugh.....poor girl; i have direct experience in this sort of situation, just not from her perspective. :(

xXhayleyroxXx
30-08-10, 22:48
This happened in my hometown. :(

The dog owner should be charged, she let these 2 rottweilers roam around. They should have been on a lead.

yeah and failing to keep them on a leash and allow them to roam shows she is an unfit owner.

Alpharaider47
30-08-10, 22:48

I think a lot of it has to do on how the animal is raised. Certain dog breeds probably are more aggressive than others, but if you don't do anything to sort of curb that or keep it under control then it's your own fault for what it does. On top of that you own that animal and are responsible for taking care of it. So if it harms someone, you *are* responsible :o Nobody says you have to have that kind of dog if you don't know how to take care of it.

xXhayleyroxXx
30-08-10, 22:49
I think a lot of it has to do on how the animal is raised. Certain dog breeds probably are more aggressive than others, but if you don't do anything to sort of curb that or keep it under control then it's your own fault for what it does. On top of that you own that animal and are responsible for taking care of it. So if it harms someone, you *are* responsible :o

Indeed :tmb:

Super Badnik
30-08-10, 22:49
"Once we were inside, the rottweilers were peering in the living-room window. We were so scared."
I'm sorry but: lol.
Anyway, very sad that the dogs had to be put down, they don't sound as if they were actually malicous animals.

Squibbly
30-08-10, 22:51
I've known plenty of perfect, well behaved Rottweilers. I think it comes down to how they're raised, and negligence of the owner as a couple of other people have mentioned.

Of course this woman should be charged; she didn't have her dogs on a leash. That is against the law, no excuse.

SpongeBob Lover
30-08-10, 22:54
poor rottweillers :(

Lara's Nemesis
30-08-10, 22:55
From what I've heard, the owner of the dogs got in a taxi and left the scene of the attack as well. Doubt whether she phoned an ambulance first either.

xXhayleyroxXx
30-08-10, 22:59
From what I've heard, the owner of the dogs got in a taxi and left the scene of the attack as well. Doubt whether she phoned an ambulance first either.

Urghhhh. Thats actually disgusting. Im really annoyed and upset at this :/ Poor dogs!

peeves
30-08-10, 23:03
I don't think the woman should be charged just because she didn't keep the dogs in control. I mean she couldn't keep the dogs in control because the rottweilers are so aggresive the lady doesn't control the dogs' behavior. Well only if she kept them inside.

Squibbly
30-08-10, 23:03
^ Could have kept them on a leash at least.

Chocola teapot
30-08-10, 23:04
How Terrible...

And so the woman should be.

robm_2007
30-08-10, 23:05

that deserves a jail (or even a prison) sentence, payment of the girl's hospital bills, and a hefty Pain and Suffering fine.

Lara's Nemesis
30-08-10, 23:07
^

I agree robm.

Urghhhh. Thats actually disgusting. Im really annoyed and upset at this :/ Poor dogs!

Yeah, I think people should be vetted before they are allowed to own certain breeds of dog.

The 2 dogs are getting put down, their owner has already agreed to this. No other choice really.

There was a rottweiler puppy there as well, no idea what is happenning to that tho.

xXhayleyroxXx
30-08-10, 23:08
I don't think the woman should be charged just because she didn't keep the dogs in control. I mean she couldn't keep the dogs in control because the rottweilers are so aggresive the lady doesn't control the dogs' behavior. Well only if she kept them inside.

she made them that way though. They're aggressive because of her

@Lara's Nemesis - oh yeah , I totally agree :tmb:

TRfan23
30-08-10, 23:08
Well, it's the owners fault, she should have taken extra care of the dogs. Rottweilers can be aggressive (apparently it's in their breed), and imo aren't designed to be kept as pets by basic human owners. Especially if the owner has very young children!

Alpharaider47
30-08-10, 23:10

But if she couldn't control them to some degree she shouldn't have even had them in the first place =/

peeves
30-08-10, 23:25
she made them that way though. They're aggressive because of her

@Lara's Nemesis - oh yeah , I totally agree :tmb:

I thought the rottweilers were aggressive anyway even if the owner took real good care of them.

Rai
30-08-10, 23:46
that deserves a jail (or even a prison) sentence, payment of the girl's hospital bills, and a hefty Pain and Suffering fine.

Jail is prison (:p), but yeah, that is completely irresponsible.

It annoys me when dogs are given a bad reputation when the owners are to blame for being irresponsible. If you're going to have a dog like a rottweiler, a breed that can be really gentle when looked after properly, then you should be vetted. But then there are private breeders who sell to anyone as well. All dogs have the potential to be aggressive if treated wrongly, it is an owners responsibility not to let that happen.

I feel sorry for the girl for needing surgery and for the dogs who'lll be put down over this. :(

wantafanta
30-08-10, 23:52
Rotweillers and pit bulls can inflict very serious bites. Your chances of surviving an attack by most other breeds are much greater. I am suspicious of the kind of people who choose to own these breeds. What's wrong with a Collie, for Pete's sake?

xXhayleyroxXx
30-08-10, 23:55
I thought the rottweilers were aggressive anyway even if the owner took real good care of them.

You thought wrong ;) Its entirely due to how they're brought up.

Rotweillers and pit bulls can inflict very serious bites. Your chances of surviving an attack by most other breeds are much greater. I am suspicious of the kind of people who choose to own these breeds. What's wrong with a Collie, for Pete's sake?

what! thats just silly. I think rotties are gorgeous, and pit bulls/staffies are as well. Pitbulls shouldn't be round animals though. And small children.

lara c. fan
30-08-10, 23:56

No no. Otherwise I would have been missing a hand rather than having a Rottweiler licking it.

Lara's Nemesis
31-08-10, 00:05
You thought wrong ;) Its entirely due to how they're brought up.

what! thats just silly. I think rotties are gorgeous, and pit bulls/staffies are as well. Pitbulls shouldn't be round animals though. And small children.

I know a couple who used to have a staffie, it was very friendly. It was a very excitable dog tho and they needed to calm it down a lot.

They ended up giving it away to someone when they had a child, I think they were worried that he might have been jealous of the baby. The staffie did need a lot of attention.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-10, 00:28
I know a couple who used to have a staffie, it was very friendly. It was a very excitable dog tho and they needed to calm it down a lot.

They ended up giving it away to someone when they had a child, I think they were worried that he might have been jealous of the baby. The staffie did need a lot of attention.

yeah they are exciteable :p Thats a fair descision if they were concerned. I'm looking after a staffie at the minute and I love her :(

Ward Dragon
31-08-10, 00:34
Jail is prison (:p), but yeah, that is completely irresponsible.

Not exactly, at least in the US :o Jail is for short term sentences (less than a year) and is usually run by the county while prison is for long term sentences and is usually run by the state or federal government.

It annoys me when dogs are given a bad reputation when the owners are to blame for being irresponsible. If you're going to have a dog like a rottweiler, a breed that can be really gentle when looked after properly, then you should be vetted. But then there are private breeders who sell to anyone as well. All dogs have the potential to be aggressive if treated wrongly, it is an owners responsibility not to let that happen.

I feel sorry for the girl for needing surgery and for the dogs who'lll be put down over this. :(

I completely agree. To own such a potentially dangerous animal, not treat it properly and then let it loose... She's completely responsible for everything that happened. That poor girl (not to mention the dogs) :(

Lara's Nemesis
31-08-10, 00:37
yeah they are exciteable :p Thats a fair descision if they were concerned. I'm looking after a staffie at the minute and I love her :(

:( I take it the situation is not permanent then, really tough when you grow attached to an animal and can't keep them for some reason.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-10, 00:41
:( I take it the situation is not permanent then, really tough when you grow attached to an animal and can't keep them for some reason.

We could get thrown out the house if we keep her :( She one of my mum's client's dogs, but unfortunately the lady is dying and the dog needs to be rehomed. I'm very much attached to her :( I want her to stay.

Mad Tony
31-08-10, 00:42
poor rottweillers :(Seriously? Some poor little girl just got her arms and legs chewed on by a couple of savage dogs and you're saying poor dogs?

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-10, 00:44
Seriously? Some poor little girl just got her arms and legs chewed on by a couple of savage dogs and you're saying poor dogs?

well its terrible the little girl got savaged but it was certaintly not the fault of the dogs. Its devastating they have to be euthanised.

Love2Raid
31-08-10, 00:44
Wow, that's so sad (for the girl). Why can't they keep those damn dogs on a freakin' leash?! :cen:

larafan25
31-08-10, 00:45
Question!

When Aligators attack people, do they get put down?

Mad Tony
31-08-10, 00:46
well its terrible the little girl got savaged but it was certaintly not the fault of the dogs. Its devastating they have to be euthanised.It's partly the fault of the owners (although let's be fair we don't actually know yet how they were raised) and partly the fault of the dogs. It's sad maybe (although I'm having trouble finding sympathy for them) but it's definitely for the greater good.

Lara's Nemesis
31-08-10, 00:46
We could get thrown out the house if we keep her :( She one of my mum's client's dogs, but unfortunately the lady is dying and the dog needs to be rehomed. I'm very much attached to her :( I want her to stay.

Poor dog, hopefully you will find a solution that lets you keep her. If that is not possible then I'm sure you will find a good home for her.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-10, 00:48
Question!

Yes.

It's partly the fault of the owners (although let's be fair we don't actually know yet how they were raised) and partly the fault of the dogs. It's sad maybe (although I'm having trouble finding sympathy for them) but it's definitely for the greater good.

It completely her fault :p

Poor dog, hopefully you will find a solution that lets you keep her. If that is not possible then I'm sure you will find a good home for her.

yeahh :( I'll certaintly do my best, that I promise.

Mad Tony
31-08-10, 00:49
It completely her fault :pWhat, the girl?

Love2Raid
31-08-10, 00:49
Question!

No idea, but the point is, these dogs are not wild animals. This is not expected behaviour, but a gator attacking someone would be expected. There is no place to keep all these potentially dangerous dogs, so they are killed.

larafan25
31-08-10, 00:51
It's partly the fault of the owners (although let's be fair we don't actually know yet how they were raised) and partly the fault of the dogs. It's sad maybe (although I'm having trouble finding sympathy for them) but it's definitely for the greater good.

I don't see a problem, it's just the circle of life, half that girls arm is going to turn into grass and in a couple years we will be eating it ourselves.

I'm joking

I guess these are the problems...

The girl was bitten
The dog was aggressive
The owner may have neglected it

So what would happen if some kid get neglected and grows up to be a murderer and kills someone, then what?

Some places you would be sentenced to death, other places to life in prison.:pi:

Lara's Nemesis
31-08-10, 00:52
What, the girl?

It is the dog owners fault, you could also blame the system that basically allows anyone to own certain breeds of dog.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-10, 00:52
What, the girl?

No the owner of the two rotties.

Love2Raid
31-08-10, 00:54
I don't see a problem, it's just the circle of life, half that girls arm is going to turn into grass and in a couple years we will be eating it ourselves.

I'm joking

The girl was bitten
The dog was aggressive

So what would happen if some kid get neglected and grows up to be a murderer and kills someone, then what?

Some places you would be sentenced to death, other places to life in prison.:pi:
So are you suggesting people should be put down as well or prisons for animals? :p

Tomb-Dude
31-08-10, 00:58
Arghhh... More bad press for the rottweilers.
I've had about 6 of them now and they were never aggressive, so people who blame the breed and calling them aggressive are stupid =/ The woman obviously treated the dogs in a negative way, so the dogs reacted like that.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-10, 01:00
Arghhh... More bad press for the rottweilers.
I've had about 6 of them now and they were never aggressive, so people who blame the breed and calling them aggressive are stupid =/ The woman obviously treated the dogs in a negative way, so the dogs reacted like that.

Exactly. And your rotty looks and sounds lush :tmb:

larafan25
31-08-10, 01:03
So are you suggesting people should be put down as well or prisons for animals? :p

Well...no...no death penalty for anyone. Just prisons and helping places that set you up.

So maybe a dog trainer for the dog...who trains lots of dogs.:pi:

Love2Raid
31-08-10, 01:05
Yeah but as far as I know, those dogs can never be trusted as pets again. Maybe they could be used as guard dogs or something...

Mad Tony
31-08-10, 01:05
No the owner of the two rotties.Partly.

I find it funny how people are saying it's basically everyone's fault (minus the girl) except the dogs.

Paddy
31-08-10, 01:06
Lol at anyone who thinks the owners arent to blame.
They are the ones to blame, they should be training their dogs to not be aggressive, its their fault.
Partly.

I find it funny how people are saying it's basically everyone's fault (minus the girl) except the dogs.
Thats because the dogs really shouldnt be to blame for their owners lack of good training for those dogs.

Capt. Murphy
31-08-10, 01:08
If someone isn't going to take the effort to properly train their dog - then they don't deserve to have a dog that is like that. It's not so much about negligence on the part of the owner... It's more about not making the effort to learn and study about the nature of these animals, and how to be good stewards of them. Because once they realize how potentially dangerous a dog like that can be - they SHOULD want to get them trained and disciplined. :hea:

Some owners need to be "put down". :mad:

ETA: Haha... A dog is only as stupid as it's owner.

Paddy
31-08-10, 01:09
If someone isn't going to take the effort to properly train their dog - then they don't deserve to have a dog that is like that. It's not so much about negligence on the part of the owner... It's more about not making the effort to learn and study about the nature of these animals, and how to be good stewards of them.

I agree, the owners need to train their dog properly, cannot blame the dogs for their owners poor efforts at training them.
But I agree the dogs should be put down though.

Chocola teapot
Partly.

They're just animals that shouldn't and most certainly don't usually attack people... but they've obviously been mistreated by the owner in some way.

The dogs have been put down, the ultimate form of punishment.

What more do you want?

Love2Raid
Partly.

Well you can't expect them to really understand what is right and what is wrong.

larafan25
31-08-10, 01:10
If someone isn't going to take the effort to properly train their dog - then they don't deserve to have a dog that is like that. It's not so much about negligence on the part of the owner... It's more about not making the effort to learn and study about the nature of these animals, and how to be good stewards of them. Because once they realize how potentially dangerous a dog like that can be - they SHOULD want to get them trained and disciplined. :hea:

:eek:

Capt. Murphy
31-08-10, 01:11
I edited my post guys! :cln:

xcrushterx
31-08-10, 01:13
Bottom line is: if the dogs had been cared for properly, this wouldn't have happened. The dogs can't help the way they were raised, and if their upbringing is what led to this attack, how can you blame the dogs?

larafan25
31-08-10, 01:18
My dog was the best dog ever....seriously.

She was a huge sometimes scary bull in a china shop of a dog as a puppy, because she was hyper, but she was never aggressive, aslways playfull.

My gosh, I never had to worry about her hurting me.

Tony9595
31-08-10, 01:33
Guys, calm down. Just ask yourself...

What would Lara do? :cool:

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu358/tony9595/dog1.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu358/tony9595/dog2.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu358/tony9595/dog3.jpg

:ohn:

larafan25
31-08-10, 01:37
Guys, calm down. Just ask yourself...

What would Lara do? :cool:

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu358/tony9595/dog1.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu358/tony9595/dog2.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu358/tony9595/dog3.jpg

:ohn:

OH MY GOSH.

You are right.

This is an outrage, that little girl wasn't helpless, she should have been carrying a gun with her! It's all her fault, she wasn't prepared.

Alpharaider47
31-08-10, 02:11
Partly.

Hey Mad Tony, if you poke a bear with a stick what's it going to do to you?

robm_2007
31-08-10, 02:19
OH MY GOSH.

You are right.

This is an outrage, that little girl wasn't helpless, she should have been carrying a gun with her! It's all her fault, she wasn't prepared.

thats why i want to get a Taser Gun; so that i may stun any man, woman, or child (or animal) that may become a threat to me.

take that you incessant-on-me-buying-cookies-to-raise-money-for-Cancer-Research Girl Scout!

OH NOEZ! Trannie Chambers style. :D

SpongeBob Lover
31-08-10, 03:53

I'm joking

The girl was bitten
The dog was aggressive

Oh My Goodness this made me laugh so hard! :vlol: I like your point though.

voltz
31-08-10, 05:27
poor rottweillers :(

Sucks for them, but they got whats coming.

Alpharaider47
31-08-10, 05:32
Sucks for them, but they got whats coming.

Hehe but if you wanna put it that way, don't we all? Karma's a ***** :p

ozzman
31-08-10, 05:52
if trained right the dogs could have another chance, but i don't think it will happen, my
rottweiler -Lab Mix is the nicest dog i'v ever had, such a big baby :D i feel bad for the girl though

Draco
31-08-10, 08:26

As everyone else has said, how is the owner not responsible?

Why would you have a pet you couldn't control? Do you have gorillas as pets?

I'm suspicious of the kind of people who ride bicycles in a city with the worst drivers in the country voluntarily.

Question!

All animals do.

Mad Tony
31-08-10, 09:48
Hey Mad Tony, if you poke a bear with a stick what's it going to do to you?Wrong example really, unless of course you think the girl provoked the dogs?

Draco
31-08-10, 11:02
Wrong example really, unless of course you think the girl provoked the dogs?

You might as well blame her too.

Tomb-Dude
31-08-10, 11:22
Bottom line is: if the dogs had been cared for properly, this wouldn't have happened. The dogs can't help the way they were raised, and if their upbringing is what led to this attack, how can you blame the dogs?

I agree with you exactly here :) It all depends on how the dog was brought up. The breed it's self is a strong dog, and if brought up in a horrible way things like this can happen. But after having 6 rotties in my life never have any of them attacked or threatened anyone. I mean a stranger who came to check up on our house just walked into our house once. after we thought he had left, and went into my room. My dog didn't attack but followed him upstairs until he went in my room then the dog "warned" us someone was in the house by constantly barking (not showing his teeth or anything). It just shows rotties aren't always about attacking. Since mine had the perfect chance to with a strange walking in the house without us actually in the house (we were outside the back garden). I think that kind of ruins the typical sterotype of a rotty, right?

Yeah but as far as I know, those dogs can never be trusted as pets again. Maybe they could be used as guard dogs or something...

So the 6 rotties i've had shouldn't have been pets then? Saying when i was about 8 years old i shouldn't of been rolling around on the floor with a full grown rotty?

Rottweilers, are just like any other dog and people who say they shouldn't be pets really **** me off. I know a few people have jack russels but they are quite snappy and bity themselves. I mean i've been bitten by one, a friend of mine walked up the town once and it attack his leg? Did it get put down? no. Did it get a huge story? no.

[/Rant]

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-10, 11:24
Partly.

No not partly. And its hilarious how you think its only partly the womans fault. you cant fault the dogs.

@Love2Raid - and you think you know right and wrong? Tbh you're very misinformed. But enough of that...

Mad Tony
31-08-10, 11:37
You might as well blame her too.How?

pEhouse
31-08-10, 12:20
let's face it - dogs are descendants of predators, and there's nothing we can do to get rid of these instincts completely. Breeding to make them more harmless is possible, but there will always be triggers to make that dangerous side in a dog come out again.

Personally, I think it's a shame that so many people give (their) dogs a higher priority than human life. When I see comments like "Poor rotties" etc, it really makes me mad. It seems to be a general opinion that everybody loves dogs - and therefore a matter of course that they are not always kept on a leash. I live in Germany, and we don't have a general leash law throughout the whole country. Even in places we do, no one cares about it, neither dog owners, nor authorities. I once came across an old lady with a German sheperd, running free as it comes. I asked her to put the dog on a leash because I was scared. She did so, but not without yelling at me to "get lost". And since I go running in the woods very frequently, similar situations happen a lot.
I wonder how many more of these incidents need to happen until we get stricter laws according dogs. My sympathies are with the little girl, who will probably be traumatized and scared of dogs for the rest of her life.

jaywalker
31-08-10, 13:03
Like the analogy `guns dont kill people, people WITH guns kill people` a gun doesnt just go off on its own and shoot someone..

Yes i KNOW a dog has free will etc so will if provoked or hungry defend/feed itself.. however thats true of ANY dog, irrelevant of species.. Now just because the Rottweiler has got the power to inflict more damage then a pekinese doesnt change the simple fact, if a dog is raised uncontrolled or in a bad environment it wont know simple discipline.

We dont know the history/upbringing of these dogs, however its not had to guess that they would have been probably left alone and not discplined when doing things wrong etc.. i've seen Rottweilers carrying kids on their back, playing happily with toddlers etc, so its not the breed thats the problem.

Its like the status `dogs` u see around places, thugs with pitbulls and staffs, the poor dogs get the bad rep, when its the owners who should be made to register all dogs and `insure` their welfare and behaviour.. and any slip is a criminal offence..

We dont know what happened with the girl; did she spook the dogs accidentally? run on its paw/tail we simply dont know, and i get the feeling the usual media `furore` will ensure that the actual truth will probably never come out - whats happened is horrific, but its once again a story in the media truly overplayed for the sake of it. I am glad the owner has been charged for sure

trXD
31-08-10, 13:10
Like the analogy `guns dont kill people, people WITH guns kill people` a gun doesnt just go off on its own and shoot someone..

Yes i KNOW a dog has free will etc so will if provoked or hungry defend/feed itself.. however thats true of ANY dog, irrelevant of species.. Now just because the Rottweiler has got the power to inflict more damage then a pekinese doesnt change the simple fact, if a dog is raised uncontrolled or in a bad environment it wont know simple discipline.

We dont know the history/upbringing of these dogs, however its not had to guess that they would have been probably left alone and not discplined when doing things wrong etc.. i've seen Rottweilers carrying kids on their back, playing happily with toddlers etc, so its not the breed thats the problem.

Its like the status `dogs` u see around places, thugs with pitbulls and staffs, the poor dogs get the bad rep, when its the owners who should be made to register all dogs and `insure` their welfare and behaviour.. and any slip is a criminal offence..

We dont know what happened with the girl; did she spook the dogs accidentally? run on its paw/tail we simply dont know, and i get the feeling the usual media `furore` will ensure that the actual truth will probably never come out - whats happened is horrific, but its once again a story in the media truly overplayed for the sake of it. I am glad the owner has been charged for sure

I completely agree.

I had a german shepard for ten years, and that is certainly a breed of dog known for being violent, but she lived with four kids and was absolutely great with us! She wouldn't have hurt a fly, even when we were getting on her nerves.

Dog's are naturally violent in the same way people are, it depends how you are raised.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-10, 13:13
I completely agree.

I had a german shepard for ten years, and that is certainly a breed of dog known for being violent, but she lived with four kids and was absolutely great with us! She wouldn't have hurt a fly, even when we were getting on her nerves.

Dog's are naturally violent in the same way people are, it depends how you are raised.

I agree with jaywalker too. and you're 100% correct ;)

Cochrane
31-08-10, 14:27
No not partly. And its hilarious how you think its only partly the womans fault. you cant fault the dogs.

@Love2Raid - and you think you know right and wrong? Tbh you're very misinformed. But enough of that...

The point is that the dogs are dangerous. It does not matter whether they are at fault, they are too dangerous to be left out in the open again.

Draco
31-08-10, 15:29
How?

Easy, you post it here. I mean why wouldn't it also be her fault it happened? She didn't have to be where the dogs were. Or we xould blame her father for dropping her off in a place he thought was safe. Silly him.

The only blame and fault that matters is that of the dog owner. Period. End of frackin story. Go directly to jail, don't pass Go, don't collect your $200.

Love2Raid
31-08-10, 15:32
So the 6 rotties i've had shouldn't have been pets then? Saying when i was about 8 years old i shouldn't of been rolling around on the floor with a full grown rotty?

Rottweilers, are just like any other dog and people who say they shouldn't be pets really **** me off. I know a few people have jack russels but they are quite snappy and bity themselves. I mean i've been bitten by one, a friend of mine walked up the town once and it attack his leg? Did it get put down? no. Did it get a huge story? no.

[/Rant]
I wasnīt talking about your dogs, chill out.

Itīs a dog for crying out loud. I donīt think they can really oversee the consequences of their actions like normal adult humans can. We have much more control over our instincts. I think you are taking your love for animals a bit too far, no offense.

Iīm not saying there is no possible way that the girl provoked them, maybe she tossed a stick at them or something. But the way the dogs reacted is really dangerous. Would you want them anywhere near your playing children? Of course not!

I think all dogs should be kept on leashes when outside of their home (also for their own safety).

Dunnut7
31-08-10, 15:45
Why are the dogs being killed and not the ****ing dogs owner!?:mad: This makes me mad! These dogs couldn't help it, but the owner could if she would just keep her dogs leashed!

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-10, 15:56
The point is that the dogs are dangerous. It does not matter whether they are at fault, they are too dangerous to be left out in the open again.
I know that, and sadly putting them down is the only option --but that was not the point of the two posts I quoted.

Itīs a dog for crying out loud. I donīt think they can really oversee the consequences of their actions like normal adult humans can. We have much more control over our instincts. I think you are taking your love for animals a bit too far, no offense.

Iīm not saying there is no possible way that the girl provoked them, maybe she tossed a stick at them or something. But the way the dogs reacted is really dangerous. Would you want them anywhere near your playing children? Of course not!

I think all dogs should be kept on leashes when outside of their home (also for their own safety).

*sigh* you're really not getting this are you? Yes, these particular dogs are dangerous -- but through the owner's fault. she is to blame. If it wasn't for her mistreating her animals and then allowing them free reign, this little girl would not have been mauled and the two animals would not have to be euthanised. And my love of animals doesnt even come into this! This is fact.

Love2Raid
31-08-10, 15:59
Of course she is to blame, but the dogs will pay the price as well because of what I said. We are going in circles here...

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-10, 16:01
Of course she is to blame, but the dogs will pay the price as well because of what I said. We are going in circles here...

That's not the point you were saying before...at all.

robm_2007
31-08-10, 16:07
what kind of plastic surgery does she need? is it only on her arms and legs?

Love2Raid
31-08-10, 16:11
That's not the point you were saying before...at all.
What was it then?

Draco
31-08-10, 16:43
Jesus, L2R also stands for learn2read.

pEhouse
31-08-10, 16:44
I know that, and sadly putting them down is the only option --but that was not the point of the two posts I quoted.

*sigh* you're really not getting this are you? Yes, these particular dogs are dangerous -- but through the owner's fault. she is to blame. If it wasn't for her mistreating her animals and then allowing them free reign, this little girl would not have been mauled and the two animals would not have to be euthanised. And my love of animals doesnt even come into this! This is fact.

But wait.. where did you pick up the fact that the dog owner was mistreating her dogs?

Love2Raid
31-08-10, 16:47
Jesus, L2R also stands for learn2read.
I don't remember asking you anything. But if you wish to join so badly, why don't you answer the question instead of mocking me. I don't appreciate that.

Draco
31-08-10, 16:48
But wait.. where did you pick up the fact that the dog owner was mistreating her dogs?

Hayley means that the owner wasn't treating/training them properly. Not that they were abused or anything.

Draco
31-08-10, 16:49
I don't remember asking you anything. But if you wish to join so badly, why don't you answer the question instead of mocking me. I don't appreciate that.

Since when is that a prerequisite to participate in TRF? Are you talking in PMs? No, didn't frackin think so.

Love2Raid
31-08-10, 17:06
Frackin? :confused:

I just don't see what she meant by my previous point, so it would be nice if she returned and enlightened me. But she can choose not to, no problem. She doesn't owe me anything.

Not sure why you had to mock my username for that, but whatever makes your day buddy. :)

Draco
31-08-10, 17:11
All she is saying that the type of dog doesn't predetermine how well it will behave. Some types are more prone to certain behavioural trends, but for the most part all can be overcome with training.

Rotts are great dogs to have around kids when trained, very protective of family, esp younger members.

Love2Raid
31-08-10, 17:15
Thank you, Draco, that's all I wanted, really.

But I never said Rottweilers are all dangerous dogs, I said these Rottweilers are dangerous dogs and are going to be killed because of the attack. And then I said, maybe they could be used as guard dogs or something instead of just killing them (because guard dogs are supposed to be aggresive and 'bite-happy'). It seems to be a misunderstanding...

Draco
31-08-10, 17:17
I was probably a little quick on the draw, I'm not having a good day.

Love2Raid
31-08-10, 17:19
That's okay, we all have bad days, some more often than others. ;)

Rai
31-08-10, 17:29
Not exactly, at least in the US :o Jail is for short term sentences (less than a year) and is usually run by the county while prison is for long term sentences and is usually run by the state or federal government.

I didn't know that, sorry robm then for the correction. To be honest I don't know how it works over here, I just thought the two words meant the same :o.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-10, 21:31
Hayley means that the owner wasn't treating/training them properly. Not that they were abused or anything.

that is indeed what i meant :tmb:

Frackin? :confused:

I just don't see what she meant by my previous point, so it would be nice if she returned and enlightened me. But she can choose not to, no problem. She doesn't owe me anything.

Not sure why you had to mock my username for that, but whatever makes your day buddy. :)

Yeah I didnt reply because I was busy :p I cant always be on here!
Tbh it just seemed like you were all for blaming the dogs and then suddenly you said something completely different *shrugs*

robm_2007
31-08-10, 21:48
what kind of plastic surgery does she need? is it only on her arms and legs?

Quoted cuz it went unread.

I didn't know that, sorry robm then for the correction. To be honest I don't know how it works over here, I just thought the two words meant the same :o.

NP, Rai :) Just go vandalise something with teh Queen's image on it, then youll get your dose of the British jail/prison system first hand

Then you can comeback to TRF and give us our British Govt lesson :pi:

SpongeBob Lover
31-08-10, 23:23
Why is life so controversial? *sighs* Nobody answer lol i'm just 'rambling' as my physics teacher would put it.

Love2Raid
31-08-10, 23:54
Yeah I didnt reply because I was busy :p I cant always be on here!
Tbh it just seemed like you were all for blaming the dogs and then suddenly you said something completely different *shrugs*
You only see what you want to see. I never ever implied that the dogs should be blamed.

These are all my posts in the thread (except for a few irrelevant ones):

Wow, that's so sad (for the girl). Why can't they keep those damn dogs on a freakin' leash?! :cen:
*all dogs
No idea, but the point is, these dogs are not wild animals. This is not expected behaviour, but a gator attacking someone would be expected. There is no place to keep all these potentially dangerous dogs, so they are killed.
*these dogs = these two dogs

*those dogs = those two dogs

Well you can't expect them to really understand what is right and what is wrong.
*dogs in general
I was actually defending the dogs here, but it seems like you want to interpretate it differently.

*pretty much speaks for itself

*same

Thank you, Draco, that's all I wanted, really.

But I never said Rottweilers are all dangerous dogs, I said these Rottweilers are dangerous dogs and are going to be killed because of the attack. And then I said, maybe they could be used as guard dogs or something instead of just killing them (because guard dogs are supposed to be aggresive and 'bite-happy'). It seems to be a misunderstanding...

Well, that's it. If that won't convince you, I don't know what will. (Btw I have been attacked by a dog once myself, I didn't do anything to provoke it. So I am not particularly fond of them, except for puppies. :D)

xXhayleyroxXx
01-09-10, 08:49
Nooo I see what is there -- if you read your own posts in the order you've put them, you go from going 'omg its the dog's fault!' to 'so maybe it might not be the dog's fault now'.

Love2Raid
01-09-10, 13:24
Nooo I see what is there -- if you read your own posts in the order you've put them, you go from going 'omg its the dog's fault!' to 'so maybe it might not be the dog's fault now'.
Really now? Can you tell me exactly which words of mine translate into your words in bold?

xXhayleyroxXx
01-09-10, 18:54
Its just the way its comes across. Right now I don't have a clue how to word it better but thats certaintly how it reads.