PDA

View Full Version : Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 1 and 2 Fans

Amanda-2-Evil
31-08-10, 20:05
(knowing me, there is proberbly one of these already)

This is for you CoD lovers out there!

CoD is awesome and it has been rated one of the decades most antipated and popular game, but with Black Ops on the way, what do you like about CoD? Whats your highest kill Streak? Is there any other girls who play CoD apart from me?

State your question and hopefully they get answered! :jmp:

TombOfRaiders
31-08-10, 20:07
(knowing me, there is proberbly one of these already)

This is for you CoD lovers out there!

CoD is awesome and it has been rated one of the decades most antipated and popular game, but with Black Ops on the way, what do you like about CoD? Whats your highest kill Streak? Is there any other girls who play CoD apart from me?

State your question and hopefully they get answered! :jmp:

CoD is meh, it's found as addictive negativity by a lot of people. My highest kill streak is 32 on MW2, can't remember my highest on CoD4 and I've met a lot of other girls in MW2 games myself that play often. :)

Laralissa
31-08-10, 20:34
*raises hand* My Name is Lara, and I am a girl gamer :pi:

Call of duty is *awesome* - Modern Warfare 2 is my fave, I gave in and downloaded all the additional map packs :p Im only on like level 63 or something at the moment, going round levelling up with all the different perks trying to get them all to Pro. Pre-ordered Black Ops today actually :D

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-10, 21:19
I liked world at war the best! nazi zombies <3
The call of duty games are awesome! My friend got me into them and I kept his world at war disc, I liked it that much :vlol:

robm_2007
31-08-10, 21:57
I HATE COD 1, it was soo bland, i didnt have the energy or patience to beat it.

COD2, i did beat, adn i did play some of the minigames; but they werent fun. id give it a 7/10. i cannot understand why these games are so orgasmic in the gaming community; there nothing special or original about them that i could find.

ozzman
01-09-10, 05:09
the games are ok , but i would have like more realistic gore, you shoot someone in the face with a Shotgun, their head's gone or blown to peices by grenades, like WaW

Paddy
01-09-10, 05:11
Modern Warfare 2 is awesome, especially the controversial mission.

xXhayleyroxXx
01-09-10, 18:47
the games are ok , but i would have like more realistic gore, you shoot someone in the face with a Shotgun, their head's gone or blown to peices by grenades, like WaW

I agree :tmb: I love WaW and its the most realistic I find.

Modern Warfare 2 is awesome, especially the controversial mission.

I've only ever had the chance to play it at my friend's house but I did like it :) I still need to play the controversial mission.

ozzman
01-09-10, 20:13
WaW was the most real, but i wish we got some Japan Missions, those would be awesome, the maps where best for MP too, i just borrowed MW2 for PS3 to get the trophies and Pwn online [mostly, i do suck at FPS though]

TombOfRaiders
01-09-10, 20:57
I agree :tmb: I love WaW and its the most realistic I find.

+1 :tmb:

ozzman
01-09-10, 21:16
you actualy got headshots, instead of a dumb random message, and zombie mode was fun

Paddy
01-09-10, 22:44
The random grenades in World at War ****ed me off lol.

xXhayleyroxXx
01-09-10, 22:47
you actualy got headshots, instead of a dumb random message, and zombie mode was fun

zombie mode is excellent :tmb: I must go on it about once a week at least, without fail :vlol:

The random grenades in World at War ****ed me off lol.

what random grenades? :p

Paddy
01-09-10, 22:51
At the start of the game I keep getting hit by hundreds of grenades coming from nearly everywhere lol.

Chocola teapot
01-09-10, 22:53
I traded in Modern Warfare 2...

http://i52.************/20f6id1.png

Alpharaider47
01-09-10, 23:04
I liked world at war the best! nazi zombies <3
The call of duty games are awesome! My friend got me into them and I kept his world at war disc, I liked it that much :vlol:

Nazi Zombies ftw :p We really need to play that more often!

I rather like em, but not as much as other games. They're alright but the focus seems to be multiplayer. That doesn't bother me, but i'd much rather play a cooperative team/objective based game and I really am hard pressed to find any team players in CoD. I can't remember my highest kill streak but I can guarantee it was with a sniper :p
Decided to skip on MW2 because the campaign didn't sound appealing to me, might try it sometime but I'll wait for bargain bin :p Not sure what to think about Black Ops, it's treyarch.... zombies might be about the only reason I'd get it, I'll just have to wait and see.

xXhayleyroxXx
01-09-10, 23:04
At the start of the game I keep getting hit by hundreds of grenades coming from nearly everywhere lol.

Only on certain places though :p

@Chaz - yes, zombies are epic :vlol: and we do! Lol, I usually ending up getting really annoyed with people in my game :p Urghhh I hate when they steal your kills and windows! Madness :p

Paddy
01-09-10, 23:06
Happened almost everywhere on the first level for me. Lucky Im somewhat better at dodging grenades now, even occassionally flicking one back at them :D

xXhayleyroxXx
01-09-10, 23:07
Happened almost everywhere on the first level for me. Lucky Im somewhat better at dodging grenades now, even occassionally flicking one back at them :D

Makin Day is the worst for grenades I find :p ecspecially when you get to the ambush... that's murder on veteran.

Alpharaider47
01-09-10, 23:09

@Chaz - yes, zombies are epic :vlol: and we do! Lol, I usually ending up getting really annoyed with people in my game :p Urghhh I hate when they steal your kills and windows! Madness :p

Well you have to vm me when you're free :p

Paddy
01-09-10, 23:09
3rd level I got upto on COD 4 on Veteran, respawning enemies is a stupid idea.

Lara's Nemesis
01-09-10, 23:12
WAW uses grenades spamming on veteran, it's just bad programming really.

Paddy
01-09-10, 23:15
WAW uses grenades spamming on veteran, it's just bad programming really.
Thats just ****ing ridiculous, its as dumb an idea as having enemies respawn on veteran.

Lara's Nemesis
01-09-10, 23:20
Thats just ****ing ridiculous, its as dumb an idea as having enemies respawn on veteran.

Yep, spamming grenades on your head is not very realistic.

The respawning sucks as well, the only way of avoiding it is to keep advancing whilst volleying grenades back at the enemy. :p

xXhayleyroxXx
02-09-10, 12:16
I actually think respawning things make a better challenge :vlol: I'm on Burn 'em out on Veteran and its grenade mania! Almost done though :pi: This level has been bugging me for a while

Paddy
02-09-10, 12:25
Respawning doesnt need to be done to add the challenge, enemies are hard enough lol.
Had the respawning been on easy then fair enough but on veteran it wasnt necessary.

xXhayleyroxXx
02-09-10, 14:23
Respawning doesnt need to be done to add the challenge, enemies are hard enough lol.
Had the respawning been on easy then fair enough but on veteran it wasnt necessary.

I suppose, but it still makes it challenging :vlol:

Paddy
03-09-10, 03:36
I suppose, but it still makes it challenging :vlol:
Theres challenging, then theres near impossible :vlol:

Alpharaider47
03-09-10, 03:58
Theres challenging, then theres near impossible :vlol:

I think you mean... There's challenging, then there's Downfall on veteran...

xXhayleyroxXx
03-09-10, 08:58
I still need to attempt that :p

Amanda-2-Evil
08-09-10, 17:32
I actually completed COD MW2 storyline since i only play online, i was :yik: it was such a great ending, i hope they make a COD MW3. LOL im such a geek a COD, ive even got the COD bedding in my room LOL

xXhayleyroxXx
09-09-10, 18:33
^^ there's nothing wrong with that :vlol: I'm just generally a major geek :p

Nazi zombies might be making a return! eeep <3

jjbennett
09-09-10, 18:40
The original four maps are confirmed to be in the hardened and prestige versions.

They've only hinted at a co-op which could (and probably) be some sort of zombies/horde mode....frankly they would be stupid to NOT put one in.

I enjoy CoD, but don't have and currently apart from WaW (which is awful online). I got annoyed at MW2 the other week and destroyed the disk and i dont feel like im missing anything :p

Antonio
09-09-10, 19:04
I actually completed COD MW2 storyline since i only play online, i was :yik: it was such a great ending, i hope they make a COD MW3. LOL im such a geek a COD, ive even got the COD bedding in my room LOL

Much as I love Modern Warfare, unfortunately I think this is the end of MW series, because of such drama between Activision and ex-employees from Infinity Ward. Say hello to Future Warfare (not very soon). I'm gonna miss Captain Price.

^^ there's nothing wrong with that :vlol: I'm just generally a major geek :p

Nazi zombies might be making a return! eeep <3

Hayley I think you should give a try to Left 4 Dead. :D Yeah I know, there isn't L4D for PS3 and you have only PS3.

World at War it's good game, but only reason I was playing a is because of multiplayer and Nazi zombies. But in the end zombies quickly gets annoying.

Like I said before, I'm not a guy who likes previous CoD, but I love playing MW. I could play for hours on multiplayer. Maybe not now, but I'm looking forward for Black Ops. Even it didn't impress me single player on E3, but I'm in to online gaming these times. Right now it's hard to other imagine a game without multiplayer.:)

Melonie Tomb Raider
09-09-10, 19:30
I've got a big game night coming up this Monday with the Frag Dolls and other Cadettes. I'm personally more of a Halo girl, but I've been playing MW2 more than usual lately. :p

ozzman
09-09-10, 22:16
Just got MW1, it's Online MP is better than MW2, you level up much faster, one day and i'm LV 25

xXhayleyroxXx
09-09-10, 22:20
Hayley I think you should give a try to Left 4 Dead. :D Yeah I know, there isn't L4D for PS3 and you have only PS3.

yeah i would if I could :p

Mad Tony
09-09-10, 23:55
Am I the only one that was playing Call of Duty before November 2007 (release of CoD4)? I take some pride in the fact that I was playing CoD before it became really mainstream. :D

jjbennett
10-09-10, 00:27
I've had all the games but only got into online at Modern Warfare. I was online gaming before that, but not in a big way :)

ozzman
10-09-10, 01:46
i'v decided i'm going to get World At War again , it has actual gore [offline atleast], but online has the same crap the others have had, but oh well, still fun and i believe best in the series

xXhayleyroxXx
10-09-10, 11:27
^^^ what don't you like about online?
@MadTony - I haven't even heard of call of duty until modern warfare, because my friend got me into it :)

ozzman
10-09-10, 15:23
you dont get the gore that's in the offline, but its just the same as all the others, but fun

xXhayleyroxXx
10-09-10, 15:25
Don't you? I've never actually noticed :p

ozzman
10-09-10, 17:24
it's usualy a message saying headshot, but no exploding head, you do lose legs when blown to peices though , unlike the TRL style of Flying charactor and bouncy deaths :D. WaW had the most realistic deaths in the series

jjbennett
10-09-10, 17:52
Dismemberment is back in black ops.

ozzman
10-09-10, 18:51
Dismemberment is back in black ops.

FINALY IT's Back, it makes the game so much more realistic,it shows exactly what happens when you step on a Proximity mine, which was fun in RE5 BTW

xXhayleyroxXx
10-09-10, 19:48
dismemberment is sexy <3

I did not just say that...

lara c. fan
10-09-10, 19:51
Am I the only one that was playing Call of Duty before November 2007 (release of CoD4)? I take some pride in the fact that I was playing CoD before it became really mainstream. :D

I've played Finest Hour on GameCube... :p

ozzman
10-09-10, 23:29
i can barely play WaW online due to the fact i'm cheap and not Paying $24 for all the maps, they should have had seperate lobbies for DLC and Default maps like Uncharted 2 did

jjbennett
11-09-10, 01:07
Yeah, i originally had all the maps as they came out. I only re-aquired the game recently and re-downloaded two of the map packs for nazi zombies. When i had a quick go online, if theres a level you dont have due to the map packs on rotation, you sit in the lobby until the timer is up and then it cancels your connection. Why not just exclude you from the lobby in the first place?! The hit location hasn't been fixed online, its close to unplayable frankly.

ozzman
11-09-10, 03:00
i might not get the DLC due to the price, Uncharted got the prices right and reasonable, i just love WaW MORE than any in the series. just fun and gorey, i love the heavy machineguns in story, headshots and removal of legs :D

xXhayleyroxXx
11-09-10, 08:47
Yeah, i originally had all the maps as they came out. I only re-aquired the game recently and re-downloaded two of the map packs for nazi zombies. When i had a quick go online, if theres a level you dont have due to the map packs on rotation, you sit in the lobby until the timer is up and then it cancels your connection. Why not just exclude you from the lobby in the first place?! The hit location hasn't been fixed online, its close to unplayable frankly.

you can choose to skip it though;)

ozzman
11-09-10, 15:01
i hate finding a match, it's starting and THEN it boots you out saying you don't have the map, i liked the match making i MW2 the best, but i hate being a high level and always getting the high level people. why can i play with dumb people to get easy kills :p

xXhayleyroxXx
11-09-10, 21:40
^^ but wheres the challenge in that? This guy hacked the system for that reason when I'd started on a new account on a lower level.

ozzman
11-09-10, 23:46
well i like to get weapon unlocks, and some guns suck period for killing [.44 Mag] , i suck, i finaly got to LV 70 and all i got was presteige people and good people, no noobs to headshot

xXhayleyroxXx
12-09-10, 10:37
so do I, but there would be absolutely no challenge in that :p

Paddy
12-09-10, 10:56
so do I, but there would be absolutely no challenge in that :p

I agree, plus its not fair just to go smashing 'noobs' tbh lol

xXhayleyroxXx
12-09-10, 11:03
I know exactly :p

Hybrid Soldier
12-09-10, 16:03

Been playing since the release of the original on PC, Ben. :p :)

Smog
12-09-10, 21:34
well i like to get weapon unlocks, and some guns suck period for killing [.44 Mag] , i suck, i finaly got to LV 70 and all i got was presteige people and good people, no noobs to headshot

The Magnum's sooo great at close range. Emptying the chamber into a guy as he runs round a corner at you is incredibly satisfying. Also, any pistol with a tactical knife attachment and Commando is brutal.

ozzman
12-09-10, 22:25
i prefer quick one hit kills, but also like to keep distance, i don't like rushing in, but do sometimes with my UMP5 silenced :D

Lara's Nemesis
12-09-10, 23:17
The Magnum's sooo great at close range. Emptying the chamber into a guy as he runs round a corner at you is incredibly satisfying. Also, any pistol with a tactical knife attachment and Commando is brutal.

I hope they get rid of that tactical knife and commando thing.

I've seen me shooting someone as they are running towards me with that set up, surely getting shot repeatedly at close range would/should at least slow you down slightly. :p

Seems like you can run at full pelt until you die, tough guys on Modern Warfare 2.:D

Amanda-2-Evil
19-10-10, 20:27
I think im going to start a COD black ops and medal of honor thread, i want to compare the two! (since this thread is dead):hea:

Keekah
19-10-10, 21:24
What do you like about CoD? Whats your highest kill Streak? Is there any other girls who play CoD apart from me?
I do! If you're on Xbox Live, my gt is Lauren Winters, though I am not on as much as I used to be.

Anyway, I've been playing CoD since 2003, and what I most enjoyed about the series was that it was a blend of the hyperfast realism of Counter-Strike, but gave you a fighting chance like in Halo.

Unfortunately, I think the games have suffered as the series has gone on. Call of Duty 2 had the best multiplayer experience. And while I really enjoyed COD4, and MW2 to a lesser extent, I feel that the lack of recoil and addition of red dots and attachments has made the game too easy. It used to be that if you wanted the firepower of an assault rifle, you sacrificed accuracy and range. Now any gun can kill at almost any range, and it's a bit cheap.

I do still play MW2 a bit. My highest killstreak is 34, but I have never equipped the Tactical Nuke because I don't think it should have been added in the first place. I don't obsess over my performance, but I do try to hold a positive Kill/Death ratio, which is sitting at a 2.66 right now. I also don't Prestige, because I honestly could not care less about new emblems and titles.