ZzWdzAMBGCI

:eek:

Who else kicks booty with the guitar?

Tombraiderx08
31-08-10, 02:12
That's pretty hardcore :yik:

interstellardave
31-08-10, 02:15
All shred, no soul. That's the kind of guitar playing that doesn't impress me. (of course it's a short clip, maybe she can do more... or do better).

SpongeBob Lover
31-08-10, 03:58
It's sweet! There isn't many female guitar players!

But my good friend plays better than her :p She can sweep and shred! She is also a girl.

ThatNorskChick
31-08-10, 05:01
All shred, no soul. That's the kind of guitar playing that doesn't impress me. (of course it's a short clip, maybe she can do more... or do better).

That's what I thought. She can move fast but there's not much...substance? It felt she was just hitting random notes.

Solice
31-08-10, 06:02

Give her time, she is only fifteen :) Let's see how she is at twenty two or twenty five. I think she has potential.

UKBPqHAMxxs

Lara's Nemesis
31-08-10, 06:23
She obviously has a lot of talent, not my personal taste tho. I prefer a good blues/rock style rather than a twiddly twiddly guitarist.

Good luck to her tho.:D

Capt. Murphy
31-08-10, 07:26
*in master shake voice* "Deep within the womb of time a creature shall be boooorrrrn!"

That style of music reminds me of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHPMhxrGrQ8

:vlol:

Edit: Also, not my taste of music... But if she can do that then good for her I guess. :p

RunrigNutter
31-08-10, 07:34
I like her, I dont mind guitar like that. I love Malcolm Jones from Runrig

tn95pPlq6So

Draco
31-08-10, 11:04
That isn't playing the guitar, that's having melodic Parkinson's.

Archetype
31-08-10, 11:19
Meh, no feel to it :/

interstellardave
31-08-10, 11:26
I glad, and a little surprised, that so many agree with me. She would benefit greatly from classical training, at least in a technical sense... then, if she learned composition and slowed down a bit the "feel" might come to her too.

(I know she's only 15 but now's the time for her to expand her musical horizons, IMO).

Draco
31-08-10, 11:29
She needs to borrow some Hendrix sheets.

EscondeR
31-08-10, 11:38
Why do I have a strong feeling it's a fake??? *shrugs*

Dina_Croft
31-08-10, 11:44
UKBPqHAMxxs

Lol her guitar is ugly.

I bet she has been playing guitar for at least 2 years. And yeah you can pretty much do that stuff if you practise a lot and if you've reached a point where you're comfortable with your guitar. Her techniques are called Vibration and Tapping (if anyone is interested).

Archetype
31-08-10, 11:50
I glad, and a little surprised, that so many agree with me. She would benefit greatly from classical training, at least in a technical sense... then, if she learned composition and slowed down a bit the "feel" might come to her too.

(I know she's only 15 but now's the time for her to expand her musical horizons, IMO).

Pretty much.. the amount of tapping that she does it kind of annoying. Actually sounds more like the mario theme tune.

Btw, the guitar is like bigger than her? wooootttffff

interstellardave
31-08-10, 11:57
OUCH... this clip says it all... it's so obvious she doesn't feel it. You can hear it and you can see it by watching her.

EDIT: I don't mean to be bashing her; I found this clip and I really was hoping it would be good. She's a cute girl and I'm a sucker for cute girls; that's why my wife says she's glad we never had a daughter 'cause she'd probably get away with murder, LOL!

ccEbuD5j5YY

Dina_Croft
31-08-10, 12:15
Btw, the guitar is like bigger than her? wooootttffff

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn135/dazzle_me90/GIF/image-16.gif

What if a female guitarist is ... petit? :(

Sgt BOMBULOUS
31-08-10, 12:18
Did anyone else have an advertisement for affordable document destruction flash across the bottom? I found that kind of amusing...

Anyway, yeah, it's just all speed. When I was a little kid I was impressed by yngwie malmsteen, but as I grew older I realized I'd much rather listen to this:

A43hdpVdSos

(The magic starts at 3:02, probably one of the deepest guitar pieces I can think of)

interstellardave
31-08-10, 12:29
Even Malmsteen can compose and play some moving songs, like "Crying". I like guys who can jam and also play mellow...

Jimi Hendrix
Frank Marino
Steve Howe
David Gilmour
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Eric Johnson
Jimmy Page
Alex Lifeson

To name only a few...

Archetype
31-08-10, 14:53
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn135/dazzle_me90/GIF/image-16.gif

What if a female guitarist is ... petit? :(

Well there's petit and then there's...

The guitar just looks massive in comparrison to her. It's almost like the 3 bears lol.

This is my 'beast'

http://i35.************/2rm9r4n.jpg

and it's like just the right size :p

igonge
31-08-10, 15:14
That just sounds like random crap.

*laralover*
31-08-10, 15:17
Give her time, she is only fifteen :) Let's see how she is at twenty two or twenty five. I think she has potential.

UKBPqHAMxxs

Yeah iv seen alot of talented players on Youtube who actually play like they are one with the instrument and actually love the song they are playing! This just sounds like "o i can play the guitar look at me..yay..:)" :o I used to play electric guitar but i couldnt get the hang of it at all :p

Dina_Croft
31-08-10, 17:08
http://i35.************/2rm9r4n.jpg

Nice :tmb:

Mine it's a common dark blue and white Stratocaster. I didn't bought it, a friend of my Dad gave it to us. But still it's a pretty good one.

Another Lara
31-08-10, 19:04

UKBPqHAMxxs

Meh... yeah she can play, but where's the love?! Where's the soul?!

Here's a real guitar God ;)

do5UDEJoa4k

toxicraider
31-08-10, 19:11
It doesn't sound very good musically, in my opinion. :o

jaywalker
31-08-10, 19:17
It doesn't sound very good musically, in my opinion. :o
Hope u meaning her guitaring not matts ;)

Meh... yeah she can play, but where's the love?! Where's the soul?!

Here's a real guitar God ;)

do5UDEJoa4k

Any excuse to show matt eh? ;) totally understandable

TRfan23
31-08-10, 19:21
It does look a bit fake if you look carefully, though that maybe just the audio and video a little bit out of sync. She seems pretty good, but she needs to work on it, and add some tune to it.
I mostly only like songs that have guitars in with vocals though.

Did anyone else have an advertisement for affordable document destruction flash across the bottom? I found that kind of amusing...

Anyway, yeah, it's just all speed. When I was a little kid I was impressed by yngwie malmsteen, but as I grew older I realized I'd much rather listen to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A43hdpVdSos

(The magic starts at 3:02, probably one of the deepest guitar pieces I can think of)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swPt9HBRXuE&ob=av2n

:)

That's probably one of the deepest guitar pieces I've heard of, along with 'The Number of the Beast' by Iron Maiden :)

Reckless Lara
31-08-10, 21:31
This kind of music is not my cup of tea anyway but I can state my opinion, right? I don't think that she is super talented. That was a repeated solo with a few changes in between. Her fingers do move fast and she probably has the strengh to deal with a guitar and surely she might improve more. But still, I'm not impressed.

toxicraider
31-08-10, 22:13
Hope u meaning her guitaring not matts ;)

Yeah I mean hers.
It just sounds like notes, not music.

Lara Croft!
31-08-10, 23:16

+1